flash v thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
discuss. eek!

Metalmanx
Flash.

RAGE17
thanos

Metalmanx
Originally posted by RAGE17
thanos

Touche. It seems we are evenly matched, my friend.

Adam Warlock
Flash will run through the end of time and make Thanos disappear. Or he'll run around and gather a multiverse type of attack. Flash is unbeatable.

RAGE17
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Touche. It seems we are evenly matched, my friend.

colossus takes both of them....its time for you to transcend and become organic rage like me....

RAGE17
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Flash will run through the end of time and make Thanos disappear. Or he'll run around and gather a multiverse type of attack. Flash is unbeatable.

thats flash prime bub

Metalmanx
Originally posted by RAGE17
colossus takes both of them....its time for you to transcend and become organic rage like me....

...No...you don't mean it....you mean it? Really?

You mean I can now be...gasp...Organic Rage?

Like you?

Oh, my....I...I never thought this day would come! Yes! I will gladly become Organic Rage!

I will do whatever I can in power my to serve you, Master Rage.

RAGE17
...No...you don't mean it....you mean it? Really?

You mean I can now be...gasp...Organic Rage?

Like you?

Oh, my....I...I never thought this day would come! Yes! I will gladly become Organic Rage!

I will do whatever I can in power my to serve you, Master Rage.

good....now metalmanx......*deep voice*.......rise........

sam_drugbringer
I honestly think it's impossible to tell who would win.

Flash has complete control over a very spesific atribute, while Thanos exsels in everything.

All things ever, no prep, Flash would proboly win, but with prep, or ANY kind of unseen advantage, Thanos takes it.

I'm still declareing it 5/10

Cosmic Cube
Thanos's reflexes were fast enough to snatch his hand away from Surfer traveling at millions of times the speed of light. He can see photons traveling to their targets, and he can view things that are millions of lightyears away.

Flash isn't getting the jump on him, and he's ridiculously outclassed. Thanos 10/10

Cosmic Cube
Flash.

God damnit. Who do you think can beat the Flash?

Flash has officially become "Flash Prime."

superman302
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Thanos's reflexes were fast enough to snatch his hand away from Surfer traveling at millions of times the speed of light. He can see photons traveling to their targets, and he can view things that are millions of lightyears away.

Flash isn't getting the jump on him, and he's ridiculously outclassed. Thanos 10/10

I thought that the surfer just goofed and missed the glove not to mention we are talkin about thanos not thanos with the gauntlet.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by superman302
I thought that the surfer just goofed and missed the glove not to mention we are talkin about thanos not thanos with the gauntlet.

No, Thanos moved his hand.

The glove didn't make Thanos faster. Thanos is always able to see Surfer moving at millions of times lightspeed. He's probably the most powerful Eternal.

Juntai
No, Thanos moved his hand.

The glove didn't make Thanos faster. Thanos is always able to see Surfer moving at millions of times lightspeed. He's probably the most powerful Eternal. But Flash is faster than that, he's faster than death, he's faster than time.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Juntai
But Flash is faster than that, he's faster than death, he's faster than time.

Only at Full Potential. Current Flash is just faster than light.

How fast is death? How fast is time?

Juntai
Only at Full Potential. Current Flash is just faster than light.

How fast is death? How fast is time?
Flash has outran death and time, and through the entropy at the end of the universe, and across the stands of creation as they came into being.... current Flash... not Full potential.

He can trancend time and universes, lightspeed is nothing.

kgkg
Flash has outran death and time, and through the entropy at the end of the universe, and across the stands of creation as they came into being.... current Flash... not Full potential.

SS is much faster than any Flash

Time has no meaning to the SS.

Once he left the Space/Time continuum and was seeing past/present and the future and can choose to be anywhere in no time.

He has bend Space/Time many time

Has done beyond light speed (without time traveling)

Flash had to accelerate to hit Grod

Flash can't go beyond light speed without time travel.

SS isn't restricted by space/time he can and is beyond that. When he can choose to exixt it with no problem. The space the dimensional continuum that makes Eternity can't hold SS.

In other words speed has very little meaning to the Surfer if he chooses to use all on speed.

Cosmic Cube

Flash can travel through time. So can the Silver Surfer. Only difference is that in Marvel, there is no beginning, and there is no end.

Death came for Flash in the form a speedster, using the speed force. Flash was able to outrun it because he apparently had greater control of the speed force. There's no telling how fast either of them were going.

golem370
Which Thanos regular one or Immortal one because basically they both beat him

golem370
Would it be logical since Flash as no prep time that he try what he did to Braniac and get owned?

leonidas
so now flash is faster than ss and is capable of beating thanos?

i almost NEVER resot to this dastardly word, but i see the letters forming in my mind . . .

f . . .a . . .n . . b . . .o . . .y . . . .s . . . . . . . . .

Wynndar
hehe

the Darkone
Thanos 10/10

newjak86
Originally posted by leonidas

i almost NEVER resot to this dastardly word, but i see the letters forming in my mind . . .

f . . .a . . .n . . b . . .o . . .y . . . .s . . . . . . . . . Got to love Flash Prime

sam_drugbringer
Flash IS capeable of traveling at infinite speed. He has even beaten somebody who teleports.

