Was Anakin fall to the Dark Side too fast ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Atlantis001

DeVi| D0do
Worked for me.

Ultimate-Venom
It was a fine way...no he didnt

overlord
It was sort of continuating though not very convincing, it probably should have been Anakin being a power hungry ass-hole who started to care less and less. Now it is like he is a naive suckah!

starwarsrules14
It wasn't exactly what I expected but I am fine with the way it is.

stunna1773
it was a lil fast

Tangible God
He had been gradually touching and sub-conciously considering the Dark for a while at that point. He was just overwhelmed in the office with the mixed thoughts of 1.) A Jedi Rebellion, 2.) Losing the only way to save his wife, 3.) Loyalty to his only true friend and mentor.

Jedi Priestess
3 words: Read the book.

GCG
Palps' schematic dialogue prevailed over a do-or-let-die situation. He ultimately gave in to prevent Padme from dying.

roughrider
The seeds of his fall start with Episode I; the fact he got Jedi training despite being too old and having emotional attachments. Incidents, large and small, continue to build up - fearing for Padme brings it all to a head, finally. I believe it is realisticly paced, through the three films.

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
3 words: Read the book.

yes I agree

chinabing
The book was nice, but way too gory. Besides, the movie is what counts. I think it was a little fast, just a little. But he got fed Palpatine's
'Sith & Jedi are the same' spiel just enough times to believe it.

Jedi Priestess
Gory? What was gory in the book?

Captain REX
Now, if Star Wars were to be more gory... shifty

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by Ultimate-Venom
It was a fine way...no he didnt agreed.

PVS
i think his turn would have made more sense if he first lost control and let his anger take over. when he took mace's hand, after he said "what have i done". so, he was remorseful and then all of the sudden he's like "oh well, lets go kill children".

its not that his turn was too quick, its that there realy wasnt anything to push him over the edge. i mean, look at luke in ep6. he went from calm and rational to completely dark and psychotic at the drop of a hat...and it was completely convincing.

so, i dont think it was a matter of it being too quick. just that the circumstance wasnt strong enough. could have been solved by having HIM duel with mace, and kill him, never feeling remorse for doing so...oh well

Sadako of Girth
Another way of looking at it might be that the transition still was going on right up to the end of the movie...

He may have been split on his many issues with loyalties and beliefs despite his actions until the jealousy/anger about Padme/Obi-wan gripped him and the subsequent death of Padme finally sealed the deal until Ep 6...
I know what you mean about the 'Mace then the kids' part of the movie,
I just still think that he was still confused/split on the issues at hand there, and I still think that he was pledging his alliegance to Palpatine out of desperation through fear of losing the woman he loved all his life and judging from the whole Vader attempting to usurp Palps later on, you gotta wonder how sincere and heartfelt that pledge ultimately was...

I think the whole movie was the transition, not just the 'middle 8' of the film IMHO...

DarthLazious
It played out nicely.

Prince Nauj
nope it was ok for me. but george should of putten more attention to the dialogue instead of all the special effects

Sir J
Originally posted by roughrider
The seeds of his fall start with Episode I; the fact he got Jedi training despite being too old and having emotional attachments. Incidents, large and small, continue to build up - fearing for Padme brings it all to a head, finally. I believe it is realisticly paced, through the three films. thats true palpatine did spend over 20 years slowly weaving his way until he got anakin trapped so anakin did turn realisticly in my eyes

chinabing
The book, gory?

"Saesee Tiin's head bounced when it hit the floor. The headless corpse, still standing, twisted as it's knees buckled...."

"A small neat hole in the middle of his forehead leaked smoke, showing light from the back of his head."

"On Palpatine's desk lay the head of Kit Fisto, faceup, scalp-tentacles unbound in a squid-tangle across the ebonite."

"The last thing Jurokk felt was the emitter of a lightsaber against the soft flesh beneath his jaw; the last thing he heard as blue plasma chewed upward through his head and burst from the top of his skull and burned away his life..."

And on and on, especially when Anakin, in plenty of gory detail, slaughters all the Separatists.

Parts of it were like reading the novelization of Pulp Fiction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.