Resident Evil 4 on Ps2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JToTheP
Progressive Scan
Widescreen
3 new weapons
New costumes + GC version costumes for Leon and Ashley
3-10 second load times inbetween doors
Separate Ways scenario, play as Ada in an alternate view, with new features, one new boss, and expanded areas from Leon's scenario
NO slowdown, other than like in GC, blow up 5-8 villagers with a grenade
Assignment Ada, and The Mercenaries from the GC version are also still included.

A few less trees in the village, darker game, but Leon and Ada's flashlights shine in the dark now, and the weaponry red laser is brighter

Overall: Completely perfect port with addition features, SLIGHTLY worse graphics.

Anyone who needs help, can ask here.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by JToTheP
Progressive Scan
Widescreen
3 new weapons
New costumes + GC version costumes for Leon and Ashley
3-10 second load times inbetween doors
Separate Ways scenario, play as Ada in an alternate view, with new features, one new boss, and expanded areas from Leon's scenario
NO slowdown, other than like in GC, blow up 5-8 villagers with a grenade

A few less trees in the village, darker game, but Leon and Ada's flashlights shine in the dark now, and the weaponry red laser is brighter

Overall: Completely perfect port with addition features, SLIGHTLY worse graphics.

Anyone who needs help, can ask here.

A few questions I civilly asked but didn't get answered before:

A) Why do these additions that have no bearing on the story, make it a better game to you or those who believe it is? As I asked before.

B) Why make it darker, then give them flashlights? This is pointless.

C) Why are outfits and guns reason to buy it again? You get new outfits in the original game.

D) Is being able to kill Ashley (with once again, no bearing on the final story) going to make it a better game? (It's not, but if you believe so, explain why).

E) What's this "new" boss?

F) Why are you citing TV settings as a pro for this game?

G) For anyone feeling fooled, they're not really "new" areas. They don't add any story to the game. It's just Assignment Ada but longer.

You obviously still wanna discuss the game, so I don't know why you wouldn't reply to me.

I'm not instigating, just asking.

-AC

powerfulone1987
ugh.

is it comprehensible.....

Alpha Centauri
I seriously do not get this.

I ask civil questions and you all go menstrual. Don't create the threads if you don't want people to challenge your views.

-AC

powerfulone1987
UGH!

Lana
I'm going to be watching this very carefully. No bashing, no name calling, none of that crap. Keep it all ontopic and civil.

Alpha Centauri
Someone ban this dude.

I asked JToTheP a bunch of fair questions to contribute to this thread since he wrecked the other one. YOU are now being an instigator.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Just leave him alone, obviously he doesn't want to communicate with you, which i think is smart, it will prevent all of the chaos from the other one.
So you can't get mad or blame him really.

Lana
Stop.

Just stop.

I'm going to say it right now. Do not post in this thread if it's not relevant to the topic or I will close it. I do not want to see any name calling or hostility here.

Alpha Centauri
It's an open forum and I'm discussing a topic. I'm not bashing or anything.

If he doesn't like the fact that he can't answer my questions, then he needs to admit it. I've been civil and once again you show up. You are the one stirring trouble. I personally hope J is mature enough to see that you're stirring and replies to my questions.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Anway

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/3494520050622_155828_0_big.jpg

JToTheP
Separate Ways does not equal Assignment Ada. Separate Ways is an additional 6-hour scenario added to show events that happen after Leon starts the game, and the new boss is Saddler before he transforms. Maybe some people aren't going to rebuy the game, but some of us are curious and will.

Your G comment is completely wrong.

Assignment Ada, The Mercenaries are both in the game, Separate Ways is added, as well as a Movie Browser to view all the movies in the game. How could you try to figure this out if you haven't played it or don't own the Playstation 2 version?

JToTheP
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Just leave him alone, obviously he doesn't want to communicate with you, which i think is smart, it will prevent all of the chaos from the other one.
So you can't get mad or blame him really.

Apparently it isn't comprehensible, but oh well. Do you have the Ps2 version powerful?

TwisterGameX
Ok if you have it for the Gc already then you are fine but if you are getting it for the first time then you could consider the ps2..or if you don't have GC then ps2 is the way to go. Either way this game will make you scared.

JToTheP
Either version is fine, the Ps2 has the additional scenario with storyline features, more costumes, and weaponry.

You could buy both if you choose, either way a great game.

Alpha Centauri
Separate Ways does not equal Assignment Ada. Separate Ways is an additional 6-hour scenario added to show events that happen after Leon starts the game, and the new boss is Saddler before he transforms. Maybe some people aren't going to rebuy the game, but some of us are curious and will.

It's not adding any new story to the game though. It's an alternate route. ALTERNATE. The ending is the same. It's like Assignment Ada, but longer. I never said it EQUALLED it.

We all know that it's not 6 hours don't we? I can complete Resident Evil 1 in under 2 hours. When you've played that scenario a few times it'll go from 6, to 3, to 2 probably.

An extra boss, so what? You're curious about it. Ok cool, why does this make it a better game? It's not ADDING anything.

You dodged so many of my questions.

Assignment Ada, The Mercenaries are both in the game, Separate Ways is added, as well as a Movie Browser to view all the movies in the game. How could you try to figure this out if you haven't played it or don't own the Playstation 2 version?

So to answer the ULTIMATE question that you are eternally dodging:

Why treat this as though it's a BETTER game when it has WORSE graphics and doesn't add anything to the story, just "fun" additions? Why does that make it a better OVERALL game instead of you calling it the same game with a few things added on? Which is what it is.

If both men have a porsche and one man's porsche has lots more accessories but a slightly worse engine. It doesn't make it a better car.

-AC

Lana
Well, with my lack of a GC, I'll probably have to get the PS2 version stick out tongue

Are the new additions really worth rebuying it, though, if you've already got the GC version?

BackFire
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A few questions I civilly asked but didn't get answered before:

A) Why do these additions that have no bearing on the story, make it a better game to you or those who believe it is? As I asked before.

B) Why make it darker, then give them flashlights? This is pointless.

C) Why are outfits and guns reason to buy it again? You get new outfits in the original game.

D) Is being able to kill Ashley (with once again, no bearing on the final story) going to make it a better game? (It's not, but if you believe so, explain why).

E) What's this "new" boss?

F) Why are you citing TV settings as a pro for this game?

G) For anyone feeling fooled, they're not really "new" areas. They don't add any story to the game. It's just Assignment Ada but longer.

You obviously still wanna discuss the game, so I don't know why you wouldn't reply to me.

I'm not instigating, just asking.

-AC

I can answer some of these. Though I'll say right here that none of these reasons are going to make me buy it again, but they are added novelties that will increase the fun of the game to some people and are nice additions for PS2 owners who weren't able to play it before.

