Questions about Saw 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
SPOILER ALERT !!!

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT THIS THREAD !!!

1. Near the start the swat team go into Jigsaw's hideaway and a swat team man has something happen to his legs on the stairs? what happened? the copy I have isn't the best.

2. The hole full of needles, are they full of a drug? because Xavier was meant to jump in and look,
not Amanda.

3. Eric's son is not trapped in the safe is he, he can get out?

MY GOD THIS WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE big grin

Wolfie
First, you could've posted this in the Saw II thread. Second, you can post a spoiler by typing "spoiler" in brackets.

I didn't put this in a spoiler because you would've stopped reading at deathbycorn's post if you didn't want to be spoiled.

1. They tripped a wire or something, I don't remember, that caused the rigged stairs to collapse. They all broke legs, ankles, etc. Then there was the added bonus of the electric fence.

2. They were empty. They were just meant to stab him a bunch of times.

3. Daniel was trapped in the safe the entire time the SWAT team were at Jigsaw's lair. Remember what Jigsaw said, "All you have to do is talk to me for the rest of the time and you'll find your son in a safe place."

adamrubin
Originally posted by Wolfie

3. Daniel was trapped in the safe the entire time the SWAT team were at Jigsaw's lair. Remember what Jigsaw said, "All you have to do is talk to me for the rest of the time and you'll find your son in a safe place."

he was in the safe and then he was with the swat team??

how was he with the safe and with the group at the same time and how did amanda trap the dad at how did daniel get to the swat team

deathbycorn
The cameras were not a live stream.

How did the safe door open at the end and we see him in there then?

I'm gonna watch it again hehe...

Wolfie
The screens the SWAT team was watching the whole time was not live. It was prerecorded. That's why when they tracked down where it's coming from, they were lead to a house with a bunch of VCRs.

The safe door was on a timer. When the timer hit zero, the safe opened. They all assumed the timer was how long they had left to live when they were all already dead (well, most of them).

Sorgo
Originally posted by deathbycorn
SPOILER ALERT !!!

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT THIS THREAD !!!

EDIT

1. A trip wire rips a SWAT members legs off, and the stairs collapse and the other SWAT fall into an Electric Fence.

2. A good question indeed. The needles did not look empty and Jigsaw said that Xavier would have to go through the same thing his customers go through if he went in there, and Xavier is a Drug Dealer.

3. He was in the same room as Eric and Jigsaw for the entire movie! "Your son is in a safe and secure state."

LizzyT123
Okay, you know how the SWAT soldier has his legs cut off? and then the other two get electricuted? wouldn't the legless one get electricuted too, because he fell on top of the other soldiers before and during the electricution?

Wolfie
It's in human nature to hold onto something so you don't fall. Naturally, everyone holds onto the fence, no?

LizzyT123
waait, what? so you think that he should have gotten electrocuted to? I know that I always bring people down with me when I fall, lol

adamrubin
was she playing the game for real or was she faking it?

LizzyT123
it was kinda both... She was there, but also trying to survive, even though she's....naughty!

spencerspider
I think she was faking it dude, she knew her objective, to protect the little boy

papabeard
She would have had the antidote, so she knew she would survive.

spencerspider
yea she had taken an antidote, she was fine compared to the rest of them, her and the boy

LizzyT123
well, the boy wasn't doing to well. While they were running down that basement hall the boy could barely run. She probably knew where some more antidotes were stored, or else she knew a way to get out.

Sir Mist
The only question I have left about Saw 2 is....what the hell was the shit with Obi?

The chick has a flashback with him drugging her, and that was all! There was no back story as to why he did it, or anything! An extra 15-20 mins or so of the movie filling in stuff would have made it better.

deathbycorn
Jigsaw made Obi kidnap everyone, that was Obi's part of the game.

jayy
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Jigsaw made Obi kidnap everyone, that was Obi's part of the game.

