Does it hurt when you die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kmcdude
Well what do guy's think?

Will you lay there and suffacte cause your lungs have stopped?

Would you feel your heart make it's last beat?

Would you see a ''vision'' or something scary before yop die?

nitro-swicked
depends on how u die. a shotgun wound to the stomache now that would ****en' hurt!!

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by nitro-swicked
depends on how u die. a shotgun wound to the stomache now that would ****en' hurt!! yeah kinda agree.

Bardock42
I agree too. It very much depends on the way you die. If you die in your sleep or a coma you might not feel very much, if you die slowly and painfully (like a stab wound or cancer or something) you will feel pain and it will hurt.

debbiejo
I tend to agree, it's the manner in which you die...the physical bodies reaction to pain stimulus.

Shakyamunison
I would think that death it's self would be painless, however, the moment just before death could be a b*tch of a time.

lil bitchiness
Such question is impossible to answer - we can speculate and believe, but cant say for sure.

I dont believe it hurts - your life energy, conciousness gets transfered elsewhere.

debbiejo
That would be nice....I've always hoped I could just jump out before the end comes.....if you know what I mean..

lil bitchiness
blink actually...explain.

debbiejo
OK....I'll try.....jumping out as in your essence or spiritual self could depart your physical body at some point before death... blink reading

lil bitchiness
Oh i see. Yes, I like that idea!

Takiko_4ever
It depends how you die...
for instance...
suffercating and sleeping.
ppl die suffercating
and some die peacfully in their dreams.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Oh i see. Yes, I like that idea!

So do I...I just don't see a lot of reasons to believe in it no expression

eggmayo
Hence the screams of pain when people are shot, stabbed or otherwise fatally injured.

jOHN_Anderton
Originally posted by kmcdude

hey kid, i got a feeling it's probably the worst nightmare you can ever imagine - probly even worse than that. and you probly see this very vivid "vision" of the ugliest deamon you can't even imagine. and you see him coming closer, and closer, and even closer until he's right up close and you're screaming for your mommy but she can't hear you 'cause you're already dead and in this other dimension. but that doesn't stop it from hurting like the worst pain you could ever feel when that devil's razor sharp teeth start biting you and tearing little pieces of you off as he very slowly eats you. but thats okay because when he's done you're gonna be just like him. yup, you're gonna be a little devil too and after you mommy dies or your brother or little sis you're gonna be there to meet and greet them! oh yeah, and eat them too!!

debbiejo
Maybe beyond the pain, there is such a peace in it....Maybe a knowing and calm as some truth starts to invade your mind, that it's not the end of existence, but a new truth of grandeur.

kmcdude
Originally posted by debbiejo
Maybe beyond the pain, there is such a peace in it....Maybe a knowing and calm as some truth starts to invade your mind, that it's not the end of existence, but a new truth of grandeur.

Or more disappointment when you realize theres not sad

Draco69
People aren't getting the point of the question. He's asking does it hurt when you DIE. I mean expire. You're no longer alive.

DYING is another matter because yes DYING can hurt. But we don't know if it hurts or not when we DIE.

StrangeDays
then perhaps the real questions are;

what is pain?

what is death?

confused

Gouki
In death, there is more pain, more than anything you have ever experienced. It is based on how much you have sinned. Right before you die, it should be the most spectacular thing you have felt. That is, if you have the pleasure if dieing in a less painful way, than getting decapitated or drowning. In your death bed. Or somewhere else, that isn't so severe. Where you can't think of what's to come.

lord krondor
Such question is impossible to answer - we can speculate and believe, but cant say for sure.

I dont believe it hurts - your life energy, conciousness gets transfered elsewhere.

Transferred where, to an invisible pink unicorn jumping over a rainbow?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord krondor
Transferred where, to an invisible pink unicorn jumping over a rainbow?

NO! you silly, the unicorn is blue. laughing laughing

lord krondor
I apologize for my mistake.

Imperial_Samura
Hard to say. and it depends probably on the manner of death. The thing that kills you could be painful. If your asleep or in a coma or unconscious, you wont know dying, or dead. I have heard that the brain can remains conscious for up to 5 minutes after "death" but then you wouldn't feel anything as the body, pain receptors and such would no longer function. Not even sure if you could see or hear... in my mind it might be akin to being in a dark room that's shrinking - to me sounds scary, but not painful.

And of course there is the whole concept of death ending pain. So I guess I don't think it hurts when you die, though it could hurt before you die, and since I don't really gell with the whole separate soul thing I don't think it hurts after you die either (seeing how an active body is needed for pain)

debbiejo
Maybe once your brain starts shutting down or your body goes into shock,,,then you won't feel so much pain.....My brother broke his leg once really bad by slamming his Motor Cycle into a truck....He didn't realize his pain for a bit....his body was in shock..

mailedbypostman
There's always the option that people never die, they just lose all sensation and are buried in the ground to watch worms eat them while they sit and wonder when they'll fall asleep. thumb up thumb up

xyz jedi
That's hard to explain, you know once you're dead you won't know or remember so it doesn't matter if it hurts or doesn't when you get killed 'cos it'll go away shortly so, no it doesn't hurt when you die 'cos you're dead and you won't feel it (any more). It's like saying, "Everyone who said they're dead is lying.

mc_thunda
who knows... there's only one way to find out... Joking apart, I think we won't know much about it so why not stop thinking about it and live your life to the full while your here. Only a suggestion

Inspectah Deck

Depends how you die

Wonderer
It'll only hurt when you die if you have sense and mental attachments in your life - if you're in a condition of enlightenment, it wouln't hurt.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
It'll only hurt when you die if you have sense and mental attachments in your life - if you're in a condition of enlightenment, it wouln't hurt.

