ending of nightmare on elm street

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lady_Wonka
ive seen a nightmare on elm street 4 times and i really wanna see the other 5 but could sombody tell what is up with the ending on the 1st one??? Its so weird but youve got to love that song! Happy Dance

Wolfie
Which part of the ending?

The very end didn't flow well with the sequels. I thought it was cool 'cause Nancy died at the end. But then she appears again on #3.

Impediment
Originally posted by Lady_Wonka
ive seen a nightmare on elm street 4 times and i really wanna see the other 5 but could sombody tell what is up with the ending on the 1st one??? Its so weird but youve got to love that song! Happy Dance

Which part of the ending? The song the little girls are singing? Thats just a rhyme that was made up for the impending doom that is Freddy Krueger. Pretty much means you're screwed.

Originally posted by Wolfie
Which part of the ending?

The very end didn't flow well with the sequels. I thought it was cool 'cause Nancy died at the end. But then she appears again on #3.

Nancy doesn't die at the end of the first NOES, the convertible becomes "possessed" and rolls off screen. Then Freddy's arm comes out of the window in the door and pulls in Nancy's mom. I guess Nancy "escaped" rolling death. But I agree the ending was a little off, as far as the sequels go.

ThaSprout
Yeah Impediment is right, Nancy doesn't die at the end of the first one. But she dies in the third film. Oh and by the way, Lady Wonka in the 5th one Freddy is back and haunting Alice from the previous movie. And Freddy is after her baby, so he can make him just like Freddy. And only Freddy's mom can kill Freddy. But at the end of the movie, When she goes through a door Freddy's arm is ripped through her chest and that's the ending..

Lady_Wonka
wow i really wanna see the others now, its not fair! my mum kinda freaked when she caught me watching the 1st one (im 13! she a lil bit ovaprotected)
How does Nancy die in the 3rd one then?

steverules
She get's freddy's claws through her chest when she jumped in the way to protect a girl. Although i think it was stupid that they had her risk her life for that girl only for her to get killed in the next film.........like in aliens they spend the whole film putting their asses on the line to save newt only to have her die at the beggining of alien 3.

Lady_Wonka
well in horror films the people that die always seem to do the stupid things, i mean on halloween resurection like if they go into michael myers house what do you expect!!! oh coarse your gonna get killed, stupid people! I for one are never setting foot down the bottom of my garden after dark ever again!

steverules
I don't know why they killed Jamie Lee Curtis of, they may as well have killed her in the first one if they decided to kill her of in the last one...

thomasgeorge
i dont get the new nightmare i like it but it doesnrt make scence

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
Nancy doesn't die at the end of the first NOES, the convertible becomes "possessed" and rolls off screen. Then Freddy's arm comes out of the window in the door and pulls in Nancy's mom. I guess Nancy "escaped" rolling death. But I agree the ending was a little off, as far as the sequels go.
Yeah, I know she didn't die. But I felt the ending implied that she did. She couldn't get out of the car, right? So I was pleased with the ending until #3 when it's revealed that she actually lived.

steverules
Why did they show her in 3 and not 2? If she lived they may as well show her in 2 instead of making us think she's dead and then showing us that she's not, and then they kill her in 3.

Wolfie
'Cause sequels are hardly ever related to the original other than a common killer or something. Wes Craven having nothing to do with ANOES 2 might have had something to do with it as well.

steverules
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolfie
What? blink

steverules
It's not targeted at u it's targeted at Wes Craven.

Lady_Wonka
aparently nightmare on elm street two is the worst but i havnt seen it

Wolfie
Originally posted by steverules
It's not targeted at u it's targeted at Wes Craven.
Oh, okay. I was like, "What'd I say?" laughing out loud

I understand why Craven didn't want anything to do with it. The first was by far the best. Then, I guess, by the time they started production on ANOES 3, he said, "Well, if they're gonna make them anyway, I'll help them not screw it up... again."

I'd say it's a tie between ANOES 2 and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Lady_Wonka
oh good news me and my friend are going halves on the dvd trilogy so we can watch them all! But my mum isnt gonna know anything since im starving myself saving up lunch money lol!

steverules
How are u gonna get it when it's an 18, and there's more than three there's like 5 and that's not including the new one, trilogy means three so when you get the trilogy u won't be getting them all u do know that don't u?

ThaSprout

The second one was the most horrible Freddy Krueger in the series.

Lady_Wonka
Originally posted by steverules
How are u gonna get it when it's an 18, and there's more than three there's like 5 and that's not including the new one, trilogy means three so when you get the trilogy u won't be getting them all u do know that don't u?
We have my friends older sister to go get it for us!, and i think its all 6 or somthing it my be the collection actually. Cant wait!!!

Wolfie
1. ANOES, Freddy's Revenge, Dream Warriors, The Dream Master, The Dream Child, Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Freddy vs. Jason, that's eight.

