I "Superman Returns" actually "Superman 2.5"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I heard that "Superman Returns" takes place after the events of "Superman 2" meaning it's really the prequel to "Superman 3"? If so how can that be. How disorganized can and will the franchise be if it's true. Why not place it after "Superman 4 Quest for peace" But then the problem wth that is that the Superman in "Returns" would look to young. But i'snt the Superman in Returns a young Superman anyway, cancelling out any oppertunity for him to appear in anything after 2? "Superman Returns" couldv'e taken place after "Superman 1 the movie" That would've been more sensible.

I dont Know! ,lol

i have high hopes for the film but when does it take place. Before in-between or after?

roughrider
It's supposed to be between 2 and 3; his adopted mother is still alive (now being played by Eva Marie Saint), by 3 she had passed away.
I just read the plot blurb on this site, and I don't get what the f**k they are doing. He dies fighting the other kryptonians? That didn't happen. Lex Luthor is a CIA agent? I don't know what they are doing!

Mindship
I have a very bad feeling about this movie.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Mindship
I have a very bad feeling about this movie.

I and I have a very GooD feeling about this movie!

eek!

eleveninches
Its not connected to the original films. THey were PREcrisis.
Superman returns is POSTcrisis

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by eleveninches

I heard that it takes place after the events of Superman 2. That sound connected to me.

eleveninches
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I heard that it takes place after the events of Superman 2. That sound connected to me. well, im just ASSUMING that it's post-crisis.

tlbauerle

The events of Superman Returns use the first two films as continuity. Especially considering the eventual re-release of a Superman II director's cut...the original Donner cut.

Ron Jeremy
We are supposed to ignore 3 onwards - which is easy it takes place after Gog and co have ravaged Metropolis and Washington. Singer saw no point in remaking the orrigin as everyone is familiar with the basic plot. Last Son of Krypton, Rocketed to Earth from a dying planet, blah, blah, blah - So he went with this - adding post crisis characters, I think it's a great concept.

Dark_as_Knight
the new movie is not directly connected to the older ones. the events take place after the second one, but they aren't directly connected. he uses 1 and 2 as a foundation, but this is an all new series of films; or should be depending on how the first one does. 3 and 4 don't and won't come into play. so yea... they're connected, but they're not. with that said.... i'm looking forward to this movie.

Ultimate Hulk43
well, im just ASSUMING that it's post-crisis.

Actually,I think it's rather a mix of both Pre-Crisis Superman and Post-Crisis Superman.

Ken Kenobi
Ok, if this is AFTER Superman II, why are they showing the scenes of Clark as a boy again? It's making no sense. To me it sounds like they are showing his origins again.

tlbauerle
I think its a flash back...Supes is sort of re-discovering himself and who he is.

soleran30
Yeah know I really enjoyed the first 2 supermen movies and when I saw them in the theatres I still get nostalgic flashbackssmile I am looking forward to this 2.5.

As far as feats though in 1 and 2 the only presrisis power I remember him doing was turning back time spinning around the world superfast to bring back loissmile

vader519
We see Clark as a young boy because they are flashbacks, tlbauerle is right.

botcherby
its the Batman Begins soup, except they're focussing less on origin...

but Brian Singer apparantly came up with the film idea when he was a junior... you can start panicing.... to me it sounds true, cos' only a kid would say "hey wouldn't it be cool if lois has a baby when supes ain't around?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.