Post HOM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kichiku_beihei
Has any one else read the Post - HOM X Titles?

The rest of this content contains spoilers.

1) Sentinels are back!!! Happy Dance .
2) Jubes lost her powers no
3) Laura X, a.k.a. X-23 is going to join the New X-men Happy Dance Kinda weird how Claremont made it so that X-23 and Wolverine knew each other way before their initial encounter in Uncanny. confused
4) Poor Jay got his wings cut off no
5) Emma cotinues to be a raging ***** with a cold heart!! Big shocker I know eek! !!
6) Only confirmed New Mutants/Helions with powers is: Mercury, Helion, Surge, Elixer, Rock Slide, Dust, Wither, Jay. I wanted Sophia to keep her powers, she was one of my fav.'s miffed no .
7) Evil Xavier with his Evil X-Men eek!
8) Pietro alive miffed, but insane

botcherby
meh, I'm off to the comic store this weekend to sit, read and not pay for any comics... will be able to join in a convo then :P

Sentinels are just frigging awesome, and I'll thoroughly enjoy reading about them... I feel they make for the best fightscenes

... I'm still sore from learning Icepick lost his powers, and I'm desperate to find further info on this...

are these sentinels evil ones again or what? thats what I'll need to find out, and if they are... will they still register powerless mutants as a threat... and start killing them off... now that makes a cool fight, seeing Jubes Blob and Chamber beating down sentinels with friggin' sticks :P

Disappear
in decimation: the day after, we see that the sentinels are part of the "office of national emergency" (i think it's office,) aka O*N*E, and they're there to clean up the remainder of the mutant problem/deal with problems former mutants might start.

also, the "evil xavier" thing's from new excalibur, i believe, but what's been revealed about that so far? is it supposed to be the actual xavier, who's confirmed missing, or just something else?

kichiku_beihei
Who cares, I always wanted to see an Evil Xavier devil . I just want to see every ones faces when they see Evil Jean pirate

Blair Wind
ICEMAN!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!! and i havent seen it...but what does blob look like? i mean, is he still....blobby?

kichiku_beihei
nah, he's all icky lookin. Have you ever seen Austin Powers: Gold Member? At the end of the movie, Fat Bastard lost all that weight, and he had a lot of sagging skin, and his neck looked like a vagina? Well that pretty much describes The Blob now.

Fianna
OKay..I never got to read House of M but I really really wanted to, so can someone give me the outline of the plot please? big grin

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Fianna
OKay..I never got to read House of M but I really really wanted to, so can someone give me the outline of the plot please? big grin

Wanda Maximoff goes nutso. She changes reality. Magneto is the ruler of the world (basically). Mutants are superior race.

Little girl is able to bring back people's memories. (Or something like that.) She enlightens a few heroes. Heroes now fight House of M.

It is found out that Pietro is cause of making Wanda do this. Magneto fights Pietro. Wanda goes nutso. (again...) She changes reality back to real world. 'Cept tens of thousands of mutants have lost their powers.

House of M: In a Nutshell

willRules
Evil xavier eh?? Well xavier is the ultimate X-man so i hope he doesn't stay evil..................

kichiku_beihei
I don't think it's really him, it's either a clone or a parrallel reality Xavier and X-Men.

botcherby
I blame Chuck Austen and Peter Mulligen for everything

8bitChris
Originally posted by botcherby
meh, I'm off to the comic store this weekend to sit, read and not pay for any comics... will be able to join in a convo then :P

Sentinels are just frigging awesome, and I'll thoroughly enjoy reading about them... I feel they make for the best fightscenes

... I'm still sore from learning Icepick lost his powers, and I'm desperate to find further info on this...

are these sentinels evil ones again or what? thats what I'll need to find out, and if they are... will they still register powerless mutants as a threat... and start killing them off... now that makes a cool fight, seeing Jubes Blob and Chamber beating down sentinels with friggin' sticks :P

The new Sentinels are piloted by trained humans. It's pretty much the government's realization that they have little power over and against Super Heroes. So they developed the O*N*E* program to train pilots and give the government something they could fight back.