That is true with all pain in life. big grin

debbiejo
I saved a bird!!....I saved it from pain being run over in traffic today.....I deserve a painless death!

_Sanctuary_
laughing

My friend has a theory you never die you just can't communicate anymore, so when they bury you, you are still thinking and can see everything.... It is a horrible theory! cry

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
laughing

My friend has a theory you never die you just can't communicate anymore, so when they bury you, you are still thinking and can see everything.... It is a horrible theory! cry

Can you think when you are asleep? Not dreaming, but fast asleep.

_Sanctuary_
No her theory is that you stay awake...

mailedbypostman
laughing

Yep, I have that thoery too. I don't really agree with it, but only because I believe death will come as a surprise and will fit no theory of death that people can think of. We can barely grasp the concept of life, how can we understand death?

ben_dover
Let's say you are lying down on the floor. You feel your heart beat and then suddenly it stops. You won't die right away. Instead, since your heart is not pumping anymore blood, the oxygen in your blood will soon become the carbon dioxide and will not be usable by your cells. This will cause you to lay there without any oxygenated blood and you will be too weak to get up. After a few minutes, while your eyes are open you will start to lose vision. It will slowly fade away and then you die. No pain there. Except the fear of suffocating.

Would you see a ''vision'' or something scary before yop die? Some people tend to see a vision when their sight fades away.

Shakyamunison
No her theory is that you stay awake...

I am sure her theory is wrong. big grin I believe in reincarnation.

Pandemoniac
Whatever the cause, you always die of heartfailure. It can be the brain no longer sending the heart signals, or the heart itself stopping because of injury or intoxication. Death sets in when your vital organs are restricted from oxygen, and this itself is quite painless as all nerve-signals are at a very low point and aren't registered properly anymore.
That doesn't mean the road towards that point can't be hell, the cause of death can be painfull beyond imagination, death itself is like falling asleep. Atleast, by what I have read and figure.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I am sure her theory is wrong. big grin I believe in reincarnation.

Yep, your last thought in your present life is the first thought in your next life...think about that one...it might be your last though...or is that your first thought...

Decay
i saw a tv show on near death experiences not too long ago actually. as long as you arnt killed instantly or unconcious i think that youd understand whats happening and feel your heart stop for a split second. blood is still circulating so as long as its oxyginated i think youd know. one of the reasons they stopped decapitation is because the head was sometimes still alive for a short time. they even used to pick the head up and show it the body before it died. it was only a few seconds but you can remain concious with no heartbeat.

in some of the cases it was very convincing that after the person had died something still occured. a woman had her brain completly drained of blood for an operation and she was able to talk about what happened and what the instruments looked like during the procedure. they dont uncover the instruments until the patient is completly unconcious so she didnt see them before hand, and she didnt regain conciousness until after she had been taked from the room. there was no brain activity at all becuase their was no blood, but she could remember the conversations and what everyone was doing. she said she was in the top corner of the room watching it happen. there were a bunch of cases similar with people ariving unconcious and remembering the nurses faces and what doctors said during the proceedure, but none of them had a patient that was completly braindead like the woman whos brain was drained.

they also had someone explaining why it is that you see a tunnel and all that from a scientific point of view and how certian parts of the eye black out first giving the illusion of a dark tunnel with light at the end. ultimatly the number of cases and some of the details made me side against her pretty strongly. she couldnt explain the woman with no blood and some other things like that.

most of them, reguardless of the trauma, said it was peaceful and painless. the woman who didnt believe in it said that the brain releases alot of hormones that would give you a euphoria just before you died, so while you might feel your heart stop very briefly i dont think it would bother you much. if you were burning alive or something like that you might still feel alot of pain and stuff but if you were shot or suffered extreme injuries and were still concious, it seems that from a scientific and spiritual point of view that your last moments wouldnt involve much pain at all. leading up would but when your heart was about to stop beating and your brain was dying you would feel peaceful and happy.

Super Kal El
Anyone afraid of dying? or getting old and crippled?

Do you guys believe the Grim Reaper guides you? I think he does and he is believed to come in many forms, sometimes wearing traditional Sickle & cape sometimes wearing a suit like Joe Black etc Nurses in nursing homes have stated many times and backed up that they have seen a Black figure watching over an elderly person before they die, sometimes they reported to have been sick for days if the figure in black looked at them......what you think...I have many sources books, videos, documentries etc

Also what we know about death ---
#1 you can never ever return to your former body eg your current body
#2 You cannont directly interfere withyour former world/plane of the living? although if your a trapt soul like a ghost you can interact and communicate via mediums
#3 Dieing hurts and feels good at the same time? I dunno

JacopeX
Originally posted by K.Diddy

Would you see a ''vision'' or something scary before yop die? well thats why i aint afraid to die cuz i wonder how it is to die. i hate when people tel me how it is cuz they never died before.

kayinfra
well wat i think wen ure dead theses nothing else u can feel its the end period

Makedde

Depends on how you die. If you get shot or stabbed, or die of a terminal illness, you'll be in pain.