Thanos will still win, but I can't see him hacving that much def agienst his speed stolen and organds destroyed.

Adam Warlock

f...a...n...b...o...y...s?

It's spelled like this:

J...u...n...t...a...i

^^^

The way Jrod backs up the Flash also seems a little over the top as well.

dvampire

Flash. Thanos doesn't have Superspeed at all. confused Flash can take all of Thanos speed (not that he has alot anyways), making him motionless, then hand him a couple of light speed punches.

dvampire

Since when has SS ever shown fighting/reflexive speeds like Flash? confused How is someone a fanboy just because they think Flash could beat Thanos? Are you a Thanos fanboy? smile

Adam Warlock
I forgot one:

D...v...a...m...p...i...r...e

dvampire
I'm just defeanding the character I think whould win that's all. smile

Since when has SS ever shown fighting/reflexive speeds like Flash? How is someone a fanboy just because they think Flash could beat Thanos? Are you a Thanos fanboy?

long pig
I will say Thanos does indeed have something near FTL reflexes, it's been shown a lot. He can indeed handle a blitz by a grounded fighter like Flash. (Possibly not Superman....maybe.)
Flash can't hurt Thanos, infinite mass punch be damned, it won't do anything to Thanos other than piss him off. Flash will more than likely hit his force field when trying.

Flash isn't faster than Surfer. Flash can't attain infinite speed. Flash outrunning death is overrated, it's something akin to Death challenging Mindless Hulk to a lifting contest and Hulk will win, and people would say "Hulk beat death!". It's less of a feat than just a dumb plot device.

Thanos can handle anything Flash dishes out, and then some. He just blows the planet they are on up, and Flash dies.

dvampire
Originally posted by long pig
I will say Thanos does indeed have something near FTL reflexes, it's been shown a lot. He can indeed handle a blitz by a grounded fighter like Flash. (Possibly not Superman....maybe.)
Flash can't hurt Thanos, infinite mass punch be damned, it won't do anything to Thanos other than piss him off. Flash will more than likely hit his force field when trying.

Flash isn't faster than Surfer. Flash can't attain infinite speed. Flash outrunning death is overrated, it's something akin to Death challenging Mindless Hulk to a lifting contest and Hulk will win, and people would say "Hulk beat death!". It's less of a feat than just a dumb plot device.

Thanos can handle anything Flash dishes out, and then some. He just blows the planet they are on up, and Flash dies.

Infinite mass punch whould do alot of damage to Thanos. confused Flash is alot faster than Surfer, show pics of Surfer or Thanos using fighting/reflexive speeds? Show a scans of Thanos blowing up a planet with his own power? Flash outrunning Death is cannon, no matter how overrated it is. And Flash still can steal all of his speed too, making Thanos motionless. smile

sam_drugbringer
dvampire's fanboyism aside, You still haven't said why he can't vibrate through Thanos and make him go "boom"

dvampire
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
dvampire's fanboyism aside, You still haven't said why he can't vibrate through Thanos and make him go "boom"

I'm just defeanding the character I think whould win that's all.

Since when has SS ever shown fighting/reflexive speeds like Flash? How is someone a fanboy just because they think Flash could beat Thanos? Are you a Thanos fanboy? smile Flash vibrating through Thanos is another good option, thanks!

sam_drugbringer
I say flash could win silly.

Juntai
f...a...n...b...o...y...s?

It's spelled like this:

J...u...n...t...a...i

^^^

The way Jrod backs up the Flash also seems a little over the top as well. Speaking of a characters feats and abilities is the same thing that happens in every other thread, but that's all I did/do for Flash, and just because it's diffucult to come up with a feasible way of defeating him makes me a fanboy? That's some shit.

Hell I never said who I thought would win the fight, I just added some imput because someone was trying to say Thanos was faster than Flash which we all know to be false.

dvampire
I say flash could win silly.

Oh my bad. confused big grin

JediMasterLuke5
What can flash do to him? the answer is nothing.

DrDoom101
how come on marvel.com, thanos's speed is a 7 but he can't fly?

Beyonder
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
What can flash do to him? the answer is nothing.

Well, somebody actually gave an answer about why Flash would win:
Originally posted by dvampire
Infinite mass punch whould do alot of damage to Thanos. confused Flash is alot faster than Surfer, show pics of Surfer or Thanos using fighting/reflexive speeds? Show a scans of Thanos blowing up a planet with his own power? Flash outrunning Death is cannon, no matter how overrated it is. And Flash still can steal all of his speed too, making Thanos motionless. smile

sick

DrDoom101
Originally posted by DrDoom101
how come on marvel.com, thanos's speed is a 7 but he can't fly?

Beyonder
Don't use that as a gauge. Lots of misinformation on Marvel.com. Comics prove otherwise. Bios aren't canon. Books are. Bios just give some help infos, but not all is true.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by Beyonder
Well, somebody actually gave an answer about why Flash would win:

sick

Isnt Surfer like 350 x Speed of light? Flash is like maybe 2 to 3 x speed of light that a big difference. The thing is Human hands hitting Thanos would do no damage.

sam_drugbringer
Originally posted by DrDoom101

1. I think he can fly by useing his Power Cosmic.

2. Why does he need to fly to be fast? Flash can't fly.

scotsmn
Thanos has way more at his disposal. I don't think Flash could breath in space with no planets around... I don't even see how Flash could ever hope to reach Thanos up in space.

btw, once Flash comes down from speed for whatever reason he would die in a vacuum. No contest.

