New Avengers Sucks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Anyone REALLLLLY misses the "old" Avengers? Swear to god, If I hear Spider-Man make another annoying quip....

8bitChris
Not really.

Then again, I didn't really read old Avengers.

The Ion
Last issue was lame with a lamer cliffhanger. The Avengers Vs.....The Silver Samurai!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Main problem with the book is that it moves too slow. Is there any point in dragging out Ronin's identity for 3 issues? Did the Sentry arc need to be expanded to 4 issues? Answer is no to both of them.

DarkCrawler
Cap would be match to Silver Samurai himself.

Isn't adding in Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage and IRON MAN a bit of a overkill?!

Next thing: Bullseye Versus Sentry and other New Avengers?

Smaxxer
The "old" Avengers had also lots of rubbish storylines AND artwork ... I think this team is more interesting because they are not too overpowered (with the exception of the overhyped Sentry).

DarkCrawler
The point of Avengers really is that they need to be powerful.

Not this street-level rubbish they are today.

Old Avengers...being a match for cosmic guys like Thanos.

New Avengers: the only comic where you can see Iron Man beaten by a ninja.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30613261526.gif&s=x11

Draco69
Ugh! The last issue just made me want to puke. For god's sake a NINJA was giving Iron Man trouble. A NINJA. Jubilee spanks Hand Ninjas for breakfast.

But seriously, as Ion said, the friggin Silver Samurai?! That's the next big opponent for the New Avengers? First Sauron, now this?

The Ion
Avengers were hardly ever overpowered. The closest they came was when the lineup was Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, The Vision, Scarlet Witch, Warbird, Justice, and Firestar but the stories were still good with that lineup. Even still, Earth's Mightiest Heroes. They should be the first and last line of defense.

DarkCrawler
After Defenders...

stick out tongue

ScarletSpider
I like Silver Samurai a lot, he just doesn't work as a solo Avengers threat. Maybe if he used his new Kingpin-esque role to assemble and lead a new Lethal Legion or something, that would be cool.

They should be Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but that doesn't mean the strongest and biggest and best of all the heroes, that makes it boring, and that's the JLA. Cap, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye were the new team after the originals left, quite underpowered, but they became more than the sum of their parts, that's what the Avengers needs to be. Teamwork and skill, not some loners and whiners together who can't get anything done. Sometimes even the Avengers have to fight ninjas, but that shouldn't be a tough fight, it should be a "this horde of ninjas is protecting the Mandarin whose teamed up with the newly empowered Baron Zemo, lets dispatch the ninjas and beat those guys up!" Not "NINJAS! THEY'RE ATTACKING US IN OUR OWN HOME! THIS IS OUR HOME! HOME! OUR HOME! YOUR HOME! MY HOME! HOME! HOME! HOME! NINJAS IN OUR HOME!"

Draco69
I'm still recovering from the Avengers being completely curbstomped by the Thunderbolts...

Adam Warlock
Every Avenger got put down. That was sad. Except Sentry of course. Genis noticed Sentry starting to get serious and teleported him away.

ScarletSpider
Why should you have to recover from that? The T-Bolts are great, they work like a team, can create and execute in-depth plans, etc.

Draco69
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Why should you have to recover from that? The T-Bolts are great, they work like a team, can create and execute in-depth plans, etc.

They ARE a great team. It's just...sad. Ya know? The Avengers are supposed to be the grade A team for Marvel.

If Thor came back...

The Ion
The Tbolts did have massive one sided prep. It wasn't exactly fair but it was embarrassing for the Avengers. Teleporting Cap so he couldn't lead his team was brilliant.

Draco69
What team? Luke Cage would have given Cap the finger. We all know where Spider-Woman's loyalties lie. And Spider-Man, under Bendis, has become Marvel's Spongebob Squarepants.

8bitChris
Originally posted by Draco69
I'm still recovering from the Avengers being completely curbstomped by the Thunderbolts...

To be fair, as Ion said, the T-Bolts had massive one-sided prep and government backing.

And it was a 5 on 4 gangbang.

If Wolverine was present i'd imagine that a few T-bolts wouldn't be walking away from that battle.

