Who will be the first to punk Sentry...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
It happens to pretty much all characters at one point. They get completely beat down by someone in a fight. Humiliated. So, place your bets on who you think will be the first one to do it to Sentry...

Laminator_X
Well, I thought the General and Mastermind nailed him pretty solidly.

Tony Stark
THANOS

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Well, I thought the General and Mastermind nailed him pretty solidly. Well yeah... But in a physical fight, Who'd be first?

And Void doesn't count. Anyone can kick the crap out of themselves...

KharmaDog
I am waiting for the inevitable...

Wolverine!

sam_drugbringer
Didn't Photon just do it?

Laminator_X
No. He annoyed him and made him look foolish, but he never really went on the offensive.

armandovalles
I hope Thor comes back to the Avengers, but still has the Rune King powersand he gets annoyed that he was replaced by Sentry and whups his ass like never before. That would be awesome to see Sentry get whupped by the original blonde-powerhouse, yet uberly-powered Thor.

Scoobless
Probably Captain America ... *i hate him so much*

smoke

sam_drugbringer
Wait, Wait. Aren't you argueing that Photon is more powerful then King Thor?

armandovalles
yea, but not RUNE KING THOR! he like doubled in power (at least) when he got the Wisdom of the Runes added to his power.

newjak86
*Off in the distance Sentry hears destruction and mayhem he flies to meet this threat.*
*When he arrives he sees a figure clad in Crimson Armor and wearing a similar coloered helmet off in the dusk*
Sentry,"Hult or I will destroy you"
Cain," Don't know who I am do you"
Sentry, "It matters not now stop or I will make you."
Cain, "Make me then"
*With a grin on his face he colaapses a building next to him*
*Sentry flies and knoocks Juggernaut down but Juggs gets right back up and starts heading right towards him*
*They collide and much to the dismay of Sentry it isn't Cain that was stopped but Sentry himself as he collapses beneath Cain.*
*Cain then grabs him and places Sentry between his arms and begins to squeeze.*
*Sentry yelling in pain attacks Cain with any energy he can muster. The blast knocking Cain's helmet off but he is just standing there smirking and bear hugs Sentry even harder.*
*On the brink of blacking out Sentry all of sudden hears a car pull up and Xavier get out and Mind Rapes Cain for the millionth time.*

Mr _Whirlysplat
Sentry's mini series has been really good!!!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
Sentry's mini series has been really good!!!

if i read the phrase "power of a million exploding suns" one more time in that series i'm gonna throw up.... same reaction to "Golden Guardian of Good"

it's freakin' dire.... everything apart from that is ok though

Mr _Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless
if i read the phrase "power of a million exploding suns" one more time in that series i'm gonna throw up.... same reaction to "Golden Guardian of Good"

it's freakin' dire.... everything apart from that is ok though

I think that bits tongue in cheek in it and supposed to be "retro" smile I kind of find it funny smile I agree the rest of the book is good smile

Wonder Man
Absorbing Man might give him a fight. Wouldn't Phoenix be able to use his toilet without permission.
Or Xavier. Couldn't he shut him off.
I don't know anything about his powers so far i've read two issues with him in it when the new Avengers building appeared. Somehow the heros have managed to limit his powers and it appears they have collaberated to have some of it for themselves without him knowing or something. smart

golem370
Kurse,Silver Surfer

Sparkz
just wait till he gets into a slug fest with Thor or the Hulk, then he will know what a power house is.

thesilverspider
the surfer is gonna take him out like he did 2 cable

nimbus006
I dont think you guys understand... Those of you who are saying Silver Surfer can take Sentry are sorely mistaken. As an advent fan of the surfer it hurts to say this but Sentry will destroy him. You have to realize that Terrax swung at him with his cosmic axe as hard as he could and Sentry just stopped his swing with one hand and told him to leave, and Terrax was so scared he did. In my opinion were only begginning to see the true power of the Sentry, and will see much more impressive feets in the near future.

golem370
Or maybe it was a bluff like Cannonball with Gladiator.

grey fox
"Hi I'm sentry a super powerful rip off of superman, but lets not tell anyone shall we , even though my power derives in a similar way ".