I want to die peacefully, with dignity, which is what we all deserve.

FistOfThe North
Leonardo Da Vinci had his most loyal student observe him and take notes of him while he was dying in order to for others to know more about the physical process of death.

And while Da Vinci was taking his last gasps of air, he was telling his student what was happening to him, and how he felt physically, all in the name of science.

debbiejo
So, did it hurt or not?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Draco69
People aren't getting the point of the question. He's asking does it hurt when you DIE. I mean expire. You're no longer alive.

DYING is another matter because yes DYING can hurt. But we don't know if it hurts or not when we DIE.

Right. The point of death might not hurt, but the time leading up to it certainly can hurt.

FistOfThe North
So, did it hurt or not?

No, he wasn't in pain but if i'm recalling correctly DaVinci said he felt that certain body parts felt extremely weak or near numb, more than other organs which can probably explain that while dying, organs or body parts die off individually. Not all at once as people think.

Like 2 or 3 hrs before he died, DaVinci said his sight was practically gone, but he could still speak. His hearing was semi-fading but he could still talk . His stomach felt lightly numb, but he could still slowly turn his head . Leading me to believe that some organs can still be active after death and not everything goes all at once as he was trying to prove.

And i'm assuming that if one organ goes it's far less painful or uncomfortable then experiencing 2 or more organs go. Besides, I don't think your body will wait for all organs to die if say your heart stops. Even though the hearts a muscle. So what he was saying was sensible.

In only a matter of time, 100% of people in KMC will die and experience this feeling first hand. It'll be ok because it'll be painless. Unless you die a painful death, lol

But to answer the thread question and yours, No. He wasn't in pain. If he was he'd mention it. He always said he wanted to take everything into account when his time came. Damn i forget the name of the book. I think it was just "Leonardo DaVinci".

debbiejo
I do know that in the dieing that organs usually do fail one at a time. The brain being last........Though I guess if you're really lucky, your brain would be one of the first to go....Lucky Alzheimer's patients.

Good! I'm glad I won't be in any pain... cool

I don't like pain

SaTsuJiN
It depends on the amount of trauma you sustained.. but when push comes to shove, your nervous system shuts down from the other body systems shutting down... most likely death will not be felt.. the soul probably just dims and then goes out

the events that lead to death could be painful though.. but that refers to my statement about varying trauma

AOR
Pain is instantaneous. It is only prolonged by more moments of it...

because my opinion deems it so...

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
Pain is instantaneous. It is only prolonged by more moments of it...

because my opinion deems it so... When your body goes in shock you don't feel much pain.

AOR
True, but that'd due to certain levels of pain...

FistOfThe North
Exactly as SaTsuJin said. You just dim out. I think you feel less and less pain in the moments just before your body dies.

It seems seconds before dieing, it'll be like your involuntarily sleepy until soon enough you actually go to sleep and just stay that way for ever, experiencing no more pain, problems or worries ever again, for eternity. No more worrying about death.

I wonder what happens to the mind or conscious since both products aren't physical. I wonder if they dim out as well?

debbiejo
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I wonder what happens to the mind or conscious since both products aren't physical. I wonder if they dim out as well? I believe they're set free to feel more alive....Just a change of location as all.

AOR
I believe they're set free to feel more alive....Just a change of location as all.

I would take it that the mind/conscious would move on. If the mind is as powerful as science claims it to be, it could perhaps make itself a final destination...

because my opinion deems it so...

FistOfThe North
Yes but since if it's our own conscious, will we still be apart of it after death? Or is consciousness just something thats not ours but is simply a separate entity that shares an ambiance with the mind that moves on after death.

Meaning if our conscious does move on and live on, does our person go with it and will we know who we were and who we are after physical death?

debbiejo
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Meaning if our conscious does move on and live on, does our person go with it and will we know who we were and who we are after physical death? I believe so, and at that point our physical life would seem more like a dream than a reality.

Da preacher
Originally posted by Gouki
In death, there is more pain, more than anything you have ever experienced. It is based on how much you have sinned. Right before you die, it should be the most spectacular thing you have felt. That is, if you have the pleasure if dieing in a less painful way, than getting decapitated or drowning. In your death bed. Or somewhere else, that isn't so severe. Where you can't think of what's to come.

Decapitation, if done right, don't hurt.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Da preacher
Decapitation, if done right, don't hurt.

How do you know that?

Vinny Valentine
No one knows if it hurts when you die. If you Die you can't tell anyone, and since your brain is dead when you die, you wouldn't feel brain so No, it doeesn't hurt.