However, if Mach IV and Blizzard were present I think it would have been even more of a curb stomp.

What I got out of that fight...

Sentry = Genis (Unless Sentry stops holding back or something)
Iron Man > Radioactive Man
Spider-Woman >>>> Joystick
Captain America > Songbird (For the mere fact that with all that power she has she couldn't take him out)
Atlas > Luke Cage (Even though Atlas admits Luke whooped on him before)
Speed Demon is much faster and he still can't put Spidey down.

However, as a team the T-Bolts put the Avengers down. I wont say it was fair and square, but they got the job done.

DigiMark007
I want to say I like them (I really don't mind Sentry) but Spidey's getting a bit overexposed being in the group (not that he wasn't already, but coming from a SM fanboy you know it's starting to get bad), and the rest of them don't really do it for me.

Of course, I never really liked the Old Avengers either, but somehow they seemed to mesh better and seemed more "team-ish."

Hell, now that I think about it...none of my favorite teams are Marvel. Hmph. Sentry's cool though. Overpowered crazy bastards like him and Genis are cool in my book.

-DM

life is cruell
Originally posted by Draco69
What team? Luke Cage would have given Cap the finger. We all know where Spider-Woman's loyalties lie. And Spider-Man, under Bendis, has become Marvel's Spongebob Squarepants.

laughing

Lucid Lui
I actually like the team. And the comic itself. It's a good read.

Obviously they'll need some heavier hitters eventually. But isn't a line up change supossed to happen soon anyway?

And this latest arc is looking to be my fav so far. Why? I'm a big fan of Silver Samurai, therefore it's more enjoyable. I do think it'll be stupid if SS kicks all their asses though. Maybe just a couple of them big grin

As for the T-Bolts fight. The Avengers were punked pretty badly. Which isn't a good sign for earths supposed mightiest heroes. I'm pretty sure they'll be a rematch sooner or later, and the Avengers will take that.

Adam Warlock
I got this off from another forum. Someone said Bendis was supposedly planning to fill in gaps within the New Avengers. A couple of veterans along with two new additions to make the roster an even 12 member roster.

Possible future Avengers:

Wonder Man, Warbird, Nova Richard Rider, Jennifer Kale

Adam Warlock
Wonder Man returns with Warbird since those two seem romantically linked now, Spidey talks Richard into joining the team, and Strange drafts Ms. Kale onto the team since their team lacks magical prowess.

I don't know. Sounds like rumours, but it's fun to discuss.

The Ion
Spidey is leaving the team sometime soon. I remember Marvel saying The Other takes place while Spider-Man is STILL on the Avengers.

K3VIL
Actually, Earth Mightiest Heroes are the New Thunderbolts.
-Photon (Genis Vell):
He is herald level, he has a cool costume, he's little mad, partially bastard, cold blooded and fun to listen.
-Radioactive Man:
a guy that can give troubles to Thor on his own, and for the note, a living nuclear reactor.
-Songbird:
with her sonic powers amplified from his suit she can manipulate sound for various offensive and defensive purposes plus flight.
-Speed Demon:
After his upgrade, his reflexes and ground speed are really amazing now and this make him the perfect scout and also useful during fights cause he can distract opponents and successfully hit them unless they are on his speed level.
-Swordsman:
His sword has various abilities plus he got that suit which protect him and mixed with fighting skills in armed and unharmed combat he's good addiction, he makes the team more "human" and less hella powerful.
He's what Cap is to the Avengers in terms of showing a peak human guy can still show his own.
-Mach IV
Leader of the team, greatly experienced as criminal before and has a hero know, his knowledge of technologies, battle tactics and experience as aerial combatant makes him a match even for a guy as Iron Man.
-Blizzard
He got less raw power than his teammates, but having someone that can hold the opponents and frozen them is not a bad thing, plus against those who use cybernetics and robots, ice is something that works very well.Maybe Blizzard needs more self confidence, and a less lame outfit.
-Atlas
Once a criminal and now a hero, the good giant was a former Thunderbolt, and his powers makes him perfect when it's time to beat the crap outta someone up close and personal, especially considering he can become bigger than in the past.Plus he's the soul of the group.