"HI ME AM HULK....HULK NO LIKE BAD COPYRIGHTS YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT HULK DID TO GRUNDY "

(hulk points to a few dismembered albino arms/legs)

"You cant beat me you green goliath for i am the golden guardian of good with the power of a million exploding suns"

"HULK WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY PATHETIC LONG HAIR MAN" (slaps sentry causally ripping him in half)

nimbus006
Originally posted by golem370
Or maybe it was a bluff like Cannonball with Gladiator.

Could very well be.

sam_drugbringer
Originally posted by grey fox
"Hi I'm sentry a super powerful rip off of superman, but lets not tell anyone shall we , even though my power derives in a similar way ".

"HI ME AM HULK....HULK NO LIKE BAD COPYRIGHTS YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT HULK DID TO GRUNDY "

(hulk points to a few dismembered albino arms/legs)

"You cant beat me you green goliath for i am the golden guardian of good with the power of a million exploding suns"

"HULK WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY PATHETIC LONG HAIR MAN" (slaps sentry causally ripping him in half)

Did you even read the first Sentry arc?

"Golden man is Hulk's best friend"

golem370
Mindless Hulk could be him with enough anger.

grey fox
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
Did you even read the first Sentry arc?

"Golden man is Hulk's best friend"

.......shit

The Ion
Originally posted by nimbus006
I dont think you guys understand... Those of you who are saying Silver Surfer can take Sentry are sorely mistaken. As an advent fan of the surfer it hurts to say this but Sentry will destroy him. You have to realize that Terrax swung at him with his cosmic axe as hard as he could and Sentry just stopped his swing with one hand and told him to leave, and Terrax was so scared he did. In my opinion were only begginning to see the true power of the Sentry, and will see much more impressive feets in the near future.
Well the difference is Surfer would never be jobbed out so hard.

golem370
Drax in a pure phsical fight with beat him with the gem of course.

nimbus006
Originally posted by The Ion
Well the difference is Surfer would never be jobbed out so hard.

Absolutely correct, but it doesnt take away from that fact that Sentry is beating him down whether it is difficult or not.

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox

sick sick sick sick sick

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
sick sick sick sick sick

I agree the cheesy lines are sickening , hell , supes and cyclops get better lines (freakin boy-scouts)

DigiMark007
I love the current rash of Sentry threads (i.e. don't love). The answer to all of them should be "we don't know yet" even after the Terrax and Photon fights. He's at least somewhere near cosmic-level...possibly more, though we don't know how much. I desperately just want to see him fight, say, Thanos so we can at least put a limit above or beneath him (depending on whether or not he wins/stalemates/etc).

leonheartmm
i agree, n that part about surfer defeatin cable has more than one thing wrong with it, cable is much much more poweful than any herald level guy PERIOD.

JediMasterLuke5
Superman in a Marvel DC crossover.

newjak86
Originally posted by newjak86
*Off in the distance Sentry hears destruction and mayhem he flies to meet this threat.*
*When he arrives he sees a figure clad in Crimson Armor and wearing a similar coloered helmet off in the dusk*
Sentry,"Hult or I will destroy you"
Cain," Don't know who I am do you"
Sentry, "It matters not now stop or I will make you."
Cain, "Make me then"
*With a grin on his face he colaapses a building next to him*
*Sentry flies and knoocks Juggernaut down but Juggs gets right back up and starts heading right towards him*
*They collide and much to the dismay of Sentry it isn't Cain that was stopped but Sentry himself as he collapses beneath Cain.*
*Cain then grabs him and places Sentry between his arms and begins to squeeze.*
*Sentry yelling in pain attacks Cain with any energy he can muster. The blast knocking Cain's helmet off but he is just standing there smirking and bear hugs Sentry even harder.*
*On the brink of blacking out Sentry all of sudden hears a car pull up and Xavier get out and Mind Rapes Cain for the millionth time.* This is what will happen evil face

Laminator_X
Hmm, without his forcefield I don't think Juggs could just take Sentry's blasts with a smile. Sentry might be able to reduce him to charred bones again. The Sentry could also do things like grab him (without stopping his motion) and whisk him off into space for a win by ringout.

