Commentary: things you were surprised GL did or didn't comment on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I was kind of surprised he or nobody mentioned anything about the fact of light saber duel being blue versus blue.

I thought it was kind of funny how he commented on the death star taking 20 years to build because there labor and supply problems.

Basically he was joking and thats okay because he basically only put the Death Star in there for the fans. He basically just put it in there.

Ushgarak
The problem with the commentaries is that they are a crowded mix of technical, social and plot details.

They should separate it up a bit and leave the technical details to a commentary of their own. LOTR is much better in that respect.

As it is, I am always itching for GL to say more but we get a load of dty technical details which, whilst objectively interesting, really just get in the way.

Irvin Kershner did a great job with ESB, when everyone else shut up.

Dr.Gumby
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The problem with the commentaries is that they are a crowded mix of technical, social and plot details.

They should separate it up a bit and leave the technical details to a commentary of their own. LOTR is much better in that respect.

As it is, I am always itching for GL to say more but we get a load of dty technical details which, whilst objectively interesting, really just get in the way.

agreed.

darkjedi132
I agree that their was to much techinal crap in their and how they made it, sure i wana know how they made it but not in the audio commentary, i wanted to find out more about the plot errors and their responce to it and i wanted to here about the story a little bit more. thats what i am looking for in an audio commentary.

JKozzy
They'll do what they did with the Ultimate Matrix collection -- two new audio commentaries per movie.

GCG
In the commentary GL says all six episodes are intended to one movie subtitled "The Tragedy Of Darth Vader", which i liked the way he explained it.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Absolutely right. I really wanted to hear more about the story and characters instead of hearing about the effects and such. One of the best examples i can think of is when Obi Wan and Anakin are about to start the duel and the 2 effects guys are talking about reflections on the Naboo ship. I mean seriously let GL cut in here, we already have hours of footage on how the effects were done on the bonus disc.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by koolruningz
Absolutely right. I really wanted to hear more about the story and characters instead of hearing about the effects and such. One of the best examples i can think of is when Obi Wan and Anakin are about to start the duel and the 2 effects guys are talking about reflections on the Naboo ship. I mean seriously let GL cut in here, we already have hours of footage on how the effects were done on the bonus disc.

Kind of like on ROTJ.

Luke and OBI are having an in depth important conversation, and Ben Burtt is talking about sound.

koolruningz
Exactly. Would it hurt to have 2 separate commentaries? One for the story, another for all the technical aspects.

Adamwankenobi
I was exstatic that they completely cut Ben Burtt out!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.