Comic Characters YOU Want to See in Their Own Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
inspired by the other thread
from what i can tell it hasnt been made yet
discuss!

Lucid Lui
Aquaman. Or Namor. I'm more of an Aquaman fan so i'd rather him. Anyway, a movie about either of these guys could look incredible. (look better with Aquaman though ;P)

el barto_1
there's so many: deadpool, solo, silversurfer, black panter...etc

those are just the top of the list. a solo movie would rock ass

Quick Freeze
after a while i think it would be pretty sweet to see an Access movie

DarkCrawler
Namor.

Duh.

Adam Warlock
Namor is supposed to be out in late 06, maybe summer of 07.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, I know.

But I want to see him. :P

If it flops, I will kill the director.

If they even TRY to make it like that 2004 series of Namor, I will torture and kill them.

I want AVENGING SON! IMPERIOUS REX! Not some Disney-esque little Merboy.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Namor is supposed to be out in late 06, maybe summer of 07.

Not likely, production has not yet even begun.

vaya_the_elf
Justice league... or something with Hawkgirl. Also a movie with Green latern would be cool as well.

A Nightwing movie would be cool.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Not likely, production has not yet even begun.

DrDoom101
ironman

Quick Freeze
access would be sweet because you could have a cameo of everyone's favorite at one point

SnakeEyes
I think that a Green Lantern movie would be pretty damn awesome. Probably one about Hal Jordan and his origin.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Its still officially TBD, according to third quarter results released by Marvel yesterday.

Spider-Man 3 Sony Director, May 4, 2007 release
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fantastic Four 2Fox Director, July 4, 2007 release (1)
Silver Surfer Fox TBD
Wolverine Fox TBD
Deathlok Paramount TBD
Hulk 2 Universal TBD
Namor Universal TBD (1)

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20051109005397&newsLang=en

As you can see, this film will not be released by late 06 or summer 07 as Adam said.

Darth Macabre
I know this is going to sound strange but I would love to see a Deadshot movie. Name it like Deadshot: Ultimate gun or even Deadshot: Suicide squad or something. LoL I know lame but just my opinion.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Its still officially TBD, according to third quarter results released by Marvel yesterday.

Spider-Man 3 Sony Director, May 4, 2007 release
Fantastic Four 2Fox Director, July 4, 2007 release (1)
Silver Surfer Fox TBD
Wolverine Fox TBD
Deathlok Paramount TBD
Hulk 2 Universal TBD
Namor Universal TBD (1)

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20051109005397&newsLang=en

As you can see, this film will not be released by late 06 or summer 07 as Adam said.

Okay I was wrong. How bout late 07 or summer of 08?

The Ion
Good God, Fox. They suck pretty badly. I hope you're ready to do some killing DC. laughing

hoorayforpeepee
deadpool, silver surfer, sentry, green lantern...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by The Ion
Good God, Fox. They suck pretty badly. I hope you're ready to do some killing DC. laughing

I'm sharpening my knives. mad

GalacticStorm
Namor, Silver Surfer, Storm, The Dark Phoenix saga would be awesome, Green Lantern

newjak86
HOnestly a Deathstroke movie would be awesome in my opinion. Ironman would be sweet as well.

Mainstream
Originally posted by newjak86
HOnestly a Deathstroke movie would be awesome in my opinion. Ironman would be sweet as well.

I Nightwing movie with Deathstroke and Blockbuster as the villians would rock...maybe even with some appearances by Arsenal, Robin, and Bat...nah he makes his own movies.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Okay I was wrong. How bout late 07 or summer of 08?

I believe 08 is a great possibility. If they successfully get the script completed by mid 06 or so then begin filming around early 07 then we may see it in summer or spring of 08.

It also depends on how quickly DC starts up work on Aquaman. For example, if DC were to head into production sooner than expected then Marvel would likely push Namor out sooner.

Inspectah Deck
I heard their making a movie about Luke Cage

house
They are making a deadpool movie, It will star Ryan reynolds as deadpool.

Ill see if I can get the link.

Quick Freeze
ryan reynolds as dead pool?????

Lucid Lui
That's uhh, interesting...

Adam Warlock
Aquaman. Oops wrong thread...

I'd like to see one based on the inhumans. Mainly Black Bolt and his empire and how he gets along with Marvel Earth. Or one about Moon Knight. That would be cool.

house
I reckon this would go sweet as a deathlok movie

Swanky-Tuna
I'd like to see Ironman and Deadpool get movies.

