Coke to phase out Vanilla Coke in U.S

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prince Nauj
good thing to I hated it and it always made my stomach hurt. Im a fan of the original coke and always will be.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051104/bs_nm/food_coke_dc

Lana
I love Vanilla Coke....

Damn.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, I laugh. Might go drink some Vanilla Coke.

-AC

Lana
Shut up stick out tongue

Meh, not like I drink it very much anyway. I do like it though. Oh well. So long as they don't get rid of Cherry Coke.

Mr _Whirlysplat
Its a shame I love it

Capt_Fantastic
I never had it. I don't drink dark sodas. It's like drinking tar, in my opinion. And Vanilla Coke certainly never sounded tempting enough to make me reconsider my stance.

Jedi Priestess
eh no biggie since I drink Pepsi! wink

Lana
As do I, but Vanilla Pepsi's not as good as Vanilla Coke, I find. Same with Cherry Coke and Cherry Pepsi.

Deano
vanilla coke is horrible, what were they thinking

Imaginary
Have I mentioned how much I love Australia?

BackFire
Good, Vanilla Coke is awful.

WindDancer
As long as they leave Cherry Coke alone, I have no problem.

Deano
cherry coke is nice

coke with lemon is ridiculous

Mr _Whirlysplat
I like regular and diet best of cokes - but with lime and cherry are good. Dr Pepper is still better tasting than all of them. shifty Actually the kind of coke you cut has been fun in the past wink

Arachnoidfreak
Noooooo, my vanilla flavored cocaine!

Oh. Not that coke? Nevermind.

KidRock
Coke is for sissys.

Pepsi is where its at.

Deano
both are great

Mr _Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Deano
both are great

Agreed - I still prefer Dr Pepper smile

RedAlertv2
so whirly how many times you gonna change ur name?

whobdamandog
Real men drink Generic Cola!!

whobdamandog
Whirly is becoming the P Diddy of the forumn. Next time we have to throw him a name changing ceremony.

kmcdude
DR PEPPER

tabby999
meh to Vanilla Coke, actually, MEH to coke in general, i drink way to much of that shit at work. pepsi's horrible too, but i dont mind Pepsi Max

Imperial_Samura
I wonder what the coke executives were thinking "Our unpleasant soft drink is alread the most popular in the world, but I want more.... what do we do?"

"Uh... why don't with mix it with flavours that don't work well together? Coke with.... Vanilla! Coke with.... LIME! Coke with.... CHERRY!!!!"

"Genius Roger, get on it right away, well make millions! To go with the billions we already have!"

Then of course the Pepsi people panic and go "What can we do to deal with this threat? I know, instead of changing the taste, we'll change the colour!!! Blue pepsi! Clear Pepsi! God I'm good."

Ulven
I took one zip from the bottle then threw it away for good sick

Back then I worked on a gas station (I'm a student smart ), and we sold away all the bottles at a price of 1NOK,the normal price in gas stations here in Norway is 15NOK. You needn't be a genious to understand that vanilla coke wasn't much of a success in Norway...

Personally I only drink the real deal when it comes to black beverages, and that's Coke, tastes much better than Pepsi.

I did however enjoy Crystal Pepsi

Edit: Oops way too many smileys in one short post, four in the count.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I wonder what the coke executives were thinking "Our unpleasant soft drink is alread the most popular in the world, but I want more.... what do we do?"

"Uh... why don't with mix it with flavours that don't work well together? Coke with.... Vanilla! Coke with.... LIME! Coke with.... CHERRY!!!!"

"Genius Roger, get on it right away, well make millions! To go with the billions we already have!"

Then of course the Pepsi people panic and go "What can we do to deal with this threat? I know, instead of changing the taste, we'll change the colour!!! Blue pepsi! Clear Pepsi! God I'm good."

Makes me wish I were an executive at one of the major cola companies.

You got a hand it to them though..they've managed to market an abundant natural resource(water), just by adding sugar and carbonizing it. This process probably costs them less then a penny per can. They then proceed to sell each canned soda at 300% markup. If that ain't marketing genius, I don't know what else is.

whobdamandog
They've become even more slick now a days..rather then go the extra mile and add sugar/carbination...they now just bottle the water by itself(ie Aquafina, Dasani..etc) and sell it at 400% markup. Marketing genius I tell ya.

Capt_Fantastic
Actually, bottled water is the higest selling beverage, it out sells colas something like three to one if I remember the numbers correctly.

Mr _Whirlysplat
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
so whirly how many times you gonna change ur name?

I don't know........ Lots maybe smile

Mr _Whirlysplat
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Whirly is becoming the P Diddy of the forumn. Next time we have to throw him a name changing ceremony.

laughing More like the Cassius Clay of the forum smile

WrathfulDwarf
I finally tasted that New Black Cherry Vanilla Coke yesterday. And it is quite good! I like it! happy

Bardock42
Hmm, I like Vanilla Coke...actualy I might just drink some Right now...screw you America (you've got Mountain Dew though...damn Germany sucks).

