Wal-Mart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
My poor "Business Management" class has been perverted by the debate over Wal-Mart.

Are you pro or con?

Da preacher
Never bought anything in a Walmart.
So i don't know shit about it.

jaden101
walmart are complaining about my companies(tesco) buisness practices because we are whooping their asses in a big way in the UK market

some nerve complaining about anyone else

Capt_Fantastic
I despise Wal-Mart. I hope the anti-trust rumors are true. I can't see the current administration doing anything about it, but maybe the next president will stand up for the little guy. Actually, when you think about it, the Bush administration is just like Wal-Mart.

Alpha Centauri
From what I understand, Wal-Mart are extremely shady and hypocritical. But then they're a marketing giant, who isn't?

-AC

soleran30
I am con walmart for what it does to small community economies and mom and pop shops however they add some degree of value to a one stop shop and price.........The mid west and south have really been ruffed up due to walmarts.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
From what I understand, Wal-Mart are extremely shady and hypocritical. But then they're a marketing giant, who isn't?

-AC

Wal-Mart is the largest retailer in the world. And, they use that to their advantage. They deny benefits and they view the minimum wage as a mere suggestion. They come into towns and build a store, and then all other retailers are put out of buisness in that area...then, they build another Wal-Mart supercenter on the other end of town...and put all the smaller retailers out of buisness on that side of town. They're like the Borg.

Jedi Priestess
yep gotta agree with that Borg analogy

PVS

debbiejo
I hate Walmart...It's like a cancer in communities that eats up small bossiness...I understand their philosophy in getting rid of some middle man type things, but I would rather shop at the smaller store......

I hate Mc Donald's too...they're a cancer too, but for other reasons...they're just everywhere!!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by debbiejo
I hate Walmart...It's like a cancer in communities that eats up small bossiness...I understand their philosophy in getting rid of some middle man type things, but I would rather shop at the smaller store......

I hate Mc Donald's too...they're a cancer too, but for other reasons...they're just everywhere!!

Well, then Wal-Mart and McDonalds are like a tumor, inside a tumor. Most Wal-Mart supercenters have a McDonalds inside of them.

But, to be fair, McDonalds isn't the only fastfood resturant that's handing bags of shit out the drivethru window.

Wendys when I'm desperate, Sub-Way if I have a choice. Otherwise, I don't eat fast food.

botankus
That is very true about running small businesses out of business.

One thing about the new Wal-Marts, though (especially in my area): They are building Wal-Marts and building shopping "cities" around it (that's right - cities, not centers - that wouldn't exist if it weren't for the big guy), not the other way around like it used to be. Good or bad?

Possible Pro: One-stop shopping even if you don't want to go/eat/loiter only at Wal-Mart.
Possible Con: You get the headache of the year if all you want to get is a tube of toothpaste.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

Wendys when I'm desperate, Sub-Way if I have a choice. Otherwise, I don't eat fast food.

yep, Wendys, Sub-Way and Mr. Pita!

soleran30
On the Walmart piece they do offer benefits however their pay isn't the greatest......one more time they do have employee benefits for full-time emplyees. Aside from that Walmart is so huge they can handle vendors in a very unconventional manner.......like they can sell your product for up to a year before you are able to collect on the profit so they can see how your product does in "the market."

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Draco69
My poor "Business Management" class has been perverted by the debate over Wal-Mart.

Are you pro or con? I bought a riding lawnmower from WalMart when I lived in an apartment.

No not really, but I do like the prices of the store, though the concept of a potential monopoly is upsetting some people.

Bardock42
I am pro freedom ergo pro-walmart....although personally I am rather indolent towards that company...

Capt_Fantastic

Capt_Fantastic

Capt_Fantastic

Capt_Fantastic

soleran30

tabby999
i'm kinda happy we dont have it over here in Aus, we have Target and KMart, neither of which could be described as world beating. They dont try to drive small businesses out of a job, when they (Target) opened in my town they opened "Country Target" which stock the basics, so if you want the other stuff you can order it in. they make a mint and dont shut other local people down. seems Wal-Mart just want to stomp on everyone and make money come hell or high water. on a humorous note, anyone seen the Southpark where Wal-Mart comes to town?

soleran30
No but sto pby jib jab sometime and get a good laugh at the "jab" they take at walmartsmile

manny321
Well i noticed the wal marts up here (outside Toronto) are much less busier then they were when wal mart first came up here. They have had some trouble being allowed to sell groceries however some stores have limited stock of foodstuff. Also some in Quebec started to create their own union and then the wal mart closed down.

Curl_Up&Dye
wal mart is the devil, but i cant help shopping there.... they have EVERYTHING!!!

botankus
Yeah, but make sure you have an hour or two you can devote to your supershopping.

