Throwback

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spideys Sister
I saw on Tv once that spiderman had an actual tv show. Not a cartoon in one point. Anyone know what happened to it? BTW if you renember anything Spidey from way back when please I'd love to know.

spencerspider
I have no clue but it sounds sorta cool

Arahan
Are you talking about the TV Show with Nicholas Hammond as Spiderman?

Ultimate Hulk43
I read that show was horrible.It only got 2 seasons and terrible ratings.He doesn't even websling(I don't think he does,from what I've read).

spencerspider
eww sounds sad

Doc Ock
That show sucked.

Terrible.

Avoid at all costs.You ain't missing anything.

spencerspider
whew good

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I read that show was horrible.It only got 2 seasons and terrible ratings.He doesn't even websling(I don't think he does,from what I've read). Really? I saw it on the all time best superhero and villan countdown....Doc Ock got #9 and GG got #5, It was so sad. But Spidey came out #1

doctorstrongbad
Well way back in the day Spider-man used to be on The Electric Company. It was on PBS, like a teenage version of Sesame Street. He never talked and fought some strange enemies.

spencerspider
hmm weird well how old is this thing

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Well way back in the day Spider-man used to be on The Electric Company. It was on PBS, like a teenage version of Sesame Street. He never talked and fought some strange enemies. Really. Then what the hell was it about?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I saw on Tv once that spiderman had an actual tv show. Not a cartoon in one point. Anyone know what happened to it? BTW if you renember anything Spidey from way back when please I'd love to know.

Here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiderman#Television

doctorstrongbad
It was a kid's show and spider-man was there to make "learning cool". It was about 20 years ago maybe older.

Spideys Sister
Lame. Totally weak. I thought it was the first action show with CGI or something. They should try again. The cartoons are dying too fast.

botcherby
It would actually be pretty entertaining to a kid being introduced to Spiderman... he ran across the rooftops of LA and fought ninjas daily... In fact I'd suspect all you hardcore Wolverine fans would love this show, please for the sake of humanity go check it out!

And for all those Clone Saga lovers, they got that in there too! Cloning SPiderman and! a fight to the death, just like the original comic introducing the clone.

SpyCspider
the one with Nicholas Hammond was god-awful. He sported similar hair as Peter Parker in the 90s Animated series. The origin story was pretty close....ie....radioactive spider bit him, he walks out, jumps onto a wall to escape a car, etc.

As for the "special" effects....imagine someone throwing strands of cotton over bad guys and actually expecting them to be held. Repeated scenes of a yarn looping around a flagpole and pretending that's Spidey's slinging web. Forgettable villains, forgetable plot.

Ah 70s action series...

Spideys Sister
Man, they need to do something new. Spidey Unlimited is gone and they keep reruning the shows from th 80's and the 90's. I don't appreciate it.

botcherby
Unlimited sucked so bad big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Doc Ock
That show sucked.

Terrible.

Avoid at all costs.You ain't missing anything.

true but the same thing could be said for the movies as well even though that tv show makes those horrible movies look like a masterpiece.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Man, they need to do something new. Spidey Unlimited is gone and they keep reruning the shows from th 80's and the 90's. I don't appreciate it.

Now those you should be able to appreciate spideys sister,because they are so much better than those horrible movies are.much more loyal to the comicbook.the 90's toon is anyways,but I like the 80's toon because the 90's toon did not draw peter parker right,they drew him to look like nicholas hammond,where the 80's toon nailed his look.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by botcherby
Unlimited sucked so bad big grin

Unlimited ROCKED! big grin I'm serious.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Unlimited ROCKED! big grin I'm serious. Ditto. His costume kicked ass. I mean really.

Arahan
Unlimited was cool. The costume was great and Spidey wasnt a sissy like in other series. Ok I admit the Story was ehm strange but the action was nice.

And not to forget the Spiderman cartoon based on the Movie with Tobey and Co. This show was really cool. The action was great and Spidey was Spidey, fast, strong and funny. It is a pity that there was no second season. Luckily I have all episodes (unlimited as well)

The real TV Show wih Hammond was lol. I had 3 episodes on video.

Spideys Sister
Why did they cancel Unlimited.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.