Thanos 10/10

long pig
Thanos can teleport instantly, and with his near light speed reactions, he can do it before the blitz. Then it's all about blowing up the planet.

Flash really can't harm Thanos, he can't even ring out Thanos.

Dizzle
I'm just defeanding the character I think whould win that's all.

Since when has SS ever shown fighting/reflexive speeds like Flash? How is someone a fanboy just because they think Flash could beat Thanos? Are you a Thanos fanboy? smile Flash vibrating through Thanos is another good option, thanks!

1. Surfer searched the enitre Earth -ENTIRE EARTH- in the time it takes to speak a sentence. He caught Ganymede's staff. He broke energy shackles within a nanosecond. Saved a girl from a great distance away within a microsecond. Surfer is freaking FAST. Thanos beats the crap out of him.

2. Why is someone a fanboy for saying FLash could beat Thanos? Why is someone a fanboy for saying that Wolverine could beat Namor? Or that Living Tribunal could beat Batman? They're just all terrible mismatches, yet some still argue for the side which is EASILY outclassed.

3. Flash has trouble vibrating through things that are too durable, I do believe. And Thanos is as durable as they come, he regularly takes blasts from cosmic level people. I doubt Flash's vibrating technique would work, Thanos is much too powerful.

leonidas
<<2. Why is someone a fanboy for saying FLash could beat Thanos? Why is someone a fanboy for saying that Wolverine could beat Namor? Or that Living Tribunal could beat Batman? They're just all terrible mismatches, yet some still argue for the side which is EASILY outclassed.>>

yeah, and it's because these feats (vibrating and blowing him up, traveling to the end of time with him, infinity punching him) are not NEARLY consistent enough to make me believe they could actually work against someone of thanos's level. someone who GRABS SS WITH HIS HANDS AND PUMMELS HIM INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS.

i have an idea:

any flash fan that can post of a scan of any one of those 3 attacks (or any of the others flash fans claim will net him a win, like the mythical 'stealing his speed) working against someone of thanos's level (or NEAR thanos's level), and i will apologize to all you flash-ophiles on this here thread.

if you cannot, how about you all admit that those feats are ENORMOUSLY/NEAR-IMPOSSIBLY UNLIKELY to work against thanos.

if you can't show them against someone of thanos's level, show a scan of each attack happening, explain the context in which it happened, and let everyone make an EDUCATED assessment as to whether the attacks really ARE as feasible as some of you say. if they are as feasible as y'all claim, this shouldn't be a problem. i for one have never seen ANY of those aforementioned attacks, and i'd love to have a look.

fair enough?

Dizzle
None of the 3 would actually work, unless he somehow pulled off the vibration thing. The one time he DID make it to the end of time, it took Wally a LONG time. More than enough for Thanos to pull back his fist and whack his head off (hey, if he's pushing him, it's gotta be impossible for him to dodge and continue to push... and that's assuming he could move Thanos without immediately encountering a forcefield).

Now, an IMP barely KOed a White Martian, who is much Thanos's lesser when it comes to durability. The IMP also takes some time to execute. While Zum thought he was just behind Flash, and so did not really look behind him, and was punched just a second after he saw Wally coming, Thanos will either A: Immediately expect an attack and put up a force field or B: Look around to see where he went, and counter as necessary OR C: Teleport somewhere else, just to mess with Flash.

Vibrating through someone is also extremely sketchy, as Thanos takes blasts that would atomize a normal being and just stands back up. (Odin)

sam_drugbringer
I was unaware of Flash haveing trouble vibrateing through anything. If you are sure then fine, but I can't rember it.

There's no reason Flash can't steal Thanoses speed, rendering him much SLOWER then Flash.

Also, Flash has outraced teleporters before (Albit under very strange circumstances).

I'm not saying Flash would win, in fact, this topic has made me revise my answer to 8/10 Thanos, but it IS still possible for Flash to take it.

Draco69
Too add spice to this debate you guys can go to my newly-formed Flash respect thread.

Or this site: http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050629054718

jrodslam
How durable IS Thanos exactly? Can someone answer that?
And Dizzle it didnt take Wally a LONG time to get to the end of time. It took less than 2 minutes with distractions. Thanos isnt that fast to keep up. Or is he?

Also, sam drugbringer. Flash doesnt have trouble vibrating through things at all. And you also mention Flash stealing Thanos's speed. Can anyone explain why that cant happen?

jrodslam
Is Thanos more durable than Anti-Monitor?
Would he not be able to steal Thanos's kinetic energy and render him motionless?

Anyone?

Mr _Whirlysplat
Don't use that as a gauge. Lots of misinformation on Marvel.com. Comics prove otherwise. Bios aren't canon. Books are. Bios just give some help infos, but not all is true.