A) The addition of new guns is an improvement simply because it increases the number of options the player has when playing the game. Options are always a plus. Plus some may have new animations and may even cause new death animations.

B) This will add a more hectic feeling to the game while increasing the tension and suspense. Making the player feel more vulnerable by only letting them see the area that is being lit by the flashlight clearly will add to the atmosphere. For examples of this check out Silent Hill and Doom 3. Having to rely on a flashlight makes the game quite a bit creepier, seeing as when you turn you may be shocked to see that some enemies are next to you that you weren't able to see since they weren't in the area lit directly by the flashlight. This is probably the best change in the whole game.

C) Some people like playing around with outfits.

D) Killing Ashley is probably the second coolest new feature in the game, killing an 18 year old girl is simply good clean fun.

That's all. Again, none of these changes are really worth buying the game all over again for, but they are nice novelties that add some new aspects and options to an already outstanding game.

JToTheP
You haven't even PLAYED the Playstation 2 version, the graphics are nearly IDENTICAL. Stop being so arrogant, you are wrong.

I wish I could edit my original post:

Assignment Ada, and The Mercenaries from the GC version are also still included.

Lana
laughing out loud oh BF, you never fail to amuse stick out tongue

You haven't even PLAYED the Playstation 2 version, the graphics are nearly IDENTICAL. Stop being so arrogant, you are wrong.

I'll edit it for you, if you wish.

Alpha Centauri

A) Answer my question.

B) I will be playing it tomorrow.

C) It is FACTUALLY worse graphics. The graphics are NOT as good. This is a fact. You and I both know this. So don't sit there saying "They are nearly IDENTICAL!" I'm not denying anything like that. I'm saying that they are not as good, because they aren't.

Exactly, proving my point.

It's the same game with slightly worse graphics and trivial stuff with no impact on the game's ending storyline such as new clothing, killing Ashley, new weapons and a flashlight. The new scenario obviously doesn't add anything because they've already FINISHED THE GAME AND WROTE THE STORY FOR 5. Where is your logic?

So let's review the question you continue to dodge, answer it this time:

Why treat this as though it's a BETTER game when it has WORSE graphics and doesn't add anything to the story, just "fun" additions? Why does that make it a better OVERALL game instead of you calling it the same game with a few things added on? Which is what it is.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Apparently it isn't comprehensible, but oh well. Do you have the Ps2 version powerful?
No, I FEAR I don't.

Is it comprehensible.....

TwisterGameX
Have ant=y of you played it for the ps2 and GC...if not then no one can argue anything.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BackFire
A) The addition of new guns is an improvement simply because it increases the number of options the player has when playing the game. Options are always a plus. Plus some may have new animations and may even cause new death animations.

New death animations? Forgive me for scoffing at that being anything resembling a valid reason. New weapons? You can get them by earning them in RE 4. The problem with RE 3 was all the easy weaponry. It's repeating the same mistake. Not to mention that it's just an addition to suck people into buying it.

B) This will add a more hectic feeling to the game while increasing the tension and suspense. Making the player feel more vulnerable by only letting them see the area that is being lit by the flashlight clearly will add to the atmosphere. For examples of this check out Silent Hill and Doom 3. Having to rely on a flashlight makes the game quite a bit creepier, seeing as when you turn you may be shocked to see that some enemies are next to you that you weren't able to see since they weren't in the area lit directly by the flashlight. This is probably the best change in the whole game.

It's an annoyance more than anything. It doesn't feel, in any of those games, like a fearful concept. It's more like a trouble. Like the "realism" of having two guns in Halo. It just became an annoyance and you continually find yourself saying "I want more guns." Just like I know I will personally find myself saying "Why couldn't they have just left it the hell alone?"

You'll pull your torch out and go "OH THERE'S THE MONSTER!" put it away and shoot it. You already knew it was there, you're not any MORE scared for having to do that. It's pointless.

C) Some people like playing around with outfits.

Yeah. Those who are slaves to the corporate scheme, which is why we're discussing this. People will say that makes the GAME better. When it doesn't.

D) Killing Ashley is probably the second coolest new feature in the game, killing an 18 year old girl is simply good clean fun.

Five's story will clearly benefit from the installing of this feature. I'm sure the ending will also be significantly changed as a result (it won't).

-AC

JToTheP
Originally posted by Lana
laughing out loud oh BF, you never fail to amuse stick out tongue

I'll edit it for you, if you wish.

If I haven't royally screwed up already, that'd be great, thank you lana.

JToTheP
No, I FEAR I don't.

Oh, well, that is fine. Great game regardless. smile

The ps2 version also features altered enemy patterns which I find annoying.

Alpha Centauri
The ps2 version also features altered enemy patterns which I find annoying.

Wait, so they ACTUALLY make a change and you find it annoying?

What is it you want? The same game with new clothing?

-AC

JToTheP
Did I address you at all? Did I ask for your input?

powerfulone1987
Get off the back. ugh.

I would have gotten this game when it came out for GC but I had trouble playing REsident Evil Zero. So I have gave up with REsident Evil games evn ethough I would like to play them

Alpha Centauri
Did I address you at all? Did I ask for your input?

Did I need your permission to give it? No. Shut up then.

-AC

Lana
Guys..........what have I said?

Alpha Centauri
Guys? I swear all I've done is actually reply regarding the game.

I won't be told to stop when I'm not the one doing it. I can't account for bitterness of getting whooped.

-AC

powerfulone1987
I told you Lana, do you remember what I pm'ed you.
You should think about it....

Anyway.

I think it's normal for a fan of this game to want to buy the PS2 version if they already have the GC version, if not just to own it in their collection.
And I'm sure there many people out there that want's the game just for the extras.

JToTheP
I don't understand why AC is allowed to act like he isn't involved in this, and undermind the moderator of this forum.

JToTheP
I told you Lana, do you remember what I wrote you.
You should think about it....

Anyway.

I think it's normal for a fan of this game to want to buy the PS2 version if they already have the GC version, if not just to own it in their collection.
And I'm sure there many people out there that want's the game just for the extras.

I also bought it since I won't be buying the new consoles for a while, and I want the best games I can find for my Ps2 & GC, that my Ps2 should have this great game also. I enjoy it that much, I beat it like 10 times on GC, and still play it on Ps2, it is not boring yet either.

Lana
Discuss the damn game. I don't CARE what problems you guys may have with each other, but keep it out of here. If you disagree with each other, DO IT CIVILLY.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not undermining anyone, I'm discussing the game.

You continually go off topic and dodge ANY question that you can't counter. Instead, countering with some remark that is attempting to make you look good. Clearly you have no knowledge of who I am.