The irony is that the Void would crush Cain, just like he TWICE did to the Hulk.

newjak86
Hmm, without his forcefield I don't think Juggs could just take Sentry's blasts with a smile. Sentry might be able to reduce him to charred bones again. The Sentry could also do things like grab him (without stopping his motion) and whisk him off into space for a win by ringout.

The irony is that the Void would crush Cain, just like he TWICE did to the Hulk. You don't understand Classic Juggs man. This is what he was made to do why he was created and branched out from simply being an X-Man villian. He was put in Marvel to simply when a hero got to be to strong or overwhelming it was Cain who was brought in to Humble them.
Thor Hulk he did it to them all.

Laminator_X
Hmm. That smacks of either fanboyishness or bad writing. Just the same, I loved when he punked Colossus in that bar brawl. Cain vs. Sentry I'd give to whomever suffers from the least stupidity that day.

Lucid Lui
Well, Juggernaut is nowhere near as powerful as he used to be. I can't see him beating Sentry unless he goes classic again...

ImmortalOne
I hope they make a xover again, and Supez against Sentry this time.....

And oh yeah... SOMEONE WITH MAGICKCKK !!!

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
I hope they make a xover again, and Supez against Sentry this time.....

And oh yeah... SOMEONE WITH MAGICKCKK !!!

That would be cool. Supes is gonna need Magic to beat him. big grin

xmarksthespot
At some point, Wolverine will stab him.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Superman in a Marvel DC crossover.
^ thats the answer

ImmortalOne
In an xover Superman

In Marvel, well.......... Strange, Witch, LT, Baron Mordo !!

Ex11B
hhmm...

Asgardian Destroyer---maybe
Thanos---im sure most agree with me
Count Nefaria----if not,then Sentry will know he was in 1 hell of a fight

ImmortalOne
Nefaria would kill ehim

Blair Wind
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
At some point, Wolverine will stab him.

Its the marvel way! big grin

Laminator_X
The prospect of a Sentry/Nerfaria throwdown is something I crave. That Nerfaria was shown to escape from the Raft in the same event that brought the Sentry into the Avengers gives me hope.

sam_drugbringer
Who's Nerfaria?

long pig
All I want is Sentry to fight Thanos.

Once we see the Thanos fight, everything will fall into place. So, everyone write Marvel and tell them to make him fight Thanos.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by newjak86
You don't understand Classic Juggs man. This is what he was made to do why he was created and branched out from simply being an X-Man villian. He was put in Marvel to simply when a hero got to be to strong or overwhelming it was Cain who was brought in to Humble them.
Thor Hulk he did it to them all.

Newjak, I somewhat agree with you. If Juggs regains his old powers and has full control over them, he will be a force to be reckoned with. He will not just be a one dimesional character. If Juggs learns to erect that forcefield at will, learn how to control his size like he did before, learns how to emit mystical blasts like he has in the past, the fight can damn near go either way.

Yes, this is coming from the man formerly known as Sentry.

Ex11B
Who's Nerfaria?

a team-wreaking beast.. very easily class 100 in terms of strength..if your going to bring this guy down..please bring plenty of top-guns to battle him....oh,and leave town while you can laughing

Dr.Fate
hey in a cross over but not DC in Astro City. I want to see Samaritian pimp slap Sentry across the face and go "Yo I'm the tasteful Superman rip off! There is enough of us already!" and Sentry leaves the council of Superman ripoffs never to been outside of a back issue bin again. The Council Samaritian, Mr.Majestic, Gladiator and the Leader Captain Marvel

SHAZAM

nimbus006
The prospect of a Sentry/Nerfaria throwdown is something I crave. That Nerfaria was shown to escape from the Raft in the same event that brought the Sentry into the Avengers gives me hope.

Agreed

Scoobless
Who's Nerfaria?

Nefaria.... he's the guy that takes Thor's best shots without flinching

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8094/nefaria34ob.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4078/nefaria12qu.png

he's generally considered to be bad news

Adam Warlock
Even Superman couldn't take a Mjolnir shot like that without being fazed.

