News on The Day of the Dead Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
www.horror-movies.ca/horror_4851.html

According to Variety, the upcoming remake of Day of the Dead will be directed by Steve Miner ("Friday the 13th Part 2", "Halloween H20" and "Lake Placid"wink.. and it is also being said that Jeffrey Reddick ("Final Destination"wink will be writing the script.
The film will be produced by Millennium's Avi Lerner and Boaz Davidson, Randall Emmett, George Furla and James Glenn Dudelson. Robert Dudelson, M. Dal Walton, Trevor Short and Danny Dimbort are executive producing with Paul Mason and Jordan Rush. Avi Lerner said that they are:

"Very enthusiastic about the marketplace's continued demand for new and exciting horror pictures, and we are please to have Steve helm this."

James Glenn Dudelson is known for directing the unofficial prequel/sequel "Day of the Dead 2: Contagium" together with Ana Clavell. So is this a good sign? I don't know, but Steve Miner made some very nice movies in the past, so lets wait till we know more before we judge this project. Who knows, it also could turn out as good as the "Dawn of the Dead" Remake.

In the original movie the walking dead have taken over the world. Only a small band of scientists and soldiers are definitely known to remain, and they have taken refuge in an underground missile silo.

The only hope for survival of the human race hinges on discovering a way to either control the walking dead or get them back into their graves for good.

Wolfie
The Dawn remake was pretty cool. The NOTLD remake is good too, right? I haven't seen it. So I'm keeping an open mind about this one.

LizzyT123
Yeah, I haven't seen the NOTLD remake either. I didn't even know there was one out! I saw the Dawn remake, and I didn't think it was so bad, I thought it was pretty cool! Everyone else thinks its crap though, cept wolfie, lol

Man, the original Day was creepy, and gave me a gross feeling, lol. Thats the one where at the beginning the guy keeps yelling, "HELLO?" over and over again?

Nevermind
I'm yet to see Contagium and the NOTLD remake, although I did enjoy the DOTD remake. From what I heard Contagium is pretty awful but I have heard good things from the NOTLD remake. Who knows how good this remake will be but I'll see it, hopefully for the sake of the series it is. I don't know how official this news really is since there is no update of imdb.

Zilverz
Originally posted by Wolfie
The Dawn remake was pretty cool. The NOTLD remake is good too, right? I haven't seen it. So I'm keeping an open mind about this one.

You are right to keep an open mind. But the Problem is the original Day of the Dead 1985 is an absolutely Masterpiece

Story A+
Characters A+++
Special Effects A+

Why remake it when you couldnt possibly make a better movie. It is Impossible. IMPOSSIBLE

BackFire
Originally posted by Zilverz
You are right to keep an open mind. But the Problem is the original Day of the Dead 1985 is an absolutely Masterpiece

Story A+
Characters A+++
Special Effects A+

Why remake it when you couldnt possibly make a better movie. It is Impossible. IMPOSSIBLE

And yet there will be some people who claim the remake will be better then the original.

LizzyT123
But some people just don't understand the good movies....The people who think Boogeyman is scary

steverules
I never did like day of the dead, there wasn't much gore or killing zombies, or naked women..........yep didn't like it one bit.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by steverules
I never did like day of the dead, there wasn't much gore or killing zombies...

Apparently you've never seen "Day of the Dead". It's one of the goriest movies of all time behind "Dead Alive".

steverules
Am I thinking of the wrong movie, OK in the movie day of the dead does a scientist dude teach a zombie how to more aless act like a human.

LizzyT123
yup, your right. The smart zombie's name is Bud I think. That movie was pretty creepy, especially since that one main character girl(can't remember the name) was the only woman in the whole facility, locked in with a bunch of horny army soldiers...worst situation ever! lol

Nevermind
Am I thinking of the wrong movie, OK in the movie day of the dead does a scientist dude teach a zombie how to more aless act like a human.

Yes, and in fact there was a lot of gore in it.

steverules
Yes, but there wasn't really alot of people killing zombies, I mean they were locked outside and couldn't get in and basically it was about testing them. Plus the zombies weren't really a threat but the crazy army dudes were, I decided to record over the movie with euro trip, which is quite a good movie.

LizzyT123
oh geez, euro trip? I laughed like for two minutes total on that movie! There actually was a lot of zombie gore in that movie.....I dunno, maybe it just wasn't enough for yagiljotiini

smile

jayy
Originally posted by BackFire
And yet there will be some people who claim the remake will be better then the original.