So unless you and your boy can chill out and answer my questions that I have continually asked civilly, I'll continue smacking you out of the park whenever you come back in.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I will buy the game tomorrow when it is released. I will complete it for the 7th time, play the new parts, and then take advantage of GAME's free rental service, AKA ten day returns policy.

powerfulone1987
I thought the game was out already, especially with the strong passion that everybody has been using to talk about the game.

Oh well.

JToTheP
Discuss the damn game. I don't CARE what problems you guys may have with each other, but keep it out of here. If you disagree with each other, DO IT CIVILLY.

We tried that originally, than I come back to the thread after a few days and see AC has dissected the game.

Alpha Centauri
We tried that originally, than I come back to the thread after a few days and see AC has dissected the game.

Exactly. You were scared to reply, as you have been here.

Seriously, why? I ask you questions, you dodge them and start getting pissy.

It's all you and your support team.

Go back, answer my questions or I'll post it again.

-AC

Lana
I thought the game was out already, especially with the strong passion that everybody has been using to talk about the game.

Oh well.

Different release dates in different countries.

Lana

So his opinion of it's different than yours, how does that affect being able to discuss the game?

Alpha Centauri
For over the fifth time, and for the sake of topic:

^^^Answer this J.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Different release dates in different countries.

Well what country do yall live in?

is it comprehenisble.....

JToTheP
For over the fifth time, and for the sake of topic:

^^^Answer this J.

-AC

Separate WAYS adds to the overall story of the game, and shows that Wesker is going to re-establish Umbrella. If you'd stop being a prick you'd see this. Stop saying 'worse' graphics, you are a complete fool, nearly identical is the proper term to describe this game. If you didn't buy it on GC than you are going to feel like you have the "complete" package with the additional extras and features.

Bullshit and continue all you want, cuz I know you aren't done, you haven't finished your whining.

JToTheP
Well what country do yall live in?

is it comprehenisble.....

I live in US, it came out Oct. 27th

powerfulone1987
I knew it was out already over here.

Alpha Centauri
Separate WAYS adds to the overall story of the game, and shows that Wesker is going to re-establish Umbrella. If you'd stop being a prick you'd see this.

That's already been shown in Assignment Ada. As I said before, as you clearly ignored and chose to throw insults when your argument was smashed. It doesn't add to the story. So we move on:

Stop saying 'worse' graphics, you are a complete fool, nearly identical is the proper term to describe this game. If you didn't buy it on GC than you are going to feel like you have the "complete" package with the additional extras and features.

The graphics are not as good. Are they? Answer me that question. However slight, the graphics are NOT as good, are they?

Try replying without insults.

-AC

General Kaliero
I can't believe that there's such a vehement argument over this...

Personally, I agree with AC, and I wouldn't mind if someone answered his question, which is entirely civil and valid.

Look at it logically. Obviously, even Capcom themselves didn't think the port to PS2 would be as good. Why else would an already five-star/ten-out-of-ten game need a bunch of new features?

powerfulone1987
Well his questions have been answered and he doesn't agree with the answers so he is trying to get people to answer the way he wants them to and nobody owes him an answer anyway.

The GC version did so good that they decided to bring it over to the PS2 so people without a GC and with a ps2 could play it.
I think that's a good enough reason to bring it over and what's the harm in also adding new features. It just makes it better if nothing else and it couldn't. either way they were going to bring it over to the ps2 so why not something new.

Alpha Centauri
No, my questions haven't been answered. Hence the problem. If you're making claims, telling me I'm wrong, then yes you owe me an answer.

I asked a question to J, which I will now reiterate:

"The graphics are not as good. Are they? Answer me that question. However slight, the graphics are NOT as good, are they?"

He can answer how he wants, as long as he answers and does so civilly.

To you: You said it makes it better, these features.

How?

-AC

General Kaliero
Well, they brought it over to the PS2 because of the enormous fan outcry of PS2 owners who felt that Capcom was betraying them. Porting over after a big, attention-grabbing outcry is plain good business.

And what's the harm in adding new features? Well, from a technical standpoint, the harm is a hell of a lot of sudden work for people who had thought they were finally done with designing/scripting/debugging the damned thing. You just don't do a bunch of extra work on an already excellent game unless the company thinks it's necessary.

BackFire
Valid reason for what? New death animations would be a novelty, an addition that improves the visual variety the game has to offer. Nothing more. I can see new weapons being a problem if they're overly powerful and trivialize the game and easy to obtain, then that will be committing the flaw you brought up. Is this the case? I haven't really been following the PS2 release. If the guns are balanced then they certainly won't take anything away from the game.

I don't agree with this at all. The scarce lighting in Doom 3 and Silent Hill increase the fear factor ten fold for me. Increasing the probability of not seeing something until it's an actual danger is more frightening then seeing it across the screen and just pointing and calmly shooting at it knowing you're in no real danger. It adds a certain danger element that wouldn't be there otherwise. Of course it would be a problem if it went overboard, but from the sounds of it, it won't.

I don't see a resemblance between a darker, more sinister and vulnerable atmosphere that actually can increase the tension and difficulty of the game and holding two guns in Halo 2. One actually affects the game-play and can increase the difficulty, the other affects the players options of how to dispatch enemies.

This would depend on what you mean by "better". If by "better" you mean by relating to the actual plot or game-play, then you're right, it won't have any impact on that. But it is a fun little novelty that some people will enjoy toying with.

Never said it would. In fact, I don't think anyone has said that the changes are anything more then a fun novelty; trivial changes that won't alter the actual story or feel of the game.

As I said prior, I don't think any of these changes are reasons to buy the game if you already own it for the GC. But if you have both systems, and you haven't bougt the GC version for whatever reason, then the PS2 version's new special features could certainly sway people into buying that version over the GC version. Also it is a nice justification and reward for PS2 owners who don't own a GC and have had to wait almost a year for the game, at least they're getting SOMETHING new that may make the wait feel a bit more worthwhile.

powerfulone1987
Valid reason for what? New death animations would be a novelty, an addition that improves the visual variety the game has to offer. Nothing more. I can see new weapons being a problem if they're overly powerful and trivialize the game and easy to obtain, then that will be committing the flaw you brought up. Is this the case? I haven't really been following the PS2 release. If the guns are balanced then they certainly won't take anything away from the game.

I don't agree with this at all. The scarce lighting in Doom 3 and Silent Hill increase the fear factor ten fold for me. Increasing the probability of not seeing something until it's an actual danger is more frightening then seeing it across the screen and just pointing and calmly shooting at it knowing you're in no real danger. It adds a certain danger element that wouldn't be there otherwise. Of course it would be a problem if it went overboard, but from the sounds of it, it won't.