Da preacher
This thread gives me the creeps.

debbiejo
Look, I died before, and I can't remember... confused HAHAHAHAA

Mindship
Like a motherf----r!
I don't know how anyone gets through it.

sammii
i think it depending on how you died , ex if you were burning to death then of course it would hurt but once your actually dead then know how can u be hurting

Shin_Gouken
Yes it hurts a lot. After all, I know exactly how it feels. smile

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
No one knows if it hurts when you die. If you Die you can't tell anyone, and since your brain is dead when you die, you wouldn't feel brain so No, it doeesn't hurt.

you contradict yourself.

Originally posted by Mindship
Like a motherf----r!
I don't know how anyone gets through it.

they don't

is it comprehensible.....

Storm
For some, I believe the process of being dying, the struggle during the time period until their actual death can be painful, depending on the diagnose. But once the moment has arrived, I imagine it to be peaceful and liberating.

FistOfThe North
That Terry Shiavo woman or whatever her name was. That woman that had that feeding tube removed by a US court order in 2005, i think. I heard she was unable to feel pin at all. Like there was a missing or non-working part of her brain that allowed her to feel pain and it was invalid. So she didn't feel pain when she was killed.

lancethebrave
I do believe that it would depend on alot of things, such as how you die, how long it takes you to die, where you die,what your thinking as you die (emotional pain), and where the death is initiated from such as a gunshot to the leg that caused great bleeding and wont stup (not likely) or a gunshot to the head which would be more instant with a slight chance for your survival and if you did survive you wouldnt for very long or in an intellegent state if your lieing down on a bed or have a "great spiritual connection" you may just meditate to the end of your life and if you do have that "great spiritual connection" it can cause the pain to leave you end your thoughts will be cleared... all it really requires is great concentration on having a clear mind, ive sat in snow in shorts and a t-shirt and couldnt feel the bitter cold until i had been distracted by someone, though the removal of pain would be much harder to clear from your mind but once you do it there would be no pain and you would die peacefully

Hack Benjamin
Kindof a pointless question, who cares? We exprience pain every moment of our lives, wether physiqual or emotional, and death is something that cannot be avoided, so why worry about such things?

A better question would be does the pain stop (or atleast decrease) when one dies, but then, none of us would know untill we ourselves die now would we? It's best then to think about how we can decrease are level of pain here and now, and not concern ourselves with the realm of the dead, who seem to want to be left alone anyway..

lancethebrave
I have sometimes thought what it would be like to experiance death... though i have never tried it, and it is basically a preference thing it can depend wether you care on wether you enjoy pain or not of which few people enjoy it but it is possible to find someone who is

Darth Nepulis

I agree. Energy cannot be destroyed, it can only change from one form to another.

The Black Ghost
It obviously hurts when you are burning to death or being sliced apart by needles but once you're dead there is no way you can feel pain- mostly because you are dead. cool

2-D
Originally posted by Decay
i saw a tv show on near death experiences not too long ago actually. as long as you arnt killed instantly or unconcious i think that youd understand whats happening and feel your heart stop for a split second. blood is still circulating so as long as its oxyginated i think youd know. one of the reasons they stopped decapitation is because the head was sometimes still alive for a short time. they even used to pick the head up and show it the body before it died. it was only a few seconds but you can remain concious with no heartbeat.

in some of the cases it was very convincing that after the person had died something still occured. a woman had her brain completly drained of blood for an operation and she was able to talk about what happened and what the instruments looked like during the procedure. they dont uncover the instruments until the patient is completly unconcious so she didnt see them before hand, and she didnt regain conciousness until after she had been taked from the room. there was no brain activity at all becuase their was no blood, but she could remember the conversations and what everyone was doing. she said she was in the top corner of the room watching it happen. there were a bunch of cases similar with people ariving unconcious and remembering the nurses faces and what doctors said during the proceedure, but none of them had a patient that was completly braindead like the woman whos brain was drained.

they also had someone explaining why it is that you see a tunnel and all that from a scientific point of view and how certian parts of the eye black out first giving the illusion of a dark tunnel with light at the end. ultimatly the number of cases and some of the details made me side against her pretty strongly. she couldnt explain the woman with no blood and some other things like that.

most of them, reguardless of the trauma, said it was peaceful and painless. the woman who didnt believe in it said that the brain releases alot of hormones that would give you a euphoria just before you died, so while you might feel your heart stop very briefly i dont think it would bother you much. if you were burning alive or something like that you might still feel alot of pain and stuff but if you were shot or suffered extreme injuries and were still concious, it seems that from a scientific and spiritual point of view that your last moments wouldnt involve much pain at all. leading up would but when your heart was about to stop beating and your brain was dying you would feel peaceful and happy.

I wouldn't know 've never died but i reckon it would hurt i mean when u stop breathing it could be like you are suffocating confused

2-D
Y'know like "HELP I CNA'T BREATH I'M DYING AHHHHHHHHHHHHH-----" that whole thing confused

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
idk when i die i hope its painful, that way i'll know that i was living.

it seems crazy or weird but until i feel pain everything is like im dreaming.

