Batman or Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Now that both their respective movies are both out, which of these characters do you prefer? There's an interesting dichotomy between these two. They were both torn away from their parents as little boys and forced to become selfless heroes. One character is perfect; completely obsessive over his principles and unyeilding to passion. The other is imperfect; he breaks rules and has the capacity to fall.

Are you the sort of person who would remain strong for your principles or the sort of person who would sacrifice abslutely everything for love? Are you a Batman or an Anakin?

preysin
anakin is better. Batman is borin and gay.

Spearhead
Wrong section.

DarkAge
Why?

Jedi Priestess
Many reasons, but to answer your Q. Anakin Skywalker

Darth Macabre
Anakin.

~Forever Lost~
Anakin.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by DarkAge
Now that both their respective movies are both out, which of these characters do you prefer? There's an interesting dichotomy between these two. They were both torn away from their parents as little boys and forced to become selfless heroes. One character is perfect; completely obsessive over his principles and unyeilding to passion. The other is imperfect; he breaks rules and has the capacity to fall.

Are you the sort of person who would remain strong for your principles or the sort of person who would sacrifice abslutely everything for love? Are you a Batman or an Anakin?

Batman.

long pig
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Batman.
Batman.

ash007
this should be in the movie section.

But i would choose Batman.

grey fox
Nananana BATMAN!!!!

Mr _Whirlysplat
Batman

Grand Moff Gav
Just to be an annoying prat like the rest of this lot I will remind you that this should be in Movie Forum blah blah blah.........

In answer........Anakin One he is more real. Two he actually has super powers and no alter ego.Three when in the Darth Vader suit he looks sooo much cooler than the Bat suit!

Grand Moff Gav
Oh and the Superstar Destroyer Executer is better than the Bat Mobile.

DarkCrawler
You can't get chicks with it.

Grand Moff Gav
No but you can sure as hell destroy the Joker with it!

mattador
laughing out loud

Grand Moff Gav
Did your fingers take a brake at all?

One more reason why Ani wins...... His fans type short sharp posts allowing us to beat longer post makers to the draw!

spencerspider
Anakin, I would love to be him except for when I burn, hmm Batman is gay dude, I would kill myslef if I was Batman. Anakin is awesome I would just slice the *** Batman in half.
O I almost forgot Episode 3 Anakin ep 2 was a cry baby. ep 3 Anakin rocked

jOHN_Anderton
My comments presume that you're saying Batman "is perfect; completely obsessive over his principles and unyielding to passion" and that Anakin is "imperfect; he breaks rules and has the capacity to fall". Right?

I vote BATMAN as long as long as I can specify Christian Bale's version of Batman in "Batman Begins". In this specific reinterpretation of the legend we see the weaknesses and failings in Bruce Wayne as a boy and a grown man as well. Plus, in my opinion, his capacity for love far exceeds anything Anakin was capable - regardless of the fact that we're talking about different times, different civilizations and different galaxies that are perhaps far, far away. In spite of these differences in time and place, indeed, even in space, or more appropriately, "spacetime", anyways, in spite of all the differences between these two characters, your question is still valid if one presumes, as do I, that what we call "Love", is a universal constant, unchanging, and is in fact the most powerful force in the entire Universe. Even though love cannot be studied directly, as an independent force in the sense that electromagnetism, gravity and the strong or weak nuclear forces are amenable to investigation using the scientific method, its EFFECTS on the local/global environment can, however, certainly be studied. As we know, these effects can originate from the love expressed by a single person and ripple through time for thousands and thousands of years - as has been amply demonstrated in our own human history. So, in this sense, the story of the very early-on damaged Anakin is true tragedy at the highest level. Here is someone within whom the Force is manifest so very powerfully, maybe indirectly BECAUSE of the hardships he had to endure as a young man. But for lack of sufficient guidance perhaps, or because of a kind of blind spot he carries or some deep seated feeling of inadequacy, Anakin's love for Padme was used to bring him over to the dark side. That being the case, you have to look deeper and really question how much he actually loved her, in the purest sense of that word.