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I know this is going to sound strange but I would love to see a Deadshot movie. Name it like Deadshot: Ultimate gun or even Deadshot: Suicide squad or something. LoL I know lame but just my opinion.
Oh man, if it would be half as awesome as that Justice League Unlimited episode, I'd watch it.

Family_guy725
i'd enjoy a VENOM film maybe a Gambit one as well

house
well you are getting venom in sm3...

Quick Freeze
really??? how are they gonna do that w/p the secret wars plot and who's gonna play him???

Relmiw
I'd like to see a warlock movie done right.... but i'd rather they didn't make one as it almost certainly would not

Next Venom_girl
I'd like to see a Spider-girl or a MC2 film. yes
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6551/mc2team27xb.jpg

roughrider
Ryan Reynolds is supposed to be on the Flash movie; he's David Goyer's first choice.

I would like to see Owen Wilson do Deadpool.

( Knock at Owen's door. Ben Stiller comes in.)
Ben: "You can't do Deadpool! I wanna be Deadpool!"
Owen: "Oh c'mon man; you're always putting yourself in my movies..."
Ben: "Hey, that's the other way around, flatnose! That guy's one-liners are priceless; I gotta do it!"
Owen: "Hey! I'd rather have my nose than that landing strip you have! Buddy, you're too short to be a cool hero, so..."
( Ben starts shoving)
Ben: "Short! I'm big enough to put another notch on that conker of yours! You can just forget that Starsky & Hutch sequel..."
Owen: "Oh yeah?? Stick Zoolander 2 up your a**, pipsqueak!"

Fightfightfight, bloodbloodblood... laughing

Family_guy725
lol that would be shweet

The Ion
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think that a Green Lantern movie would be pretty damn awesome. Probably one about Hal Jordan and his origin.
Yes. Give me Dennis Quaid as Hal Jordan. Give me Gary Sinise as Sinestro. Give me Wes Bentley as Kyle Rayner. Give me Mekhi Phifer as John Stewart. Give me a 100+ million budget.

Oh man droolio

Fishy 500
Originally posted by The Ion
Yes. Give me Dennis Quaid

Oh man droolio

whistling

Quick Freeze
i think it would be cool to see a movie made out of the 2 batman/spider-man's

Inspectah Deck
A Plastic Man movie would be good

Zarathustra
The Flash. I understand they're already working on one of those, though. Iron Man wouldn't suck, either.
Additionally, Green Arrow might hold up.

Lucid Lui
Does anyone remember the Flash movies? I used to love them.

roughrider
You mean the Flash TV show, with John Wesley Shipp? That was OK, except it was Barry Allen, five years after Wally West have taken over the role.

Bushwacker
There's a lot of great characters who deserve a movie. The only problem is that Hollywood can't seem to make a movie without modifying the character and/or history.

Grinning Goku
Fantomex!!!!

roughrider
Originally posted by Bushwacker
There's a lot of great characters who deserve a movie. The only problem is that Hollywood can't seem to make a movie without modifying the character and/or history.

We can't expect total fidelity; just like they can't film a novel word-for-word. It's being translated into a different medium, some change is neccessary. There must be a story that can end, or at least have an ending, not something that keeps going like comics do.

Next Venom_girl
Birds of Prey: The movie.

A Venom film, "Lethal Protector" Style, versus Carnage :drool:

Venom vs. Wolverine movie would be sweet too.

Alos would like to see Gambit in an X-film.

Bushwacker
Originally posted by roughrider
We can't expect total fidelity; just like they can't film a novel word-for-word. It's being translated into a different medium, some change is neccessary. There must be a story that can end, or at least have an ending, not something that keeps going like comics do.

I understand that, but don't understand why they always have to change the origin of the character. Or why somebody finds out their secret identity in almost every movie. I don't expect to see my favorite plotlines acted out on screen, but it would be nice if whoever is writing the script would at least be a fan of the character too instead of somebody who never read that comic until he got the job as scriptwriter.

roughrider
Both Superman and Spider Man, and the recent Batman, were very much on the mark in being faithful to the origins.

Bushwacker
To use your examples, here's what Hollywood changed:
Superman: They changed the Fortress of Solitude into a structure created by Kryptonian technology. It's here he becomes Superman.
Spider-Man: They changed his webshooters to be biological.
Batman: They changed him into a self-destructive offspring of murder victims who gets trained by Ras al Ghul to be an assassin instead of keeping him somebody dedicated to molding himself into a crime fighter.

I know this is nitpicking, but IMO this is just Hollywood thinking they can improve on something that's been around for years and years. They shouldn't be changing the back story, they should be changing the way we see the potential for future stories.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.