Jedi Agressors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
something i noticed a while back but always forget to discuss, is in ep 3, in every duel the jedi are the ones to go looking for the fight, and they are always the first to ignight their saber. just an interesting observation, so much for the form 0 rule. maybe lucas was indicating that the jedi had gotten desperate and were losing their way. the dark side had almost eclipsed the light and they were begining to fall away from the jedi code.

Sir Mist
What the hell is form 0?What the f**k?

I'd be the first to ignite my saber as well if I had to face Dooku/Grievous/Sidious/Anakin...

Decay
form 0 is the idea that unless you have absolutly no choice you should never use your saber. talking and finding alternate solutions are alway supposed to be the number one priority. i get that most of the time they didnt have a choice but to fight, but i wonder if having the jedi ignight their saber first was a concious thing in the mind of lucas and what the significant of it is. yoda did it, obi wan did it, mace and his jedi did it. maul was the first to ignight his in ep one and i think dooku was in 2.

Sesse
Perhaps the jedi just know that there is no talking with the darkside?

Or eaven better: Perhaps they foresee that there will be no alternative? =P

truejedi
I think that the Jedi look for a diplomatic solution first in most situations, but when facing the sith, they are intent on destroying them. The Jedi can't seem to grasp any other alternative except destroying the dark side. They seem to believe it can't be reasoned with, except for Luke, and he's the hero. Mace seemed surprised that Anakin would even think of any other option than destroying the emperor.

Bicnarok
I think the jedi are just as arrogant, bloodthirsty and power control freaks as the sith, but in a shroud of do gooders white robes.

Alliance
Woah! Thats a little extreme. I think its just a simple statement of how the Clone Wars has changed the Jedi, they to have been implicated in this adventure...and it has corrupted them. They no longer follow the rules of the Order or Form 0 so its called. Though I do think that Bicnarok can appreciate the power of a clone army led by the Jedi and masterminded by the Sith.

overlord
Re: Jedi Agressors

Pfff.. I see no jedi who went crazy except for Anakin.
If the jedi would have survived they would probably continue like nothing had happened, I don't think there would be much more rebellious jedi than normal.

Sure they went looking for fights because they had to put a stop to insane bastards like Anakin, Dooku, Grievous and Sidious. If they really would have waited for them to come to them the sith would easily take over and shit, well you know what I mean.. The sith had done enough to be considered a universal threat.
In this case, the jedi had to police..

Ushgarak
Bicnarok is talking extreme rubbish as ever.

Jedi are ARMED protectors of the people. They pick their fights carefully in defence of the Republic. That is their job.

People who try to read pacifism into the Jedi totally miss the point of who they are.

Dr.Gumby
Originally posted by Decay
something i noticed a while back but always forget to discuss, is in ep 3, in every duel the jedi are the ones to go looking for the fight, and they are always the first to ignight their saber. just an interesting observation, so much for the form 0 rule. maybe lucas was indicating that the jedi had gotten desperate and were losing their way. the dark side had almost eclipsed the light and they were begining to fall away from the jedi code.

well what do you want them to say"here go ahead and cut my head off so i have a fair reason to fight" stick out tongue

starwarsrules14
Its a war. The Jedi are looking for peace for the Republic, if that means chopping off a few heads, thats what they will do.

Lightning_Count
It's in their Job Quota, "kill at least one Sith to remain on the Council"

Tangible God
So if you came across the Leaders of the Separtists, especially Grievous, Dooku, and Sidious, you WOULDN'T ignite your saber?

C'mon, 3 years of warring against lifeless droids, and other enemies of the Republic AND the Jedi, without diplomatic solutions, and you'd suggest for the Force-using defenders and generals of the Republic to sit idly by and let everything they stand for get blown away before taking the offensive?

The Jedi use reason and common-sense.

Let's see, I get a gun pointed at me, and just to be honourable, I'm supposed to let him blast my brains out before I have just excuse to attack them?

What do you think the Sith are any different from that gunman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.