Deleted scenes on ROTS DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess Lyla
Well Here I'm posting something that truly bothered me, because I bought the dvd but, I feel that many of the deleted scenes would have been keys to linking the two trilogies together, I don't know what you guys think...no worries smile

Darth_Vader05
Dont even bother posting them every one has them already and if they havnt then they should get the DVD.

Princess Lyla
I know but don't you think letting some of them out was a mistake?

JKozzy
blink

Princess Lyla
I just want to discuss the fact that there are scenes that were cut that were vital to explaining the origin of the rebel alliance, like the introduction of a young Mon Mothma, the arrival of Yoda at the swamp, etc. those were key scenes to linking the trilogies together and they were left out, I'm just saying that I think it was a mistake to leave them out.

chinabing
Yea sometimes they leave them out because the "flow" of the movie is interrupted by them. They always say "it didn't move the story along, so it was cut." I like a tightly edited movie, and I think the Padme Family deleted scenes in Ep II were interesting, but not that important. (It was nice to see Solo & Mr & Mrs Amidala/Naberry whatever in the ROTS finale, though, even if non-deleted-scene viewers didn't know who they were.)

I wish they had put a Dagobah scene in there, but I wanted to see Yoda, Obi-Wan AND Luke land on Dagobah. That way there would have been a payoff in "Empire" where Luke says "There's something familiar about this place." But you can't always get what you want. And now I know Luke's Dagobah soliloquey was from a dream.

I think Lucas cared less about making payoffs to the next movies than making a good story. Sure the pieces fell together, but that wasn't most important, the story was. Look at how important Luke getting his father's lightsaber was in Ep IV. I always thought it would be this big, monumental moment, like King Arthur pulling the sword from the stone. But no, Obi-Wan just picks it up off the ground! Simple yet meaningful.

darthmaul1
Putting those rebellion scenes in wouldn't of made any sense. cause it makes it look like Padme and Bail and the rest knew what palpatine was up to before order 66 was instigated.

the shaak ti scene sucked
and yoda on dagohba was cool to see, and could of been added but it's no great loss.

Dan Skywalker
Originally posted by Princess Lyla
I just want to discuss the fact that there are scenes that were cut that were vital to explaining the origin of the rebel alliance, like the introduction of a young Mon Mothma, the arrival of Yoda at the swamp, etc. those were key scenes to linking the trilogies together and they were left out, I'm just saying that I think it was a mistake to leave them out.

I couldnt agree with you more. Those scenes should never have been cut or at least re-inserted in the DVD. If anything they join the two trilogys together and fill in the gaps for characters back storys and events in episodes 4,5,6

Stun
The Yoda scene was left out because the fate of the Skywalker family was more important. Besides, we dont really need to know where Yoda went. Secondly, the Delegation of 2000 was left out because it happened at a point of the movie where the pace was very upbeat. Adding this scene would of thrown the whole movie offbeat, as much as i wanted to see this scene played out in the film. If George played around with the script, he might just of found room to slot it in.

Princess Lyla
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Putting those rebellion scenes in wouldn't of made any sense. cause it makes it look like Padme and Bail and the rest knew what palpatine was up to before order 66 was instigated.

the shaak ti scene sucked
and yoda on dagohba was cool to see, and could of been added but it's no great loss.

Thanks Dan, but now to what darthmaul1 said.
Everyone knew especially Bail and Padme that Palpatine was up to something, they only did not know exactly what and how far he'd go to get it, if you watch the movie again, Padme talked about her concern with Anakin and even requested him to stop the fighting and let democracy resume, this meeting in the deleted scenes took place before that conversation and that's what makes Padme think about possibly being on the wrong side.

About the scene of Shaak Ti it really did suck and obi-wan's last dialogue in that scene was totally inexcusable. Yoda on dagobah would have been the last link to the trilogy as to where he went.