Eis
Originally posted by Lana
I love Vanilla Coke....

Damn.
same here.. but its still out here though... im addicted to it.

WrathfulDwarf
Mountain Dew is so-so. I'd prefer Mist over the Dew.

btw-do you guys have those "Do the Dew" commercials in Germany?

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Mountain Dew is so-so. I'd prefer Mist over the Dew.

btw-do you guys have those "Do the Dew" commercials in Germany?
Since we don't have Mountain Dew...jsut how high are the chances for that?

Mist is just like Sprite, right? No difference at all....Mist means Crap in german by the way. Wonder why they don't produce it for the german market.

If Mountain Dew was a woman I'd love to have sex with her....I'd have to betray her with Dr. Pepper though.....that sounded gayer than it was supposed to.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, you don't have Mountain Dew in Germany. I see...and yes Sprite and Mist are pretty similar.

Lana
I finally tasted that New Black Cherry Vanilla Coke yesterday. And it is quite good! I like it! happy

I loooove that stuff.

debbiejo
Never had a Vanilla Coke.

Bardock42
Oh, you don't have Mountain Dew in Germany. I see...and yes Sprite and Mist are pretty similar.
sad .... you hurt my feelings soo much. Why is mountain Dew green by the way...I've got a Kryptonite theory....

Does Mist taste better for some odd reason?

Eis
I finally tasted that New Black Cherry Vanilla Coke yesterday. And it is quite good! I like it! happy Originally posted by Lana
I loooove that stuff.
You're crazy... it's disgusting. stick out tongue

PS: Lana, do u take sig requests?

Maya Zurak
I like Vanilla Coke.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Lana
I loooove that stuff.

Can you imagine how an Black cherry vanilla coke Ice Cream float might taste?! eek!

I can't wait for the summer time. cool

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
You're crazy... it's disgusting. stick out tongue

PS: Lana, do u take sig requests?

I usually insult people I ask for a favor, too.

Bardock42
Can you imagine how an Black cherry vanilla coke Ice Cream float might taste?! eek!

got what's ujp with you americans and being disgusting....I will make this easy for you:

Soda/Pop + Ice Cream = Disgusting

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bardock42
sad .... you hurt my feelings soo much. Why is mountain Dew green by the way...I've got a Kryptonite theory....

Does Mist taste better for some odd reason?

That is a good question. I guess it has to do with lemon-lime theory of fountain drinks.

*ponders*

debbiejo
got what's ujp with you americans and being disgusting....I will make this easy for you:

No it's not.......It's good and fizzy.

Bardock42
That is a good question. I guess it has to do with lemon-lime theory of fountain drinks.

*ponders*
Lemon-lime theory....sounds strange....very....like...Peanut-Butter-and-Jelly-Sandwich

Stop pondering...tell me.

Eis
I usually insult people I ask for a favor, too.
it was a joke, her sig says "I dont take sig requests" stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf

no

Never had a Root Beer Float? Try one. They're delicious! cool

Maya Zurak
Cola + Lemon Ice = ok ^^
Cola + beer = oh no xD

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
it was a joke, her sig says "I dont take sig requests" stick out tongue

Mine was a joke too...although I have to admit that I didn't see that it doesn't take anything fro the greatness of my humour.

no

Never had a Root Beer Float? Try one. They're delicious! cool

I have seen them...had to throw up three days straight afterwards (By the way Root Beer is rather untasty on its own anyways.

debbiejo
no

Never had a Root Beer Float? Try one. They're delicious! cool yes

fini
hmmmmmm never had ice cream and soda.

gotta go try that, any recommendations.

Lana

It's good yes I make floats anytime we have soda and icecream at the same time big grin I had a rootbeer float last night.

Bardock42
Originally posted by fini
hmmmmmm never had ice cream and soda.

gotta go try that, any recommendations.
Yeah, shot yourself before you do.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, shot yourself before you do.

I Homer Simpson laughed when I saw this.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I Homer Simpson laughed when I saw this.

-AC

You, Homer Simpson, seem to have a good kind of humour.

ladygrim
vanilla coke is nasty as hell sick

§cooter
I loved Vanilla Coke with a passion.

Anyways, Black Cherry Vanilla is ok smile

WrathfulDwarf
Vanilla Coke wasn't selling enough. So the guys at Coke decided to mix in the formula with Cherry Coke. And Cherry Coke has been a suscess for more than a decade. They figured that it would spark interest on the fans of Cherry Coke....and it does.

Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Pepper already had a cherry vanilla soda before coke even cut its vanilla coke line.

Wow. What a pun. If you caught the pun, it was totally intended. If you didn't, then no it wasnt.

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Pepper already had a cherry vanilla soda before coke even cut its vanilla coke line.

heh nice smile

K.Diddy
Vanilla coke= sick

River Wild
Its sad because i love vanilla coke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.