No way. It will never happen. The original Day Of The Dead is classic. Leave it alone.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3509/hennifertreadmill4ky.gif

tpaquin
Originally posted by jayy
No way. It will never happen. The original Day Of The Dead is classic. Leave it alone.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3509/hennifertreadmill4ky.gif

The original Dawn was a classic, too,(Better than Day, in my opinion), and they did a decent job with the remake...they just took the basic setting and created a whole different world around it. As long as they don't emulate the original(Psycho, anyone?) they can make the remake shine on its own terms, even if it doesn't surpass the original in its overall presentation.

jayy
Originally posted by tpaquin
The original Dawn was a classic, too,(Better than Day, in my opinion), and they did a decent job with the remake...they just took the basic setting and created a whole different world around it. As long as they don't emulate the original(Psycho, anyone?) they can make the remake shine on its own terms, even if it doesn't surpass the original in its overall presentation.

DAWN original was good. Day Of The Dead remake. NO. Not unless they use the same director. And still NO, NO, NO!!

wink

Zilverz
I decided to record over the movie with euro trip, which is quite a good movie.

confused

thumb down thumb down thumb down

steverules
I don't know what's the prob, I didn't like day of the dead, is that so wrong.

Gaetane
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Apparently you've never seen "Day of the Dead". It's one of the g
oriest movies of all time behind "Dead Alive".

So RIGHT!! Day of the dead is like the best zombie movie EVER!!
Who needs naked women in that movie?!

zombieman
A Day of the Dead remake is a lot like a pencil without any lead...pointless.

jayy
Originally posted by Gaetane
So RIGHT!! Day of the dead is like the best zombie movie EVER!!
Who needs naked women in that movie?!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
DAY OF THE DEAD ORIGINAL RUULLLEEESSS!! YA HERD!!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/Larz61/266313007_s.gif

thomasgeorge
remakes spoil all

Impediment
I've seen all the remakes of the Living Dead movies, and I'll admit that I liked the 2004 remake of "Dawn", I even own it. But I also own the ORIGINAL version of Dawn of the Dead, and I have no doubt at all that the original reigns supreme. Always and forever. I have hopes for a "Day" remake, but that won't make it a better of the two. By no means.

LizzyT123
Yeah, I agree. I like the remakes, but that doesn't mean that I think the originals are bad.

Impediment
I just wish that Hollywood would get a fresh new idea instead of this remake trend that is going on these days. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror, The Fog,................and probably more to come. *sigh*

LizzyT123
I didn't even see The Fog, and it really doesn't look good. So I wont see it. I saw The Amityville Horror remake, and it was so stupid, the original was way better. And then, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre one...everyone at my school thought it was soooo scary, and I was like, you little sh*ts, you haven't even seen the original! The remake was NOT SCARY!

jayy
TCM remake was the best remake so far. Amityville Horror and The Fog were just plain gay.

wink

LizzyT123
don't say gay, say incredibly stupid

Impediment
Originally posted by jayy
TCM remake was the best remake so far.

You actually like the TCM remake?

jayy
Originally posted by Impediment
You actually like the TCM remake?

I wasn't too bad. I really like R. Lee Ermy. He's damn funny.
If I had to choose between TCM, Amityville and The Fog. Yeah I'll have to go with TCM.

The box office ticket sales will tell you which movie did the best.
TCM did.

big grin big grin

LizzyT123
oh jayy, your so special! Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?rolleyes1

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
oh jayy, your so special! Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?rolleyes1

I am special. Thanks. wink

I'm a bad boy. At least that's what my girlfriend tells me. eek! eek!

LizzyT123
whats that supposed to mean? lol!

jayy
Pretty self explanitory. Your too young. Maybe in a couple of years.

wink

LizzyT123
I know what it means, you and your girlfriend having some "fun" or some nudge nudge wink winks. She makes you her b*tch, stuff like that, I'm pretty innocent, but not that dumb, lol

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I know what it means, you and your girlfriend having some "fun" or some nudge nudge wink winks. She makes you her b*tch, stuff like that, I'm pretty innocent, but not that dumb, lol

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Let's just say, my girlfriend is very "open for anything."

wink wink

LizzyT123
They were playing Day of the Dead last night! But I only watched a little bit. It was kinda late, (and I was up crying, 2 of my pets died on thanksgiving!) so I was real tired. I made it to like, the part after that Juan guy gets a shot by the girl so he can calm down, and the girl talks to the army guys for a while. Then I decided I was to tired to go on. smile

ragin_canagin
Did you have 2 pet turkeys? LOL

LizzyT123
LOL! No, I'm glad I can take that as a joke now. Nope, they weren't turkeys.

BelaFan
Call me a snob, but I think the original Day and even Dawn are/were great, enjoyable, and classic are they are. Does every sub standard horror movie these days need to slap a cult classic title on it in order to sell admission tickets? Its kind of ironic that originally these titles were made independently/low budget (All the Dead Movies, Texas Chainsaw, Halloween) and now big shot studios are relying on their namesake to earn them the big bucks. It just goes to show you that big moneys don't always make great movies.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by BelaFan
Call me a snob, but I think the original Day and even Dawn are/were great, enjoyable, and classic are they are. Does every sub standard horror movie these days need to slap a cult classic title on it in order to sell admission tickets? Its kind of ironic that originally these titles were made independently/low budget (All the Dead Movies, Texas Chainsaw, Halloween) and now big shot studios are relying on their namesake to earn them the big bucks. It just goes to show you that big moneys don't always make great movies.