I don't see a resemblance between a darker, more sinister and vulnerable atmosphere that actually can increase the tension and difficulty of the game and holding two guns in Halo 2. One actually affects the game-play and can increase the difficulty, the other affects the players options of how to dispatch enemies.

This would depend on what you mean by "better". If by "better" you mean by relating to the actual plot or game-play, then you're right, it won't have any impact on that. But it is a fun little novelty that some people will enjoy toying with.

Never said it would. In fact, I don't think anyone has said that the changes are anything more then a fun novelty; trivial changes that won't alter the actual story or feel of the game.

As I said prior, I don't think any of these changes are reasons to buy the game if you already own it for the GC. But if you have both systems, and you haven't bougt the GC version for whatever reason, then the PS2 version's new special features could certainly sway people into buying that version over the GC version. Also it is a nice justification and reward for PS2 owners who don't own a GC and have had to wait almost a year for the game, at least they're getting SOMETHING new that may make the wait feel a bit more worthwhile.

oh yeah!!!

Alpha Centauri

The guns won't give anything to the game either, in the grand scheme of things. In the story scheme of things.

Secondly, death animations. Come on man. The WAY in which a sprite moves when it dies? You're saying THAT makes the GAME better overall? You could see Leon, I dunno, impaled. This, to you, makes it BETTER than the GC version? Just because he can be impaled?

So you shine a torch on an enemy you know is there, that you NOW know won't reach you. Where has the flashlight shown it's worth? It does absolutely nothing. Why? Because it's been ADDED. If it had STARTED as part of the game, yes. Maybe. But you know the game. I've completed it 5 times. Flashlight or not, there's no difference.

You now have to use a lighting tool where there's dark areas. Surely not having that lighting in dark areas (original GC version) is better, no? "Oh we made it darker." Yeah, you also gave me more light. I'm not seeing the attraction.

Yes, but my question (so far dodged) has been "Why do people believe it will make the game better?". Because some people do believe the GAME is a better game, rather than the GC game with add ons.

J has, but then he continually throws tantrums whenever my questions are inescapable.

Also it is a nice justification and reward for PS2 owners who don't own a GC and have had to wait almost a year for the game, at least they're getting SOMETHING new that may make the wait feel a bit more worthwhile.

Well if loads of GC owners are telling them that it's quite bs, and they still don't feel ripped off.

J already believes that knowing Wesker plans to revive is exclusive to PS2. When it's not. So either they're too stupid to know they're being lied to, too dumb to care or too ignorant to admit it, that's what's happening.

oh yeah!!!

Ever watched Bring it on? You REALLY should have auditioned.

Also, stop PMing me.

-AC

TwisterGameX
The Ps2 always robs the GC's esclusives...like vietiful joe..capcom screws niontendo witg lies.

BackFire
Don't know if anyone has read this, but it's a section of the Gamespot review that compared both the GC and the PS2 version....

"If you're already familiar with Resident Evil 4, chances are you just want to know how the PS2 version stacks up to the original. The good news is it stacks up remarkably well, resulting in one of the best-looking, most atmospheric PS2 games to date. Having played the original, you'd find no signs that the PS2 got the short end of the stick, even though this version was announced only at about the same time as production on the original was wrapping up. The game controls just as well on the PS2 as it does on the GameCube, and it boasts support for Pro Logic II-equipped sound systems and widescreen high-definition displays (and this is true widescreen support, whereas the GameCube game is letterboxed even if you play it on a widescreen TV).

The content of the GameCube version is all intact here, but in addition to that, some key extras have been added. Chiefly among them is a side story called Separate Ways, which lets you play as the elegant, enigmatic spy Ada Wong as she finds herself in the same place at the same time as Leon, the hero of the story. In addition to featuring some slick new cutscenes and more than a few more hours of great gameplay, Separate Ways sheds new light onto some aspects of the storyline and explains why some of the things that happen to Leon are more than just happy coincidences. The difficulty in Separate Ways picks up at about where Resident Evil 4 leaves off, so Ada will have a tough fight ahead of her and will likely need to avoid as many enemies as she has to kill. As such, the feel of the action in this episode is different from the parts of Resident Evil 4 during which it takes place, even though Ada plays pretty much the same as Leon (though she's a little faster and gets to use a cool grapple gun). Overall, Separate Ways is a well produced and exciting bonus.

A few additional weapons and unlockable costumes are also new to this version, but it's not necessarily worth getting a second copy of Resident Evil 4 just for this extra content, especially since none of it is available up front. Besides, while Resident Evil 4 looks incredible on the PS2, it doesn't look quite as good as on the GameCube, where it has richer colors, sharper-looking environments, and nicer lighting effects. Larger foes also look better on the GameCube (while smaller foes melt away faster when killed), and the earlier version's loading times are also shorter. Pauses during the interactive cutscenes are also longer by an instant on the PS2, making the interactivity feel a bit less seamless. So, since the underlying gameplay is exactly the same, the slightly but noticeably better-looking GameCube original ultimately still has the edge. That about covers the differences how Resident Evil 4 compares between the PS2 and GameCube, but if you're unfamiliar with what makes the game itself so good, keep going."

3 words, my friend - More is better - Too many people, this is true. You get the same game that was on the GC, with slightly worse graphics, plus you get some fun little extras. To some, that makes the game as a whole better, if you include the extra features. Though it makes no difference to the main game itself.

powerfulone1987
The guns won't give anything to the game either, in the grand scheme of things. In the story scheme of things.

Secondly, death animations. Come on man. The WAY in which a sprite moves when it dies? You're saying THAT makes the GAME better overall? You could see Leon, I dunno, impaled. This, to you, makes it BETTER than the GC version? Just because he can be impaled?

So you shine a torch on an enemy you know is there, that you NOW know won't reach you. Where has the flashlight shown it's worth? It does absolutely nothing. Why? Because it's been ADDED. If it had STARTED as part of the game, yes. Maybe. But you know the game. I've completed it 5 times. Flashlight or not, there's no difference.

You now have to use a lighting tool where there's dark areas. Surely not having that lighting in dark areas (original GC version) is better, no? "Oh we made it darker." Yeah, you also gave me more light. I'm not seeing the attraction.

Yes, but my question (so far dodged) has been "Why do people believe it will make the game better?". Because some people do believe the GAME is a better game, rather than the GC game with add ons.

J has, but then he continually throws tantrums whenever my questions are inescapable.

Well if loads of GC owners are telling them that it's quite bs, and they still don't feel ripped off.

J already believes that knowing Wesker plans to revive is exclusive to PS2. When it's not. So either they're too stupid to know they're being lied to, too dumb to care or too ignorant to admit it, that's what's happening.

