Is Superman is he the most overrated Superhero ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
??

Draco69
No. He's not overrated by much. There ARE some people who boost him beyond his capabilities but considering some of his ridiculous storylines, I don't blame them.

Wolverine is and will always be the most overrated superhero of all time.

The Ion
Power level wise? Not at all. He's a top class multi-dimensional brick.

As a character? He's vastly underrated.

RAGE17
superman used to be overrated.....but now he is underestimated alot

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion

Agreed. ALOT of people have no understanding of his character. They think he's this perfect All-American jock with no personality whatsoever.

If you read his comics, he's quite human.

Smallville is helping to change the opinion though.

Creshosk
The DBZ characters are vastlty overrated. . . American comics? It's hard to overrate a character that really can do what people say he can.

golem370
Ok puting up against people like Thanos,Mangog,Silver Surfer or a Fully Powerful Morg even people like Apocalypse, is still kinda silly

Draco69
Blame the Superman haters. Like Darkone. They deliberately put DC characters like Superman or Batman against impossible odds like:

"Mangog, Dr. Strange, Fully-Powered Galactus, Thanos, Shuma Gorath Invade DC Earth!"

"They have 200 years of prep. DC Earth has none. Spectre is not allowed as is any other character that could stand against them or even beat them. The JLA have lost their powers. Who wins?"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Ion
Originally posted by Draco69
Blame the Superman haters. Like Darkone. They deliberately put DC characters like Superman or Batman against impossible odds like:

"Mangog, Dr. Strange, Fully-Powered Galactus, Thanos, Shuma Gorath Invade DC Earth!"

"They have 200 years of prep. DC Earth has none. Spectre is not allowed as is any other character that could stand against them or even beat them. The JLA have lost their powers. Who wins?"

roll eyes (sarcastic)
That or like the recent problem with Flash threads. Someone claims Flash can beat Hulk, which he can by the way, and all the DC haters go crazy with lame ass threads like Flash Vs Thanos, Flash Vs Tyrant, Flash Vs Eternity, etc.

Mr _Whirlysplat
I think Supes could certainly beat Apocalypse

Draco69
It's quite immature. For some odd reason they just can't handle a change in status quota when they don't know enough about the character. Like Green Lantern.

"Agh! Green Lantern can't be that powerful! All right than Green Lantern vs. Fully-Powered Galactus with the HOTU and the Infinity Gauntlet. Oh. He can't win? I thought he could do anything!"

Especially since the Marvelites are clinging to Rune King Thor, Sentry and Photon like their damn lives depend on it.

Draco69
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat

Apocalypse would lose to a Tele-Tubby.

Cosmic Cube
Superman is only overrated by people like JediMasterLuke. He is the epitome of a fanboy.

I quote him from the Superman vs Zeus thread:

"Superman wins. He's way too fast and too strong for Zeus."

THAT's fanboyism.

Most Superman fans (like Avvy, snoop, whirly, etc.) just want respect for the character. They don't overrate him, they just show how powerful he really is, and they always provide proof.

olympian
"I quote him from the Superman vs Zeus thread:

"Superman wins. He's way too fast and too strong for Zeus."

CC you by any chance ever saw the same thread on Superherohype boards? That sure reminds me of it.

Blasted that deja vu again. Its twice today it happens.

And no, he isent.

golem370
Apocalspe would give Superman so much trouble that he might be Supes He is just as fast on land he probably just as strong he just a durable and has just has much stamina reflexes and agility. On the other hand he is smarter a shape changer and he also has Celestial technology. Also he can have any superhuman powers what about Magic,Telepathy.

BobbyD
Overrated? No. Hated by many because he's the most popular? Yes.

Envy comes with popularity.

