Describe what you think is "SkyFather"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
The term is thrown around a lot, but I don't think many people actually know what the word means.

What, in your definition, is a SkyFather, and how powerful are they?

RAGE17
well usually i just think of odin....

long pig
Yeah, me too. SkyFather is just the name for the parter of Mother Earth. But on here and other places, it's being used to describe the power of someone.

What kind of power does it take for you to be considered a Sky Father? How should we define it for the "VS" forum?

The Ion
Yeah I think of Zeus and Odin.

Draco69
A person who states simple and non-complicated things in unneccessary riddles and confunding metaphors.

The Ion
Originally posted by Draco69
A person who states simple and non-complicated things in unneccessary riddles and confunding metaphors.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Riddler.jpg

Draco69
Draco69: OWNED! sad

life is cruell
The people Odin all gathered against thanos when he had the IG.

Adam Warlock
The Pantheon Gods. Vishnu, Zeus, Odin, Etc...

The top of the food chains now, not the small fry, like Ares, Thor, Leir, etc... Thor and Ares and other gods are usually below their fathers normally.

leonheartmm
problem is, there is a lot of difference between the power levels of skyfathers themselves

like odin, zeus, set are all on different levels.

Cosmic Flame
Are you talking about Set the Elder God?

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Are you talking about Set the Elder God?

I think he's talking about the Egyptian God Seth or Set. The one who battled Odin and Thor.

Set the Elder God I presumed was on another level. Wait, I'm pretty sure he is on another level. Above Skyfather.

leonheartmm
yes thats the problem, SET was supposedly the next in line for the crown of raa the great egyptian god, which makes him a skyfather, but then he showed more power than gaia herslef and defeated atum the god eater who previously killed all the corrupted SKYFATHERS of the first godwave. that brings him on a level above even dormammu maybe and thats way above skyfther, in the end skyfather is just a rank which can have variable power but generally when u say skyfather level of power u mean odin{also zeus is a weakling infront of odin}

olympian
"also zeus is a weakling infront of odin"

How can he be a weakling if he belongs to the same class.

Khellendros
Adam got pretty clsoe tow hat I think of when I say Skyfather. To me a skyfather is the head God in any Pantheon. Anyone who can match Zeus or Odin in raw power is Skyfather level.

eleveninches
Skyfather is the term given to the leader of a pantheon

e.g.
wotan, highfather, fenris, ra, zeus, jupiter, cronos, odin, rao, xhal, hyperion (after fall of cronos) ,

armandovalles
"Also Zeus is a weakling infront of Odin"

ur..........retarded. Zeus and Odin, have both stated many times, so has the narrator many times, and so has the handbooks and stuff like that many times, THAT THEY ARE EXACT EQUALS.

long pig
Hmm...the point of this thread was to get people to list characters THEY see as powerful as a Skyfather. Not name Heads of Pantheons...dammit.

Name some Skyfather-like characters.

armandovalles
LOW-LEVEL SKYFATHER-LEVELERS:
King Thor
Thanos
Sentry
Photon (Genis)
High Evolutionary
Immortal Hercules evolved "Beyond Godhood"

MID-LEVEL SKYFATHERS:
Zeus
Odin
Cyttorak
Desaak

HIGH-LEVEL SKYFATHERS:
Rune King Thor
Desaak in Destroyer Armor

manjaro
no dude there really is no such thing as low, mid or high level skyfathers.

a sky father is one who runs the entire pantheon, and rules all the other gods and thats it. Odin runs Asgard, Zeus runs Olympus, Darksied runs Apokolips, Rao runs the kryptonian pantheon, Ra the Eyptian pantheon, and so forth...yeah there may be characters who have power that might rival a skyfather but that doesnt make them sky fathers themselves......

the only notable example i can think of is Thanos so in a nut shell, if you're not king of an enitre pantheon, or even capble of becoming king, or at the very least be prophesied to become king one day like Thor or Herc you're not a sky father, and you will never be one.....and thats all there is to it

long pig
The sky father is a recurring theme in pagan and neopagan mythology. The sky father is the complement of the earth mother and appears in some creation myths, many of which are European or ancient Near Eastern. Other cultures have quite different myths; Egyptian mythology features a sky mother and an earthly dying and reviving god of vegetation. Shinto gives precedence to a sun goddess. A sky father also relates to a solar deity, a god identified with the sun.

In Maori mythology, Ranginui was the sky father. In this story, the sky father and earth mother Papatuanuku, embraced and had divine children.

In China, the God of the Abrahamic religions is sometimes called the Sky Father or Heavenly Father.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by leonheartmm
yes thats the problem, SET was supposedly the next in line for the crown of raa the great egyptian god, which makes him a skyfather, but then he showed more power than gaia herslef and defeated atum the god eater who previously killed all the corrupted SKYFATHERS of the first godwave. that brings him on a level above even dormammu maybe and thats way above skyfther, in the end skyfather is just a rank which can have variable power but generally when u say skyfather level of power u mean odin{also zeus is a weakling infront of odin}

Wait... this is confusing.

Is this Seth from the Egyptian Pantheon? Or Set the Elder God?

Set the Elder God was defeated by Atum. And Seth, AFAIK, is between Thor and Odin in terms of power level.

olympian
"Is this Seth from the Egyptian Pantheon? Or Set the Elder God"

He was talking about SET the elder god with the Serpent form.

leonheartmm
actually no, set was the ONLY corrupted god that was NOT defeated by atum or gia, all the others were apparently killed after the first godwave.

eleveninches
are the "first gods" (the ones from godworld ) the same thing as the promethian giants?

olympian
"actually no, set was the ONLY corrupted god that was NOT defeated by atum or gia, all the others were apparently killed after the first godwave."

Chotton and Set wer the only two who escaped with life.

And Set wasent defeated because he fleed right?

aton_ra
low-level skyfatherembarrasmentsiris.

mid-level skyfather:buluku

high-level skyfather:zeus

strongest skyfather is odin.

a skyfather should be most powerful at his home.

he shall have total control over his realm.

he shall be able to turn night to day and day to night.

he should at least be equal to a herald.

he shall knock boots with gaea.(except zeus, because then he would be banging he's grandmother)

thesilverspider
how is photon and sentry low level skyfather.those two are not skyfather
thanos isint skyfather either.thanos is just below skyfather power.photon skyfather damn that fanboy fever is getting out of control.seriously photon skyfather lol lol lol thats some funny sh!t

who?-kid
Originally posted by olympian
"actually no, set was the ONLY corrupted god that was NOT defeated by atum or gia, all the others were apparently killed after the first godwave."
To be precise, it was Demogorge, not the Atum version.

Yup.

Colossus-Big C
Skyfather: The Leader and most powerful of a Pantheon of gods
Skyfather Level : Powers Rivaling Odin

im pretty much 100% that this is how its viewd

Kazenji
great for reviving a thread from 2005.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.