Is it wrong...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkjedi132
Is it wrong of me to ask God to intervier in my life on curtain things.?Such as asking him to make me fill better from me being sick?

debbiejo
NO, Ahhhhhhhh but you already have the means to do so....it's whats on this earth, and how you treat your body...it's knowledge.

Bardiel13
Chances are, God's not gonna do anything. If he can't keep a child from being murdered, then he really doesn't have a say in you feeling better, now does he. My advice: Be good to yourself, so you don't have to ask him for anything.

Shakyamunison
I am a very practical person, if it works, do it.

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by darkjedi132
Is it wrong of me to ask God to intervier in my life on curtain things.?Such as asking him to make me fill better from me being sick?
Nope, it sure isn't.

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Chances are, God's not gonna do anything. If he can't keep a child from being murdered, then he really doesn't have a say in you feeling better, now does he. My advice: Be good to yourself, so you don't have to ask him for anything.
God has a reason for everything he does. You can't judge what's gonna happen because of one thing that happened. What if it was God's intention for that child to be murdered? Just because this world isn't perfect, or it doesn't go the way you want it, it doesn't mean that God's not going to do anything.

_Sanctuary_
Perfect world or free will - I know what I'd choose

Storm
I see prayer as a personal moment between man and god. An attempt to communicate with your spiritual source. God should not be alerted to the needs of people, or begged, coaxed and pleaded with.

darkjedi132
So bassicaly We pray to God on are time and he answers are prayers on his time?

_Sanctuary_
???

debbiejo
When I used to pray the church way, I really didn't ask for myself but for others, now however, I do more a meditation. For me it's just to make a connection with the "Source" of what is, and I find I get more answers this way.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by jnr hiphop
God has a reason for everything he does. You can't judge what's gonna happen because of one thing that happened. What if it was God's intention for that child to be murdered? Just because this world isn't perfect, or it doesn't go the way you want it, it doesn't mean that God's not going to do anything.

So God wanted to have a child killed. Once again... sounds like he really loves his children... (literally, this time! laughing ) *sniff* *giggle* God, I love this religion! It always brings my spirits up when I need a good laugh.

Scoobless
people will fight, die and kill for free will.... but when something bad happens to them they occasionally say "why would god allow this?"

a tragic irony brought about by organised religion

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by Bardiel13
So God wanted to have a child killed. Once again... sounds like he really loves his children... (literally, this time! laughing ) *sniff* *giggle* God, I love this religion! It always brings my spirits up when I need a good laugh.
Oh, so just because he kills someone, he doesn't love his children. Is that what you're saying? (It just doesn't add up.) Then I bet you believe that God doesn't love us at all, at this rate of deaths. Once again... God has a reason for everything he does.

debbiejo
What we would call god encompasses everything...It's us, and what we do...if it includes murdering, loving, slandering....It's part of the creative process....We create things through our thoughts, actions and responses...It affects others and thus creates a ripple effect....It's your choice on what you create or not...To chose the better is to create a better environment for yourself and the world......I don't pray at only one time, I have an on going conversation all day long....It's an attitude of gratefulness to the beauty I see...and a sadness to what I've also seen from many wrong choices I make, and what I've seen others make...

I guess I talk in my head a LOT... big grin

_Sanctuary_
big grin It sounds very poetic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.