Chaosbark
Originally posted by Storm
For some, I believe the process of being dying, the struggle during the time period until their actual death can be painful, depending on the diagnose. But once the moment has arrived, I imagine it to be peaceful and liberating.
I'm guessing someone knows exactly when they die then? Er, 'process of being dying'? Do you mean the process of dying or having to deal with the struggle of the notion of death? The only way someone's death could perhaps be peaceful, maybe even liberating would be to go in their sleep. Otherwise, you're somewhat aware that you're dying. That in a way could be painful, or the struggle to deal with the approach of death. Incomplete experiences and such that you wish you could've done yet will have no more time press your mind. Yet, then again you could have an oblivious death. Say someone simply approached you silently from behind and in some means inflicted an instant death blow or gunshot. You wouldn't be aware that you've died. Unless their was some form of after-life or something along those lines.

Evil Dead
the fatal wound or affliction may cause pain......but the actual process of death does not. Before any human dies, they lose conciousness......no matter the manner of wound or affliction. An unconcious human does not feel pain.

Jonathan Mark
"I'm not afraid of death; but dying scares the hell out of me."
-Jack Cleary

TheSpinner
I would like to think NOT while I am still alive. But I will know for sure once I die.

debbiejo
Yeah, we would like to know that.

Vinny Valentine
I don't think dying can hurt.

Your brain shuts off, cutting off all nerves making you feel nothing.

So, technically, it cannot hurt.

debbiejo
But usually your brain is the last thing to shut down..

our key
no 1 is quite sure on wat it feels like to die cause when u die u either go to heaven or hell (if they exist) and u have no way of telling any one wat it was like

El_NINO
laughing

Evil Dead
bollocks.

there is no such thing as death before loss of conciousness. We do not need to die to know that pain is not felt while a human being is unconcious. We induce unconciousness hundreds of times daily for the sole purpose of eliminating pain. Ever had surgery? yeah.......

SpadeKing
depends how you die no expression

Evil Dead
no

it

doesn't

Julie
I doubt it...pain is mostly something felt by the living....so once your dead you prob don't care any more

FeceMan
No, I don't think death itself is painful. Now, the means by which one gets there, that is another story.

Jen'ari

What an asinine post.

tigertail21
I'm not sure if I'm right but I take medication for schzphrenia, depression, disorders like that. I take seroquel about 600 mgs a day of that one, 40 mgs of prozac. There has been a few occasions on which I took double the dosage of the seroquel by accident because I forgot that I already taken them, A feeling of extreme fatigue more than normal then a lot more thats when I realized I took too many, I tried to stand up but my balance was terrible I couldn't think straight in fact I could barely manage a normal thought period, my lungs hurt my breathing became hrder to do it felt almost like my lungs wanted to shut down and I began to twitch a lot little jolts and the rest of my body was just getting weaker and weaker for some reason I didn't want to call an ambulance until I was absolutely sure I was real trouble but even that might have too late. All I could do was try to stay awake as long as possible until this feeling passed I swear to god I think I would have died if I lost concence. I don't know it was an awful feeling I'm a lot more careful now because of this. Is there anyone who can realte to this story? Tell me about it.

Bardock42
No one knows if it hurts when you die.

so No, it doeesn't hurt.

leonheartmm
death, no, probably not. everything right BEFORE death, yea, thats bound to hurt unless its so sudden that the sensation doesnt even reach your brain.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by tigertail21
I'm not sure if I'm right but I take medication for schzphrenia, depression, disorders like that. I take seroquel about 600 mgs a day of that one, 40 mgs of prozac. There has been a few occasions on which I took double the dosage of the seroquel by accident because I forgot that I already taken them, A feeling of extreme fatigue more than normal then a lot more thats when I realized I took too many, I tried to stand up but my balance was terrible I couldn't think straight in fact I could barely manage a normal thought period, my lungs hurt my breathing became hrder to do it felt almost like my lungs wanted to shut down and I began to twitch a lot little jolts and the rest of my body was just getting weaker and weaker for some reason I didn't want to call an ambulance until I was absolutely sure I was real trouble but even that might have too late. All I could do was try to stay awake as long as possible until this feeling passed I swear to god I think I would have died if I lost concence. I don't know it was an awful feeling I'm a lot more careful now because of this. Is there anyone who can realte to this story? Tell me about it.

I take thyroid meds and it can make me really sick if I miss any or take more then I should. I use one of these...

http://www.productsforseniors.com/prodimages/hea267.jpg

Bardock42
Hehe, wtf, hehe.

inimalist
lol

one would need to define "death", "self" and maybe "you" before this question is answerable.

the simplest answer, as lots of people have pointed out, is that it would depend how.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, it's really just what kills you that determines the level of pain. The simple act of dying without incident would probably be painless though.

Originally posted by inimalist
lol

one would need to define "death", "self" and maybe "you" before this question is answerable.

Death: Not living anymore
Self: You
You: Self

Go!

Deja~vu
Death: The nonexistence of the human body.

Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k?

Deja~vu
Death is not the end all to our life as it is. It is simply certaina circumstance that would make us react. Death again is not the end all of everything.................It I..E..is part the IN's and outs of life..