You can read about the new Squad in the upcoming Sentinel Squad O*N*E* mini. I think that's the title anyway. Looks like a fun read.

8bitChris
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Wanda Maximoff goes nutso. She changes reality. Magneto is the ruler of the world (basically). Mutants are superior race.

Little girl is able to bring back people's memories. (Or something like that.) She enlightens a few heroes. Heroes now fight House of M.

It is found out that Pietro is cause of making Wanda do this. Magneto fights Pietro. Wanda goes nutso. (again...) She changes reality back to real world. 'Cept tens of thousands of mutants have lost their powers.

House of M: In a Nutshell

*SPoilers*

Thousands of mutants lost their powers?

There were millions!

Mutant population is down more than 98% or something close to that.

Creshosk
Chamber Has basically been killed off. They took his powers away, but didn't give him his body back.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Nov_previews/GENM001015_col.jpg

kichiku_beihei
Originally posted by Creshosk
Has basically been killed off. They took his powers away, but didn't give him his body back.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Nov_previews/GENM001015_col.jpg

wow, thats gotta suck. It's like God kicked Chamber in the nuts when he lost his face/chest. Now God just kicked him in the nuts again while he's down by not returning his body.

DarkCrawler
But WHY did Wanda leave 198(?) mutants their powers?

"No more mutants"

Guess you are wrong, Wanda.

kichiku_beihei
Well, Ms. Frost, and Dr. Strange both put up force fields of some sort to protect the mutants around them. I also guess that the other mutants not affected did hte same thing....

Mainstream
Originally posted by kichiku_beihei
Well, Ms. Frost, and Dr. Strange both put up force fields of some sort to protect the mutants around them. I also guess that the other mutants not affected did hte same thing....

so most of the Xmen mutants still have thier powers right..I heard Magneto was powerless is that correct?

xmarksthespot
I think Strange's spellcasting protected the powers of some of the mutants present, while Emma's powers enabled some characters there to remember the events of HoM.

And yep Mags is powerless... can't even levitate a fork...
But I can't see him staying that way.

Mainstream
with mutant numbers down to under 200 magneto will have have to really work hard to make the world safe for mutants...but wait...if Mags is powerless he's not technically a mutant..and yeah..I doubt he'll stay powerless..he'll get stuck by lightening and be "reborn" or something.

kichiku_beihei
Well according to Marvel officials, every one that lost their powers will never, ever, ever, get them back again. doctor

Mainstream
interesting...I wonder how long until they cave kool-msn

xx_Storm_xx
i like that family guy thing then the kool aid guy busts throw the wall !!! lol

Mainstream
Originally posted by xx_Storm_xx
i like that family guy thing then the kool aid guy busts throw the wall !!! lol

me too kool-msn I also like then one when Chris had the talking zit...but I degress...so who are some of the mutants who still have thier powers.....I know cash cow Wolverine still got his mutant mojo right?

botcherby
the 198 is to do with the mutants that are second stringers, so there is potentially way way more than 198

I read on newsarama there were around 2,000,000 mutants, if its been reduced to 2% thats 40,000 mutants left :P.... that doesn't even cater for every freaking mutant thats appeared since since the 60's.... so there should be NO CHANGE

why oh why did Bobby lose his powers, I need an explanation arghhh

Crimson Phoenix
Heres some interview with Bendis about Post House of M which is pretty interesting:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Decimation/HoMPostMortem01.htm

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Decimation/HoMPostMortem02.htm

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by 8bitChris
*SPoilers*

Thousands of mutants lost their powers?

There were millions!

Mutant population is down more than 98% or something close to that.