UniOmni
Is he the most overrated character ever?? Hmmm?
As a former megafan(never fanboy) of boy blue, i gotta say kinda. People put him up against odds that he would logically lose against, and his fanboys come in and start with the speedblitzing and sundips and etc. His personality is upstanding and noble, so thats not my gripe with the guy. Imo, its like his writers consult fanboys about who for him to trump next, or what new power/feat and they incorporate it into the the comics. So, no he isn't the most overrated. He's just seen that way because of the bullheaded, illogicalness of a small number of his fans. By the way, a true fan can admit when their favorite is beaten or outclassed. My favorite character is Batman, but i realize that alot of his past feats are outlandish. Taking a beating from Darkseid? Never on his best day.

XerxesLogan
Alot of the problems with putting Marvel characters verses DC characters and the reason why they recycle the big guys is the fact that the universes are writtin vastly different. Many of the marvel heroes are not gods, many of DC are (In context of power) Also DC is much more cosmic and singular it its approch. Marvel being more gritty and team orintated. Granded DC is starting to write differently with Infinite Crisis and whatnot.....but the serious problem of this whole concept remains the same. And it must be irritating for someone to constantly get berated cause' his super hero isn't a super as that guys. It would be like a marvel guy hacking on DC's lack of charaterzation at time and just hammering at it perfusly. Supes can be over rated at times, but generaly he is done well. Personally I like powering him down a little....it makes for more interesting stories to me, but....not all agree.

manjaro
batman/captain america two most overated ever! mister i can beat anybody no matter how much bigger and stronger than me they are. and u can never be defeated bcuz of all my contingency plans. and anybody who disses DBZ i will come to thier house and personally kill mad

spetznaz
The most overated character is Wolverine.
By far.
The guy is simply a short stocky dude with a bad hairjob and ginsu knives popping from his hands, yet for some reason several fanboys seem he is the Man.
He is not even close.

tiakocom
compare to the bats and wolvie supes is an angel...

NoFate007
Overated? No. Underated? No.

Misinterpreted? Yes.

I'm not a huge Superman fan, I've always thought it was ridiculous how many powers he has, and I never saw him as an interesting character because of that - save for when he's a part of the Justice League, then he takes on different personas. HOWEVER, I do recognize how powerful he is, and I'd never say someone like, Cyclops or whatever, could beat him. Wolverine, as much as I like the guy, is not going to defeat Superman. Batman has numerous times though, and it annoys me when people go "well that was bad writing every single one of those times".

Every character has a shot at being both underated and overated. At full potential, I think a lot of characters are more powerful than we give credit to - like Flash. People get mad when they see explanations where Flash could beat say, idk, just about anyone, and yet he has all these instances where he was uberpowerful.

What I would like to see end though, is the amount of threads that are characters that are above skyfather level. I'm sick of reading about Eternity vs Death vs Hungry Galactus vs Thanos vs Apocalypse with IG etc etc etc.

Threads were so much better when it was like, "Flash with 5 minutes of prep versus Avalanche with one minute of prep"

By the way I think Flash would win that one lol.

Juntai
Originally posted by NoFate007
Overated? No. Underated? No.

Misinterpreted? Yes.

I'm not a huge Superman fan, I've always thought it was ridiculous how many powers he has, and I never saw him as an interesting character because of that - save for when he's a part of the Justice League, then he takes on different personas. HOWEVER, I do recognize how powerful he is, and I'd never say someone like, Cyclops or whatever, could beat him. Wolverine, as much as I like the guy, is not going to defeat Superman. Batman has numerous times though, and it annoys me when people go "well that was bad writing every single one of those times".

Every character has a shot at being both underated and overated. At full potential, I think a lot of characters are more powerful than we give credit to - like Flash. People get mad when they see explanations where Flash could beat say, idk, just about anyone, and yet he has all these instances where he was uberpowerful.

What I would like to see end though, is the amount of threads that are characters that are above skyfather level. I'm sick of reading about Eternity vs Death vs Hungry Galactus vs Thanos vs Apocalypse with IG etc etc etc.

Threads were so much better when it was like, "Flash with 5 minutes of prep versus Avalanche with one minute of prep"

By the way I think Flash would win that one lol. Batman hasn't defeated Superman over and over, he fought him in hush, and didn't even beat him, had to drop Lois off a building to save his life. And in JLA Superman rushed him and chokeslammed him and put him in critical condition before he even could move.