ThaSprout
Wes Craven's New Nightmare was a horrible movie.

Lady_Wonka
it dosent have wes cravens new nightmare on it and freddy vs jason but its really good value for 22.99 and its normally 44.99

Wolfie
It doesn't surprise me that FvJ isn't in it. I wonder why New Nighmare isin't though.

jayy
Nightmare On Elm St. Parts 1 and 2 were good. The rest were pitiful.

http://offshore.ipbhost.com/uploads/post-3010-1126884319.gif

BaronOBeefDip
Originally posted by jayy
Nightmare On Elm St. Parts 1 and 2 were good. The rest were pitiful.

http://offshore.ipbhost.com/uploads/post-3010-1126884319.gif

Actually, I thought part 3 was pretty good and perhaps one of the best out of the sequels. Plus, it probably had some of the best death scenes in the series. I still cringe whenever I see that one kid turn into a human marionette because it looks so painful.

Wolfie
The ones I had a problem with were Part 2 and New Nightmare. Though those are tolerable and I watch them on occasion.

b-dan
Originally posted by ThaSprout
Yeah Impediment is right, Nancy doesn't die at the end of the first one. But she dies in the third film. Oh and by the way, Lady Wonka in the 5th one Freddy is back and haunting Alice from the previous movie. And Freddy is after her baby, so he can make him just like Freddy. And only Freddy's mom can kill Freddy. But at the end of the movie, When she goes through a door Freddy's arm is ripped through her chest and that's the ending.. dream child is the worst one it was like some guy was on crack when he was macking it my freind watched when i got it and said god why would anyone want to go see the one after this one!!1

b-dan
Originally posted by thomasgeorge
i dont get the new nightmare i like it but it doesnrt make scence ya it does for 1 its not freddy its some demon that takes the form of him and like horror movies hold this demon in hell but he starts to taking al ikeing to freddy and takes hte form of him and get his thoughts thats why at the end he turned into that demon thing

b-dan
Originally posted by ThaSprout
The second one was the most horrible Freddy Krueger in the series. no its the 5th one

Wolfie
Bon apetite, *****!

LizzyT123
I've seen every Freddy movie 'cept the second one. How bad was it?

I mean, Dream Child has to be the worst, I was so freakin disappointed when I saw it. I have to say my favorite was either the first, third, or...fourth? I think, I don't remember all of them. I just know the Dream Child one sucked, and the New Nightmare where Freddy goes to Hell was just pretty silly, because they turned Nancy into an actress, which I thought was really dumb. And they even had Wes Craven in it! That was a stupid thing to do!

Lady_Wonka
Originally posted by Wolfie
Bon apetite, *****!
haha lol!

lostgirl
I forget which sequal it was, but the one movie where the girls life is actually a movie or something like that, I think it is the third one but I didn't like it all that much, do you agree?

Wolfie
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I've seen every Freddy movie 'cept the second one. How bad was it?

I mean, Dream Child has to be the worst, I was so freakin disappointed when I saw it. I have to say my favorite was either the first, third, or...fourth? I think, I don't remember all of them. I just know the Dream Child one sucked, and the New Nightmare where Freddy goes to Hell was just pretty silly, because they turned Nancy into an actress, which I thought was really dumb. And they even had Wes Craven in it! That was a stupid thing to do!
The second is way worse. They wanted to change Freddy so he's not really in dreams in that one. He more or less possesses the main character.

Originally posted by lostgirl
I forget which sequal it was, but the one movie where the girls life is actually a movie or something like that, I think it is the third one but I didn't like it all that much, do you agree?
New Nightmare, the actress who played Nancy in ANOES 1&3 is being haunted by Freddy in real life. Since Freddy's death, he has crossed over from the movies into the real world. Wes Craven knows that he has to write another ANOES film to keep Freddy contained in the movies. In theory, it could've worked. But when they tried, they failed.

Lady_Wonka
i think im going to avoid watching new nightmare and ANOES2!

Wolfie
Well, if they're coming in your collection, they're at least worth a watch. Don't buy DVDs that you don't plan on watching.

LizzyT123
Yeah, New Nightmare was pret-tay dumb too, lol

Lady_Wonka
unfortunatly im gonna put the dvd on hold lol, i have no money left after buying a few johnny depp dvds!!!

LizzyT123
I liked the first, 3rd, and 4th. I think...lol! I can't remember them exactly, looks like I need to rent some movies!

Lady_Wonka
Ive just seen the 3rd its like wicked!

LizzyT123
Is the 3rd one called like, Dream Warriors or something like that?

Lady_Wonka
yeah I think its one of the best Nightmare films

LizzyT123
Okay, whats the one after Dream Warriors called? I get all the names mixed up!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.