Absorbing Man vs. Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scotsmn
If Flash goes for his "Infinity Punch" won't AM turn into the Speed Force? Then he'd be able to catch Flash and pound him with his newfound power.

Draco69
I don't think this debatable...

This would just turn into "Can Absorbing Man absorb the Speed Force?"

And the answer is no. It's like him absorbing the laws of gravity...

scotsmn
Well then, couldn't he absorb Flash's properties? Being able to TAP INTO the Speed Force?

Draco69
No. One has to be CHOSEN. And the Speed Force isn't really energy. It's more like a semi-sentinent force connected to the Source itself.

It would be like AM trying to absorb the Phoenix Force or the laws of physics. It simply isn't possible.

scotsmn
Nah, I disagree. Flash without his already natural speed wouldn't be able to tap into the speed force. It's because he's so fast that he can realize it's there and tap into it. So, considering they would be equal in speed (if you believe he can take Flash's properties), AM would have the advantage in this fight considering he's physically superior.

Draco69
Um. No. Flash doesn't have "natural" speed. He's CONSTANTLY in contact with the Speedforce. He's the "chosen". The "one". The speedster who's connected to the entirety of the Speed Force.

Your arguement WOULD be viable, like a decade ago, but certainly not today. That was back when he was still Kid Flash...

And also Absorbing Man requires physical contact with the energies to absorb it. There's nothing for him to absorb. Just his costume maybe but that's it.

scotsmn
Well then I guess it all boils down to whether AM could absorb the power called "Speed Force" which he WOULD come in contact with.

"Among the more ordinary materials he has been transformed into include steel, stone, wood, and glass. More unusual have bean his transformations into water, fire, snow, helium, and silk. His most powerful transformations have been into energy-states such as cosmic, nuclear, thermal or light.

The Absorbing Man can also absorb specific properties relating to the form or mass of an object he touches. For example, he can assume the height of a skyscraper or the spike of a mace. He can also assimilate mystical properties of object or beings He can mimic the properties of Thor's hammer as well as the strength of Thor himself."

I think speed, like strength, are properties. I think he has a shot.

Draco69
You don't don't understand. The Speed Force isn't something you can THROW at AM. It's EVERYTHING. Everything capable of motion. The Speed Force is the law of nature that enables motion in all forms. Just like gravity enables objects to fall.

AM can't absorb something that isn't even in a human sense "there".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.