Sarah Haliwell A story based on HP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess Lyla
This story was intended as a tribute to harry potter, but it was for my baby sister's ears only who happens to share the name of the main character of this story, then I got this crazy idea of posting it on fanfiction but since there are two many stories there, most are overlooked or ignored, so please this is my first, if you've actually seen it on fanfiction, my brother uploaded it for me, we write things together.
So please read and enjoy...if you do a little feedback would be nice, just if you don't like it, please don't say anything bad just tell me what you think can improve... please smile

Sarah Haliwell and The Dark Matter

Prologue

Sarah Haliwell was an introverted girl who was a brilliant student in science and good on everything else, she once read an article that proposed the idea of a Dark Matter existed in a far place in the past, the article was based on the writings of an Anonymous person, according to the writings the Dark Matter was a substance in the form of a black ball and that it was found by priests in a place that was known as the Devil's Point of Perdition, nobody knows for sure where it is because the writings didn't say the location, for the people, according to the writings, feared it so much that only a group of four set out to see what they could find, when the four arrived to the Devil's Point of Perdition they saw a black shinning ball in the center of what seamed to be an ancient Temple of some sort. They took the ball from it's resting place and named it the Dark Matter, Wizards from the land tried to use it for good but the ball had an enormous power that it gave to the one that possessed it, so when the evil wizard Morbious took it he started feeling an astonishing power flowing through his veins, he used the Dark Matter for his evil purposes taking the lives of every wizard that stood up against him, until a wizard came out of the nowhere and... The Writings stopped there and the paper where it was written was burned to the half, but Sarah became intrigued about the article so much that she wanted so badly to find it, and give it to humanity, what she didn't expect was that her dreams were about to come true much sooner than she ever imagined. This story will take you with Sarah to the greatest adventure of all time, you will journey with her to the Academy of Athala where wizards and priests are trained, you will also journey to the lands of the Devil's Point Of Perdition where Sarah will stand up to evil in an attempt to free the world from the evil Wizard Morbious and restore the Dark Matter to where it belongs. This novel will take you to the farthest ends of your imagination, your wits and courage when you accompany Sarah in her journey.

The Start Of Althbus Time

This means The beginning of the Wizard Era, It started with the discovery of human potential for the control of the forces of nature, followed by the encounter of the great stones of power, these were later used for alchemy, the art of potion-making and bottled feelings and forces of every sort suffered by the earth like bottled fire, earthquakes, monsoons, tornadoes, hurricanes, and many more. Alchemy brought an entire new perception of magic as a science, but many disagreed with the idea of bottling forces of nature, the ancient belief of man controlling Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water was now obsolete, power over almost everything was discovered by a great wizard named Farland, he sustained that magic resides within the body and that only some had it. An Academy was constructed by alchemy to train all those with the ability to do magic, the building was entirely bizarre for the rooms inside changed not only the furniture but also you could open a door to your left and you would see a bed with a chair and a desk, then close and open it again and find the corridor to the dungeons. The Academy had almost like fifty servants at first, then with the years it had only ten servants, the Academy was named Athala in honor to a great female wizard that stood up to Morbious and defeated him, or at least they thought so, but she died soon after. The Academy of Athala was a great castle with six hundred rooms, all of them suited for many things, anyone who was called upon to attend to the Academy was given a small map with the changing schedule of the rooms for each day, the wizard apprentices were required to arrive to classes within a period of ten minutes between each class, the classes started at seven hundred hours and gave an hour recess at twelve hundred hours were they are required to go to the dinning room and eat their lunches, then at thirteen hundred hours they continue their classes until twenty hundred hours.

The Dark Time For Athala and The Academy's Insides

The wizards from Athala created a commotion in ordinary people that they decided to banish the wizards and destroy alchemy, however the wizards sealed the Academy away from the normal world and transferred themselves to a parallel world that could only be entered with magical mirrors only given to students that were detected from the normal world, the apprentice that wishes to attend to the Academy was given a mirror to transport themselves to the Academy, a schedule-map of the Academy, a list of school supplies that will be acquired once inside the Academy, a list of herbs that will be required for the potion-making and herbology classes, and alchemy studies, a uniform made of special material to withstand wrongly casted spells, and any other form of wrong against the student, the uniform consisted in a black robe made of lion skin for it's flexibility and fortitude, red long shirt made of light dragon scales to withstand piercing objects, Black pants made of Mythril to withstand any form of physical damage, and a blue wizard hat used only for celebrations, that is the boy's uniform, for girls the uniform consists in a Black robe from lion skin as well, a pink light dragon scale shirt, a Black skirt as long to the knee made of Mythril, and a red wizard hat for celebrations only.
As one of the requisites for attendance the apprentice must present the material and attendance form sent to him by mail to the Academy's representative that will meet him in the accorded place of departure, after presenting the materials he or she will pass through a passage that will take him or her to the Academy, once there they will receive the list of the names and sorority groups available for the classes and they will have to select the group they see fit to themselves.
Then they will be taken to the dinning room where they will meet their group director and receive a rule book and pick up their school supplies. Afterwards they will be taken to the dormitories of their group and stay in rooms of pairs, every room has a warning in the wall that says "Anyone that doesn't clean up their room will be punished with twenty four hour detention and the student that goes around the Academy after curfew will be hold in detention for a week and whoever is surprised casting spells on their classmates will be hold in the dungeons for a two weeks". And also the students are warn on the first day not to enter the Devil's Point Of Perdition for they will be lost forever and die slowly and painfully.