Agreedsmile

jrodslam
Originally posted by jrodslam
Would he not be able to steal Thanos's kinetic energy and render him motionless?

Anyone?

whistle

Mr _Whirlysplat
whistle

laughing out loud Thats why Wally is God

jrodslam
^ Im not saying all that. I just want answers to those questions.

Cosmic Cube

Heaven knows.

Has he ever actually done that to anyone? erm

Or is this just a theoretical power, like his theoretical ability to vibrate through people and make them explode?

Mr _Whirlysplat

Or is this just a theoretical power, like his theoretical ability to vibrate through people and make them explode?
check out the respect link in Dracos post - yes he has smile

sam_drugbringer
He vibrates through normal objects, why would a person be any diffrent?

Flash steals speed all the time. He's stolen the speed of all sorts of speedsters and of entire citys.

Cosmic Cube
He vibrates through normal objects, why would a person be any diffrent?

Flash steals speed all the time. He's stolen the speed of all sorts of speedsters and of entire citys.

Dunno. Same reason why Gambit can charge cards but not people, and Firestorm can't transmute people. Writers always put those kind of stipulations on superpowers like that.

Besides, if he's never shown that he can do it, there's no reason to assume that he can.

Even if he could, Thanos is an Eternal. He would just reform his body and break Wally's neck.

So, Flash has stolen someone's speed, leaving them motionless?

He stole speed from an entire city!? eek!

Can I get an issue #?

Mr _Whirlysplat
Dunno. Same reason why Gambit can charge cards but not people, and Firestorm can't transmute people. Writers always put those kind of stipulations on superpowers like that.

Besides, if he's never shown that he can do it, there's no reason to assume that he can.

Even if he could, Thanos is an Eternal. He would just reform his body and break Wally's neck.

Can I get an issue #?

might say in the respect thread - I'll check it if I find it for you

jrodslam

Yes. To Anti-Monitor as well as a villain named Girder among other things. He also was tempted to do it to Superman, but didbnt because of the destruction it would cause.

sam_drugbringer
Of course.

So since we've never acualy seen LT fight Wolverine, I guess we can't assume LT would win.

Check the Flash respect thread for stealing speed from a city.

Hell, in countdown to IC, he stole chethas speed, and that was only two or three months ago.

leonidas
so whirly, do YOU think flash wins?

Mr _Whirlysplat
so whirly, do YOU think flash wins?

At full potential he could stop creation itself smile hmmmm full potential Flash v Phoenix force (using someone definition of PF). Every iota of energy in the universe shunted into the speedforce smile

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
At full potential he could stop creation itself smile hmmmm full potential Flash v Phoenix force (using someone definition of PF). Every iota of energy in the universe shunted into the speedforce smile

GOD DAMNIT!

jrodslam

Can I get an issue #?

Well I cant provide the issue #'s but heres Flash Vibrating through Anti-Monitors armor and destroying it.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1416/flashv2150169qh9rf.th.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/742/flashv2150174sw5hx.th.jpg

Here he is stealing speed from the planet.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8111/jla075455rb5bk.th.jpg

Stealing speed from the city
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/331/flash138p134st7ye.th.jpg

Stealing speed from Girder ans stopping him cold, leaving him motionless.
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3897/flashv2180part1ironheights378d.th.jpg

Cosmic Cube
Of course.

So since we've never acualy seen LT fight Wolverine, I guess we can't assume LT would win.

Check the Flash respect thread for stealing speed from a city.

Hell, in countdown to IC, he stole chethas speed, and that was only two or three months ago.

Not so. Flash has had plenty of opportunities to vibrate through people and cause them to explode. Wolverine hasn't had quite as many bouts with the Living Tribunal.

I'm not saying that Flash can't vibrate through people and make them explode. I'm saying that until he does, it shouldn't be used in an argument.

sam_drugbringer
Flash dosen't want to kill most people...

Cosmic Cube
Well I cant provide the issue #'s but heres Flash Vibrating through Anti-Monitors armor and destroying it.

Impressive. Good job jrodslam.

Flash made the Antimontior's armor explode? Damn...

Cosmic Cube
Flash dosen't want to kill most people...

I know. I'm not saying that he can't do it. I'm just saying that it's not fair to say he will do it in a fight because he never has.

Cosmic Cube
That last scan shows that his kinetic energy stealing ability isn't permanent...

leonidas
hmm, the respect thread was interesting. thanks draco. i said i didn't know enough about flash, and that shed some light on it.

the only way i see flash having a chance is by stealing thanos's speed. the problem with that is i don't understand what it entails. does that literally freeze someone in time? do all brain functions freeze? does it steal the kinetic energy of the quarks and subatomic particles that make us up? if not, thanos or any telepath would still be able to beat him. i guess what i'm asking is do all brain functions stop?

and don't forget, this is regular flash. his punch won't do much to thanos who has taken far greater hits. i can't see him exploding thanos with his molecular control and all around imperviousness (massive shots from odin ring a bell . . .)

stealing speed may in fact work, but i need to know more about it.

oh, and about that superman race -- clearly the heat vision scene was ludicrous -- that or the heat vision was traveling quite slowly. were they actually both moving at near c, they would have circled the earth many times over in just the span of time they spent talking, yet they hadn't even reached their destination! i also didn't see flash pulling away from supes. because he didn't want to, or couldn't? and if they WERE traveling that fast, does that finally confirm how fast supes REALLY is??

if he wasn't moving at c on the land, thanos would easily be able to hit him.

i'm still not convinced but i'll admit if the stealing speed thing is COMPLETE, i may work. of course, that raises the silly issue of why not just use it all the time? answer? the books would be boring which i always find to be a silly answer in itself and seems to make every issue he DOESN'T DO IT out to be pis. or perhaps stealing speed is pis . . .?

jrodslam
Impressive. Good job jrodslam.

