The Generals Gravity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tangible God
In the scene where Grievous's ship is upside down and the Neimodian pilot goes, "magnetize, magnetize!" The ship wasn't very damaged and it was in orbit, going upside down, as was everybody and everything in the ship.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there artificial gravity in even the smallest of ships, such as fighters? Why did that one not have it?

Atlantis001
Maybe the artificial gravity gen. device was damaged.

General Kaliero
the ship was actually pointed straight down towards Coruscant, and falling into the atmosphere. Even with so large a ship, going in at such an angle would definitely cause some odd gravitational interference. Even if the gravity generating device wasn't damaged, I imagine that the planet's gravity at such a steep angle would be felt.

Tangible God
Same goes for snubfighters, Star Destroyers , Mon Cal's, Millenium Falcon, and Troop Transports?

Atlantis001
Well if we accelerate even in space, and with or without gravity we will feel the aceleration.

Tangible God
But in SW, where they HAVE artificial gravity?

Atlantis001
Where in the ship you mean ?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Well if we accelerate even in space, and with or without gravity we will feel the aceleration.

They have inertial compensators that stop that effect of it would take years at high g's to achieve speeds rountinely seen in SW.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Where in the ship you mean ? After 1000's of years of battles, ships would be designed so that only if someone sabotaged the generator would the gravity be affected. And GG's ship was not too damaged at that point.

Tru_Slice
Maybe they had made some advancements by the time the Millenium Falcon came around.

GG's ship was pretty crude if you ask me.

Probably borrowed it from "Fast Eddy's Space Lot" to make a quick kiddnapping and a getaway.

Ushgarak
You know what I say about Star Wars and logic...

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Ushgarak
You know what I say about Star Wars and logic...

"Star Wars is a completely logical universe. Geez, Lucas is as meticulous as Tolkien."

?

Ushgarak
Tolkien was WAY away from logic! That's why all these attempts to get a rational framework about everything that happend in LOTR is doomed.

Star Wars and logic make very poor bedfellows.

Lana
Unless it's Star Wars logic, which really isn't logical at all....

stick out tongue

Tangible God
Yeah trying your head around the Silmarillion. You can understand it, but CHRIST it's out there.

Gryn Jabar
Well, for the smaller fighters, the guys are obviously strapped in tightly, so we don't know if they their own gravity projection. BTW, this is relying on OUR universe's gravity, as some theories state that in other universes, gravity is much stronger or less strong, or doens't even play by our rules!

Captain REX
Try planets, let alone universes.

And I think we should assume that the gravity is the same as ours in Star Wars, for all planets; as of yet, we have not seen any bodies that had gravity higher or lower than our own.

Gryn Jabar
Unless somehow they've been altered to adapt to human/whatever's tolerance.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Well, for the smaller fighters, the guys are obviously strapped in tightly, so we don't know if they their own gravity projection. BTW, this is relying on OUR universe's gravity, as some theories state that in other universes, gravity is much stronger or less strong, or doens't even play by our rules! In no movie have we yet seen some hovering strand of hair or flap of a robe.

overlord
Originally posted by Lana
Unless it's Star Wars logic, which really isn't logical at all....

stick out tongue

For a sci-fi SW is all still quite understandable, most science fiction doesn't give a crap if you don't understand their stuff.
But Lucas could've cut down of the explanations in the PT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.