VHS format for last movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astro
I realize most folks here have Star Wars on DVD....I do myself as a matter of fact. But for collectable purposes.......I cannot find ANYONE selling the last Movie, Pt 3 on VHS.

This is stupid........how can folks finish their "collections"??? I also have parts 4,5,6,1,&2 on VHS........this set will be incomplete without the latest move to add to it.

Does anyone know of any place to get this last movie on VHS tape?

Mr _Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Astro
I realize most folks here have Star Wars on DVD....I do myself as a matter of fact. But for collectable purposes.......I cannot find ANYONE selling the last Movie, Pt 3 on VHS.

This is stupid........how can folks finish their "collections"??? I also have parts 4,5,6,1,&2 on VHS........this set will be incomplete without the latest move to add to it.

Does anyone know of any place to get this last movie on VHS tape?

Asda in the UK

overlord
Oh yeah, this again. I have spoken to many people on forums about this, you should all work together and complain to George Lucas.

Oh wait, fans will not approve complaints.. pirate

Sesse
In Finland there are plenty of DVD and VHS copies... Just saw a guy buying one today.

Astro
Originally posted by overlord
Oh yeah, this again. I have spoken to many people on forums about this, you should all work together and complain to George Lucas.

Oh wait, fans will not approve complaints.. pirate

So.........how do we even contact GL to "beg" for this movie in VHS??
I havent a clue where to start.

Astro
Originally posted by Sesse
In Finland there are plenty of DVD and VHS copies... Just saw a guy buying one today.

Well I guess GL assumes everyone here in the USA no longer uses VHS......I rearely watch them anymore, but that is not my point. This is for "collection" purposes.

Maybe in a couple weeks those VHS tape you talk about overseas will start showing up on EBAY.........I hope so, that may be the only way to solve this problem.

Jedi Priestess

Sesse
Curious as there are VHS.

overlord
These days they can make good copies. smile

Astro
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

Yea, well..........thats bunk.........it really screws up all those fans who have been collecting those VHS tapes for years.....to stop on the last movie is just mean.

Ast
Originally posted by Astro
Yea, well..........thats bunk.........it really screws up all those fans who have been collecting those VHS tapes for years.....to stop on the last movie is just mean.

VHS are more expensive to produce, and they would barely sell, it would just be a waste.

chinabing
VHSs cost only slightly more pennies to produce than DVDs. It's the economies of scale that have shrank for vhss. Where once there used to be many mfgrs of vhs, now there are fewer so they can ask for more money.

roughrider
I understand the film WOULDN'T be released on VHS.
Besides collecting purposes, who gives a crap for VHS? That picture look so muddy to me now, after years of DVD and Laserdisc.
Now - I have a mint copy of the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition, on Laserdisc! Worth hundreds of dollars, I'm told. More than when I bought it fresh from the store at Xmas 1997.

tlbauerle
Actually Several people have said they found VHS tapes.

PVS
BUY. A. DVD. PLAYER.

and donate your vhs collection to the poor.
really, you can afford a computer, you can afford internet access,
you have the time to come here and complain about something so
trivial and useless...just go out, spend the cash, and get with the times

exanda kane
Erm. It is damn pathetic why the wont VHS RotS - so what if there wont be a huge market for them; dont produce a lot of them!

chinabing
Stop telling me which video format to use! I will make my own choice. You seem to have the time to complain about the complainers! Don't foist your video values on me!

JKozzy
Originally posted by exanda kane
Erm. It is damn pathetic why the wont VHS RotS - so what if there wont be a huge market for them; dont produce a lot of them! Do you want to spend $40 on a VHS? sick

roughrider
Pan-and-scan VHS can rot in hell.

PVS
Originally posted by chinabing
Stop telling me which video format to use! I will make my own choice. You seem to have the time to complain about the complainers! Don't foist your video values on me!

apparently mr. lucas holds the same 'video values' as i do laughing out loud

looks like you're beat!! eek!

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

Think this was only for US.

Jedi Priestess
Im beginning to think so as well. huh

overlord
Isn't it orderable in that case?

chinabing
I think it's hysterical that bootleg VHSs of ROTS are available.

The New History
Originally posted by chinabing
I think it's hysterical that bootleg VHSs of ROTS are available. They don't give out bootlegs at stores.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by The New History
They don't give out bootlegs at stores.

Nope just on the streets of New York. laughing

exanda kane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.