I still dont understand.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthfisto09
I know this gets discussed all the time, but I just dont see how old george could of had padme die because she lost the will to live. I mean hell, she even said after she gave birth that there was still good in him, IF SHE THINKS THERE IS GOOD IN HIM WHY WOULD SHE NOT WANT TO LIVE?! It just bothers me. They put so much time and effort into the special effects and the fighting and everything, and it seems like the most important part of the movie, the story, was the least of their worries. I still love ROTS though, parts of it still bother me alot though

Ganner Rhysode
She thinks there's good in him, but she doesn't think he loves her. "Love won't save you, Padme." He basically told her that their love didn't mean anything.

Also, in the past people actually HAVE died of broken hearts, of not feeling loved, of not feeling the will to live, where otherwise physically healthy people got sick and died.

DeVi| D0do
What's stupider was that she 'lost the will to live' after she gave birth to two healthy babies... what a b*tch. She doesn't even care about her own children! I'm glad she's dead.

I really don't know why George actually had to spell it out to us... It would have worked much better if it was just implied that she's dieing of a broken heart...

ESB- 1138
Let's see...he has good in him and he attacked her. What's more to say?

Stun
Anakin's lust for power overwhelms him. The man that Padme fell in love with was no longer there, and any ounce of love that Anakin had for Padme was lost through his betrayal - Now that's heartbreaking.

Then - he almost strangles her to death.

And on top of that, she has to go through childbirth with Twins

Now.......how close to death would YOU be?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Stun
And on top of that, she has to go through childbirth with Twins "Childbirth with twins" being the important part here...

I'm sorry, I just don't see how anyone who has just given birth to twins can just 'give up the will to live'.

Originally posted by Stun
Then - he almost strangles her to death. "Medically, she completely healthy." - This would have been perfectly fine without that line of dialogue... You know, sometimes I just think Lucas is torturing us on purpose. stick out tongue

Even if she died of a broken heart... that would have been better than saying she's lost the will to live.

Stun
true - they could of just said she died in childbirth. I mean, it happens more frequently in real life

DeVi| D0do
Yeah... the line just really annoys me. Especially after a great second half the line kinda kills the buzz... especially with the voice and then with the medical droids and the 'ooooooobah'. *cringe*

Jedi Priestess
well I still don't understand the significance of this all these months later laughing out loud

we were robbed! this should have had its own scene!!!

Stun
when it first came out on the OS i thought it was something vital, like to do with the making of Vader lol - how wrong i waslaughing out loud

btw..........where is it supposed to be?confused

Jedi Priestess
I assume its in the chamber used to create Vader judging by the caption.

aaaaaaaah yessss another HS awesome moment!

Stun
lol, judging by the caption, you would expect to see far greater things

chinabing
I don't think The Galaxy has all the a great medical plan.

Maybe the medical droid was repeating what Padme had said or something; "lost the will to live" is not something that would show up on a scanner.

It's weird... everytime I watch TOS videos, and I see Vader strangle someone, I think of Padme.

Jedi Priestess
Really? Him choking the life out of her didnt bother me in the slightest. I thought it made him even more evil. And I thought it was cool. smile

chinabing
I'm reminded of Padme when I see Vader strangling, not that I didn't like it. I mean, I'm not condoning spouse abuse or anything, come on, it was evil.

I mean, thanks to the speech on that landing platform, we now know why Vader was "obsessed" with finding young skywalker on Hoth, and why the Empire didn't just nuke the base from orbit. Generally Vader was obsessed about a lot of things.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
well I still don't understand the significance of this all these months later laughing out loud

we were robbed! this should have had its own scene!!! What IS that?

Captain REX
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

we were robbed! this should have had its own scene!!!

You too?! eek!

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Tangible God
What IS that?

you dont know???

Captain REX
The pagan! eek!

Jedi Priestess
Hell I thought that picture was pretty much an equal opportunity b!tch myself. laughing out loud

Captain REX
So I noticed. stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
I keep forgettting that not everyone was here when that debacle came out. laughing out loud

Lucky them.

Captain REX
Heh!

What scene is that from anyway? stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
bang Read the caption ya big silly! I posted it. laughing

Sesse
Actually they didn't eaven try to save Padme!