The others like Dark Knight Returns and Dark Knight Strikes Again, are elseworlds.

brainchild81
It's between Supes Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This statement may scream of fanboyism to you skeptics, but I'll have to honestly say, that as I write this post, no superhero in any comic can defeat Superman in a fight. In and out of the DC realm., Batman and Wolverine. I still think Wolvie and Batman are cool though.

leonidas

brilliant and succinct.

thesilverspider
this is how i see it in comics
superman=every hero in comics and the comic business in general
yea sometimes he is overpowered or what not but come on this is the first hero all of time the G.O.A.T!

Piedmon
God, you DC kids are cliquish.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Piedmon
God, you DC kids are cliquish.

you talking about me cause i favor marvel over d.c anytime

Piedmon
Nah, I was reading Draco's posts at the start of the thread.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Piedmon
Nah, I was reading Draco's posts at the start of the thread.

yea draco is a die hard dc fan dont get him started on wonder women

Scoobless
Originally posted by thesilverspider
yea draco is a die hard dc fan dont get him started on wonder women

Iron Man could take Wonder Woman..... shifty

(he actually could yes )

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Scoobless
Iron Man could take Wonder Woman..... shifty

he actually could yes )
i think so 2............. evil face

The Ion
He could using repulsors and what not but she'd take him more often than not. yes

GODOFALL1
The most overrated superhero is BATMAN. He doesn't have any special abilities....so really he isn't a superhero. Just an ordinary person....with A LOT of toys......However he gets the most respect b/c of this. But he can't be labeled as a superhero, b/c there's nothing super about him....sorry batfans.

golem370
Batman would catch a beating from the Hulk. Read Hulks respect thread and tell me something about Batman. Batman Captain America are the same thing powerless Hero's patriotic Heros nothing more. I saw on Justice League cartoon where Batman was fighting I think it was Kalibak and Kalibak said do you really think you have a chance and Batman said no I was just stalling you till he arrived and low and be ho who comes to stop Batman from becoming Bat Jelly Superman.

All I hear how good Batman is well I am sorry to tell people he is a Gothic Character he not a Hero he is always running from the Police and He alienates himself from Everybody in his team. If Batman was the only Hero in DC Earth man I fill sorry for them because he rarely leaves Gotham City. He also a basket case about his families death. So is Spider-Man but thats because he didn't stop the robber when he had the chance.

Demas

Spot on.

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by RAGE17
superman used to be overrated.....but now he is underestimated alot

True..Most overrated character(s) in all comic book world..The Thing and the Hulk.The thing whines and the hulk has temper tantrumes big grin

The Ion
Originally posted by GODOFALL1
The most overrated superhero is BATMAN. He doesn't have any special abilities....so really he isn't a superhero. Just an ordinary person....with A LOT of toys......However he gets the most respect b/c of this. But he can't be labeled as a superhero, b/c there's nothing super about him....sorry batfans.
Not true. They may call Bruce a human but he's far from it with his abilities. Robin is just about the only "human" left in the Bat family.

Jade Chihuahua
Originally posted by golem370
All I hear how good Batman is well I am sorry to tell people he is a Gothic Character he not a Hero he is always running from the Police and He alienates himself from Everybody in his team. If Batman was the only Hero in DC Earth man I fill sorry for them because he rarely leaves Gotham City. He also a basket case about his families death. So is Spider-Man but thats because he didn't stop the robber when he had the chance.
You're telling us Batman is gothic character?...........How did you figure that out? A man, dressed in black, using fear, and the symbol of a bat..... has gothic attributes? It seems so obvious now, and .....it was no less obvious before you said it. Is there anyone that isnt actually aware of that?
To be honest Im not sure what your point has to do with Batman not being a hero. He runs from the police? Spider-man, Daredevil, the X-men......more often than not, these heroes are misjudged by the police. What does your point about Gotham have to do with anything? Because he doesnt have the ability to be everywhere at once, that makes him a bad hero? That makes him a human, and no less of a hero because of it.
And fo the record, Batman could easily beat Superman. JLA Tower of Babel proves my point.