Flash made the Antimontior explode? Damn... hmmm...

Like i said before. Im sure we all know that Thanos is durable as hell. But i just wanna know is he more durable than Anti-Moniter? He did ko someone with Superman like durability. Thats all i was trying to say.

I dont know who would win the fight though. Flash could possibly vibrate through all of Thanos's attacks. Who knows.

hoorayforpeepee
to be fair, anti-monitor was just standing there, and flash had to vibrate through him what looks like a couple hundred times to do it.

no disrespect to flash, but thanos ain't gonna stand there and take it, being at least of comparable speed to flash. and as CC mentioned, he could just reform his body. plus there's the whole teleportation/forcefields thing.

but still, thanos 8/10

Cosmic Cube
Like i said before. Im sure we all know that Thanos is durable as hell. But i just wanna know is he more durable than Anti-Moniter? He did ko someone with Superman like durability. Thats all i was trying to say.

I dont know who would win the fight though. Flash could possibly vibrate through all of Thanos's attacks. Who knows.

KO someone with Superman like durability? Pfft... This is Thanos.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
to be fair, anti-monitor was just standing there, and flash had to vibrate through him what looks like a couple hundred times to do it.

no disrespect to flash, but thanos ain't gonna stand there and take it, being at least of comparable speed to flash. and as CC mentioned, he could just reform his body. plus there's the whole teleportation/forcefields thing.

but still, thanos 8/10

He blew up the Antimonitor's armor. Not his 'body.' Antimonitor's armor is just metal. He blows that up all the time.

Cosmic Cube
hmm, the respect thread was interesting. thanks draco. i said i didn't know enough about flash, and that shed some light on it.

the only way i see flash having a chance is by stealing thanos's speed. the problem with that is i don't understand what it entails. does that literally freeze someone in time? do all brain functions freeze? does it steal the kinetic energy of the quarks and subatomic particles that make us up? if not, thanos or any telepath would still be able to beat him. i guess what i'm asking is do all brain functions stop?

and don't forget, this is regular flash. his punch won't do much to thanos who has taken far greater hits. i can't see him exploding thanos with his molecular control and all around imperviousness (massive shots from odin ring a bell . . .)

stealing speed may in fact work, but i need to know more about it.

oh, and about that superman race -- clearly the heat vision scene was ludicrous -- that or the heat vision was traveling quite slowly. were they actually both moving at near c, they would have circled the earth many times over in just the span of time they spent talking, yet they hadn't even reached their destination! i also didn't see flash pulling away from supes. because he didn't want to, or couldn't? and if they WERE traveling that fast, does that finally confirm how fast supes REALLY is??

if he wasn't moving at c on the land, thanos would easily be able to hit him.

i'm still not convinced but i'll admit if the stealing speed thing is COMPLETE, i may work. of course, that raises the silly issue of why not just use it all the time? answer? the books would be boring which i always find to be a silly answer in itself and seems to make every issue he DOESN'T DO IT out to be pis. or perhaps stealing speed is pis . . .?

The speed stealing thing stops them from moving for a while. They can still think, and apparently, talk.

jrodslam
That last scan shows that his kinetic energy stealing ability isn't permanent...

It leaves the person frozen for about half a minute. Maybe longer. Thats more than enough time to do a vibrational punch or a few a IMP's.

leonidas
hmm, than thanos's burgeoning telepathic powers would still be enough to get him a win. even though the limits of them are not known. if his brain works, he could also teleport, no? i don't see why he would have to be able to move to teleport (playing devil's advocate, btw -- i'm still not convinced thanos can teleport without tech (why ELSE would be have been stranded in space by thor and runner??))

at any rate, any telepath would be unaffected by the power if you're right, cc . . .

Cosmic Cube
It leaves the person frozen for about half a minute. Maybe longer. Thats more than enough time to do a vibrational punch or a few a IMP's.

I think it depends on how much energy they initially had. Wally mentions that in the scan.

Do you have any scans of Wally doing IMP's?

Beyonder

Is that Pre-Crisis Flash or not? Seems too new to be the old Crisis On Infinite Earth.

Cosmic Cube
Is that Pre-Crisis Flash or not? Seems too new to be the old Crisis On Infinite Earth.

It has to be post crisis. His name is Wally.

Cosmic Cube
hmm, than thanos's burgeoning telepathic powers would still be enough to get him a win. even though the limits of them are not known. if his brain works, he could also teleport, no? i don't see why he would have to be able to move to teleport (playing devil's advocate, btw -- i'm still not convinced thanos can teleport without tech (why ELSE would be have been stranded in space by thor and runner??))

at any rate, any telepath would be unaffected by the power if you're right, cc . . .

