Magneto vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scotsmn
Battle takes place on earth or at least within the atmosphere of earth.

No prep.

Fight is stopped after 30 minutes if there is no victor.

Who wins? Stalemate?

Avalonofthewind
Thor owns mag if its a serious fight.

scotsmn
Not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sure how. He's got that magnetic field and he can toss Thor around with it. Thor's helmet and who knows what else is metal.

sam_drugbringer
It's non feronus, like Loki's armor. Magneto can't control it.

leonheartmm
this is where it gets a lil confusing, mixin up xmen. mutants earth vs gods/cosmics. ive heard magneto's shield has taken thor's hammer before.

sam_drugbringer
Possibly one hit, so has loki's. That dosen't mean it's going to stand for 20 minitues.

scotsmn
I thought all metals were subject to Magneto's power.... ferrous or not

sam_drugbringer
oooh!!! There's a story (I keep thinking it's called days of vengence) where Magneto trys to attack Loki useing his armor, and fails horibly.

scotsmn
Hmm, I'll take your word for it. That still doesn't stop Mags from throwing all sorts of metal at him and squeezing the hell out of him.

JediMasterLuke5
Magneto=very very overated. Magneto is a Mutant, and Mutant are usually weak when compared to other hero's. Your talking about probally Marvel's best hero fighting a Mutant? Come one you can do better then that. Thor by a long shot.

leonidas
his shield has repelled mjollnir in the past, and mags gave the entire avengers a good run. bloodlust, i still go with thor, but i don't think it would be easy . . .

and it is ACTS of vengeance, and i don't THINK loki and mags squared off. loki didn't reveal himself until the last part in west coast avengers, and mags wasn't there. if they did meet, i don't recall it, and would love for someone to point it out. could you have been thinking about loki fighting apocalypse? THEY briefly fought in the acts of vengeance . . .

JediMasterLuke5
Thor throws his hammer at Mag and kills him.

scotsmn
Magneto can rip metal from the earth and hurl it as BBs towards Thor rending him blind for as long as he wishes. At the same time he can create thousand pound spikes and send them flying at Thor's Back, Neck, Head... He can wrap steel around his "boys" and squeeze with incredible force. He can do many many many things at the same time. Don't underestimate Mags!

JediMasterLuke5
Again he's a Mutant, Mutants are the weakess of hero's.

sam_drugbringer
Yeha, your right. Magneto has a good chance of wining.

But Thor still has it. The BEST odds I can give Mags is 4/10

scotsmn
No way! I'll continue...

He can wrap cable around Thor's throat... weld his legs together ... send liquid metal into his ears, nose, eyes and shove a ton of it down into his lungs and guts. Then he can work that metal from the inside turning it into sharp jagged blades and zipping them around ripping things. Meanwhile he's spinning him all over the place in circles, crashing him into things, still throwing sharpened metal spikes at him, grinding him into the core of the earth...

I think Mags can do better than 4/10!

scotsmn
If Thor wins, which I kinda doubt, he'll be sneazing copper and pissing ... heh... that's another entrance isn't it?

sam_drugbringer
I WANT to belive you. Mags is eaisly one of my fav charaters. But no matter what he does, I doubt he can overcome the brute power of Thor.

scotsmn
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
I WANT to belive you. Mags is eaisly one of my fav charaters. But no matter what he does, I doubt he can overcome the brute power of Thor.

Do...... I hear a 4.5/10?

spiderman44
hey scotsmn ur pissin me off nigga ive been a marvel fan all my life nd i neva heard dat mutants r the weakest mutants r the strongest people in marvel name 7 of the strongest people in marvel that arent mutants

scotsmn
Originally posted by spiderman44
hey scotsmn ur pissin me off nigga ive been a marvel fan all my life nd i neva heard dat mutants r the weakest mutants r the strongest people in marvel name 7 of the strongest people in marvel that arent mutants

Whoa... confused

sam_drugbringer
Originally posted by scotsmn
Whoa... confused

Indeed, Whoa.... confused

spiderman44
aight just remeber im black when i say dis aight all the strongest marvels r mutants mutants can take over marvel universe like nothing and magneto vs thor i give it to magneto cuzz thors a dumb ass blonde

hoorayforpeepee
mutants the weakest heros?

riiiiiiiiiiight.

x-man, magneto, god-cable, northstar (supposed to be 99% C), colossus, jean grey, pre-HoM iceman (haha)...the list goes on.

scotsmn
We straight been hijacked yo! eek!