Ever watched Bring it on? You REALLY should have auditioned.

Also, stop PMing me.

-AC

I never pmed you, I don't know what you're talking about.
And I did audition, but I didn't make it, so I am here sharing my talent.

And do you realized throughout that whole last post, you slung J's name around. Why? He had nothing to do with that post. It was between you and backfire.

The game is on the ps2 with new features, that's not gonna change, no matter how much "people" don't see the point.
There is a point. So ps2 gamers can play this game.

Alpha Centauri
Don't know if anyone has read this, but it's a section of the Gamespot review that compared both the GC and the PS2 version....

"If you're already familiar with Resident Evil 4, chances are you just want to know how the PS2 version stacks up to the original. The good news is it stacks up remarkably well, resulting in one of the best-looking, most atmospheric PS2 games to date. Having played the original, you'd find no signs that the PS2 got the short end of the stick, even though this version was announced only at about the same time as production on the original was wrapping up. The game controls just as well on the PS2 as it does on the GameCube, and it boasts support for Pro Logic II-equipped sound systems and widescreen high-definition displays (and this is true widescreen support, whereas the GameCube game is letterboxed even if you play it on a widescreen TV).

The content of the GameCube version is all intact here, but in addition to that, some key extras have been added. Chiefly among them is a side story called Separate Ways, which lets you play as the elegant, enigmatic spy Ada Wong as she finds herself in the same place at the same time as Leon, the hero of the story. In addition to featuring some slick new cutscenes and more than a few more hours of great gameplay, Separate Ways sheds new light onto some aspects of the storyline and explains why some of the things that happen to Leon are more than just happy coincidences. The difficulty in Separate Ways picks up at about where Resident Evil 4 leaves off, so Ada will have a tough fight ahead of her and will likely need to avoid as many enemies as she has to kill. As such, the feel of the action in this episode is different from the parts of Resident Evil 4 during which it takes place, even though Ada plays pretty much the same as Leon (though she's a little faster and gets to use a cool grapple gun). Overall, Separate Ways is a well produced and exciting bonus.

A few additional weapons and unlockable costumes are also new to this version, but it's not necessarily worth getting a second copy of Resident Evil 4 just for this extra content, especially since none of it is available up front. Besides, while Resident Evil 4 looks incredible on the PS2, it doesn't look quite as good as on the GameCube, where it has richer colors, sharper-looking environments, and nicer lighting effects. Larger foes also look better on the GameCube (while smaller foes melt away faster when killed), and the earlier version's loading times are also shorter. Pauses during the interactive cutscenes are also longer by an instant on the PS2, making the interactivity feel a bit less seamless. So, since the underlying gameplay is exactly the same, the slightly but noticeably better-looking GameCube original ultimately still has the edge. That about covers the differences how Resident Evil 4 compares between the PS2 and GameCube, but if you're unfamiliar with what makes the game itself so good, keep going."

3 words, my friend - More is better - Too many people, this is true. You get the same game that was on the GC, with slightly worse graphics, plus you get some fun little extras. To some, that makes the game as a whole better, if you include the extra features. Though it makes no difference to the main game itself.

Read that already. Proves everything I've said and more. Aids me, infact. Especially in the area of it not looking as good. Which JP continually dodged.

As for the last part, you said more is better. If people prefer it because it has irrelevant and pointless features that add nothing to the main game, fine. I'm asking why certain people feel that this makes it a superior game.

So far, dodged.

-AC

TwisterGameX
2 dvds same price and one has extras...which one would you get...

Alpha Centauri
I never pmed you, I don't know what you're talking about.

Don't do it, then deny it. At least admit it and stop it.

And do you realized throughout that whole last post, you slung J's name around. Why? He had nothing to do with that post. It was between you and backfire.

Because he is the one refusing to answer my questions. I didn't insult him, merely mentioned him. If you wanna be his friend, just ask. I'm sure he'll oblige.

The game is on the ps2 with new features, that's not gonna change, no matter how much "people" don't see the point.
There is a point. So ps2 gamers can play this game.

Try reading the thread.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
2 dvds same price and one has extras...which one would you get...

Depends. Seeing as it's a movie, I'll buy the one that has the best picture.

If it openly says "This one has more, but looks not as good." I'll buy the simple one.

-AC

powerfulone1987
I read it and It definitely supports everything Backfire said and disputes everything you said.

There goes J's name again.
Get out his butt.

TwisterGameX
Depends. Seeing as it's a movie, I'll buy the one that has the best picture.

If it openly says "This one has more, but looks not as good." I'll buy the simple one.

-AC

It doesn't look that worse..you make it sound like it's sick when it is not that serious.

If you have the GC al;ready then there is no reason to buy it twice but if you have none then extras rules...

powerfulone1987
oh yeah, spoken like a true something

JToTheP
That's already been shown in Assignment Ada. As I said before, as you clearly ignored and chose to throw insults when your argument was smashed. It doesn't add to the story. So we move on:

No you narrowminded shit. Separate Ways goes from the village to the island, unlike Assignment Ada, which is a small and basically useless scenario completely. Yes, it DOES add to the story, god I wish someone had the Ps2 version and could explain to you why it adds to the story.

TwisterGameX
That first sentence was not needed.

Alpha Centauri
I read it and It definitely supports everything Backfire said and disputes everything you said.

There goes J's name again.
Get out his butt.

Doesn't disprove everything I've said does it? Hahaha. Especially considering it actually proves many of my points.

You are the one continually mentioning the guy. Now you're mentioning his butt, I'm disturbed.

Twister: Someone who has neither, but decides to get the GC version, they aren't losing out are they? No. Because it looks better, factually, noticeably, and it has all the relevant parts. Being the original game and all.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Doesn't disprove everything I've said does it? Hahaha. Especially considering it actually proves many of my points.

You are the one continually mentioning the guy. Now you're mentioning his butt, I'm disturbed.

Twister: Someone who has neither, but decides to get the GC version, they aren't losing out are they? No. Because it looks better, factually, noticeably, and it has all the relevant parts. Being the original game and all.

-AC

They are not loosing out but why not get the extras. It's like sprinkles on ice cream. Oh if you don't own a gc then get it too.

Alpha Centauri
No you narrowminded shit. Separate Ways goes from the village to the island, unlike Assignment Ada, which is a small and basically useless scenario completely. Yes, it DOES add to the story, god I wish someone had the Ps2 version and could explain to you why it adds to the story.

Aww, I wish you could have replied without insults tsk tsk. Sad, sad.