YUP. stick out tongue

Sir Mist
They needed to elaborate a bit more...it was kinda stupid...it lacked purpose.

jayy
Originally posted by Sir Mist
They needed to elaborate a bit more...it was kinda stupid...it lacked purpose.

It was WAY BETTER than the first SAW. Everyone here agrees. The End.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/Larz61/266313007_s.gif

papabeard
It was so obvious that she was involved and most of the traps if not all were related to her.

She was a drug addict and their was a pit of needles

She cut her wrists and the girl got her hands stuck in the box with the razors that cut her wrists.

I think there was some reference to her burning all her friends and that guy was burned in the furnace.

Cant remember the rest, will have to see it again

papabeard
Originally posted by jayy
It was WAY BETTER than the first SAW. Everyone here agrees. The End.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/Larz61/266313007_s.gif

I prefered the first film , way more mystery and suspense, this was just a bigger budget pointless c@ck fest. Only made to cash in on the success of the first.

LizzyT123
well, as I've said a million times, I prefer the second

thomasgeorge
i like the second because the kills are much better

Impediment
The kills may have been better, but that doesnt make up for a crappy story.

deathbycorn
Part 1 is the superior.

Impediment
I agree that Saw pt one is the superior, but thats not saying much. IMO.

LizzyT123
The acting was way better in Saw II. Of course, Saw is how it all began, and I really liked its plot, but the actors just killed it...literally.

Impediment
Can't argue there. LOL.

LizzyT123
seriously dude, glad you agree

Impediment
Anyone who disagrees needs help! LOL

LizzyT123
lol

Sir Mist
Saw was about the story, and it completely beat Saw 2 storywise. Saw 2 just turned into a generic maniac-chasing-everyone-with-a-knife film. It was good film, no doubts, but the story lacked depth, and the trap games were too basic and predictable. Hardly any character development, unlike the first.

LizzyT123
hey wait, what would have lied beyond that door that they never got to... from the part that Amanda had to find the key in the needle pit? was it their exit?

Sir Mist
Yeah, Jigsaw said on the tape if he unlocked the door, they could be free.

jayy
Saw II was better than Saw I. End of story.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/saw_ii/saw2_clown.jpg

LizzyT123
oh, I don't remember that part where he says thats the exit, I just remember him saying something like, oh I dunno, nevermind, lol

Impediment
Hmm.............end of story?? Not without a discussion. At least thats what I think.

Sir Mist
Originally posted by jayy
Saw II was better than Saw I. End of story.

^^ Look up and read my post. Surely you could do the same and actually give reasons why you think it is better.

Hit_and_Miss
Ive ever there was a film based on human stupidity it would be that....

The first one pissed me off with the ending "Oh I did it cause I'm dying..."

The second one pissed me off with the idiots in the house who just refuse to talk or help each other... if they spent 5 mins looking at things they would of realised the obvious traps and seen the solutions....

1) the bladed box... Solution... use one hand to hold the blades up the other to reach in....
2) the room with syringes... oh the door won't open.. How about we look around... OH LOOK a wire.. wonder if thats gonner do something good!
3) the furance... shine a torch around.. and you would of seen that the flames would of come on... then you could of realised that there was a way to turn them off....

all there problems came from there inablitiy to work to gether and there refusal to spend a few mins looking at the problem....

jayy
SAW II. wink

LizzyT123
uh, yeah!

jayy
Was better than Saw I. Mooooooooo better. Saw II kicked ass!! Got it.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/28/catwithgun0iv.gif

LizzyT123
Yeah, we already discussed that Jaycheers

thomasgeorge
lizzy i love you

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Yeah, we already discussed that Jaycheers

Ok. Cheers to you too Lizzy. wink

She doesn't love you little Georgie.

LizzyT123
oh thomasgeorge thats so nice. Jayy, how do you know who I love and don't love?
hmm?

Susan-Storm
Hmm..no expression..big grin

thomasgeorge
yeah hmmmmmmmm

LizzyT123
yeah hmmmmmmm?

jayy
Saw II had some interesting things for the viewers to figure out during the movie. I thought that was pretty cool.

cool

LizzyT123
Yeah, it was deffinetly one of those movies that stays in your mind for the next day, making you think what really happened.