Magee
And fo the record, Batman could easily beat Superman. JLA Tower of Babel proves my point. Sorry but PIS/CIS aside who can actually say batman has the slightest chance of beating Superman?

In no way is Superman overrated, especially on these forums. Not enough people give Superman the respect he deserves and see him as this all powerful man-god, not true. These are the people who have most likely never picked up a Superman comic in their life tbh.

Fanboy
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

Yeah he would beat his ass. Did anyone like the new thing I put in where a signature should be I typed it from 40 year-old virgin.

Do you know how I know that you're gay?

Fanboy
Apocalspe would give Superman so much trouble that he might be Supes He is just as fast on land he probably just as strong he just a durable and has just has much stamina reflexes and agility. On the other hand he is smarter a shape changer and he also has Celestial technology. Also he can have any superhuman powers what about Magic,Telepathy.

Obvious Superman hate seriously Apocalypse sucks now I really don't see what he could do on his own with out his technology crap backing him up?

the Darkone
Superman is not overrated but you have fanboys that hype him up more than he really is. I will be the first to admit that Superman is the greatest hero of all time but he can't beat everyone even though a lot Dc fanboys would like to believe.

They need to stop adding to his powers and just work on making more related able because right now he is to over the top. I know some true Dc fans even they don't like the way he has been written of the years and they are die hard fans but not fanboys.

Look at this way Superman defeating Darkseid like he was a rookie, I'm mean come on Darkseid is superman superior every time they meet Darkseid should b***h slap him with a passion. Now Darkseid is garbage and his omega beams are like light shows and that is said they are diminishing great characters so that superman will look good, to me that is bull sh** to the fullest.

All I know that Dc needs to revamp superman because the love for him is hurting other great characters IMOP.

Thorin
superman is the best super hero around, most people dont like him because he can kick royal bootay. now i must go and have a drinkbeer
ah yes, thats better

Femi32
IGN had people voice their opinions on whether Superman was overrated or not. Click here and find out what they said.

xtrubeastxcs
Not at all, most people underestimate him by a landslide. It gets really annoying when people say thor or the hulk would beat him, when every times he has faced the hulk in a cross over hes knocked him out like he was nothing, mostly in 1 hit! And thor gets beat up by savage hulk constantly. Superspeed, superstrength, and all his other powers vs brute superstrength force that gets greater while angry. All superman has to do is run around so fast that hulk couldn't see him and knock him in the jaw and hes down for.

Marcus4600
http://routhnosuperman.ytmnd.com/

Femi32
He's not that bad. However, they could have done better on the suit.

HigherLevel
Batman can die in a car crash...enough said

Darth Martin
Wolverine is the most overrated.

PERIOD!!!!!!!!

GODOFALL1
Superman is the most overrated hero b/c his powers were GIVEN to him. He didn't earn a damn thing. NOthing given has any value. He didn't work or train for it like other stronger more powerful superhero's/supervillians.

HigherLevel
Originally posted by GODOFALL1
Superman is the most overrated hero b/c his powers were GIVEN to him. He didn't earn a damn thing. NOthing given has any value. He didn't work or train for it like other stronger more powerful superhero's/supervillians. wouldn't that include Green Lantern, Hulk, Spiderman, Silver Surfer etc.??

batdude123
??

I think you're stupid for posting this. wink

batdude123
Originally posted by HigherLevel
wouldn't that include Green Lantern, Hulk, Spiderman, Silver Surfer etc.??

Banner accidentally got caught in the middle of a huge gamma radiation explosion and Spider-man got bit by an irratiated spider. no expression

Accel
Originally posted by batdude123
Banner accidentally got caught in the middle of a huge gamma radiation explosion and Spider-man got bit by an irratiated spider. no expression
That's why he listed them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.