Life is temporal. I will not forgo my thoughts. They are special and precise and in lined with the New Science of Quantum..whether is string therapy and many others that I am not to touch on

De~vu

LatinoStallion
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Death is not the end all to our life as it is. It is simply certaina circumstance that would make us react. Death again is not the end all of everything.................It I..E..is part the IN's and outs of life..

Life is temporal. I will not forgo my thoughts. They are special and precise and in lined with the New Science of Quantum..whether is string therapy and many others that I am not to touch on

De~vu

big grin

inimalist

rubbish

nothing quantum has anything to do with thinking

Bardock42
String Therapy?

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
String Therapy?

Music, particularly string instruments.

Edit:

Or it could be that practice (I forget the name), where you swallow and pass a very long (usually thin) piece of cloth through your gut. At one point, you have several feet of yet swallowed line hanging from your mouth, while you have several feet of fecal soaked line hanging out of your ass.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, it's really just what kills you that determines the level of pain. The simple act of dying without incident would probably be painless though.

Death: Not living anymore
Self: You
You: Self

Go!

The self = you thing is somehow a problem to me.

Also. There are different ideas what this thread is about.

1. There are the ones that talk about the short time before death, that leads to you dying, for example being stabbed.

2. There are the ones that talk about the exact moment where you go from being alive to being dead, which is hard to define, really.

and 3. there are the ones that talk about being dead.

To answer those three views from my perspective: 1. Depends 2. Probably not and 3. Probably not

Also.

No one knows if it hurts when you die.

so No, it doeesn't hurt.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Music, particularly string instruments. Oh right, Prof. Pachelbel and those.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh right, Prof. Pachelbel and those.

I edited, as I thought of something else "string therapy" might/could be, considering it's Debbie and her weirdness.

Deja~vu
Men are really stupid.

j/k

The new sciences of Quantum are so spectacular in theories that it makes me wonder why most people don't see the connections or similar correlations between life and the visible and non life the invisible. And if there is some unseen activity we are now seeing in some experiments then why are people still living in the cave age of Neutonics alone?

inimalist
what quantum theories are there that relate to thinking?

Symmetric Chaos
what quantum theories are there that relate to thinking?

Some versions of Universality.

Various neo-existentialist rubber science doctrines.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Some versions of Universality.

Various neo-existentialist rubber science doctrines.

do these theories assume thinking is not a product of neuron activity?

Symmetric Chaos
do these theories assume thinking is not a product of neuron activity?

I have no idea.

Robtard
Men are really stupid.

j/k

The new sciences of Quantum are so spectacular in theories that it makes me wonder why most people don't see the connections or similar correlations between life and the visible and non life the invisible. And if there is some unseen activity we are now seeing in some experiments then why are people still living in the cave age of Neutonics alone?

Care to spell out what exactly you're referring to, please? Just throwing out opposites like invisible/visible, life/non-life and using the words "Quantum" and "Neutonics" doesn't really mean shit.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Care to spell out what exactly you're referring to, please? Just throwing out opposites like invisible/visible, life/non-life and using the words "Quantum" and "Neutonics" doesn't really mean shit.

Ya, she has to use big blue text in conjunction with "Quantum" and "Neutonics". laughing out loud

Robtard
I'd be happy with just a logical sentence.

Deja~vu
do these theories assume thinking is not a product of neuron activity? Can neuron activity be influenced by outside vibrations? Everything has a vibration both visible and invisible. Vibrations or waves are just part of particle wave theory. They interact with everything. smile

inimalist
what vibrations?

If you are asking if it is possible that quantum effects are seen with regard to neuronal function, the answer is no. Quantum effects require much more stable environments than that inside of the brain.

I think you are confusing new age technobabble for real science. "Vibrations" are actually not scientific

Deja~vu
PHYSICS:
Strings Unknot Problems in Particle Theory, Black Holes
James Glanz
PHILADELPHIA--String theory is going to work. This mathematical structure, based on 10-dimensional "strings" with vibrations and interactions that may describe the structure of our universe at its most fundamental level, has seemed remote from the problems other physicists grapple with. But reports at a meeting here showed that string theory sometimes opens the way to solving seemingly intractable problems in other realms of theory, such as where information is stored inside a black hole.

We investigate a one-dimensional antiferromagnetic Heisenberg model coupled to quantum lattice vibration by a quantum Monte Carlo method. For heavy mass, the lattice fluctuation can be regarded to be adiabatic and the system dimerizes at low temperature. On the other hand, for light mass, the lattice takes a uniform configuration on the thermal average and magnetic properties coincide with those of the uniform lattice system. These phenomena can be understood from the difference of the time scale of the motion between the spin and the lattice.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6TVH-48769MY-K&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=f79cc79c03e5fa8ab5bd35943559d3fb

This provides the first step" to devising better tests of Turin's theory, says biochemist Shuguang Zhang of M.I.T., whose lab is exploring the idea. "At least it shows the alternative theory is possible."

Is Sense of Smell Powered by Quantum Vibrations?
Controversial theory gets green light from physicists
By JR Minkel http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=is-sense-of-smell-powered

Turin says the strongest tests of his theory so far come from studies in which researchers replace an odorant atom with an isotope of that atom, which has a slightly different weight and changes the molecule's frequency of vibration. In animals his predictions hold up, but the evidence is mixed in people, he says....

inimalist
fair enough

I'll spare you the trouble too, there are 2 or 3 theories that suppose quantum effects at certain parts of chemical reactions involved in neuron function. None of them hold up outside of theoretical models, and most of the models suppose very unlikely things.

