how old is Bruce suppose to be in BB?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcousticDoc
Is bruce suppose to be in his early 20s? Liek 22 or 21? In the movie Barbara Gordon was shown to be around 1 year old. So by the time Barb becomes batgirl#1 bruce is suppose to be in his 40s?

Bardock42
Barbara wasn't shown. And Bruce celebrated his 30th Birthday...I don't think it can be any clearer to be honest.

sevenman
He went to school until he was twentytwo and trained for eight years.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Bardock42
Barbara wasn't shown. And Bruce celebrated his 30th Birthday...I don't think it can be any clearer to be honest.

lol oops I must have not caught the birthday part. If barbara wasn't shown who was that baby in Gordon's house?

Bardock42
There was a Thread aboot this: "Who are the people at Gordon's House?"
Barbara (Gordon's niece and possiblys his daughter)

Well to answer it right awaya they are probably James (Gordon's Son) and Barbara (Gordon's Wife). They were part of Batman year one as well as Sarah Essen who had an afair with Gordon. Barbara (Batgirl/Oracle/Gordon's niece and possibly his daughter) must have been older by then.

Ultimate Hulk43
I haven't seen the BB movie yet but yeah,Bruce is 30 and that couldn't have been Barbara Gordon because when Bruce is 30 she's about 13 right?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I haven't seen the BB movie yet but yeah,Bruce is 30 and that couldn't have been Barbara Gordon because when Bruce is 30 she's about 13 right?

Not in the comics I believe. I couldn't give you exact dates, but since he started his career between 22 and 24 in the Comics and she probably was batgirl after at least the fourth year she'd probably be at least 20 when he's thirty...but probably a little older. Zarathustra probably knows exact dates.

braz
Originally posted by sevenman
He went to school until he was twentytwo and trained for eight years.

yea i wanted to see more of this in Batman Begins....i mean like, i know we saw he completed his training with the League of Shadows, but i wanted to see more of when he first started training and fighting and went to the FBI to learn detective skills.....like right after carmine falcone's thugs throw him out the club, what he does between then and the jail fight scene.....they only showed him his first time stealing food so he wouldnt starve with that kid, and him gettin arrested in that warehouse...

Kelly Renee
Originally posted by braz
yea i wanted to see more of this in Batman Begins....i mean like, i know we saw he completed his training with the League of Shadows, but i wanted to see more of when he first started training and fighting and went to the FBI to learn detective skills.....like right after carmine falcone's thugs throw him out the club, what he does between then and the jail fight scene.....they only showed him his first time stealing food so he wouldnt starve with that kid, and him gettin arrested in that warehouse...

I thought the 'League of Shadows' stuff was a lil' silly.. *dodges bricks*

Zarathustra
Unfortunately, in the comics Bruce's age is always kept purposely vague: usually he's represented as being mid-late 20's in early year comics and 30-something otherwise. It makes sense: if we say for sure back in the Jason Todd days that Bruce is 30, by now he has to be in his mid-40's, which he obviously is not. Characters like Batman are kept pretty much ageless. Yes, in BB, Bruce turns 30 (the big blue 30 was visible in a scene or two, but it's never stated by the characters that I can recall). If Barbara is in this series of films at all (she might not be at all: this stuff is always subject to change with creative forces), I would estimate she's in high-school. That's just a guess too, though because her age is also kept vague. When she became Batgirl, Batman and Robin had been active for some time (how long, of course, is uncertain the same as ages) and she is working as a librarian: Probably early twenties at that point. It's all hypothesis, unfortunately. I'm unaware of any definitive timeline: the only attempt at one I've seen is for the Batman beginning in 1939 (as it ends in 1985, when Batman should thus be in his 60's at least... well let's just say it's not workable).
By now if we are forced to include everything that's happened to Barbara post-Killing Joke, require that she was Batgirl for at least a few years before that, keep her younger than Bruce, and keep Bruce in his 30's... well it just becomes nigh impossible to keep everything in the same continuity as you can understand.

Ultimate Hulk43
I don't think it'd be wise to bring Robin into this franchise,in the 50's people used to think they were gay.

Zarathustra
Yes, but in the fifties there was also an outcry about Superman because a young boy read some comics and tried to fly.... he was lethally unsuccessful. Anyway, the 1950's style is quite a bit different from the direction these films are taking: how it's handled is the important thing because a younger lad living with an older father figure doesn't immediately imply pedophilia.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I don't think it'd be wise to bring Robin into this franchise,in the 50's people used to think they were gay.

Is there a way to make a robin suit in the movie without looking lame? I always thought it was weird that robin had no head protection.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.