Norton Protected files?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
Erm, what exactly are these?

There are apparently 1,500 protected files on Drive C and I have 1,322 protected files on Drive C

Can I 'purge' them?

I need to make my computer run faster but I'm wondering if it might cause problems

Koala MeatPie
Yes...
right click on your trash and "purge all protected files"

I do it all the time
then, Seenig as hwo you probly have Norton Utilites, Clean Sweep your drive.... And also, in the MAIN cleansweep menu (where youc an select cleansweep or other options) Delet all your cookies and Active X controls...

Worst thing that can happen? You have to sign back into anything you set as "auto sign in" infact, that WILL happen.

Also... go to "ToolS" "Internet Options"

Delet all Hostory and Cookies, and "Protect" intnet websites... Set your History to record on ly one day and such and such.

then before You go to Sleep, keep your computer on, clsoe every program, and defragment you drive Start => Aplications => System tools => Defragment your drive. The Defrag will last several hours.

You should do all of the above AT LEAST ounce a week.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Yes...
right click on your trash and "purge all protected files"

I do it all the time
then, Seenig as hwo you probly have Norton Utilites, Clean Sweep your drive.... And also, in the MAIN cleansweep menu (where youc an select cleansweep or other options) Delet all your cookies and Active X controls...

Worst thing that can happen? You have to sign back into anything you set as "auto sign in" infact, that WILL happen.

Also... go to "ToolS" "Internet Options"

Delet all Hostory and Cookies, and "Protect" intnet websites... Set your History to record on ly one day and such and such.

then before You go to Sleep, keep your computer on, clsoe every program, and defragment you drive Start => Aplications => System tools => Defragment your drive. The Defrag will last several hours.

You should do all of the above AT LEAST ounce a week.
I do all of the other stuff, or at least let Windows Washer do it for me.
Just didn't know about the protected ones. They sound a bit scary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.