Also, pragmatically, uncertain quantum phenomena having a role in neural activity would highly reduce the efficency of our brain (especially if it is involved in the ionic pathways responsible for action potential propogation).

Give a read here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16446022?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=1&log$=relatedarticles&dbfrom=pubmed

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17959290?ordinalpos=6&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

find the articles if you can, very good papers

svetlu

It is individually. However, it is importent to remember that YOU are not reincarnated; your soul is. Your soul is on its own journey - it has been in other places before you and will travel on when you are gone. Even though all objects have a spiritual force connected to them, your soul can't trade places with any of them. You can be only in another body of human creature that is capable of continuing the process of attaintment. But that still leaves plenty of options open, don't you think?

Bardock42
Can neuron activity be influenced by outside vibrations? Everything has a vibration both visible and invisible. Vibrations or waves are just part of particle wave theory. They interact with everything. smile

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=A_Mighty_Wind&quote=vibration.txt&file=vibration.wav

Terry Bohner: "This is not an occult science. This is not one of those crazy, uh systems of divination and astrology. That's stuff's hooey and you gotta have a screw loose to go in for that sort of thing. Our s... Our, our, our beliefs are fairly commonplace and simple to understand. Humankind is simply materialized color opperating on the 49th vibration. You would, uh. make that conclusion walking down the street or going to the store."

Deja~vu
Come back in 50 years and tell me if some theories are wrong. I'll do the same.

ragesRemorse
Do you think if i overdose on an amount of pain killers high enough to send me in cardiac arrest that i would feel any pain?

High Priest
nothing hurts when you die you are taken over by a spirt that makes you feel free

agphoenix
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Do you think if i overdose on an amount of pain killers high enough to send me in cardiac arrest that i would feel any pain?
Nice! clapping

My answer:
Yes, it may hurt if I'm bleeding to death because of a rusty iron rod piercing my perineum.

Kosta
Can you imagine the emotional or spiritual anguish of a person who knows they are going to die when they are not prepared to do so?

Deja~vu
Guess I would depend on your type of death. Me, well I hope I die quickly of course. If the plane is falling from the sky I am sure I can count on the oxygen depletion and pass out first. cool

Otherwise I'd just like to bleed out.
OR:
have my heart stop
OR:
get hit by a car that I don't know is coming.
OR:
Get shot in the head from behind and not know it.

Guess what I am saying is that I don't want to see it happening........just let it happen...lol

MightyCelestial
I'm don't know,
but if they try to resuscitate you with a defibrillator,
I figure that's gotta hurt.

simosimosimo
i think that sooner or later we all will found out!
I personaly take life as a climbing of a mountain:
when your are born - you are at the base of the mountaint!!
when you are 33-34 - the age in which jesus died - you are in your peak - you are on the top of the mountain -
when you are in your old years - you are in coming down from the mountain, and shit!
My idea is - i think that dying is the same as being born, only the process reversed! I think the pain will be felt the same, as a baby feels his first breath / when dying - last breath, a baby feels his hirst heart stroke/ when dying - last stroke (do u remember all that ? do you remember your first breath, and first heart stroke - i think not!! SO no i don't think that the process of shutting your vital functions will hurt! no, but after we are dead, we will face God and he will judge us for our doing when we were alive, i think that God is the true answer, if ya all accept God - you don't need to be scared of anything!!! that was from me!!!

simosimosimo
btw i think taht michael jackson was high, he passed out and then he died, thats an awsome way to die!

simosimosimo
The Dying Process

As technology helps us to live longer, it will also shape how we die. With a higher-brain definition of death, you're gone when your personality is. With a whole-brain definition of death, you've lost the ability to breathe on your own again. Each breath provides the oxygen necessary for survival to the rest of the body. Very simply, dying starts to happen when your body doesn't get the oxygen it needs to survive.

Different cells die at different speeds, so the length of the dying process depends on which cells are deprived of oxygen. The brain requires a tremendous amount of oxygen but keeps very little in reserve, so any cutoff of oxygen to the brain will result in cell death within three to seven minutes; that's why a stroke can kill so quickly. When blood is cut off from the heart, a heart attack occurs and can also take a life fairly swiftly. But since our bodies aren't designed to last forever, sometimes the body's systems just simply wear out. When someone dies of extremely old age, and the family is gathered around the deathbed, you're basically observing the breakdown of these systems.

There are some outward signs that these systems are slowing down. The person will begin sleeping more to conserve the little energy that's left. When that energy is gone, the individual may lose the desire to eat and then to drink. Swallowing becomes difficult and the mouth gets very dry, so forcing the person to eat or drink could cause choking. The dying person loses bladder and bowel control, but accidents will occur less frequently as those gastrointestinal functions shut down as well and he or she consumes less.

elderly woman asleep in hospital bed
Photodisc/Getty Images
As death nears, measures can be taken to make the patient more comfortable.

