Bad DVD transfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
has anyone who bought the widescreen version noticed a greyish discoloration at the top of the picture? It's really slight and it might actually be green (i'm red/green color blind in one eye). anyway, does this indicate a bad transfer or just something i missed in the other dvds?

aj_vader
what are you watching the DVD on? if its a plasma TV then this can be caused by the gasses within your screen, the gas wears out. it could be your DVD player is faulty, your scart of RGB (video cables) may need replacing, if its on your computer then it could be due to some settings on the graphics card?, the DVD was trasnferred straight from its digital source, which means no compression or loss in picture quality.

Darth Jello
meh, laptop

tlbauerle
I did notice the title crawl was unusually pale...it is usually a brilliant yellow, whereas now it was somewhat faded. sad

BAILY
Man did we get ****ed over by LFL and Fox on this DVD?? Goddamn it!! I am gonna have to watch mine now

DarkYoda
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I did notice the title crawl was unusually pale...it is usually a brilliant yellow, whereas now it was somewhat faded. sad

I noticed that the black on the title crawl seemed a bit more like dark gray. But then the camera immediately pans down into brightness, so...

Yeah... I don't know.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Jello
my dvd got kind of banged up during shipping (UPS uniforms are a very appropriate color) but that wouldn't explain the weirdness. Some of the colors do seem a bit screwy, but again, i'm not sure if that's the transfer or my protanopia.
Since women are statistically unlikely to be color blind (this is the understatement of the century), I think they would be the best judge of the transfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.