JediMasterLuke5
Do...... I hear a 4.5/10?
No more like a 1/10 shot. Thor is a god. Thor throws his hammer at Mag and Mag dies. Its that simple. Mag is a mutant, mutant are very weak usually only possessing one ability.

scotsmn
Yeah but his ONE power is VERY versatile

hoorayforpeepee
i re-iterate, jedimasterluke:

mutants the weakest heros?

riiiiiiiiiiight.

x-man, magneto, god-cable, northstar (supposed to be 99% C), colossus, jean grey, pre-HoM iceman (haha)...the list goes on.

have you just been spacing on mutants for the last thirty years?

sam_drugbringer
Yeha Jedi, your way undervauleing Magneto here. He could kill thousends with a mere thought. He's lifted tons of tons of metal from one corener of the planet to the other. He was able to eaisly keep an entiere astroid, big enough to put a base on, above the ground for months.

If this were Magneto Prime, I'd give him 5/5. And Curent Magneto is not far from there.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee

All which will get beaten by Superman, Thor, Martian Manhunter, GL's, Gladiator, Sentry, SS, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Shazaam, Dr.Fate, Dr.Strange, and many more

sam_drugbringer
Iceman could kill superman eaisly. Lowering his body temprature to 0 tends to beat a guy.

sam_drugbringer
And you do realise Wanda and Frankin got their powers from a mutation, right?

Wynndar
Mutants range in power from Calisto all the way up to Franklin...cant really make any kind of generalization except mutants may generally be a little weaker than the irradiated superhumans and gods like Thor.

scotsmn
So I think what we're all saying here is Magneto 9/10 ?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Wynndar
Mutants range in power from Calisto all the way up to Franklin...cant really make any kind of generalizationI would have said from Beak to Phoenix...Originally posted by Wynndar
except mutants may generally be a little weaker than the irradiated superhumans.What a... convenient... statement.

Wynndar
Im just saying the average mutant in the X-Men roster is slightly more down to earth than the average Avenger or F4 member...thats why X-Men are easier to relate and more interesting to read in my opinion.

Molecule man
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Magneto=very very overated. Magneto is a Mutant, and Mutant are usually weak when compared to other hero's. Your talking about probally Marvel's best hero fighting a Mutant? Come one you can do better then that. Thor by a long shot.

Yeah right and so are Franklin Richards roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wickerman
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t373338.html

Enjoy thumb up

~wickerman~

TheKahn
Thor wins this easily. Magneto is a pretty powerful dude, and if he was facing an unarmed Thor I'd might give it to him. But Thor has Mjolnir which can not only generate magnetic and gravational fields but also can drain other souces of energy and then there is the God Blast.
Thor wins 9/10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29#Powers_and_abilities
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t369118.html

Mainstream
you think'eth that Thou Thor can't kicketh Magnetos buttocks...thou are bullzhitting!!

Wickerman
Originally posted by TheKahn
Thor wins this easily. Magneto is a pretty powerful dude, and if he was facing an unarmed Thor I'd might give it to him. But Thor has Mjolnir which can not only generate magnetic and gravational fields but also can drain other souces of energy and then there is the God Blast.
Thor wins 9/10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29#Powers_and_abilities
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t369118.html

First thing, Thor only uses the Godforce incredibly rarely. I don't know if he'd use it vs. Magneto. Second of all, if he can absorb Magneto's source of energy, why didn't he do that when they fought and Magneto's shield resisted Mjolnir? Just to make it clear, i have no idea when that happened, but people keep saying it did messed

~wickerman~

TheKahn
Originally posted by Wickerman
First thing, Thor only uses the Godforce incredibly rarely. I don't know if he'd use it vs. Magneto. Second of all, if he can absorb Magneto's source of energy, why didn't he do that when they fought and Magneto's shield resisted Mjolnir? Just to make it clear, i have no idea when that happened, but people keep saying it did messed

~wickerman~

Thor mightly strong, but mightly dumb somethime

sad

Wickerman
Originally posted by TheKahn
Thor mightly strong, but mightly dumb somethime

sad

Ya got dat right sad

~wickerman~

leonheartmm
if u look at ir from a purely static stand poitn without comparin enemies, they both have a good chance against each other. but if u think that OH thor beat surfer so her must be better than mags then ofcourse mags loses.

TheKahn
Thor is just too versitle for Magneto. Thor is on a different level

Wynndar
Originally posted by Wickerman

~wickerman~

That was in the ultimate universe where Thor is utterly wack.

illadelph12
Spidey, the "N" word isn't necessary brotha.

Scoobless
Originally posted by spiderman44

Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, Quasar, Genis, Doctor Strange

Thor uses Mjolnir to drain Mag's field... and the rest of his power, leaving him weak and feeble... then backhands him casually ... removing his head

Thor's powers:

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv

an oldie... but still.....

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9288/thormagneto1yu.jpg

stick out tongue

Mainstream
Originally posted by illadelph12
Spidey, the "N" word isn't necessary brotha.

Namek?

JediMasterLuke5
Iceman could kill superman eaisly. Lowering his body temprature to 0 tends to beat a guy.
Lol, biggest BS I ever heard. Even if he could how would he get the chance to do it? Speed Blitz Iceman dies.