Curl_Up&Dye
omfg tell me about it.... sometimes i go to wal mart just to kill time

botankus
It's like it's own city. It has suburbia, its government section, and even its own ghetto.

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
It's like it's own city. It has suburbia, its government section, and even its own ghetto.

Pretty soon, well live there...they'll build apartments.. eek!

Shakyamunison
Pretty soon, well live there...they'll build apartments.. eek!

That would be cool. Happy Dance

debbiejo
NO, IT WOULDNT

We'd be living inside the cancer... eek!

Shakyamunison
NO, IT WOULDNT

We'd be living inside the cancer... eek!

I stop shopping until you drop and go to bed. eek! laughing Happy Dance laughing

From the cradle until your dead. eek!

debbiejo
Hey that rhymes....OH, so clever in the morning.

jOHN_Anderton

WindDancer
I go to Wal-Mart for the bargains not for the politics. Thanks to their great prices I was able to compile my TV shows DVD collection.

BackFire
I have no severe problem with Walmart. I don't go their because it's too crowded and I often get trapped between two fat women who take up the whole isle on either side of me.

Plus I get a headache after about 15 minutes in that place because of the yelling of annoying little brats and having to walk cautiously because people just dart in front of me at all times.

jOHN_Anderton
Originally posted by WindDancer
I go to Wal-Mart for the bargains not for the politics. Thanks to their great prices I was able to compile my TV shows DVD collection.

How very un-Batman like Mr. Wayne. confused

Originally posted by BackFire
I have no severe problem with Walmart. I don't go their because it's too crowded and I often get trapped between two fat women who take up the whole isle on either side of me.

Plus I get a headache after about 15 minutes in that place because of the yelling of annoying little brats and having to walk cautiously because people just dart in front of me at all times.

Very funny.

Uh, which reminds me, I mean, my story above isn't for real, well, except for some elements, like the feeling of being drained somwhow while I was in there, and actually that happened in one I was in in Santa Barbara, CA a year ago not here in Michigan. The new one by me was just a turn off because it's too damn big and freaking freaky! i really do despise their business practices and choose not to ever shop there. The welfare of everyday people, including me, are more important than saving a few bucks. Unless you're really in the margins, I don't know how anyone can justify going there based on whats bee said abouth this corporate Juggernaut on the preceeding pages. My opinion.

BadKitty
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but did any of you see 'Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes' from south park?

dear lord was it funny!,I only want to mock wal-mart now.

http://www.tv.com/something-wall-mart-this-way-comes/episode/372424/summary.html

BackFire
Yeah, that was one of the best episodes that season.

I loved the running joke of everyone shitting all over the place when they'd die, I was rolling.

BadKitty
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, that was one of the best episodes that season.

I loved the running joke of everyone shitting all over the place when they'd die, I was rolling. some how south park has been staying on top...if only someone would pay me for every one who crapped their pants when they died Id be rich! laughing out loud

jOHN_Anderton
Originally posted by BadKitty
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but did any of you see 'Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes' from south park?

dear lord was it funny!,I only want to mock wal-mart now.

http://www.tv.com/something-wall-mart-this-way-comes/episode/372424/summary.html

Thanks for that. I read the synopsis! What a riot. I love that show. Usually they're right on the money with whatever is the focus of their humor too. I'm totally a closet fan of South Park!

Edit: Damn! Just looked at your bio. You're quite the babe!

BadKitty
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
Thanks for that. I read the synopsis! What a riot. I love that show. Usually they're right on the money with whatever is the focus of their humor too. I'm totally a closet fan of South Park!

Edit: Damn! Just looked at your bio. You're quite the babe! eek! why thank you for that too *meow!*

jOHN_Anderton
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Kitty's bring out the beast in me esp at 2:45 AM!

G'nite BadKitty!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Draco69

Are you pro or con?
why would one have a problem with wal mart?

BadKitty
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Kitty's bring out the beast in me esp at 2:45 AM!

G'nite BadKitty! sorry I missed this..nite nite wink

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
why would one have a problem with wal mart? 'cause they are a conglomerate that drives other businesses into the ground

jOHN_Anderton
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
why would one have a problem with wal mart?

Now here's the perfect candidate/resident/mindless robot of a Wal-Mart universe: completely clueless; stupid; doesn't read; probably part of THAT group who voted for george bush and aspires to the likes of Ben Stiller!laughing out loud

btw BS was funny in Something About Mary, The Royal Tenenbaums and Meet the Parents but after that has put out nothing but bs.

jOHN_Anderton
sorry I missed this..nite nite wink

aww me too. but there's always tonight smile

*here kitty kitty. . .*

hv an excellent day!

Rogue Jedi
sorry I missed this..nite nite wink

'cause they are a conglomerate that drives other businesses into the ground
but think about it. what would we do without wal mart?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.