Here's a situation to think about:

You have a friend who's never seen a single star wars movie because he simply wasn't interested, but since too many people recommended it to him he wants to watch them all at your house, when he gets to episode 4 after watching ROTS, the first question he's gonna ask is...
1.- Why does ben kenobi not remember R2?
2.- When and how was the rebel alliance formed?
3. -Why do the ships in Episode 1 to 3 look better than these in Ep. 4 to 6?
Then he'll watch episode 5.
4.- How did yoda end up there at dagobah I didn't see him arrive there, I would have thought he stayed with senator organna?
5.- Why does Vader even knowing the name of Luke he doesn't recognize him and then suddenly call himself his dad?
after watching episode 6.
6.- Why does Anakin look all white and old, he looks at least ten years younger than Obiwan so in the prequels he shouldn't have been too young and Obi wan should have been much older, the time between each trilogy is just off don't you think?
7.- Why in the end Anakin keeps his young image and Obi-Wan his old one, that's not fair?

So there are mistakes, but we love it none the less, nobody is perfect and it's George's story but I just wanted to point that out because it's something that actually happened to me with my Grandfather...

Darth_Veav
Originally posted by Princess Lyla
Thanks Dan, but now to what darthmaul1 said.
Everyone knew especially Bail and Padme that Palpatine was up to something, they only did not know exactly what and how far he'd go to get it, if you watch the movie again, Padme talked about her concern with Anakin and even requested him to stop the fighting and let democracy resume, this meeting in the deleted scenes took place before that conversation and that's what makes Padme think about possibly being on the wrong side.

About the scene of Shaak Ti it really did suck and obi-wan's last dialogue in that scene was totally inexcusable. Yoda on dagobah would have been the last link to the trilogy as to where he went.

Here's a situation to think about:

You have a friend who's never seen a single star wars movie because he simply wasn't interested, but since too many people recommended it to him he wants to watch them all at your house, when he gets to episode 4 after watching ROTS, the first question he's gonna ask is...
1.- Why does ben kenobi not remember R2?
2.- When and how was the rebel alliance formed?
3. -Why do the ships in Episode 1 to 3 look better than these in Ep. 4 to 6?
Then he'll watch episode 5.
4.- How did yoda end up there at dagobah I didn't see him arrive there, I would have thought he stayed with senator organna?
5.- Why does Vader even knowing the name of Luke he doesn't recognize him and then suddenly call himself his dad?
after watching episode 6.
6.- Why does Anakin look all white and old, he looks at least ten years younger than Obiwan so in the prequels he shouldn't have been too young and Obi wan should have been much older, the time between each trilogy is just off don't you think?
7.- Why in the end Anakin keeps his young image and Obi-Wan his old one, that's not fair?

So there are mistakes, but we love it none the less, nobody is perfect and it's George's story but I just wanted to point that out because it's something that actually happened to me with my Grandfather...

1) Obi-Wan never said he doesnt remember R2, but he never owned any droids.
2)Bail Organa made it?
3)Cause War was over?
4)Dont KNow
5) In Empire Strikes Back, Emperor tells Darth Vader Luke Skywalker is the son of Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader says 'Hows that possible?'
6)Dont KNow
7)Dont know

Stun
7) - Anakin's spirit went back to when he was a Jedi, and the same with Obi-Wan.

I thought EVERYONE knew that

SS_181st_Snow
Speaking of deleated scenes, does anyone notice the black guy, I think it's the 2nd deleted scene, looks and sounds a lot like SAJ? Hmm, methinks Mace Windu DID survive lol. But seriously, listen to him when he talks.

Stun
Thats Giddean Danu, and yes he sounds alot like SLJ

starwarsrules14
I think the deleted scenes were better left out. They would have, as someone else stated, interupt the flow of the movie. And as for question number 3. Why do the ships in episode 1 through 3 look better than the ones in episode 4 through 6, if you really think about it they live in a more civilized environment in the prequels. The empire kind of took away the grandeur of the Republic and its wealth.

masterkit
I just want the Shaak Ti part of that scene and the Dagobah scene

Stun
well they usually add extra lil scenes to the DVD like they did with TPM and AOTC - but they didnt add anything to ROTS, and for good reason. It didnt need changing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.