Assignment Ada isn't useless because it reveals at the end that Wesker is planning to revive Umbrella. This, being the original game, means that it did so BEFORE the PS2 version. So considering that you love Seperate Ways because it gives you that info, maybe you better recognise that we already know it, because it's ALREADY THERE.

It doesn't ADD to the story. It tells you other parts of an already existing story. Doesn't add to what will happen in the future. It doesn't CHANGE the end to 4.

-AC

powerfulone1987
oh yeah!

Alpha Centauri
They are not loosing out but why not get the extras. It's like sprinkles on ice cream. Oh if you don't own a gc then get it too.

If you don't have either game and you get the GC version, you're not ANY worse off. Extras are only for people who find that kind of thing to be an addition. A fun aside, which is all they are. And that's fine with me.

I am at a loss as to why people here view it as making the GAME, THE MAIN GAME, better. It doesn't.

You are not getting a better main game because of the extras.

-AC

TwisterGameX
If you don't have either game and you get the GC version, you're not ANY worse off. Extras are only for people who find that kind of thing to be an addition. A fun aside, which is all they are. And that's fine with me.

I am at a loss as to why people here view it as making the GAME, THE MAIN GAME, better. It doesn't.

You are not getting a better main game because of the extras.

-AC

I didn't say you would be worse off I just said whats wrong with sprinkles.

powerfulone1987
THEY ARE ADDITIONS.

at least know what you're talking about.

powerfulone1987
nothing wrong with sprinkles.

I'd rather have vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, than old plain bland original same old same old vanilla

ya dig

JToTheP
DAMN YOU BOTH! I WANT ICE CREAM NOW! stick out tongue

powerfulone1987
Hmmm. I want a hot fudge sundae with nuts in a tall cup with one of those long spoons.............oh yeah.....................baby...........

OH...umm...yeah..where was I. Oh, of course:

Alpha Centauri

What's wrong without? If the vanilla without sprinkles tastes better than the vanilla with, what would you get?

THEY ARE ADDITIONS.

at least know what you're talking about.

Despite the fact that my whole argument is that they ARE additions and that they AREN'T making the main game better, what did you miss?

J, so now you know that the graphics are infact worse (which means less than as good) you might wanna admit that you are wrong. Which is what you told me I was for thinking they are worse.

Just a thought. Because I can sense you slyly deviating from admitting it.

-AC

Lana
oh yeah!

Please quit with these irrelevant posts....

TwisterGameX
What's wrong without? If the vanilla without sprinkles tastes better than the vanilla with, what would you get?

Despite the fact that my whole argument is that they ARE additions and that they AREN'T making the main game better, what did you miss?

-AC

I know I am mad to it is not an esclusive because capcom are retarts that lie to nintendo...vietiful joe esclusice for GC then ran off and made it for ps2 and now RE4.

I dn why but I always been an nintendo fanboy and hated the ps2 and xbox but I got all 3 systems now and I still love my nintendo better but the other systems have good ass games thats only for that sad

Alpha Centauri
So let's all admit, without insulting and putting aside the damaged egos, that I was actually correct on this issue. The issue being: The extras do not make the main game better, and because of the port, the game doesn't look as good.

Thank you.

-AC

TwisterGameX
So let's all admit, without insulting and putting aside the damaged egos, that I was actually correct on this issue. The issue being: The extras do not make the main game better, and because of the port, the game doesn't look as good.

Thank you.

-AC

Nintendo power droolio

Alpha Centauri
I'm not defending Nintendo, just my own point.

-AC

TwisterGameX
I'm not defending Nintendo, just my own point.

-AC

Still makes me mad at capcom. Tell them never to say esclusive again because vietiful joe and RE4 are on ps2 lmao, it's like the ps2 is picking on nintendo and stealing anything that is popular from them...it wouldn't surprise me if super smash bros was on the ps2 evil face ( yes I know that nintendo made it...)

JToTheP
Why must this god damn troll be fed? He must be the worst troll I have ever seen.

TwisterGameX
It's not that serious and this is why you guys will never be president...what the hell am I talking about...

Alpha Centauri
Why must this god damn troll be fed? He must be the worst troll I have ever seen.

Funny how you continue to post here and it's never on topic.

I am being fed, but it's irony. It does taste good, I'll admit.

-AC

powerfulone1987

Thank you.

-AC

Okay, okay, i'll admit it..............

THE EXTRAS MAKE THE GAME BETTER AND THE GAME LOOKS AMAZING!

JToTheP
It's not that serious and this is why you guys will never be president...what the hell am I talking about...

Why would I wanna be president? After Bush is gone the US may have a chance.

*goes to slay villagers* stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Okay, okay, i'll admit it..............

THE EXTRAS MAKE THE GAME BETTER AND THE GAME LOOKS AMAZING!

Though technically, the looks debate is on my side. Because the looks aren't as good. Shot yourself in the foot there.

On the second count, the main game isn't changed. So again, shot yourself.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Though technically, the looks debate is on my side. Because the looks aren't as good. Shot yourself in the foot there.

On the second count, the main game isn't changed. So again, shot yourself.

-AC

I know what i'd like to shoot...............but anyway............

The main game doesn't have to change for it to be better.

Alpha Centauri
I know what i'd like to shoot...............but anyway............

The main game doesn't have to change for it to be better.

That wasn't my debate though was it? My debate was that it doesn't make the game/main game better.

Pay attention.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Well so what. If it does it does and if it doesn't it doesn't, either way it's still a good game obviously.

So stopped being obsessed with TRYING to be right.

In my opinion it improves the game and makes it better in different areas.

TwisterGameX
The icing on the cake.

Alpha Centauri
Well so what. If it does it does and if it doesn't it doesn't, either way it's still a good game obviously.

So stopped being obsessed with TRYING to be right.

In my opinion it improves the game and makes it better in different areas.

I claimed that the extras aren't absolutely necessary and that they don't make the main game better. Also that the graphics aren't as good.

I was right. Don't equate being right, with being obsessed with being right, and certainly don't try and pin that on me just because I'm right here and you're not. It's cowardly.

I'm not denying that it might very well be a good game. I'm making a point that everyone liked to dance around and TRY to counter, but when it's quite apparant that you're fighting a losing battle, rather than admit you're wrong, you say "You're just trying to be right."

I am right. Deal with it. It's not my fault that you try to extract facts from personal beliefs. I extract facts from factual info, and that will always win.

-AC

powerfulone1987
I'm not fighting any battle because I could care less whose right.

Last time I checked, I don't have to go to bed with you tonight, so we can agree to disagree, because you are OBSESSED with TRYING to be RIGHT when nobody else cares about that. This is called the "WHOSE RIGHT" Thread.

As far as I'm concerned, the game is good with and without the extras but the extras don't hurt and changes the gaming experience in some ways.