Any _pain that the dying person feels at this point can usually be managed by a doctor in some way, but it can be unbelievably difficult to watch these final steps of a person's life. The stage right before a person dies is called the agonal phase. The dying person is often disoriented, and it will seem like he or she can't get comfortable. It will also seem, disconcertingly, that the person can't catch a breath. There may be agonizing pauses between loud, labored breaths. If there is fluid built up in the lungs, then that congestion will cause a sound known as the death rattle. As the cells inside a person lose their connections, the person may start convulsing or having muscle spasms.

We can't know exactly how the person is feeling at this point, though those who have had near-death experiences (NDE) seem to agree that the process isn't painful. NDEs appear to have some common characteristics, including a feeling of peace and well-being, a sense of separation from the physical body and a sensation of walking through darkness to enter light. You can read more about NDEs in How Near-death Experiences Work.

Some doctors think that a near-death experience might be due to endorphins that the body releases at the actual moment of death . When the heartbeat and breath stop, the person is clinically dead. There's no circulation, and no new reserves of oxygen are reaching cells. However, clinical death also denotes that this is a point where the process is reversible, by means of CPR, a transfusion or a ventilator.

The point of no return is biological death, which begins about four to six minutes after clinical death. After the heartbeat stops, it only takes that long for brain cells to begin dying from lack of oxygen. Resuscitation is impossible at this point.

What you think has happened to the essence of the person at this point is dependent on your religious and cultural beliefs. But as our examination of the postmortem body on the next page will reveal, there's not a lot of time for sitting around and staring at the corpse.

Tattoos N Scars
Does death physically hurt? I would argue that it depends on how you die. Obviously, if you're vaporized via a nuclear bomb, you wouldn't feel a thing. If you are suffering through a disease such as cancer, then some discomfort would inevitably be involved. However, pain medications do help with the discomfort. My mother died with lung related complications. She could not breathe on her on, so she was required to use an oxygen machine with a tube directly inserted into her lungs. Eventually, her lungs failed entirely and the machine could no longer sustain her, so she had to be removed from it. I was there when she died. When they removed her from the machine, she seemed to go peacefully...which I'm grateful for. However, I couldn't tell with absolute certainty unless I was in her situation. I'm not sure how numb her pain receptors were through all the morphine that was given to her. I had to make a judgment based on what I witnessed and the testimony of the doctors and nurses that said she wouldn't feel anything.

In general, I say that you will not feel much if you are under a qualified doctor's care. However, death would be a different experience for everyone, I would imagine.

FistOfThe North
I remember reading something years back in school about this.

Something about the body dying due to just one organ completely failing. Like you can die via organ failure and have all of the organs still healthy and fully functioning at around the time of natural death. (jeez, hurry up stem cell)

if it's natural old age death i see it as a super calm slipping or "passing" into a sleep you'll never wake up from.

if it's desease death i see it and mildy painful/euphoric then the slipping into sleeping.

blunt trauma, well, i know you can't die of pain, your body'd go into shock before slipping into unconsiousness with pain. But i figure it be intensely painfull for less than a minute before you go into shock, then slip away moments later.

drowning, i read how drowing seemingly induces euphoria just seconds before passing out and how the worst part of drowing may be you paniking. And something about your lungs will sear for under 10 seconds but after that your home free.

instant death, well, pain is zero no matter the way.

my take.

Bicnarok

simosimosimo

Jaeh.is.Awesome
maybe it depends how you die...

Bicnarok

jinXed by JaNx
death doesn't hurt but dying does.

siriuswriter

this sounds a lot like childbirth...

except there's no slimy baby at the end.

.... or is there?

Bicnarok
I think the best way to avoid the painful stressful dyeing experience might be getting blown to crap by an atom bomb or something.

LordFear
All I CAN say is that life is painful, dying is the easy part

occultdestroyer
The only way to find out is to make a machine that advances your cellular decomposition (pre-mature aging) and wait in your death bed.

kgkg
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
death doesn't hurt but dying does.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I think the best way to avoid the painful stressful dyeing experience might be getting blown to crap by an atom bomb or something.

I'd say in your sleep. That way the rid yourself of the anxeity and terror awaiting to be pulverized by a bomb would induce.

Well unless you get hit unexpectedly, but still. It's a horribly violent way to go. Phisically painless, maybe, cause there've been atomic bomb survivors, but the psychological impact would be just unbearable for some.

CrissCross941
Death, can be an hour long process, when you're psychically shut down, but have a chance to recover. I don't believe this hurts because your brainwaves aren't forming thoughts and pain, which is an evolutionary necessity to let one know if he/she is hurt, so your brain can't form the thought of pain. So, no pain.

And after that, we go into religion.

icu311
Whether dying hurts is a matter of how you die, I would think. Suffocating to death vs. a bullet to the brain comes to mind. What's interesting to me is the surge of adrenaline and other physical reactions from your body when you think you're going to die. Ask someone who has had a NDE to explain the crazy feeling you experience when you realize that you are going to die.

WhiskeyGirl

It definitely depends on how you die.

A lot of times, if you're dying from an injury your body will usually go into shock so you'll have a cold, numb feeling.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>