Nefaria is one bad mofo.

On a side note, Wonder Man is supposed have a new 8 or 12 part series coming out sometime in 06, and his main enemy is no suprise, Count Nefaria.

But a Sentry and Nefaria battle would be awesome.

jgiant
Hulk Smash! He needs a win...

the Darkone
I say count nefaria, Thanos, Thor, SS, Tyrant is ot of these people.

Scoobless
I kinda hope Thor does it

nimbus006
Noooo!!! not Thor...lol, Im hoping its Thanos, but Count Nefaria would be an awesome fight.

Adam Warlock
Props to Armand for my new sig.

JediMasterLuke5
Thor should beat him. Thats who Id like to see beat him. But in a cross over Superman wins.

Lucid Lui
I'd like to see Black Bolt take Sentry down a notch. He could do it.

olympian
Hey Adam Warlock, thats Gil Kane art?

I see Thor taking Sentry down. Or BB.

But id like it most to be Herc with a chocke hold like he did to Thor wink cant..breath.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by olympian
Hey Adam Warlock, thats Gil Kane art?

I see Thor taking Sentry down. Or BB.

But id like it most to be Herc with a chocke hold like he did to Thor wink cant..breath.

Rune King Thor take Sentry down? Sure. Normal Thor? Nope.

Black Bolt stands a good chance, but most likely not.

Choke hold? I don't think Sentry needs to breath.

olympian
I mostly joking about the chocke hold. . .

Unless he ends up needing to breathe of course wink

yahman
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
I think that bits tongue in cheek in it and supposed to be "retro" smile I kind of find it funny smile I agree the rest of the book is good smile

I like the guy !!!!!!!!! But his origin needs a serious revamp.

yahman
Originally posted by nimbus006
Noooo!!! not Thor...lol, I'm hoping its Thanos, but Count Nefaria would be an awesome fight.

I'm pretty sure he will beat Nefaria. smile

Thanos though, is a different matter. I don't think this fight will ever happen. It will bring to much discredit against the looser.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Rune King Thor take Sentry down? Sure. Normal Thor? Nope.

Black Bolt stands a good chance, but most likely not.

Choke hold? I don't think Sentry needs to breath.

Thank you...Theres no way normal Thor is beating Sentry... no way. now Rune King Thor thats a different story. I say we just wait and see.

olympian
Why are you even dismissing Thor if we dont know how the two compare.

Not to mention he did the same Sentry did. Defeated Herald level beings before.

nimbus006
Not with the ease Sentry did. He didnt even have to fight him, just said be gone and that was it. Anyway im not trying to undermine Thor the guy is a super class bad *ss (sorry for the cheesy rhyme),but its just i dont see him winning... will find out soon enough.

Adam Warlock
I have no doubt normal powered Thor can defeat heralds. I think he will have to use much more effort to defeat one though. Sentry nonchalantly crushed Terrax. Killed Attuma as if it was nothing.

Mr _Whirlysplat
I have no doubt normal powered Thor can defeat heralds. I think he will have to use much more effort to defeat one though. Sentry nonchalantly crushed Terrax. Killed Attuma as if it was nothing.

I actually agree smile

hawkwind
thor is gonna whip that @$$

Laminator_X

That's it exactly! It's not that he beat Terrax, it's that he effortlessly beat Terrax, and broke his axe to boot!

His casual brutality against both Carnage and Attuma point towards how deeply messed up Rob is. Even the "Good" personality offed those guys without batting an eye. They had it coming mind you. Attuma was essentially a hot-war situation, and even as someone who's against the death penalty I'd be in favor of removing Cletus from existance for the general welfare of mankind. Sentry killed them both without hesitation. You expect that from Wolverine, but not from the "Golden gaurdian of Good."

armandovalles
This is the way i see it:

Rune King Thor >>>> King Thor >> Sentry > Thor

the Darkone
I would like to see Tyrant kick his ass.

olympian
"Not with the ease Sentry did"

Terrax has quite the lows that get him below Firelord and Surfer.

Its not like he is in the level of the two, altho i do agree -that- Sentry showing gets him above the normal top tier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.