The Ion
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
I got this off from another forum. Someone said Bendis was supposedly planning to fill in gaps within the New Avengers. A couple of veterans along with two new additions to make the roster an even 12 member roster.

Possible future Avengers:

Wonder Man, Warbird, Nova Richard Rider, Jennifer Kale
I'm so surprised Beta Ray Bill didn't join as a replacement for Thor. Considering he's now stationed on Earth more or less, he'd be ripe for the picking.

I just want to see Bill in more titles. sad

ScarletSpider
Bill's mini was awesome.

Also, with Fixer back in the T-Bolts fold, things are going to get even better than before. And a new Squadron Sinister!

yahman
Any excuse to post the dream team:

Black Bolt
Iron Man
Abomination
Polaris
Iceman
Storm
Task Master
Cable
Captain America

Possible Recruitment's (IMO would work)

Wonderman (But he could do with an unofficial strength and durability amp, i.e. like Atlas)
Storm (She's doing little to nothing with the X-men)
Cable (If he still has psychic powers ?)
Vision (Potential bad ass, if used properly)

New Team:

Sentry
Wonder man
Iron Man
Storm
Wolverine
Spiderman
Vision
Captain America
Spider girl

The Ion
Originally posted by yahman
Any excuse to post the dream team:

Black Bolt
Iron Man
Abomination
Polaris
Iceman
Storm
Task Master
Cable
Captain America

Possible Recruitment's (IMO would work)

Wonderman (But he could do with an unofficial strength and durability amp, i.e. like Atlas)
Storm (She's doing little to nothing with the X-men)
Cable (If he still has psychic powers ?)
Vision (Potential bad ass, if used properly)

New Team:

Sentry
Wonder man
Iron Man
Storm
Wolverine
Spiderman
Vision
Captain America
Spider girl
Congrats. Your team can definitely defeat a group of ninjas. Happy Dance

yahman
Originally posted by The Ion
Congrats. Your team can definitely defeat a group of ninjas. Happy Dance

Apparently the Happy Dance is only meant to be used by Newbs ? confused

How long have i been away for ? confused

yahman
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Bill's mini was awesome.

It was a bit unrealistic / inconsistent!

The Ion
Unrealistic?

yahman
Unrealistic?

The plannet destroying stuff / them beating someone who can destroy the universe, resisting the pull of a black hole, creating a black hole. The list goes on !!!!!!!!

The Ion
Planet destroying is nothing beyond Stormbreaker/Mjolnir and neither is resisting a black hole. Superman once held open a black hole with his bare hands. whistle

yahman
Planet destroying is nothing beyond Stormbreaker/Mjolnir and neither is resisting a black hole. Superman once held open a black hole with his bare hands. whistle

Does that seem realistic to you ? smile

The Ion
It seems like a comic book.

yahman
It seems like a comic book.

I can see this is going places !!!!!!!! ...... yawn

Arahan
owned

The Ion
So how bout those New Avengers?

Draco69
NINJAS!!!

yahman
Originally posted by Arahan
owned

At whom is this directed ?

Quick Freeze
i just picked up the Marvel Must-Have of issues 1-3 of the new avengers, i have to say i can see where you guys would say its slow because those 3 issues seemed like 1 to me.

however, i did really enjoy it. the scene where Nefaria throws Spider-Man into the bad guys. . . i love spider-man, my first comic i regularly read. . . i dunno, seeing all them beat the HELL out him, then all the other stuff going on at the same time.

i think it was a really strong intro. . . really exciting, lots of potential with the escape of all those baddies, then again it took 3 issues. . .

im just gonna wait til 4-6 comes out. . .

SnakeEyes
You do realize that they have like 12 or 13 issues out already... so you don't really need to wait for issues 4-6 to come out. Plus, the first graphic novel containing the first story arc is out as well.

I, for one, also enjoy the series. Its not the best thing out there, but it is pretty good in my opinion.

Quick Freeze
the graphic novel is out already???

SnakeEyes
Yup. It's called: New Avengers: Breakout.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.