Which Japanese Godzilla is cooler?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mac Murphy
The Showa series Godzilla first appeared in 1954 and made his last movie in 1975. The Heisei series Godzilla was first seen in 1985 and made his last movie in 1995. Finally the 2000 seres Godzilla Started with Godzilla 2000 and has gone out with Godzilla Final Wars in 2005. Each Godzilla has its own powers, enemies and size. The question is which Godzilla is more cool?

Laminator_X
I'll take 2000. They managed to capture the majesty of Classic G. while managing to make him not seem out of place in the modern world.

dave_kodak
Heisei Godzilla, so awsome in my eyes.

grey fox
I have to agree with lam, 2000 was very realistic.......of course if i wanted realism i wouldn't be reading about giant nuclear-fire breathing lizards would i ? Hensei all the way baby !!!

Mindship
Godzilla's very first appearance in 1954 - while lacking in "realistic" special effects - nonetheless captured a mood which, IMO, made that Godzilla the most awe-inspiring (as long as they didn't focus on the Cookie Monster eyes).

There was another Godzilla, however - I'm not sure of the movie, except I remember his eyes were like glowing orange orbs - which I feel was best in terms of capturing the original movie's mood while also using "more realistic" special effects. Again, I'm not sure, but it may've been the Godzilla who was burning up from inside.

Because it is a man in a rubber suit (pity, Godzilla was never CGI'd - the American version stunk), Godzilla takes best effect when you can't see him that clearly. This way, the imagination takes over and "fills in the blanks," a characteristic of any great monster/horror film.

WindDancer
Showa Godzilla (1954-1975)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.