Battle of Endor force Sub

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Replace the Imperials with one Division of WW2 "Das Reich" SS soldiers,and replace the Ewoks with the Canadian Airborne Regiment, circa 1993.

Deus Ex
The SS would curbstomp the Canadians.

overlord
Did someone say SS?????????????? wall

Deus Ex
Wrong SS, Overlord.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Deus Ex
The SS would curbstomp the Canadians. LMAO, damn straight!

Gryn Jabar
1993 Canadian Airborne Regiment? An instant reactin force to warsaw pact forces? Using highly advanced technology along with crazy training and bizzare blood rituals (the reason I said 1993 and not today is because they were disbanded after torturing a few teens to death in Somalia).

henniestevens
Maybe those teens deserved to be tortured to death.
but well the SS soldiers would lose this battle, just because they are bradwurst eating mustache wearing Germans.

Deus Ex
Oh noes... the 1993 Canadian Airborne Regiment? Are they up there with the 145th Bolivian Crepe Eating Regiment?

Dude, I'm from America. Most Americans don't know the Canadian provinces by name (or spelling), let alone your military forces unit. That's somewhat unfair, since Canadians have certainly done some asswhupping in the past, but really, the SS would curbstomp other soldiers if they are both presumably using similar weaponry. (For instance, blaster rifles) It doesn't hurt that the SS invented camouflage uniforms.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
1993 Canadian Airborne Regiment? An instant reactin force to warsaw pact forces? Using highly advanced technology along with crazy training and bizzare blood rituals (the reason I said 1993 and not today is because they were disbanded after torturing a few teens to death in Somalia). Have you SEEN our military? We go to Afghanistan wearing Forest Camo.

Deus Ex
... You do, eh?

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Tangible God
Have you SEEN our military? We go to Afghanistan wearing Forest Camo.
Buddy, I'm enlisting once I graduate.BTW, the whole uniform thing got changed.
That being said, this is before the horrific budget cuts of the liberals. BTW, this is DAS REICH, using Mauser's againt a C7 assualt rifle. Also, Canadian airborne training is FAR superior to Waffen SS training. Modern military live fire simulations and paratrooper qualifications are a world ahead of ANY second world war training. Couple that with the fact that the Airborne has superior equipment, the disparity isn't as great as it looks.

Deus Ex
Actually, the Waffen SS has better guns. Gewehr 43 or a 98k has an effective range well over a C7 assault rifle. Waffen SS also utilizes the Sturmgewehr44, which is the first true assault rifle, and that sucker packs a punch. In any case, I think comparing a modern army to one that is nearly 70 years old and including modern tech is really a cheap victory.

And I highly doubt that the Canadian airborne are better trained and on average better soldiers than a German WWII soldier. It's possible, but I'm certainly not seeing it.

Deus Ex
One thing I neglected to get into.... what's the size of this regiment?

Gryn Jabar
Well, considering military training as a whole took a HUGE change after WW2, incorporating indoctrination and whatnot, as well as increased focus on killing and aggression, and strenous physical tests (MOUT training and such), pretty much ANY western nation's nation nowadays is better. Anyways, ignore this thread, its now just a comparison between the SS and the Canadian airborne. Also, minor nitpick- Assualt rifles were never fully distributed due to industrial problems and design flaw. A n SS division in ('42 would not have had them for example, as they weren't being mass produced for them).

Deus Ex
That's very true, but the point you're missing is the Waffen SS were fanatical shocktroops, and regardless of what you may think, WWII German militarization and training is the forerunner of modern training and makes them very comparable with modern soldiers by physical well-being. Take the goose step for example- it's long been held that' it's a meaningless ceremonial thing when in fact it's for excersie and discipline. Walking for thirty minutes in the goose step form is comparable to half a day's march at normal pace. German soldiers also emphasized all sorts of competitive and active sports and events. Even those not drafted were probably involved in active programs such as Strength Through Joy. It's nonsensical to say that modern armies are better than the Wehrmacht and/or the SS, considering they are the product of a military nation during a time of aggression and most Western forces are lower caste enlistees or reluctant weekend warriors.

And considering that your average mudcruncher totted a rifle with an effective range of +600 (Which blows away the SVD Dragonuv's effective accurate range), ammo packs containing over a hundred rounds of ammunition, explosives, bayonets, equipment to dig in, camp out, survive gas attacks etc. (Throughout WWII, German troops and many Allied and Axis armies kept mandatory gas masks, though chemical warfare was not used and the container was often emptied and used for other things.)

In any case, I think on a technology base the Canadians would win because they come from a time of cell phones, remote controlled rockets, and helicopters. But with even tech, the SS would curbstomp them, period.

overlord
What does the nazi 'SS' mean anyway? (just interested)
I never quite got that.

exanda kane
woah this thread got very fricking gung-ho quickly messed...

overlord
Yeah this thread used to be so great.. *sigh*

OMG!! Answer my question instead of distracting!!

Deus Ex

Dush-khan Mabeo
Euh, Earth to everyone?

Deus Ex
Euh?

Euh to, Brutus?

Borbarad

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Borbarad
It's Schutzstaffel...
ill people from their youth on and not think about it.

Indoctrination ? Really...does any western military train people to kill other people from childhood on ?

Not from childhood on, but any basic training (continued throughout one's army carer makes constant referance towards love of the military, and in some units, love of killing.
To quote a cadence:
"What makes the grass grow?
BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!
KILL KILL KILL!"

Gryn Jabar
You missed this one Ush.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.