Anyone else think they made hermione look like too much of a prep in the last movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~dorkerina~
when i was watching three, i was like, what the heack!? Hermione looks preppy, whats up with that? it destroys the whole, she looks great at the yule ball, thing, wich i think is a key part of rons jelioulsy!

it's a little trivial i guess, but gosh! when will the plot distruction stop!? laughing

Barker
Originally posted by ~dorkerina~
when i was watching three, i was like, what the heack!? Hermione looks preppy, whats up with that? it destroys the whole, she looks great at the yule ball, thing, wich i think is a key part of rons jelioulsy!

it's a little trivial i guess, but gosh! when will the plot distruction stop!? laughing
What the f**k? 1. The Yule Ball isn't in Book Three.

2. The Plot Distruction Will End When HP gets a Compotent Director.

3. Spell Check. cool

Prince Nauj
nope you are correct. she was dressed nice all the time

hpfan811
well...shes pretty much always dressed in gryffindor robes x-cept 3 and 4

~dorkerina~
oh i mean ruin the yule ball in movie four, if she allways looks good (like in three, they had it down in one and two) she wont look stunning and make ron jelious....

haha spell check... reading

Take_Me_Away
no, i do not think she was a prep. i do not see why looking nice makes you a prep.

Mr. Bacon
shes still hot

Draco69
They ruined Hermoine appearance in the movies. Contrary to popular opinion, Hermoine is basically Velma from Scooby-Doo. Without the "Jinkies!". Hermoine has badger-teeth, shaggy hair that looks like a potential condor nest, and is pretty unattractive.

But the movie made Hermoine a bombshell in contrast to what Hermoine REALLY looks like. Which is probably what sparked the whole Harry/Hermoine nonsense...

MistressofSnape
laughing out loud i guess your pretty much right

Take_Me_Away
Really? Because I think that you are pretty much wrong.

Take_Me_Away
Hermione is very pretty in the books. Because of her smarts however, no one has ever really treated her like a girl. Ron is realizing for the first time that she is beautiful-and punishing himself about why he didnt see it sooner.

Krum-who did not go to Hogwarts and so knew nothing of Hermione's reputation-was smitten with her.

~dorkerina~
No, she was pretty ungirly, not that she was ugly, but she wasn't concerned with her appearence too much. I'm not saying looking nice makes you look preppy, well actually yes i am in the way that she looked nice, becuase she was all stylish and proffesionaly groomed looking, unlike hermine is in the books. Krum noticed her intelect and personality. You can look in th ebooks i swear, and jk even describes her with frizzy (i think even mop at times) hair, and buck teeth (which she gets shrinked after her fight with the slitherin girl in the fourth book). So she spends hours on her hair to straighten it for the yule ball, and uses a bunch of beauty products and ron is like wow! (and does realise she is a girl for the first time, and lets face it, ron is shallow that way).

Take_Me_Away
No, she was pretty ungirly, not that she was ugly, but she wasn't concerned with her appearence too much. I'm not saying looking nice makes you look preppy, well actually yes i am in the way that she looked nice, becuase she was all stylish and proffesionaly groomed looking, unlike hermine is in the books. Krum noticed her intelect and personality. You can look in th ebooks i swear, and jk even describes her with frizzy (i think even mop at times) hair, and buck teeth (which she gets shrinked after her fight with the slitherin girl in the fourth book). So she spends hours on her hair to straighten it for the yule ball, and uses a bunch of beauty products and ron is like wow! (and does realise she is a girl for the first time, and lets face it, ron is shallow that way).

Being unconcerned with her appearance, that is what makes her beautiful. Though she had buck teeth, and frizzy hair, i still beliveve that she is a pretty person. JK focuses on these things to bring her appearance down-to show why people never consider her "a girl". She never dwells on Hermione's good features so that the reader will suspect that she doesnt have any.

I think this is a bit of a disguise.

P.S. I doubt that Krum noticed her intelect. He had never talked to her, and had only seen her reading a lot. Reading a lot doesn't make you a genius. (Most readers are smart. But...) Watching her read a book would not cause him to fall in "love". It must have been a some-what physical attraction. I still think Hermione has always been at least more pretty than anyone has given her credit for.

And yes, laughing out loud Ronnikens is very shallow. lol

~dorkerina~
laughing

Ronnikens

true, i never thought of it that way, but i still think that in the movie they ruined that.

~dorkerina~
not that i don't like emma , she does a good job.

i blame the makeup people!

gshkris7272
i think she looks really different in the 4th movie, compared to movie one... her hair is a little less curly... but i dont think she is a prep.

~dorkerina~
not acting prep, i'm talking about her look, and no, there is not much difference between the third and fourth movie look....

gshkris7272
i still dont think she acts to much like a prep, well maybe.. i actually dont know

noelluvspotter
when i was watching three, i was like, what the heack!? Hermione looks preppy, whats up with that? it destroys the whole, she looks great at the yule ball, thing, which i think is a key part of rons jealously!

I definitely believe that she was made into a prep and not really a good looking one either may i add.

~dorkerina~
oohhhh burn!

i don't think she acted like much of a prep, but she deffinately looked like one.

Darth Imperial
Originally posted by noelluvspotter
when i was watching three, i was like, what the heack!? Hermione looks preppy, whats up with that? it destroys the whole, she looks great at the yule ball, thing, which i think is a key part of rons jealously!

I definitely believe that she was made into a prep and not really a good looking one either may i add.

Not really good looking?!?!? blowup

~dorkerina~
i don't really know how to take that answer......

Anoushka
Originally posted by Draco69
They ruined Hermoine appearance in the movies. Contrary to popular opinion, Hermoine is basically Velma from Scooby-Doo. Without the "Jinkies!". Hermoine has badger-teeth, shaggy hair that looks like a potential condor nest, and is pretty unattractive.

But the movie made Hermoine a bombshell in contrast to what Hermoine REALLY looks like. Which is probably what sparked the whole Harry/Hermoine nonsense...

i agree quite a bit with you here.only i think hermoine's the kinda girl who has the potential to be really pretty (apart from the buck teeth) and needs a major makeover before anyone can truly see it :yes

shaber
What drivel the first post in this thread is! How should she look then? Traumatised and vacant? (as if from a public school!) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Insomnia
Originally posted by Draco69

I disagree. In the books, both harry and hermione were ugly ducklings. I thought they were destined for each other.

When I read the books, I tended to ignore their written appearances (and age, frankly), and I just pretended that they were better looking. When the movies came out, I thought the casting for Ron didn't make sense.

I'm glad that you weren't in charge of the movies, because you would have made the entire cast hideous. Additionally, Hermonie is a bombshell, period. No comparison needed.

Faeries_Ascendn
doesnt she get rid of her buck teeth in book 4? when malfoy (i think) cursed her?!

i think they wear 'muggle chothes 2 much in da 3 & 4 and thats why she looks preppy

lyk they really wear bleach brushed jeans at hogwarts!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.