Jagcat381
This is bothering the crap out of me.
Even if xaiver got all the numbers, what order would he of put them in?
The tape said something about over the rainbow. Were the numbers in different colors, which indicated the order?

Some other people have been asking why he killed people instead of just asking for the numbers, and that's because there was only one antidote in the safe (not that any of you asked that)

Anyway, any other ideas of the combo of the safe would be very helpful.

Wolfie
You just answered your own question, Jagcat.

And Xavier was looking out for #1. He didn't care what happened to everyone else, as long as he made it out alive.

David Sykes
In my own opinion, I have answers to some of the ?s on this thread.
In the yellow room with the syringes, the door that got locked had an antidote in it. Thats what the tape said. In the locked doors in the hall, were more traps, because if you watched on the Special features on the DVD thats said Jigsaw's Traps, or something like that, the director said that there was a trap meant for each person, meaning there were 8 traps. They just didn't get to them all. The antidote that the kid used was the one in the safe that The chick opened, because when the cop went to the safe there was a syringe on the floor next to it. I personallyam wondering about the third movie (Confirmed!!!) because I don't think she will be as good as Jigsaw. Her first trap didn't seem as well thought out. idk, I'll have to wait and see.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by David Sykes
In my own opinion, I have answers to some of the ?s on this thread.
In the yellow room with the syringes, the door that got locked had an antidote in it. Thats what the tape said. In the locked doors in the hall, were more traps, because if you watched on the Special features on the DVD thats said Jigsaw's Traps, or something like that, the director said that there was a trap meant for each person, meaning there were 8 traps. They just didn't get to them all. The antidote that the kid used was the one in the safe that The chick opened, because when the cop went to the safe there was a syringe on the floor next to it. I personallyam wondering about the third movie (Confirmed!!!) because I don't think she will be as good as Jigsaw. Her first trap didn't seem as well thought out. idk, I'll have to wait and see.

Her first trap? What's that mean?

David Sykes
Well, like at the end, when the cop was playing the Tape Recorder, She said he was her first victim, thats what i meant, I didn't mean trap. It looked like he was trapped more in the middle of the room like near the urinals, so I just wanna know what happened to him. Can't wait for Saw III!

Wolfie
That wasn't really a trap. He didn't play by the rules and he lost. That's what happens when he loses.

David Sykes
Well, she says he's her first subject but idk. Oh yeah, someone said something about a body on a table with like a note on his head? when was that cuz I just watched again, and I couldn't find it. The only other "body" was the one in the celler with the ceramic looking face with Obi's tape stabbed to it's chest...

LizzyT123
Originally posted by David Sykes
Well, she says he's her first subject but idk. Oh yeah, someone said something about a body on a table with like a note on his head? when was that cuz I just watched again, and I couldn't find it. The only other "body" was the one in the celler with the ceramic looking face with Obi's tape stabbed to it's chest...

Yeah, I dont' understand what or who the hell is that other dead body....maybe the doctor from the first movie....I have no clue.

David Sykes
The ceramic 1? I'm pretty sure it's fake, but if it's like a real body, then there's no way it'd be Dr. Gordon. idk, the doctor that puts the key behind that 1 dudes eye, limped, and I don't thing that Jigsaw could walk very easily...and The person was too big to be Amanda...it was probably Jigsaw tho...

Nimajneb
I cannot help but think that the combination for safe might be the order in which they were arrested by Daniel's father.

also were the swat team and the cop actually even in the same house? I seem to recall that when they broke down the door it was not blocked by the metal bars, did not have exit painted on it, was still in one piece rather than being half destroyed, and finally you think they would hear him screaming for his son( i don't remember if the truck cop and john took was there when swat pulled up?). and seeing how the swat team would search every square inch of the place eventually they would find him locked in the washroom, which seems a little sloppy considering all the effort and planning that went into entire game, and how methodical john was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.