Imo, it wasn't his true and neverending passionate love for his woman that was his falling, it was Anakin's lack of love and acceptance of himself as a person who can fail from time to time, his inability to see himself as someone who isn't perfect and shouldn't be treated as perfect by others. His so called love for Padme was only his excuse for turning and imo, he really wanted to turn for other much deeper darker and selfish reasons. In other words, it was genius to use Anakin's presumed love for Padme as a way to get him to justify making the crossing, something he wanted to do for other, perhaps subconscious reasons. Padme was just his excuse - his way of defeating the cognitive dissonance coming from his own conscience and the only thing keeping him in line. Otherwise, how do you explain how visciously Anakin turned on his supposed soul mate towards the end? Sorry, but while Anakin is a sympathetic figure one cannot help but to feel sorry for, he is also a pathetic man who's primary allegiance proved to be only himself. And so there he is, at once an awesome and a ridiculous character now - separated from his love, walled off from the world, encased in black, powerful, yes, but alone as anyone can ever be. As if absorbed by the almost insect-like mechanism that is a fitting representation of the dark loveless side of the force, Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader. The transition couldn't be more tragic nor the end result more stark. Truly, the disturbance that rippled throughout the fabric of spacetime on that fateful day of Anakin's fall, must surely have been felt by all those in whom is manifest, to any degree, that which is know simply as the Force.

Back to Batman Begins: This movie has several noteworthy lines of dialog and specific mentions of how Bruce has fallen or made mistakes. So I would have to disagree with the characterization of Batman as being "perfect; completely obsessive over his principles and unyielding to passion". Perhaps as if to presage the fall of the man to come, the opening sequence in the film shows Bruce as a young boy, falling through the rotted wood closure of a deep pit. There he experiences a horriffic event that will haunt him and challenge his courage for all of his life. It is the head long rush of thousands of subterranean bats right at him as he lay on the ground trying to recover from the fall.

Later, after his rescue and with a broken bone to be attended to, as his father carries him into the estate mansion he teaches his son to not feel bad for falling when he says: "And why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." In fact the very reason I love this movie is the fact that Wayne IS fallable, strays from his principles, falls and fails, but then finds the way back to the top - usually with the help of his friends or someone that loves him like his little childhood friend played by Kate Holmes. Her part was very well acted and btw, I'm crushin' on her badly! Oddly, here's a situation where Bruce's true love rejects him - even though his love for her is true and deep. She acts as his guiding light & evening star. I'm not sure why she doesn't just go with him at the end of that movie. Maybe because she knows she couldn't deal with his nocturnal crimefighting and the perhaps legal and ethical compromises he sometimes has to to mke in order to bring about justice.

Grand Moff Gav
........................... a whole new level

spencerspider
OMG HOW LONG DID YOU TYPE I AM NOT READING THAT LOL HOLY SHIT WTF DUDE you really have alot of time on ur hands, do u even have hands anymore

Grand Moff Gav
He typed the same stuff twice (copy/paste)

Gregory
Anakin is an annoying little shit. Batman wins.

WindDancer
I pick Spiderman

Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
Anakin he is more real. Two he actually has super powers

Anyone else notice the gross contradiction here?

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by WindDancer
I pick Spiderman

Oh my dear god tell me I didnt say that .................*Runs away in embarrassment*

laughing out loud

Grand Moff Gav
I pick Spiderman

Anyone else notice the stupidity of the poster here?

stick out tongue

Altar[1stONE]
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
My comments presume that you're saying Batman "is perfect; completely obsessive over his principles and unyielding to passion" and that Anakin is "imperfect; he breaks rules and has the capacity to fall". Right?

I vote BATMAN as long as long as I can specify Christian Bale's version of Batman in "Batman Begins". In this specific reinterpretation of the legend we see the weaknesses and failings in Bruce Wayne as a boy and a grown man as well. Plus, in my opinion, his capacity for love far exceeds anything Anakin was capable - regardless of the fact that we're talking about different times, different civilizations and different galaxies that are perhaps far, far away. In spite of these differences in time and place, indeed, even in space, or more appropriately, "spacetime", anyways, in spite of all the differences between these two characters, your question is still valid if one presumes, as do I, that what we call "Love", is in fact the most powerful force in the entire Universe. Even though love cannot be studied directly, as an independent force in the sense that electromagnetism, gravity and the strong or weak nuclear forces are amenable to investigation using the scientific method, its EFFECTS on the local/global environment can, however, certainly be studied. As we know, these effects can originate from the love expressed by a single person and ripple through time for thousands and thousands of years - as has been amply demonstrated in our own human history. So, in this sense, the story of the very early-on damaged Anakin is true tragedy at the highest level. Here is someone within whom the Force is manifest so very powerfully, maybe indirectly BECAUSE of the hardships he had to endure as a young man. But for lack of sufficient guidance perhaps, or because of a kind of blind spot he carries or some deep seated feeling of inadequacy, Anakin's love for Padme was used to bring him over to the dark side. That being the case, you have to look deeper and really question how much he actually loved her, in the purest sense of that word.