Thanos teleports without tech, just not as far as he can with tech.

leonidas
<<Thanos teleports without tech, just not as far as he can with tech.>>

proof? i've asked before and never received any.

that's beside the point. speed stealing seems his only option, and it would seem that wouldn't work against him as thanos is left with the most dangerous of all his abilities -- his mind . . .

i stand firm -- thanos wins.

Cosmic Cube

that's beside the point. speed stealing seems his only option, and it would seem that wouldn't work against him as thanos is left with the most dangerous of all his abilities -- his mind . . .

I can't recall any instances of him doing it... It's just on the marvel.com website, which can be a bit misleading... I've asked for proof tons of times and had just as much luck.

Is there a Thanos respect thread?

snoopdogg
Its pretty sad you have to get a higher tier cosmic to have a debate over Flash with.

Thanos wins most encounters.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Its pretty sad you have to get a higher tier cosmic to have a debate over Flash with.

Thanos wins most encounters.

I'm confused. Are you talking to Sentry, the Flash supporters, or are you just making a statement?

snoopdogg
Making a statement.

Thats all.

kgkg

Speed stealing? laughing

kinetic energy ha that's why SS did it.

Cosmic Cube
Making a statement.

Thats all.

Oh.

snoopdogg
Flash vs. Norrin Radd............................................

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
Speed stealing? laughing

kinetic energy ha that's why SS did it.

Surfer can manipulate kinetic energy too? confused

Cosmic Cube
Flash vs. Norrin Radd............................................

laughing out loud

That just made me think of something.

It's so funny... Flash is uber inconsistant, and everyone ignores his poor showings, considering them to be PIS, and only show regard to his god-like feats.

Surfer is inconsistant, and he never gets the benefit of the PIS argument. Come to think of it, Flash is the only character who is given the benefit of PIS. If Flash ever loses a fight, its because of PIS.

kgkg

and here leo Thanos teleporting champ the second time.

Thanos makes him look like shit

kgkg
with his fingers he teleport Chap

and that's not all he can Trap someone just by lifting his hand smile

Beyonder

Flash couldn't even beat up a Imperiex Probe, even ended up in the hospital. Superman held off Asmodel, Flash would own Asmodel if he truly was as powerful as this pic shows. Heck, he's been owned by Deathstroke. Lesser villains have given him hell.

Cosmic Cube
with his fingers he teleport Chap

and that's not all he can Trap someone just by lifting his hand smile

That hole in the wall was there because Champion broke through it, right?

Cosmic Cube
Flash couldn't even beat up a Imperiex Probe, even ended up in the hospital. Superman held off Asmodel, Flash would own Asmodel if he truly was as powerful as this pic shows. Heck, he's been owned by Deathstroke. Lesser villains have given him hell.

Don't you understand, Beyonder? It's all PIS. Flash can't "lose." If he does, it's PIS.

Beyonder
That hole in the wall was there because Champion broke through it, right?

Actually no, Flash IMP that wall down looking for a fight with Thanos.

...Thanos owned the hell out of that punk just before Champion arrived.

Beyonder
Don't you understand, Beyonder? It's all PIS. Flash can't "lose." If he does, it's PIS.

Ah, bet you Wolverine would kill Flash with just bone claws. And his aura would cancel out the PIS argument some how.

Wolverine wins. Bone claws rulez. evil face

Juntai
Ah, bet you Wolverine would kill Flash with just bone claws. And his aura would cancel out the PIS argument some how.

Wolverine wins. Bone claws rulez. evil face Well, within 300 feet of Wolverine, he would forget he even had powers, so he'd close into melee, and no one could beat Wolverine in melee range.

Cosmic Cube
Well, within 300 feet of Wolverine, he would forget he even had powers, so he'd close into melee, and no one could beat Wolverine in melee range.
laughing out loud

Spiderman has an even better PIS aura than Wolvie. The things they have Spidey doing nowadays are ridiculous.

Fanboyism is the greatest power of all.

Beyonder
Well, within 300 feet of Wolverine, he would forget he even had powers, so he'd close into melee, and no one could beat Wolverine in melee range.

Maybe just Superman, maybe just...Superman.

Heat Vision PWNZ.

Superman full jobber aura Vs. Wolverine full jobber aura w/ bone claws.

kgkg
Surfer can manipulate kinetic energy too? confused
any energy smile

here is SS outside time , If SS wants time and speed means nothing to him.

heck now that's Flash Prime Speed smile

Dizzle
Has Flash ever failed to steal speed? Someone told me he tried it on one chick, but failed becuase the power that granted her speed was way too huge. She wasn't uberly fast because she couldn't tap into all of it at once, but he still couldn't make her stop.

Anyhoo, Flash really has no way to put Thanos down... 'sploding him wouldn't kill him, even if it did work.

Surfer eats Flash for breakfast. Because he's debatably even faster than Wally.

jrodslam
Ok. This thread is now officially ruined.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Dizzle
Has Flash ever failed to steal speed? Someone told me he tried it on one chick, but failed becuase the power that granted her speed was way too huge. She wasn't uberly fast because she couldn't tap into all of it at once, but he still couldn't make her stop.

