I really hope this thread belongs here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MetalHeart
If i can play synthesizers does this mean i can play any instruemnt at all?
i also play bass so i that i can play for sure....but my friend plays violin i can synthesize it. my other friend plays the saxaphone, i can synthesize that. my bf plays the drums (hes in a band called Hatred With No End) i can synthesize the drums....
does this mean i can play all of those instruements?

Pezmerga
no it means you can operate a synthesizer.

MetalHeart
well i can play bass... *plays sad violin music*

Dr. Strangelove
No because each instrument presents different challenges and takes actual talent to become good musically.

Now, I'm not saying you couldn't learn to play those instruments, but just because for example you can synthesize an Accolay Concerto doesn't mean you could pick up a violin and expect to play it well.

Darth Revan
Besides which, playing a song on a real instrument sounds completely different from playing it on a synthesizer, with the possible exception of a piano.

Bierbommetje
Originally posted by MetalHeart
If i can play synthesizers does this mean i can play any instruemnt at all?
i also play bass so i that i can play for sure....but my friend plays violin i can synthesize it. my other friend plays the saxaphone, i can synthesize that. my bf plays the drums (hes in a band called Hatred With No End) i can synthesize the drums....
does this mean i can play all of those instruements?

Why don't you try it? yes

MetalHeart
like i said i can play bass, been playing for a couple years now, so i can definatly play that. but i dont like violins

eggmayo
Violins sound awesome, but I think they might be hard to play.
If you can play bass, the probability is you can play guitar, its the same thing but faster and less painful when strings break.

Demonslayer

Phat J
you must romance the music out of the tambourine shifty

Darth Revan
Originally posted by eggmayo
Violins sound awesome, but I think they might be hard to play.
If you can play bass, the probability is you can play guitar, its the same thing but faster and less painful when strings break.

The violin is indeed a very difficult instrument to learn. At least well. Bowed instruments have many more different emotions and articulations that can be achieved (without effects) than guitars and basses. It's also hard to get a decent sound in the first place, and there are no frets.

Please don't assume that because your keyboard has a "violin" button, you can capture the full range of different sounds a violin can make.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.