But Enough talk about the Academy, I know that many of you just go to the first chapter and jump the whole prologue, but sometimes the best way to understand better a story or book is to read the whole prologue not just the first Chapter and on, so this is the end of the prologue, enjoy the story. This story is only based on the work by JK Rowling on Harry Potter, but with certain aspects changed but trying to keep the esence.

Princess Lyla
Chapter 1
"A Mysterious Fellow"

Sarah jumped out of bed one morning and discovered that her article about Dark Matter was gone, she spent all day looking for it when she saw it in the trash can, she turned to her mother and asked her if she had taken the article from her room and her mother replied that she saw it on the floor so she took it and threw it away, then Sarah took the article from the trash can and took it to her room, she read it a thousand times like she had done before, she wanted so badly to find the lost Dark Matter but it seamed like it was lost forever but somehow she knew she was going to find it, she didn't know that her opportunity to go and find it was sooner than she would ever expect, Sarah was ten years old and there was something that was so strange about her, she had some abilities that extended beyond ordinary people, there were things that she could not explain that happened many times, her mother once said that the powers she had were powers that came from her soul, a power that her father had called alchemy or magic, but she didn't exactly believe in what her mother said until she was twelve years old when a strange box of mail arrived for her and her mother was very excited to see it, and she called on her.

- "Sarah, come here a package is here for you!"
- "For me?"
- "Yes Sarah, come on, open it!"

Sarah opened the package and found a mirror, a map, a list of strange things, and a letter that read.

"Sarah Haliwell,
With this letter you have been selected
to attend to the Academy Of Athala,
We will instruct you in the ways of alchemy
and magic, we have observed your abilities but above all
you seem to be a good student,
and you have abilities beyond ordinary people
that is why you will go to the Bus Station
and wait there in the main hall for Balurds
who will take you to the portal point.
Sincerely,
Professor Farland"

Sarah couldn't believe her eyes, her mother was actually a witch herself, and she said she would take Sarah to the bus station to meet Balurds who was already waiting for Sarah, when they arrived to the bus station Sarah kissed her mother goodbye and went inside the station, there she found a mysterious looking fellow, he wore clothes that seemed like they had been cut from different pieces of cloth and sewed together, he looked like a big hairy kaleidoscope, she thought that was Balurds and walked up to him and said:

- "Are you Balurds?
- "Of course dear child, you must be Sarah Haliwell, your father was a great wizard, I met him, when he casted a spell to make a tree disappear that ended up blowing up, funny man was your father, the great Jonathan Haliwell, oh those days... Oh well let's get going the portal is waiting for us"
- "What exactly is the portal Balurds?"- Asked Sarah.
- "Well it's the place where you can go to the Academy of Athala"- Replied Balurds.

They arrived to the portal hidden inside the bus station in a room, the portal was a giant mirror activated only by the mirrors that are given to the students, Balurds told Sarah to approach the mirror with her mirror in her left hand and so she did, as she entered the mirror she saw the stars, the moon, the sun, it all looked like she was going to another galaxy but she was only going to a parallel world, a world for wizards. When she arrived she went on a flying boat were several students were, one of them approached her.

- "Hi, I'm Michael Johnson, and you are?"
- "Hello, I'm Sarah Haliwell, pleased to meet you."
- "Oh you are the daughter of Jonathan Haliwell right?"
- "Yes I am."
- "I read about him in the books of school, he was a great magician."
- "My mother told me that too."
- "Have you ever been to Athala?"
- "No, This is actually my first time there." - Said Sarah.
- "It's a magical castle, I read about it in a book."- said Michael.

