Thing vs. Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scotsmn
Venom is more versatile but Thing has strength advantage. I'm not sure which is more durable.

Spawnrules
good thread

Wynndar
This would be a good fight

NoFate007
Venom.

Spawnrules
too hard, id say venom

scotsmn
Couldn't Thing break Venom's neck or back? How durable is Venom exactly? I think Thing would end up wearing Venom out.

Smaxxer
If Venom plays it smart, he wins. If he fights like a retard, he'll go down hard.

X-Logan
Thing...much stronger.

Venom is outclassed.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by X-Logan
Thing...much stronger.

Venom is outclassed.

big grin

I concur...

But a fun one to see.

DrDoom101
aint evn close, thing.

scotsmn
So if Venom doesn't have what it takes, does that mean Spiderman doesn't either?

Spawnrules
no, spiderman is super strong, he takes out people ten times his size, he even defeated hulk like 3 or fourr times, but think, out of 5 fights lost to hulk 4 times, the only reason for that was cause thing defeated gray hulk

Magic_attack
huh?

Ultimate Hulk43
This would be a good one but I think Venom would win.Like someone said,if he plays it smart he could win.But if he goes for an all out brawl and just tries using his fists isntead of his brains,then the Thing will win.Venom just needs to use the speed advantage he has and he will win.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Spawnrules
no, spiderman is super strong, he takes out people ten times his size, he even defeated hulk like 3 or fourr times, but think, out of 5 fights lost to hulk 4 times, the only reason for that was cause thing defeated gray hulk
spiderman is 15 tons
venom is 40 tons
just so u know

Ultimate Hulk43
I thought Venom could lift 100 tons?

outavodka
"Once FF saved Spidey from death"Thing and Venom have danced. Venom couldnt do anything to Thing until he tryed stuffin his tounge down Thing's throuht to choke him to death but was stopd by the othr FF

So I sayIf thing keeps his mouth closed he'll get the job done.

Spawnrules
Originally posted by wolverine8888
spiderman is 15 tons
venom is 40 tons
just so u know
actually this site tells that venom can only lift 15 tons

wolverine8888
what site? a non official site lol

Scoobless
Originally posted by outavodka
So I sayIf thing keeps his mouth closed he'll get the job done.

what about his eyes and nose?... or other, cruder, orifices?

AcousticDoc
If venom keeps his distance and uses his medium range attacks to wear out thing a little bit he'll win.

outavodka
eh... i dunno Thing shruggs off quite a bit. and if venoms pissn him off its a diff story.
Besides Venom isnt known for the whole ranged attack thing anyway

TheKahn
I think you'd have to worry about Venom wearing out before Ben.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

I say the Thing takes it. I don't see how Venom could really hurt him from a distance, and if he got in close to attempt to smother Thing then Venom gets a broken neck or back.

v3n0m
Here's a pic about the title.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by v3n0m
Here's a pic about the title.

actaualy that a pick of the second venom who is far more powerful

Jvenom
That is not a pic of the second Venom. That is a pic of the orginal symbiote. Besides the orginal Venom beat the second Venom so how is he more powerful.

samishe
Venom wins this fight.

Venom Dude No.1
Originally posted by scotsmn
Venom is more versatile but Thing has strength advantage. I'm not sure which is more durable. Venom is more durable, c'mon he shrugged off juggernauts hits with a literal smile in the first part of the Madness mini-series and was still alive and kicking. Venom takes this, why? Because he has something that The Thing doesnt have: A 'spider-sense'. Not to mention that Venom has superhuman agility. Combining these two things, it would be pretty impossible for Thing to throw a punch on Venom. Venom has also more weapons then Thing has, he can suffocate Thing with symbiote tendrils, he can web him up and just eat the brain or whatever Thing has that comes to a brain and many more... The ONLY way for Thing to put Venom down is by a ploat device, for example using a sonic gun, because Thing wont get far by brute strength.

inamilist
Originally posted by Venom Dude No.1
Venom is more durable, c'mon he shrugged off juggernauts hits with a literal smile in the first part of the Madness mini-series and was still alive and kicking. Venom takes this, why? Because he has something that The Thing doesnt have: A 'spider-sense'. Not to mention that Venom has superhuman agility. Combining these two things, it would be pretty impossible for Thing to throw a punch on Venom. Venom has also more weapons then Thing has, he can suffocate Thing with symbiote tendrils, he can web him up and just eat the brain or whatever Thing has that comes to a brain and many more... The ONLY way for Thing to put Venom down is by a ploat device, for example using a sonic gun, because Thing wont get far by brute strength.

i was going to say

Venom 'theoretically' should be able to stand up to anyone that spidey does (not beat, just fight) because he has the same powers as S-man, just not as developed of a SS or agi. (im sure im missing some)

however, venom is WAY faster than the thing.

People give way too much credit to bruisers. Sure, if thing grabbed venom he could crush him (i wont argue this point, but i think its wrong as well)

all venom needs to do is hang out on a wall and web/suspend Thing with the symbiot in mid air. ya, not easy, but more likely than Thing landing a punch on venom when he cant get within 10 meters.

everyone puts too much credit in just numbers and stats. Yes, thing is far more powerful strength and duribility wise than venom, but this is a mobility issue. Simple brawlers CANNOT hold their own against HIGHLY MOBILE characters, regardless of str.

its why spidey beats the hulk

venom chills in the air, up walls, and thing is simply outclassed

golem370
When Venom first introduced he was only 700pounds stronger Marvel just rounded it up to 11 tons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.