Good News for Romero Fans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard

eggmayo
Sequels, like, another in the trilogy?
That's not possible..

Zilverz
Originally posted by eggmayo
Sequels, like, another in the trilogy?
That's not possible..

He means the Continuation of his most recent installment
Land of the Dead

Wolfie
That might be interesting. I'm curious why they would put Romero's future Dead films straight to DVD and not in theaters.

papabeard
Maybe easier for them or they cant get appropriate funding

zombieman
I think he's talking about the 'Diamond Dead' spoof series.

Nevermind
I'm up for sequels/prequels myself, but straight to video release? I would really rather see them in the cinemas.

LizzyT123
seriously! They really should put them up in the theatres!

Evil Dead
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Land of the Dead

what trilogy?

Wolfie
"Trilogy" seems to be a loose term for some people. I've noticed a few times people call Hellraiser and ANOES trilogies.

Impediment
I've even overheard some people refer to all the FT13 movies as "trilogy".

Wolfie
Wow, that's stretching it a bit. stick out tongue

Evil Dead
wow....... a lot of idiotic people around. There is no stretching, trilogy means exactly three........hence the "tri"..... do these morons look at the Alien Quadrilogy box set and say, "haha, the studio messed up...there's no such thing as a quadrilogy. That's a trilogy!"........

morons I tell ya.....you guys need to stop letting it slide. I know you try to be nice to avoid confrontation but that's what's wrong with the youth of today.......not enough people saying, "god damn you're an ignorant ****.....know what you're talking about or keep your trap shut".

LizzyT123
that is pretty stupid. thats like when people use a term, and they don't know what it means, and they use it so much that someone asks them what it means, and they are speechless. Butt pirates.

ragesRemorse
land of the dead was so terribly dissapointing, Romero should go the houses of all his fans and personally appologize for such a crappy movie. The remake of his classic "dawn of the dead" was superior than his newest original work. Seeing land of the dead has tarnished his classics slightly for me. So, i hope they dont continue on with the crap he ended his quadrilogy with. Quadrilogy was for you evil dead. I almost slipped and said trilogy.

LizzyT123
Well, I liked Land of the Dead. I didn't really like the ending, but overall I enjoyed it! I think you, ragesRemorse, are trying to make George Romero live up to your expectations, but of course not in person, lol.

ragesRemorse
For me land of the dead was nothing new and had nothing memorable to me. By now i expect Romero to break away from the B movie style of filmaking. When i say that i mean i had hoped he would have focused on a more dynamic premise other than zombies are here and they're going to kill us if we dont kill them. He tried this with a few gimmicks like saying zombies are here, but we are not going to try and kill them, yet we are merely going to try and co-exist to the best of our abilities. From here his political and social refferences sprouted, which were poorly presented, or just poorly thought. Romero knew he couldnt do the same kind of storytelling he used in his previous films so he did the exact opposite, but it came off as being indentical to me, just had a few new tricks. The effects were even poor by the standards Romero had set for himself from his previous works.

Again, to me i had seen this movie and story a thousand times and nine hundred of those times i have seen it done better. I believe that Romero had instilled my expectations just by directing three good movies, so why should i not call him on them?

LizzyT123
hmm, you are right, but I dunno, maybe he just wanted to finally finish the movie, give his fans what they wanted all along, the final movie.

ragesRemorse
hey i'm not trying to take away the enjoyment that people had from this movie. I was just hoping to find a fellow romero fan that feels the same as i do so i can vent these dissapointments. I'm glad Romero finally did do the final one, just upset with the results.

ragin_canagin
I thought Land of the Dead was awful. I thought the remake of Dawn of the Dead far surpassed any of the original Romero 'Dead' movies.

LizzyT123
I enjoyed Land of the Dead, and I also enjoyed the remakes, but of course I like the originals. I'm pretty pleased with them all. Of course, Land of the Dead was an original, but it didn't end like any of the originals at all. It actually had a happy end, so I deffinetly think that that's the end of the Dead's.

Wolfie
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=12152

I thought this was interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.