Anyhoo, Flash really has no way to put Thanos down... 'sploding him wouldn't kill him, even if it did work.

Surfer eats Flash for breakfast. Because he's debatably even faster than Wally.

See, against Thanos, heroes nowadays only need to have high showings of some incredible ability to win...even though that ability has nothing to do with harming Thanos.

Flash: IMP, runs really fast, speed steal. IMP = skyfather level attack?
Superman: heat vision, speed blitzing, strength, moves really fast. Superman punches = Skyfather level

Cosmic Cube
any energy smile

here is SS outside time , If SS wants time and speed means nothing to him.

heck now that's Flash Prime Speed smile

Wow. Never knew he could do that. Somethimes I think Surfer is a tad overpowered... erm

But he still gets owned by Thanos. Which leads me to believe that Flash gets owned even worse.

kgkg
Wow. Never knew he could do that. Somethimes I think Surfer is a tad overpowered... erm

But he still gets owned by Thanos. Which leads me to believe that Flash gets owned even worse.
He even owned thanos once but I won't get into that. lol

Heck he defeated Enslaver.

Who punked : every earth hero like insects: Hulk , Thor etc at the same time.

SS beat him.

For some reason Thanos is SS killer

Cosmic Cube
Wow... erm

The handbooks say that Surfer has limitless control over all forms of energy, but I never took that seriously...

You just showed me something I had no idea of, kgkg.

Cosmic Cube
He even owned thanos once but I won't get into that. lol

Heck he defeated Enslaver.

Who punked : every earth hero like insects: Hulk , Thor etc at the same time.

SS beat him.

For some reason Thanos is SS killer

For some reason, Thanos is an everybody killer.

Adam Warlock
Wow... erm

The handbooks say that Surfer has limitless control over all forms of energy, but I never took that seriously...

You just showed me something I had no idea of, kgkg.

Add that to the fact SS was flying around with that girl and she wasn't affected not one bit kinda like how Flash has that aura where he doesn't disturb or destroy objects when he's running around really fast.

kgkg
For some reason, Thanos is an everybody killer.
ya that's why I have hard time believing anyone under Sky father can beat him.

People are saying Speed this and that.

Most of the cosmic he beats are beyond light speed.

Cosmic Cube
ya that's why I have hard time believing anyone under Sky father can beat him.

People are saying Speed this and that.

Most of the cosmic he beats are beyond light speed.

True...

Man, but Surfer can be ridiculously powerful...

Some people would rather not believe it, but Surfer is consistantly shown to be an ass kicker. At his absolute best, Surfer is ridiculously powerful.

Imagine what the Keeper can do...

kgkg
here is the famous exploding technique ha SS can do it to

kgkg
So now we can use SS explodes his opponents using speed as an argument smile

Dizzle
Actually, it says there that it's a power cosmic blast... He just flies through towers and such cuz he's made of a superstrong metallic substance, and is moving near light speed. The blast in itself was triggered by him. (DON'T MAKE SURFER's POWERS RETARDED)

kgkg
Originally posted by Dizzle
Actually, it says there that it's a power cosmic blast... He just flies through towers and such cuz he's made of a superstrong metallic substance, and is moving near light speed. The blast in itself was triggered by him. (DON'T MAKE SURFER's POWERS RETARDED)
blast where?

Cosmic Cube
blast where?

I think Dizzle means that Surfer is like a cosmic energy bomb.

But I get what you're saying. Everyone assumes that whatever Flash vibrates through will explode, no matter how durable it is. It's not necessarily true.

kgkg
I think Dizzle means that Surfer is like a cosmic energy bomb.

But I get what you're saying. Everyone assumes that whatever Flash vibrates through will explode, no matter how durable it is. It's not necessarily true.
And what is exploding going really fast and that's all.

Basically any one fast can do the same thing.

dvampire

Here he is stealing speed from the planet.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8111/jla075455rb5bk.th.jpg

Stealing speed from the city
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/331/flash138p134st7ye.th.jpg

Stealing speed from Girder ans stopping him cold, leaving him motionless.
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3897/flashv2180part1ironheights378d.th.jpg

Impressive feats, that why I stand by what I say that Flash whould win.

Here's Allen stealing speed from Black Adam too.smile

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6177/blackadamspeed12jb5wv.gif

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/489/blackadamspeed21th8ja.gif

kgkg
Add that to the fact SS was flying around with that girl and she wasn't affected not one bit kinda like how Flash has that aura where he doesn't disturb or destroy objects when he's running around really fast.
ya smile

Juntai
Impressive feats, that why I stand by what I say that Flash whould win.

Here's Allen stealing speed from Black Adam too.smile

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6177/blackadamspeed12jb5wv.gif

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/489/blackadamspeed21th8ja.gif That's Jay Garrick, not Barry.

golem370
Did I not here one day about somebody triping Runner I thought Thanos did that?

dvampire
That's Jay Garrick, not Barry.

My bad. embarrasment

dvampire
Originally posted by golem370
Did I not here one day about somebody triping Runner I thought Thanos did that?

