Longest gone without sleep?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Ok guys whats the longest you have gone without sleep. I am a insomniac and i have lot of trouble sleeping. the longest for me is about a week

debbiejo
almost 2 days, but then I get kinda silly......................

ash007
yeah do have the feeling where you thing you are really dreaming and not awake. That happens to me after my third day

GCG
42 hours - and you have a big problem going on 7 days without sleep. Sex will help.

Mr _Whirlysplat
5 Days- I was on cortico steroids when I had a rare tropical chest infection. It was Straph based like MRSAsad

ash007
well my girlfriend is abroard studying. and i am not that kind of guy who will have a wank. So the sex part bit hard

debbiejo
When I worked midnight shift...I never got enough sleep....made the world kinda surreal..but yet very funny. huh

Mr _Whirlysplat
Originally posted by ash007
well my girlfriend is abroard studying. and i am not that kind of guy who will have a wank. So the sex part bit hard

go on treat yourself wink

Echuu
Ok guys whats the longest you have gone without sleep. I am a insomniac and i have lot of trouble sleeping. the longest for me is about a week

Wow. Most I've gone was about 30 some hours.

long pig
6 days. I call it "Cocain brain".

Maestro
24 hours, fell a sleep in Maths twice.

GCG

Thats why you cant sleep ; you keep thinking about her and what not. I would have more to add but i will stop here.

StrangeDays

jawdrop This is why you cannot sleep dude smile

Most I've gone without sleep .... three nights four days ...

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
go on treat yourself wink

laughing

About 36 hrs erm

RedAlertv2
About 36 hours. and then I slept for 17 hours smile

shyguy
my record is about 40 hours or so

KharmaDog

I am assuming that you had the odd catnap, because a full week without sleep is impossible to achieve without first achieving insanity or stroking out.

Eventually the body/mind shuts down or off. I stayed awake for a straight 73 hours, at which point I passed out due to exhaustion. I was told that I was hallucinating, but I have no memory from about hour 60 on.

i am not that kind of guy who will have a wank

I now have to assume that you either have no hands or that your parents hammered some guilt filled religious dogma so hard into your head that you are not normal.

DreamingWarrior
5 days suckas... laughing and nearing the middle of day 6, I passed out and woke up nearly 48 hours later... and I had thought it was only the next day... this is what happens when you work overnight, go to middle school during the day, and subsist off of cocacola and baked goods... I also lost 18 pounds though, so it was good weight loss... that i still cant afford to lose!!! too damn skinny. hahahah!

Fallen Jedi

wow, now i feel like an amatuer. stick out tongue i've gone 2 days before. i had a huge english project that i was neglecting to do.

Ms Flower
Ive been somewhere along the lines of 3 days...I dont remember how many hours exactly nor do I care to. It was after I brought home my 2nd daughter from the hospital after she was born. She cried so much...every hour...even through her feedings. sad...we made a trip from Georgia where we lived to North Carolina on the 3rd day and she cried in the car as well...its a 6 hour trip...by the time we got there...I fell out and slept for seem liked ages. Her Grandmother took care of her while I slept. Shes 12 years old now. She lived through it as did I.

jerlark386
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I am assuming that you had the odd catnap, because a full week without sleep is impossible to achieve without first achieving insanity or stroking out.

That explains why he is posting here atleast. I mean kmc of all the places.

stick out tongue

BadKitty
Originally posted by long pig
6 days. I call it "cocaine brain". I just met someone who says they were up with 'cocaine brain' for 12 days and had to be hospitalized..of coarse this was after they almost killed them self in a car accident. sad

myself though I think I've stayed up almost 4 with 'Nintendo brain'

jOHN_Anderton
3 days on caffeine tablets, and only caffeine, honest to god, studying for finals, i kid you not! one of the dumbest things i did 'cause if it hadn't been for a friend waking me up where i fell asleep in the study hall with my head on my text book, droolin and all, i wouldn't of even made it to my chem final. and i remember walking outside to get to the chemistry building from my residence hall, how i starting to see things that weren't there in my peripheral visual field, like something moving, but gone when i turned to look, you know? anyways, i aced the exam, but i'd never do that again, even if it meant getting a lower grade.

Storm
24 hours.

Scoobless
just short of 40 hours..... was at the cinema watching some random film after 38-39 hours, next thing i knew i was waking up and i'd missed half the film... went home and slept for 14 hours straight

X-Menfan87
3 days then I slept for an hole day.

Dordaness
only 2 or 3 days here....i call it *RPG Brain* or *Geekfoo*

PVS
close to 72 hours

plus i was working the whole time (design)
toward the end i felt like i was in a dream.
after i slept for close to 15 hours messed

X-Menfan87
Your sig is creepy messed

Atlantis001
2 or maybe 3 days... I was playing RPG, sometimes the history is good enough.

Fallen Jedi
i have just succeeded on a 24 hour sleep binge! eek! not that i've broken my recored or anything... or anyone else's. stick out tongue and i only got about 3 hours of sleep the previous day. it was a busy weekend. messed

and now i'm tired and will sleep. happy

Syren
Me and one of my friends did a 'bender' and managed to stay up for 8 days. But we were off our faces, not even of this planet, and I'm pretty sure we passed out a few times... not exactly sleep but a brain switch off roll eyes (sarcastic) I don't know if this counts as how long I've gone without sleep, but by the end of it I was literally zombified laughing out loud

mattador
Almost a hole day. Around 21 or 22 hrs yes

shockimebones
About 2 or 3 days. I think I slept for 16 hours afterwards.

It's so horrible being in that state where you can't keep your eyes open but you have to. Nasty nasty nasty sad

Da preacher
Um...........12 hours?

:lol

Jedi Priestess
4 days and that was too damn many

DarkCrawler
About 20 hours.

terd40
50 hours twice. i was going to school and working at night. bad idea driving on not enough sleep. around hour 40 or so i start seeing stuff out of the corner of my eye. like when i was drivin home at the end, i could see deer running next to me and when i looked at how fast i was going it said 60mph. thats the only way i knew they werent there. if you do it alot you start getting your body into a funk where it doesnt want to sleep because its used to being up all the time.

manny321
Almost 48 hours

I first was awake the whole day almost (6am-11pm) 17 hours then boarded a flight to Hong Kong from Toronto which took 21 hours because of weather problems. Then stayed awake for 10 hours at the airport and it was a great airport and i had lots of fun. Then i slept all the way to Sydney.

However i have never slept longer then 12 hours and after 12 hours i felt more tired then before.
Why did we go through Sydney? My Dad wasn't allowed to go through the US because he is not A Canadian citizen and needs a visa. Now he got citizenship after 25 years of being here In Canada.

JacopeX

I didnt sleep cuz...well i didnt feel like sleeping. So i stayed up for 6 days partying in PERU!!!

PERU 4 life homie!!!!

yeayyaaa

BackFire
probably somewhere around 30 hours or so.

-hh-
about 24 hours. i NEED sleep.

Shakyamunison
At least 8 hours. laughing

jaden101
i went nearly 6 days without sleep

ive also walked constantly for nearly 2 days just to get home (about 60 miles) because my mates thought it would be funny to drive me out into the middle of nowhere when i was drunk and leave me there

to give you an idea...heres a map

i went from about halfway between crieff and blair atholl back to Dundee

that was fun

http://www.railscot.co.uk/newmaps/tayside.htm

botankus
6 days, wow! Especially the fact that you were drunk makes it all the more impressive.

Mine was 42 hours, as in school I woke up at 10:00 am, pulled an all-nighter for a test at 8:00 the next morning, then something came up and and I didn't get to sleep until 4:00 the following morning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.