Newsflash To Straussian Neocon Idiots: Torture Doesn't Work

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
How torture works: You put someone in incredible pain and duress and they tell you WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR to end the pain, NOT THE TRUTH. This makes it not only immoral, but WORTHLESS as a tool of intelligence so why do Cheney and his brownshirts want to pull out of the Geneva convention? My guess is fascism (especially with the black sites that have been uncovered) governed through the threat of Sadism and "disapearance". Discuss-

oh, and fun fact: The biggest manufacturer of Torture devices in the world is Smith and Wesson.

a1hsauce
i thought you couldnt pull out of the Geneva Convention

Darth Jello
read the recent headlines, not only are we trying to pull out, but we've been torturing people by proxy or at black sites (secret concentration camps) for years.

silver_tears
that's hideous, yet not too surprising

Darth Jello
if certain ammendments are passed, and i'm allowed to run for president, and win in a few decades. I'd dust off eichmann's little glass cube and fly it up to the hauge, we're gonna have us some crimes against humanity trials and convict as many of em as we can.

a1hsauce
lol this is the man we who joined the man in running our country...ohhh boy.

silver_tears
haha I must say I love the smith and wesson web site laughing out loud

a1hsauce
lol that sig and avy of yours are frightening

silver_tears
I love em big grin

Darth Jello
well, i suppose firearms and testicular electrodes do have a similar clientele in some countries...

botankus
Nice sig, silver!

silver_tears
thank you big grin
and you better be sincere about it stick out tongue

botankus
I don't joke about people's sigs. wink

silver_tears
big grin
And I must say, your cow is up there on my amusing scale smokin'

soleran30
Originally posted by Darth Jello
How torture works: You put someone in incredible pain and duress and they tell you WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR to end the pain, NOT THE TRUTH. This makes it not only immoral, but WORTHLESS as a tool of intelligence so why do Cheney and his brownshirts want to pull out of the Geneva convention? My guess is fascism (especially with the black sites that have been uncovered) governed through the threat of Sadism and "disapearance". Discuss-

oh, and fun fact: The biggest manufacturer of Torture devices in the world is Smith and Wesson.

are you talking about physical or physcologically breaking someone down? I have a feeling you are speaking to both but really addressing physical methods. The Geneva Convention is a set of rules for countries to conduct themselves in "war." Get something striaght there are no rules of war except survive......Geneva convention lame really...

Torture is bad no doubt however I failed to see any sort of solution you had other then torture......Hell I can point out problems all day however that means jack unless I also present a viable solution.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Darth Jello

Okay...though using sodium pentothol to induce someone to talk more freely is also prohibited. Which is unfortunate, I must say.

debbiejo
OH, the worst torture for me would be locked in a room in complete darkness for ever...Well, maybe no forever, but I think I might just invent some imaginary friends in there and kinda get used to it....lol blink

PVS
Originally posted by debbiejo
OH, the worst torture for me would be locked in a room in complete darkness for ever...Well, maybe no forever, but I think I might just invent some imaginary friends in there and kinda get used to it....lol blink

and the award for nonsensical post of the week goes to....

debbiejo
Thank you very much, I'll take that award and place them in my trophy room....with all my other imaginary objects.

But a worse torture would be some one peeling my skin off real slow.

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
Thank you very much, I'll take that award and place them in my trophy room....with all my other imaginary objects.

But a worse torture would be some one peeling my skin off real slow.
Huh. We agree on that 100%.

silver_tears
I think torture can work, but more psychological torture than physical torture. It takes time and lots of work, but eventually the human mind will crack.

Zarathustra
Originally posted by silver_tears
I think torture can work, but more psychological torture than physical torture. It takes time and lots of work, but eventually the human mind will crack.
Of course it will crack, but what then? Your prisoner goes on to tell you what you want to hear: you put a confession in front of him and he'll sign it whether it's true or not. He makes up the story you want to hear to make it stop. Or he might tell the truth. Emphasis on might. It's unreliable.

silver_tears
By crack I mean he will tell the truth because he no longer has the faculties to disguise it. Not to mention people who engage in professional torture most likely can easily read people, and do it well.

jaden101
torture from western governments is refined....they get around many aspects of the conventional definitions of torture by employing technology

sirens that resonate the the exact frequency of the human ear...use of drugs to initiate dehydration...pressure positions...

all are totally disgusting but would probably not be considered extreme torture when compared with getting skinned alive and salt poured into the loose skin such as in sierra leone (happened to two sas operatives) or the good old electric current through the nads routine...works every time

FeceMan
Originally posted by jaden101
all are totally disgusting but would probably not be considered extreme torture when compared with getting skinned alive and salt poured into the loose skin such as in sierra leone (happened to two sas operatives)
People who do such things deserve to be killed in a slow, gruesome manner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.