Imo, it wasn't his true and neverending passionate love for his woman that was his falling, it was Anakin's lack of love and acceptance of himself as a person who can fail from time to time, who isn't perfect and shouldn't be treated as perfect by others. His so called love for Padme was his excuse for turning, imo he really wanted to turn for other much deeper darker and selfish reasons really. In other words, it was genius to use Anakin's presumed love for Padme as a way to get him to justify making the crossing, something he wanted to do for other, perhaps subconscious reasons. Padme was just his excuse - his way of defeating the cognitive dissonance coming from his own conscience and the only thing keeping him in line. Otherwise, how do you explain how visciously Anakin turned on his supposed soul mate towards the end? Sorry, but while Anakin is a sympathetic figure one cannot help but to feel sorry for, he is also a pathetic man who's primary allegiance proved to be only himself. And so there he is, separated from his love, walled off from the world, encased in black, powerful, yes, but alone as anyone can ever be. As if absorbed by the almost insect-like mechanism that is a fitting representation of the dark loveless side of the force, Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader. The transition couldn't be more tragic nor the end result more stark. Truly, the disturbance that rippled throughout the fabric of spacetiem on that fateful day of Anakin's fall, must surely have been felt by all those in whom is manifest, to any degree, that which is know simply as the Force.

Back to Batman Begins: This movie has several noteworthy lines of dialog and specific mentions of how Bruce has fallen or made mistakes. So I would have to disagree with the characterization of Batman as being "perfect; completely obsessive over his principles and unyielding to passion". Perhaps as if to presage the fall of the man to come, the opening sequence in the film shows Bruce as a young boy, falling through the rotted wood closure of a deep pit. There he experiences a horriffic event that will haunt him and challenge his courage for all of his life. It is the head long rush of thousands of subterranean bats right at him as he lay on the ground trying to recover from the fall.

Later, after his rescue and with a broken bone to be attended to, as his father carries him into the estate mansion he teaches his son to not feel bad for falling when he says: "And why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

In fact the very reason I love this movie is the fact that Wayne IS fallable, strays from his principles, falls and fails, but then finds the way back to the top. Oh and, because of Kate Holmes being in it too!!! Her part was very well acted and I'm crushin' on her badly!

Dude , just batman or anakin simple as that we dont need your term paper posted on here.

Ultimate-Venom
I love Comics so i have to say...Batman

DeVi| D0do
Batman. Anakin's a pussy.

Bardock42
Batman cause he's a great Character and portrayed very well.

Now Vader vs. Batman might be a little different.

Altar[1stONE]
I think thats the direction we should take then. Vader vs Batman.

TheFilmProphet
Batman,

jOHN_Anderton
sorry 'bout the multiple posts - my pc got wonky and looked like nothing was being posted - guess it was. embarrasment

(i asked the mods to eliminate the 1st 2)

Hegemon875
I pick Spiderman

LMAO I was thinking the same thing.

A guy who has some sort of magical powers that lets him control stuff is alot more real than a guy who has studied and trained in real martial arts to become what he is. laughing

Storm
My vote goes to Batman.

Prince Nauj
Anakin

Batman is caca

Murray
Anakin's the little pussy of a prick! Batman doesn't have superpowers, so that makes him more likeable and my type, he is physically strong, with the greatest muscles I've ever seen, and he's hot and saves the day all the time!

BATMAN IS THE GREATEST!!!!! F*CK ANAKIN, THE LITTLE *****!

batman batman batman

Bardock42
Originally posted by Altar
I think thats the direction we should take then. Vader vs Batman.
Well Batsy would still be my No. 1 ....I guess I'm a fanboy embarrasment ....but Vader is close he's awesome.

Strong_question
I like Batman better because Anakian lost it, gone mad

MildPossession
Well I enjoyed the read...

Batman

Sorgo
I prefer Anakin for the sole fact he could tear Batman apart without a single bruise.

idowhatiamtold
Batman.. lol... for all the reasons quoted before me... and I like him better wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.