He won't be triping the Flash. smile

leonheartmm
i cant believe this has made 7 pages already, flash LOSES, deal with it people. the thing we ALL need to realize is that once ur out of the HUMAN or normal superhuman league only RAW power and control matter, if everything people here said was true than there would be no reason why surfer would ever lose to thanos, or gladiater or any1 at or above lightspeed, fact is it doesnt MATTER,how fast they are, thanos has too much POWER for any speedster to handle{lets not forget that surfer moves at many MANY times the speed of light , he has crossed entire galaxies in seconds, but hes still below thanos.

Adam Warlock
Seriously, Thanos wins. Sigh...

scotsmn
Agreed. Thanos.

dvampire
Still think Flash wins. smile big grin laughing out loud

dvampire
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i cant believe this has made 7 pages already, flash LOSES, deal with it people. the thing we ALL need to realize is that once ur out of the HUMAN or normal superhuman league only RAW power and control matter, if everything people here said was true than there would be no reason why surfer would ever lose to thanos, or gladiater or any1 at or above lightspeed, fact is it doesnt MATTER,how fast they are, thanos has too much POWER for any speedster to handle{lets not forget that surfer moves at many MANY times the speed of light , he has crossed entire galaxies in seconds, but hes still below thanos.

Surfer is is fast in flight speed, Flash uses his speed in all types of ways, Thanos is way to slow, he'll lose. Flash wins. smile

dvampire
Seriously, Thanos wins. Sigh...

I was serious from the beginning that Flash wins. smile

Cosmic Cube
Still think Flash wins. smile big grin laughing out loud

Of course. He doesn't though.

Thanos has been up against so much more than the Flash has to offer, and triumphed. Flash really doesn't have a way to win this fight.

Anything Flash can do, Thanos can counter.

sam_drugbringer
Thanos is listed as class 7 speed, Beyond Light Speed.

Flash has very limited advantages, and Hundreds of disadvantages.

Cosmic Cube
Surfer is is fast in flight speed, Flash uses his speed in all types of ways, Thanos is way to slow, he'll lose. Flash wins. smile

Surfer is fast in reflexive speed too. You can't fly at million times light speed with human reflexes.

Thanos was fast enough to move his hand when Surfer tried to snatch the Infinity Gauntlet from him, and Surfer was traveling hundreds of millions of times faster than light.

Adam Warlock
Silver Surfer is what a Full Potential Flash should be, and much, much more.

Thanos > Silver Surfer > Flash

dvampire
Surfer is fast in reflexive speed too. You can't fly at million times light speed with human reflexes.

Thanos was fast enough to move his hand when Surfer tried to snatch the Infinity Gauntlet from him, and Surfer was traveling hundreds of millions of times faster than light.

Prove that Surfer has fighting/reflexive speeds? Flash has both, and is way faster than Thanos, once Flash takes his speed, Thanos will be nothing but a punching bag. smile

dvampire
Silver Surfer is what a Full Potential Flash should be, and much, much more.

Thanos > Silver Surfer > Flash

Flash is what Surfer wants to be doing with his speed, but he can't. smile

Flash>Thanos

leonidas
kg, what exactly is that scan of thanos supposed to show? and the trap thing? i don't get where or how he's teleporting there -- and either way he isn't teleporting himself, nor can we tell from those whether he is using tech or not.

and you're stretching it with ss controlling kinetic energy, nor does he control time as it seems you would suggest.

oh, and thanos still wins.

kgkg
kg, what exactly is that scan of thanos supposed to show? and the trap thing? i don't get where or how he's teleporting there -- and either way he isn't teleporting himself, nor can we tell from those whether he is using tech or not.

and you're stretching it with ss controlling kinetic energy, nor does he control time as it seems you would suggest.

oh, and thanos still wins.
It suppose to show that thanos can teleport other people by shooting cosmic energy from his hand. Trap thing is what he tried against odin. He is not teleporting -------- that scans shows that teleporting isn't much problem for him. Since he teleport Champ with ease like that. No tech did you see any tech getting involved? He is cosmic powers from tip of his fingers.

Controlling SS can absorb kinetic energy. Flash steal k Energy it's not a problem for anyone who can do so, He does control time/pace to a great extent.

And him being able to exist at all time simultaneously is a major feat.

Think what that could mean battle wise.

whobdamandog
Thanos definately takes this. The Runner is essentially flash with near invulnerability..superstrength, and immortality...and Thanos took him down. Wally goes down much quicker than Runner.

Juntai
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Thanos definately takes this. The Runner is essentially flash with near invulnerability..superstrength, and immortality...and Thanos took him down. Wally goes down much quicker than Runner. Runner doesn't have the feats to back this claim up.

dvampire
Flash wins. big grin smile

jrodslam
Runner? Wasnt "Burried Alien" faster than him?

leonidas
you know that was makkari, right, jr? and he effectively entered marvel's version of the speedforce to beat runner in that race.

leonheartmm
flash doesnt have a chance in HELL

dvampire
Originally posted by leonheartmm
flash doesnt have a chance in HELL

He doesn't if he just stand in one spot, but he won't be doing that, so he wins. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>