Word.

Zilverz
Well im sure most have heard by now that this movie is going full steam ahead.. with Ving Rhames playing as Rhodes .. news originally was the story was connected to Dawn with Ving still being alive .. but that was debunked ... anyway.. the original will be impossible to out do but hopefully the remake does well so the zombie genre can continue to be propelled forward.

If there are any writers out there, this is another sign that Hollywood is fresh out of original scripts. This is the time to get your scripts written, copyrighted, and find an agent.

jon84
I don't know if this has been posted before, but here it is, the Day of the Dead remake trailer. Check it out.

http://www.nuimage.net/film_library_detail.asp?txtQuickSearch_FilmTitle=%7BAEDDC72E-44BE-40DB-B9E9-E17CF94B08FA%7D

vintageSW77
Yeah it has 3 weeks back and its ****ing attrocious

When there is no imagination left in Hollywood............
The remakes will fill the multiplexes

xblanex
Originally posted by Zilverz

Story A+
Characters A+++
Special Effects A+

I completely agree

xblanex
hearing that the guy that made final destination will be writing the script and the guy that made the 2nd worst friday the 13th and a cheesy halloween movie makes me a hell of a lot less excited.

Espantada23
I'll wait for it top come out on dvd.

LaHaine
Originally posted by xblanex
hearing that the guy that made final destination will be writing the script and the guy that made the 2nd worst friday the 13th and a cheesy halloween movie makes me a hell of a lot less excited.

if i remember right, he direct friday part 2(?). if that's correct, then i must disagree with you. i enjoyed friday part 2 more than some of the friday entries.
just out of curiosity, what do you think is the 1st worst if that is your second?

i would say the absolute worst is jasonX, with manhatten closeby.

Espantada23
Jason Takes Manhattan is funny as hell though.

cropsy_is_god
Worst horror has to be seed of chucky or FT13th part 8 or Jason X

zippyg
Will Bubba the zombie be returning in all his awesomeness for this remake? Happy Dance What the f**k? blowupchairstarwarspokey

SelphieT
He has to! He was a huge thing in that movie. If they didn't it wouldn't be the same movie at all.

So it's official that they are remaking this one? Cool.

kodak
Steve Miner isnt that bad of a director.
with the help of George A. Romero it should be good.
Jeffrey Reddick on the other hand needs a little bit of help, this could be good for him.

One remake im looking forward to seeing.

And yes, bubba has to be there. he must, its an all out must!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/fullcredits#cast

They already have a full cast up if you want to have a look.

BackFire
I've heard the remake is disastrously bad.

Darth Vicious
sick Nick Cannon sick

JediSamuraiMRB
I've heard the remake is disastrously bad.

For that lone reason I'll see this and prolly laugh a whole lot.

ragesRemorse
Ohter than the casting choice on nick cannon. Im looking forward to this movie. I thought the Dawn remake was a great movie.

BackFire
For those who aren't aware, this remake is going straight to DVD.

JediSamuraiMRB

If thats the case then I'll rent it and hopefully it'll be good.

ragesRemorse

puke

SelphieT

NICK CANNON!? Dear god, no wonder it's going right to DVD. ****, I'll probably watch it anyways, but damn, that's stupid.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by SelphieT
NICK CANNON!? Dear god, no wonder it's going right to DVD. ****, I'll probably watch it anyways, but damn, that's stupid. el oh el

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by SelphieT
NICK CANNON!? Dear god, no wonder it's going right to DVD. ****, I'll probably watch it anyways, but damn, that's stupid.

My thoughts exactly. Ive heard that the movie is available online already for those familiar with torrents sites.

Röland
The people who saw this online said it was pure shit.

I'm not going to waste my time.

Zilverz
i have recently seen this movie.. <spoiler>zombies are fast paced and in a few scenes where they seemed to have some supernatural powers almost. IE: fast crawling on the ceiling. It did appear very creepy, but also seemed rediculous at the same time. Mena Suvari is in the lead role and althought she is attractive, she is in her military uniform the whole time, so it wasnt very flattering. The character they had play bud seemed like a cool guy, but what they planned for him in the script was just terrible. Nick cannon was also terrible. Ving Rhames played Rhodes, his role was very small.</spoiler>

This movie is not even the dragging chum off a zombie with the least screen time from the original. The only similarities is the character names. If you really like zombies ... have free time and a free option to view this, why not? But, you will be dissappointed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.