So there!

Alpha Centauri
I'm not fighting any battle because I could care less whose right.

Last time I checked, I don't have to go to bed with you tonight, so we can agree to disagree, because you are OBSESSED with TRYING to be RIGHT when nobody else cares about that. This is called the "WHOSE RIGHT" Thread.

As far as I'm concerned, the game is good with and without the extras but the extras don't hurt and changes the gaming experience in some ways.

So there!

Trying to be right about what? The graphics being worse? They are, fact.

The main game NOT being added to or gaining anything from the extras? It's not, fact.

So what exactly am I TRYING to be right about?

-AC

powerfulone1987
At least you can finally admit it.

NOW GO TO SLEEP!.............................................................................................
.......................night night.

Alpha Centauri
At least you can finally admit it.

NOW GO TO SLEEP!.............................................................................................
.......................night night.

No, hahaha. How cute, sorry. I thought you were older than 10 and that you'd realise it was a question.

What do YOU think I'm trying to be right about? Since I was ACTUALLY right on both issues.

-AC

powerfulone1987
The thing you said you were "actually right about" is what your TRYING to be right about.

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Alpha Centauri
I'm not trying though. It's already been accomplished hasn't it?

The answer is yes. So I am right, glad we can both agree. It's not up for debate really. It's been proven. It's factual.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Well if you have to be "RIGHT" to sleep tonight that's all you.

I'm gonna be the bigger person and end this right now by saying:

(You of all people should have seen this coming)

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Alpha Centauri
I'm asking you a civil question. You said I'm trying (which would mean I'm not achieving) to be right. Correct?

Why did you say this?

-AC

Avenger2.0
Have yas everplayed RE: outbreak file 1 or 2. Outbreak is a version that needs some major fixing. The clues in it are non existant, alternate costumes require you to run around against every wall pressing X just 2 find the hundred necessary items to assemble the costumes. And the bosses are pretty much invincible till the end of the level.

Though the online play is a good function that I'd like to see more of.

powerfulone1987
There were some complaints about the fact that you couldn't talk to other people during the online play.

The creators said they wanted it like this cause it would heighten the effect of the game while playing it.

JToTheP
STILL? Oh for the love of god honestly.

Alpha Centauri

You have no right to complain, you haven't contributed to this thread besides creating it.

-AC

powerfulone1987
whatever do you mean?

Lana
Okay, I will say this right now.

I do not want to see one more offtopic hostile post in this thread. End of story. I am hoping this thread can be salvaged and that I don't have to close it. So please, stick to the top and no more bickering.

Alpha Centauri
It's been stopped for about a day. You're kinda late.

-AC

Lana
Whatever stick out tongue Saying right now that the argument's not to start up again.

Alpha Centauri
VVD purchased the game today, to be on topic. Said it's really shit, the graphics. Isn't just that the Cube's is "noticeably" better, is actually much worse graphically.

Also said that the controls are really unresponsive and that there're delays when turning etc. I could tell myself, when I saw it, that it just lacked definition.

So much for the graphics being nearly identical. Nearly in the way that a Porsche is nearly as fast as a Space Rocket. I guess what he must have meant was that because the PS2 version looked "good", that it was "as good" as the Cube.

-AC

Lana
Blah, that's sucky erm

Maybe I'll rent it first, then...

TwisterGameX
Blah, that's sucky erm

Or get a cheap GC evil face
A used GC cost 75 dollars maybe 50.

Lana
Yeah, that I kinda don't have to spare right now.....

Alpha Centauri
Resident Evil 4 is probably unlike any game you've ever played before, so it'll take getting used to. When you do though, it's the best.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Yeah, that I kinda don't have to spare right now.....

save up 5 dollars a day sad or give your parents a call evil face

Lana
Well, I haven't played any RE game since I got Resident Evil: Directors Cut for the Playstation something like 6 years ago. That game scared the hell out of me embarrasment

Victor Von Doom
Blah, that's sucky erm

My quick review: it's shit.

It literally feels so poor. Graphically and control wise. A lot of stuff is similar, but then obviously it was going to be in the ball park.

It's just that it's up in row z of the ball park.

If you haven't played it yet, I wouldn't say don't get it.

I would strongly recommend getting a Cube to play it though.

It's not a disaster, but after playing the Cube version countless times, it's just not on the same level.

However I will persevere to see the new parts, which is the only reason I have 'bought' it.

TwisterGameX
Well, I haven't played any RE game since I got Resident Evil: Directors Cut for the Playstation something like 6 years ago. That game scared the hell out of me embarrasment

Part 4 will give you a heart attack then.

Alpha Centauri
Basically, it could be quite lame that you aren't up to scratch with the story. Though to be honest, if you're diving straight into 4, it's probably better that you aren't used to the classic RE style because RE 4 is completely new.

I would personally recommend getting them all and playing through them before starting 4 if storyline is your main concern. If not, then just get four. It's kind of stand-alone, with regards to the story, but it IS connected. It's also no SO far removed that you can't go back and pick up the story. Though I'm sure VVD (who probably recalls more of the story than I have, he's completed them all more times than me) could just fill you in on what's going on up to this point.

Or there are fan sites etc.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Lana you might get 2 games free with the GC if you buy it new..I dn..it depends on which store, but it will be worth it since all the old good games on the GC is like 9 dollars now...9...you heard me...9 dollars.

Victor Von Doom
It makes me feel strange to imagine someone has played RE1, on PS1, and none since then.

Reminds me of the concept of going into a coma and returning in the future having missed lots of good stuff.

Alpha Centauri
What's your favourite RE? Two en't? Or fo' now?

-AC

Lana
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It makes me feel strange to imagine someone has played RE1, on PS1, and none since then.

Reminds me of the concept of going into a coma and returning in the future having missed lots of good stuff.

I was 13 when I played it and it scared the hell out of me. Enough said stick out tongue

One of my friends loves RE though, so I'm sure I can get her to explain the story for me.

Alpha Centauri
I was 13 when I played it and it scared the hell out of me. Enough said stick out tongue

One of my friends loves RE though, so I'm sure I can get her to explain the story for me.

You haven't even played the Gamecube remake of the original yet. Or Zero, which is the prequel.

Tsk tsk.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

The crazy thing is that you haven't even played the remake.

Other person- my favourite is RE4.

TwisterGameX
4 is the best because of the controls and the camera angles

Lana
You haven't even played the Gamecube remake of the original yet. Or Zero, which is the prequel.

Tsk tsk.

-AC
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
The crazy thing is that you haven't even played the remake.

Other person- my favourite is RE4.

Yeah, lack of a Gamecube makes that slightly hard to do.....