They arrived at Athala, and Balurds met them there, he told the students to follow him, and so they did, they went through a Big Door that seamed to grow bigger when you get closer to it, the corridor to the dinning room sometimes stretches from side to side or makes itself larger, that crossing it seems an eternity, The door to the dinning room is smaller but there are paintings on the walls that at night the people drawn come out of the paintings and wonder through the Academy's dungeons, the dinning Room is a large virtual room with 6 large tables for one hundred people each, the room according to the hour it changes from day to night or sometimes it represents the times of the year, it gives the impression that the students are eating outdoors. Professor Farland gave the students a warm welcome and handed them their group selection cards, there were six sorority groups: The lions, leopards, owls, panthers, eagles and cheetahs, Sarah and Michael and a new friend of Sarah's called Maggie Peterson selected the Eagles sorority group. Their sorority chief took them to their dormitories where they found their uniforms and materials, when Sarah opened her school supplies she found a white wand, a broomstick, a quill, a bottle of ink, a magical notebook, and a whole lot of candy like a chocolate broomstick that when you let it go it hovers in the air and a magical wizard fruit, the uniform that she had consisted in a Black robe of black lion skin, a light pink shirt, a Black skirt, and a Red wizard hat only for celebrations, she put her uniform on the day after and went to her first class that was with Professor Farland the class of Alchemy studies, she enjoyed the class but didn't exactly understand for she never heard anything related to alchemy until that day, Michael and Maggie always sat to Sarah's sides in every class to help her understand.

Almost every night she sent out a letter to her mother telling her she was alright in her new school, but she didn't get an answer until two months later when she was pulled out of her Herbology class with Professor Livsienak and received a tragic letter saying that her mother died, she spent all day in her room looking straight to the fire place crying, she spent almost a three months without saying a word after school time, instead of going to the dinner room she went to the fire place and sat there for hours until Maggie sat with her and Sarah started crying and said to Maggie that she missed her mother.

- "I never knew my parents, but I understand you, I had to grow up without a father and a mother but I feel they are close to me if I keep them in my heart, and that's what you should do." - Maggie said.
After hearing Maggie's words she started remembering all she did with her mother and trying to hold on to her memories and so she did, thanks to Maggie she saw the situation from a different point of view, Sarah's behaviour changed she was always happy, and Professor Farland gave her a little present, a little memory star, it showed the memories she had about her mother and she kept it close to her heart.

Sarah was starting to become a great student she channelled all the love for her mother to her powers and used that love for good she got the highest scores from all the groups and her sorority was proud of her, she grabbed her broomstick and flew all the way to the far ends of the Athala grounds and saw something beyond on Devil's point of Perdition, but she kept it to herself so she could find out about it but then she only told Michael and Maggie. She told them that she saw something that looked like a small building guarded by a force field of some sort, she also said that there was something going on there, because she saw a light coming from the building, she said that the building looked like an old church, Maggie and Michael thought that Sarah was making it up until she took them to the place she had seen the old church and they saw it also.

When they got back they talked about going there but found it too dangerous, Michael thought about telling Professor Farland about the strange activity in the Devil's Point, but Sarah said that it would be better if they investigated the story about that church-like building, on the next day Maggie went looking for a book that contained information on the Devil's Point, she found that a great war raged over there and also that the church-like building was in fact a big source of magical power that an evil wizard fed from to get stronger, the building had a stream of energy that boosted the magical power within a wizard or even granted magic to those who didn't have it, that's why it is shielded so that no one ever uses it's power, not even for good.

It made Sarah even more curious about it and setup a plan to go there and see the stream for herself, three days later she went with Michael and Maggie and found the place, and they found a crack in the force field and went inside, after a huge hallway they found a light blue ray coming out of the ground, they came closer to the beam but as they approached heat that came from the light got too intense for Maggie and Michael, but Sara kept going inside then she found out that there was a strange looking black crystal in the pedestal where the light beam was coming from, she wanted to get it but when she almost had it Professor Farland came in and stopped her.

- "That is not a toy lads, I can not tell you what the purpose of having it here means but you must never come here again."
Sara and her friends left the temple but she knew there was something more to that crystal than it seemed.

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla

Barker
thumbsup

Princess Lyla
Thanks Barker glad you like it, hope others will too, now for chapter three I'm editing this part as if it did not exist:

Originally posted by Princess Lyla

They woke up early and packed some supplies for the trip and Maggie borrowed Sarah a broomstick and they flew together to the Republic of Santora, the famous elvish country.

The reason for this is that though Sarah and the Petersons are still going to Santora, what is gonna change is a little scene involving breakfast at their house before flying to santora, I made up this change since I felt it was better to go a little deeper into their relationship as the story develops.... I'll post chapter 3 soon...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.