They could have gone to Alderaan and put her into a suit supporting her vital organs. It would have been more dramatic if they had been construsted at the same time! XD

Ushgarak
(shrugs)

Padme and Anakin had a very selfish love. Kids or no kids, he could not live without him.

If you think that's silly, fair enough, but GL doesn't, and I can see the mythological resonance myself.

Eleonora
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
What's stupider was that she 'lost the will to live' after she gave birth to two healthy babies... what a b*tch. She doesn't even care about her own children! I'm glad she's dead.

I really don't know why George actually had to spell it out to us... It would have worked much better if it was just implied that she's dieing of a broken heart...

Let's just start by destroying this myth: having children is not a happy event, it's only relative. And for the record I know someone who was perfectly healthy and died after she found out her husband was cheating on her, so dying of a heartbreak is a fact. BTW I don't think that not being able to live without someone is selfish, it might just be the strongest kind of love there is.

overlord
Lucas temporarily lost his mind and decided to make them love each other always.. cry

If he would have just let her go to Alderaan heart broken with Anakin not caring as he is a cool sith. Who cares about seeing her die and those children being born? We know what was the idea. All these stupid explanations of Lucas..

But why didn't our good friend Vader let his woman be cloned? stick out tongue

Ganner Rhysode
I don't know, I personally liked the ending. It was good to have all that closure - we knew how Padme was dead, we knew how Luke and Leia ended up where they did, all that.

Lleekenobi
What I don't understand is that Leia can remember her REAL mother.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Eleonora
Let's just start by destroying this myth: having children is not a happy event, it's only relative. And for the record I know someone who was perfectly healthy and died after she found out her husband was cheating on her, so dying of a heartbreak is a fact. BTW I don't think that not being able to live without someone is selfish, it might just be the strongest kind of love there is.
I'm not disputing the fact that heartbreak could kill her... I'm supporting it. But they say "She has lost the will to live". That's very different.

And I really don't know how you can say that having children is not a happy event. That's an incredibly sad thing to say. Padme herself calls her pregnancy a 'wonderful thing'.

Not being able to live without someone isn't what makes her selfish... It's leaving her two kids behind parentless that does that.

Bicnarok

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by Lleekenobi
What I don't understand is that Leia can remember her REAL mother.

Well, some kids have memories of when they were very little, although it's only brief flashes.

And others will sometimes invent memories. Young children have done this in the past, often times orphans, who want to know what their parents look like, so they subconciously invent a memory of their parent. Likely, this is what Leia did.

overlord
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
I don't know, I personally liked the ending. It was good to have all that closure - we knew how Padme was dead, we knew how Luke and Leia ended up where they did, all that.
There was too much 'closure' and too much focus on the transition to the OT, they should've focused on the actual movie instead. We all get the idea of what happened to the children and actually get it explained in the next episode, if people are wondering they can just watch the next episode.
Instead this 'OMG WTF'ing great closure' f*cked up the story a little.
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Well, some kids have memories of when they were very little, although it's only brief flashes.

And others will sometimes invent memories. Young children have done this in the past, often times orphans, who want to know what their parents look like, so they subconciously invent a memory of their parent. Likely, this is what Leia did.
Not stalking you or something but I just happen to dissagree again..
The scene with Leia talking about her mother really gives the impression that her mother died later on on Alderaan with still knowing Leia, this was suddenly thrown all over the place and it is now a plot error.
These defences I read everywhere are so far fetched that I am wondering why these people even bother, just get it over with, she can't remember her mother.
Sure there is the mythological force to explain every question, but this one I will not buy.
I see no sense at all that Leia said she knew her mother and that she died on Alderaan after a great deal of time still from being heart broken. This was just something that Lucas thought would be good to put in the movie and he couldn't of course skip time to see her die.

starwarsrules14
I liked the ending, despite how cheesy "losing the will to live" was it was still good, and I am not going to tear it apart. She loved him so much that when he turned and almost choked her to death she just couldn't bear it. In the book when Obi-Wan is holding her pendant he senses great love and unendurable heartbreak. She loved him with all her heart and he tore it away from her in an instant.

And I thought that the Leia remembering her mother thing has already been discussed in other threads, besides maybe she sensed her in the force. Anakin did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.