No more DVD for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Well, I'm taking a brand new hobby in my life. Which will be eating my wallet a lot. And I think my DVD collection is practically complete. There could be some titles or future releases that might interest me. But I can live without them for moment. Quite frankly I have all the movies that I want in my collection. I would like to thank the following stores for helping me put together my DVD list.

Wal-Mart
Amoeba Music and Movies
Fry's Electronics
Sam's Club
DVD Planet (online and stores)
Amazon.com
Best Buy

I'm not retiring but just putting my DVD purchases on hold for quite a while. Any of you want to do the same? Feel free to post here. big grin

Cinemaddiction
*clutches his new purchases*

NOOOOOOOOOO WAY!

What's taking you our of the game, might I ask, good sir? Havin' a kid? That's about the only thing that would detract me.

tabby999
he's going to Clown Collage, needs all the money he can get for seltzer bottles and baggy pants

Nevermind
Funny enough, I've basically started to get my collection off the ground.

Impediment
Having my daughter is what severely affected my slowing down on purchasing DVD's. Now I buy at max 5 a month. Before I became a dad, I bought like 20 a month or more.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by WindDancer
Well, I'm taking a brand new hobby in my life. Which will be eating my wallet a lot. And I think my DVD collection is practically complete. There could be some titles or future releases that might interest me. But I can live without them for moment. Quite frankly I have all the movies that I want in my collection. I would like to thank the following stores for helping me put together my DVD list.

Wal-Mart
Amoeba Music and Movies
Fry's Electronics
Sam's Club
DVD Planet (online and stores)
Amazon.com
Best Buy

I'm not retiring but just putting my DVD purchases on hold for quite a while. Any of you want to do the same? Feel free to post here. big grin

Whats your new hobby?

It happens to the best of us man. I was collecting hordes of movies until I really got back into comic collecting again with no sign of stopping in the future.

Dr. Strangelove
I haven't bought a DVD in so long. Just been obsessed with music this past year and a half. I mostly rent DVD's right now.

Will be getting a ton of DVD's for my birthday and Christmas though.

Xtremechik2
I could never stop buying, my friends say I have an addiction lol.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
What's taking you our of the game, might I ask, good sir? Havin' a kid? That's about the only thing that would detract me.

Practically all the DVDs I wanted to own are already in my collection. The CH Limited Edition was the last dvd I was waiting for to be released. Maybe somewhere in the future I might start again. Maybe if the rumor LOTR enormous collection box set is release I'll start again. For now my collection is complete.

Originally posted by tabby999
he's going to Clown Collage, needs all the money he can get for seltzer bottles and baggy pants

And you can join me if you like. yes

Warhammer Dwarfs big grin

tabby999
hey hey! WARHAMMER! i used to collect 40k Orks, man i spent some cash on that. i have a 2,500 point army, not to mention the stuff i havn't put together. i must have spent a few thousand on it, not to mention buying White Dwarf for a few years at $10 a pop. still love the storys but i dont have the time for the game itself anymore

lord krondor
What is Warhammer and how is it worth spending thousands of dollars on? I don't even spend that on strippers. Male strippers. Gay male strippers.

tabby999
its a game, you buy model armys and fight with them, its like Dungens And Dragons on a grand scale. put warhammer in google and you'll see

Ken Kenobi
It's a dorks game. yes stick out tongue

lord krondor
In fact I did put 'Warhammer' into Google, but the only thing that came up was, "Are you a homosexual?" I was very confused to say the least. But after reading your description of the game I have come to understand what Google was asking. I mean you would have to be a homo in order to play that game. Google will never cease to amaze me.

tabby999
sure its a geeks game, and i'm sure there are some gay people who enjoy it too, but acting like and ass and branding us all as gay is pretty immature

lord krondor
sure its a geeks game, and i'm sure there are some gay people who enjoy it too, but acting like and ass and branding us all as gay is pretty immature

Well I'm not calling the people in this thread gay. It was only my 'belief' (with the aid of the all-powerful Google) that you would have to be non-heterosexual in order to get enjoyment from that game. Since I have never played it, nor meet in person someone who I knew to play it, I couldn't make an accurate judgement. And it's immature of you to say otherwise.

WindDancer
hey hey! WARHAMMER! i used to collect 40k Orks, man i spent some cash on that. i have a 2,500 point army, not to mention the stuff i havn't put together. i must have spent a few thousand on it, not to mention buying White Dwarf for a few years at $10 a pop. still love the storys but i dont have the time for the game itself anymore

My White Dwarf subscrition is $60 a year. I skipped the whole starting kit box set and head straight to build my dwarf regiment. Next week I'll be adding my Trollslayers and hopefully I will be adding Gotrek and Felix!

I friggin excited! I'm really getting into it and loving every minute reading how to build an army. big grin

tabby999
i bought a Army Stater Kit, then bulked out the troops with 4 mobs of Boyz, then another starter kit, then ghazghul thrakka, then a basilisk, some more boys, a land raider and some burna boyz....well lets say i was pretty into it for a while.

Bungee_toad
much like OB1-adobe i also got bak into comic collecting but in no way wold i ever stop collection dvds. dvds are wicked.

Nevermind
Originally posted by lord krondor
nor meet in person someone who I knew to play it

You've never met a person who has played it? wow. I tonnes of people that play it, although I don't. It's fairly popular down here.

U_CHODE
hey kul on the warhammer, i colect the lord of the rings version i play as good army but somethimes bad, im a bad as* at it lol laughing out loud

WindDancer
Now remenber...No more DVD for me does not mean....No more renting DVD. I still visit my local Hollywood video store. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.