Sorry I didn't say the correct number, ass. roll eyes (sarcastic)

the 198 is to do with the mutants that are second stringers, so there is potentially way way more than 198

I read on newsarama there were around 2,000,000 mutants, if its been reduced to 2% thats 40,000 mutants left :P.... that doesn't even cater for every freaking mutant thats appeared since since the 60's.... so there should be NO CHANGE

There, botherby did the math. Happy?

And that article--very interesting...

kichiku_beihei
Does any one else think that the Angel glowy person in the beginning of New X-Men #20 was Illiyana?

botcherby
who knows, we'll find out soon I suspect, if its anything important big grin

botcherby
heh reading that second post mortem makes me side with it all... I no longer harvest the anger I felt about Iceman initially, in fact now I'm happy about it in a sense.... great stories will come out of this hopefully, if the writers have their game faces on.

hotsauce6548
heh reading that second post mortem makes me side with it all... I no longer harvest the anger I felt about Iceman initially, in fact now I'm happy about it in a sense.... great stories will come out of this hopefully, if the writers have their game faces on.

I agree. yes

Besides, when Marvel gets a new Editor-In-Chief, everything will go back to normal. stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
A few observations. Bishop has powers (Why?). The Cuckoos are still empowered (yay). Emma still has her secondary mutation. Elixir is still a mutant... but is he still an Omega? Beak and the female Angel have lost their mutations but one of their weird kids is still a mutant (Again: Why?).

8bitChris
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
A few observations. Bishop has powers (Why?). The Cuckoos are still empowered (yay). Emma still has her secondary mutation. Elixir is still a mutant... but is he still an Omega? Beak and the female Angel have lost their mutations but one of their weird kids is still a mutant (Again: Why?).

No one can really say why Wanda left a select amount of mutants with their powers. They are dispersed throughout the world though.

It's my understanding that those who were present at the final battle are the only mutants who remember the final battle; not the only ones who kept their powers. wink

I assume that's why you were asking the question anyway.

xmarksthespot
Actually no, I didn't mean why did some escape Wanda's power. It was more, why did Bishop, a character I've always found contrived and uninteresting, get to keep his powers... he should have been a Generation M character... shifty

wannabe
Originally posted by kichiku_beihei

4) Poor Jay got his wings cut off no
AAARRRGGGHHH!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???

He is my favourite Academy-X character. sad

botcherby
how long do EIC's last for? is it until they retire or a set amount of time for example 3 years?

hotsauce6548
how long do EIC's last for? is it until they retire or a set amount of time for example 3 years?

Not sure. erm

Good question, though. stick out tongue

ScarletPheonix
Poor Jay got his wings cut off
YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING ,WERE DID U FIND THIS OUT?

i saw a preview of the issue but he still had his wings and i hate wat the preview showed about laurie and kevin

spoilers:Kevin thinks he lost his power and toches lauries hand and the hand starts to die.

kichiku_beihei
Originally posted by ScarletPheonix
Poor Jay got his wings cut off
YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING ,WERE DID U FIND THIS OUT?

i saw a preview of the issue but he still had his wings and i hate wat the preview showed about laurie and kevin

spoilers:Kevin thinks he lost his power and toches lauries hand and the hand starts to die.

The last page of New X-Men #20, you see him all bloody, and his wings missing. He had bandages wrapped aroun his chest/back.

DarkCrawler

Blair Wind
damn them....iceman...is no more....

botcherby
heh I just read HOM #8 in store, and I have to say the artwork was BS... I dunno how Joe Q could say Scott had any expression on his face that remotely looked sad lol.

EDIT: oh yea I also read the "day after HOM" and blob looks so sad, he wants to die which is crazy, because the last time he lost his powers he was so happy... mind you he didn't have lots of skin flapping in the wind :P. Also I think they want Mammomax an da few other retard mutants for "comedy" effect or somthing... its so sad.... but one thing that isn't are the sentinels.... awesome I tell you.... already at the mansion ready to kill things lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.