Superherovandal
Iceman can't really die physically. but I agree that Iceman can't really beat supes as supes has a forcefield that covers every cell in his body.

wolverine8888
hmm lets think about this......maggs could reverse thors blood flow.
maggs coudl ripp all the iron from thors blood killing him. he could mnay things to thor.

Scoobless
Originally posted by wolverine8888
hmm lets think about this......maggs could reverse thors blood flow.
maggs coudl ripp all the iron from thors blood killing him. he could mnay things to thor.

what makes you think that Asgardians have iron in their blood?

sam_drugbringer
Magneto really doesn't have much of a chance. Thor is simply in another league.

Only Magneto Prime can go toe to toe with him.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Scoobless
what makes you think that Asgardians have iron in their blood?

hmm maby because ive seen comics with thor eatign and drinking which would mean he putting iron into his blood.

Scoobless
Originally posted by wolverine8888
hmm maby because ive seen comics with thor eatign and drinking which would mean he putting iron into his blood.

wow ... are you a professional scientist?

wolverine8888
? thats simple known fact

sam_drugbringer
Shit man, I'm not even sure if Thor has uses blood like humans do...

Anyway, I guess if magneto can kill Phenoix, he has a chance agienst Thor (I keep changeing sides!)

scotsmn
If Thor bleeds RED, you can bet he has iron in his blood

Scoobless
If Thor bleeds RED, you can bet he has iron in his blood

you could bet he has monkey turds in his blood as well.... doesn't make it true

scotsmn
you could bet he has monkey turds in his blood as well.... doesn't make it true
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blood is red because it contains iron...

sam_drugbringer
He's Right.

Scoobless
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blood is red because it contains iron...

blood on earth is red for that reason.... do you have any idea of the chemical makeup of Asgardian blood? there are elements there that don't exist on earth ie: Uru.... so what makes you so absolutely positive that iron is what gives Asgardian blood its pigmentation?

He's Right.

same question to you

scotsmn
blood on earth is red for that reason.... do you have any idea of the chemical makeup of Asgardian blood? there are elements there that don't exist on earth ie: Uru.... so what makes you so absolutely positive that iron is what gives Asgardian blood its pigmentation?

same question to you

Uhh.. because... there are like ... a lot of other colors besides red ...

Are you claiming coincidence? It's a pretty safe bet to assume that they also have iron in asgard. If there is iron in Asgard, it's gonna be in his blood.

Scoobless
Uhh.. because... there are like ... a lot of other colors besides red ...

Are you claiming coincidence? It's a pretty safe bet to assume that they also have iron in asgard. If there is iron in Asgard, it's gonna be in his blood.

coincidence... yes

Asgardian also look a hell of a lot like Humans.... as do the Olympians, Inhumans, the Shi'ar, the Kree (except for colour), people from wherever Silver Surfer is from, even Galactus (except for scale), etc, etc.... these are all coincidence as well....

you can't just assume something based on a colour

Asgardians are also a magical race... maybe it's a magical aspect of their being that makes their blood red

sam_drugbringer
Um... You do realise the race Galactus decends from is normal human hight.

And That Galactus apears like a native to any spices. He looks like a kree to a kree, and to an ant he looks like a giant ant.

ANYway, I don't know if there's any evidence that Wolverine's blood contains Iron. Prehaps it dosen't and the red coloring is simply a side effect of his healing factor....

There's no reason to asume his blood is red from some as-of-yet undisclosed reason.

scotsmn
or maybe....

Scoobless
Um... You do realise the race Galactus decends from is normal human hight.

And That Galactus apears like a native to any spices. He looks like a kree to a kree, and to an ant he looks like a giant ant.

i actually did not know that, tx ... does he always appear to be wearing a pig purple suit?

big grin

although his race would appear to be similar to human, he did exist before the creation of the current MU... so there are bound to be physiological differences

ANYway, I don't know if there's any evidence that Wolverine's blood contains Iron. Prehaps it dosen't and the red coloring is simply a side effect of his healing factor....

There's no reason to asume his blood is red from some as-of-yet undisclosed reason.

well mutants are still human to a great extent... so it's a safer assumption to think that it's because of iron content... although you're right, it could be red for another reason

jollyjim311
I just have to say I love you icon, scotsmn, that makes me sound queer, but, whatever. I vote Magneto. And as for the coincidense of his blood being the same color, I think that is stretching it a little. If Mgnet ges all out there are VERY few who can defeat him.

sam_drugbringer
Yeha, the "it's not iron" arguemnt is kinda wierd.

Galen (Galactus real name) apeared in the last FF arc. He looks completely human. No purple head thing.

Scoobless

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv

Thor would own Magneto!

big grin

Scoobless
Yeha, the "it's not iron" arguemnt is kinda wierd.

i never said it wasn't iron... i just said there's no way you could possibly know if it contains iron or not.... which you can't

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.