TwisterGameX
I will have to buy you a GC Lana because all the good games on it are cheap now and the new ones like RE4 are good

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, lack of a Gamecube makes that slightly hard to do.....

Go into store and ask for one. Take it.

-AC

Lana
I will get a damn Gamecube eventually stick out tongue my brother and I were talking about buying one the other night since they're so cheap now.

Haha, AC. Hah.

TwisterGameX
Put your money together and get a cube!. you waited long enough lmao the new nintendo is coming out so thats a long time you waited.

Victor Von Doom
It's never too late to get a Cube.

The fact that it has lost out commercially convinces people (not suggesting that it has anyone here) that it isn't as good as the other two consoles, when I'd say it's better by a good margin.

Alpha Centauri
Put your money together and get a cube!. you waited long enough lmao the new nintendo is coming out so thats a long time you waited.

The Revolution isn't out till christmas 06 you nutcase.

-AC

TwisterGameX
I am going to start a thread called the best games for GC!!!

JToTheP
Does anyone own gameshark for Ps2 or GC? I was wondering if there is left over items in the game like in Zero.

BackFire
RE: Zero isn't very good, definately not worth buying a gamecube for. The whole throwing items on the ground thing in that game is a real pain, plus the game is pretty generic for a RE, more of a big sidequest then anything.

The RE remake is solid, but if you've already played the original on the PS then you won't find any significant changes other then graphics.

Also, you don't need to know the storyline to enjoy 4, the RE storyline is nothing spectacular anyways. Two of my friends played through RE4 without knowing the storyline for the series and loved it just as much as I did.

I'd just buy RE4 for the PS2 if you already have that system.

TwisterGameX
All the other RE had camera issues and bad controls(still fun) but re4 is perfect and fixed all that.

Alpha Centauri
Personally I think Zero is excellent.

The RE remake is solid, but if you've already played the original on the PS then you won't find any significant changes other then graphics.

RE remake, unlike RE 4 port, actually DOES have new chunks of active story changing developments. So it does have significant changes.

Also, you don't need to know the storyline to enjoy 4, the RE storyline is nothing spectacular anyways. Two of my friends played through RE4 without knowing the storyline for the series and loved it just as much as I did.

The storyline is excellent, in my opinion. Incredibly well put together. Intriguing. Plus they do an extremely good job of tying up loose ends while creating more avenues.

If you want RE 4 in it's best version, then you should get it on the Cube. It looks better, plays better. It doesn't have a couple of extra guns and alternate route, but if that's enough to warrant getting a lesser version of the game then don't judge the game's bad controls on the PS2 version.

Twister: You think they had bad controls? How come?

-AC

TwisterGameX
Just resident evil series before 4..well not really bad controls but the way you walk and run is gay, and shoot...aim..you know...

powerfulone1987
Well since I have both a Gamecube and a Playstation 2, I would get it for the Playstation 2, because whenever there's a game out for both systems I prefer the Playstation 2's controller.

Not in the case of the Prince of Persia games though.

Alpha Centauri
Well since I have both a Gamecube and a Playstation 2, I would get it for the Playstation 2, because whenever there's a game out for both systems I prefer the Playstation 2's controller.

Not in the case of the Prince of Persia games though.

She might actually want whichever is the better game though, you see.

-AC

powerfulone1987
HE,HE,HE,HE,HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew......

Yes it is.

Alpha Centauri
Either post properly and not like a retard having an epileptic attack, or don't post.

-AC

powerfulone1987
I'm gonna ignore that b/c you love to start with people.

But anyway the "HE HE HE HE"

Is ME telling YOU that i'm a HE and not a SHE.

I should add right now that i'm also an epileptic to clear that up right now.

BackFire
The best part of Zero was the train part. I enjoyed that. But once you get to the mansion it just feels like more of the same. Not a bad game by any means, but not up to par with the other main RE games.

I don't really remember any significant storyline alterations in the RE remake, but it's been a while since I've played it. What was changed? The only major change I remember was on the gameplay front with the running crimson heads.

The RE storylines are good compared to other games like it, but it's still pretty generic for what it is. Some fun little twists, but I dont' think most people play the RE games primarily for the storyline, most people play for the excitement and tension that the games consistantly offer. The storyline probably takes a back seat for most people to the outstanding gameplay, especially in 4 which has, in all honesty, some silly plot twists and a somewhat sloppy story while having outstanding gameplay and excitement.

I'd also like to hear how exactly the game plays better on the gamecube. This is the first I've heard that the gamecube version controling better. Haven't heard anything about this in reviews.

powerfulone1987
I bought RE Zero, but I never got past the train part b/c I just couldn't handle the game.
It was to creepy for me and I would get stomach pains from the constant nervousness of what's gonna jump out at me next.

And that moaning really gets to me.
And the fact that they move so slow also adds to the creepiness.
I got to the part where the train is about to crash and one person stays in the front part while the other person rushes the through the train to the back to enter the code.
But I never did that part cause I just stopped playing for a while and said I just couldn't do it because of the constant stomache pain. I even bought the strategy guide cause I thought I would be less affected if i knew what was going to happen...........I was wrong.
As i read how you had to run through the train through the zombies that might have made it worse, and then know what later zombies/creatures I would have to face. And then the size of the mansion and the areas, was just too much. And I didn't like how you had to keep track of two people.
Just wasn't for me. Even though I like the game and would have liked to play it, I just couldn't.
I even had to play with the light on. And I would sometimes ask my sister to come and watch me play. so that I would have some body else in the room with me.

Alpha Centauri
I'm gonna ignore that b/c you love to start with people.

But anyway the "HE HE HE HE"

Is ME telling YOU that i'm a HE and not a SHE.

I should add right now that i'm also an epileptic to clear that up right now.

Good thing that I didn't call you a she then isn't it buddy?

Backfire: I agree somewhat on the Zero front but then again, it was only ever meant to lay groundwork and it did so brilliantly. It could have been boring and shit, it wasn't.

In the RE remake, the whole debacle with Enrico in the underground mechanical area and Lisa Trevor is added. Lisa Trevor being the daughter experimented on by Mr. Spencer who owned the mansion and as a result, had a part in the Umbrella experiments in the Arklay Mountains. You discover who new chunks of story through the cabin areas where she used to live. Multiple notes letting you in on more of what happened. Obviously coming to a head with Barry and Chris/Jill fighting her in the underground tomb. It actually sheds light on what was the cause of things and who was involved rather than just giving you a bit of a different way through the game. It actually adds more to the story that wasn't included in the original.

If you didn't notice this was new then you probably didn't play the original.

I thought 4 had a story line that was, yes a bit rehashed from many other areas of film or game but it still did it better than most of them.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>