10 plagues of Egypt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
Yes, after all this time someone has bothered to tell the truth about this story.

1: Blood Nile (Red River): An algae from greece infected the river and killed all the fish. They bleeded a lot causing a lot of blood. It got there from a mini volcano eruption.

2: Frogs: No fish, no tadpole eaters, many tadpole, many frogs.

3: Lice: Many frogs with low food, no frogs, no lice eaters, many lice

4: Flies: Same as lice but take longer to reproduce massive populations

5: Animal Disease: Flies carry disease and then die through lack of food

6: Boils: Flies carry disease and humans have stronger immune systems

7: Hail: From another mini volcano eruption causing bad weather

8: Locusts: Hail melts to water. Wet food atracts locust or chage of season

9: Darkness: Massive greek volcano eruption

10: Dead first born: Locust droppings on food, first born got more, jews got none.

Then red sea splitting. Misprint. Read sea which is marshy and shallow, allowed jews to cross. Heavy armoured egyptians are bound to sink.

Since no-one could explain it at the time they said it was a man looking down from them who cares. AKA god.

I mean, walking across a split sea away from 30 mileperhour chariots???

Facts for everyone to see. Religion is BULLSHIT!!!

§P0oONY
They "bleeded"?

laughing

Plus..... I wouldn't go messing with peoples beliefs... bad Karma there.

a1hsauce
no expression

scooby doo 12
ok whats the point of this theard agian?

Ken Kenobi
It is true that the translations got messed up and that the stories got exaggerated though. So I tend to believe this. Yes, I'm athiest.

§P0oONY
I'm Atheist too..... and I don't really believe either.

Ken Kenobi
It's just like the story of Jesus walking on water, it has been discovered that the translation originated from the phrase "He walked by the water."

xyz jedi
God never existed. Would he kill you for swaring at the sky?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by xyz jedi

You really think (s)he'd waste his/her time with someone who swears at him/her?

Ken Kenobi

If there were a God, (s)he would not be so condoning for swearing in his/her name. God is supposedly all forgiving.

xyz jedi
not to offend people but you have to know the truth god and the bible are fiction

§P0oONY
not to offend people but you have to know the truth god and the bible are fiction

You've got no 100% proof.... but I do agree.

Shakyamunison
...Facts for everyone to see. Religion is BULLSHIT!!!

If you think the bible to be fact, this is what you will get. There are a lot more religions in the world than Christianity. So, before you say something like this, go find out. I am Buddhist and my religion is not bullshit.

Scoobless
Yes, after all this time someone has bothered to tell the truth about this story.

1: Blood Nile (Red River): An algae from greece infected the river and killed all the fish. They bleeded a lot causing a lot of blood. It got there from a mini volcano eruption.

10: Dead first born: Locust droppings on food, first born got more, jews got none.

Then red sea splitting. Misprint. Read sea which is marshy and shallow, allowed jews to cross. Heavy armoured egyptians are bound to sink.

Since no-one could explain it at the time they said it was a man looking down from them who cares. AKA god.

i saw a documentary on that a couple of years ago... pretty interesting

Capt_Fantastic
In regards to the first post, that is a long and interesting string of coincidences. So long and complex a list of coincidences that any bible thumper would say that god was responsible.

Look, long story short, I'm sure some of these things happened. But, there is little to no archaeological evidence for these events, much less any evidence to prove which Pharaoh was in power at the time. Many people say that all fingers point to Ramses the Great. But, that's just propoganda. When you take one of the four or five greatest rulers of a 5000 year old empire that oppressed the proposed "chosen people" of the one true god...and make that ruler out to be the butt of the joke, as it were...that's some powerful BS points.

Look at the old testament, in every scenario, the Jews are picked on by everyone, and then after some given period of time where they endured suffering and hardship, their god saves them....

You'd think a Jew wrote this stuff...

But, look who had to be given their own country? And why? Because 6 million of them died in gas chambers and ovens. But, I guess they got Israel because god gave it to them (well, BACK to them...since it belonged to the Palestinians at the time). For a people that suffers so much, I often wonder why they put such faith in their god.

And, on top of that, we've spent the next fifty years supporting them (The US has) at the cost of our own global reputation and domestic security.

Prince Nauj

very intresting, good job

debbiejo
I've read some very interesting things about the 10 plagues being more symbolic....I'll have to go find the book again and post.

Tari Ringeril
How do you explain the water in the jars turning into blood? Were there fish swimming around in there too?

Tari Ringeril
If the read sea is what really was there, how did the Pharoh's Army drown after the Jews got across, you have to remember, they had wagons, and cows, horses, mules, and lots of food, how did they not sink? You also have to remember the Pharoh's Army was on carriages and horseback. The Jews also took a lot of thier belongings with them...so the Pharoh's Army was lighter

debbiejo
You ever tried to walk in this goopy mud......Hmmmmmmmm...How could anyone get across....I've lost shoes that way...then would go the socks....you would just sink tooooo deep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.