Spidersense vs. the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Spider-man vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Scoobless
Force users have a lot more going for them than the ability to see a little ahead of time.... Obi Wan can just suspend Spider-man in the air or use mind control

he doesn't even have to throw a punch

BlaqChaos
Let me remind everyone that Spidey's spidersense has been enhanced from a simple early warning to a psychic alignment with his enviroment.

Scoobless
it still doesn't help him against getting his mind taken over... or help him against force TK

illadelph12
An old Obi Wan could sense the deaths of millions of people from light years away (Episode IV). I don't think spidersenses are of the same caliber.

Scoobless
welll... he can talk to insects....... (though he seems to have forgotten about that new power in his recent issues)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hit_and_Miss
its just like aqua man talking to fish...

What are they going to say??? do animals that small even comprehend??? Its hard enough to get a dog to follow more then a few words....

jrodslam
The Force is way better.

jollyjim311
Obi Wan couldn't take over his mind. What are you talking about? He can influence the weak willed. He would still kill Spidey though. None of Spider-Man's attacks would be any good.

sam_drugbringer
Force manipulation is not quite as powerful as your making it seem, but it is still much more powerful and versitle then the Spider-Sence.

wolverine8888
windu shows up and whips both there asses

Scoobless
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Obi Wan couldn't take over his mind. What are you talking about? He can influence the weak willed. He would still kill Spidey though. None of Spider-Man's attacks would be any good.

Jedi masters can control thousands of minds at a time.... there's a lot more to the force than has been shown in the movies

sam_drugbringer
Let's not get into EU "I can move black holes and exsplode stars!" jedi. they are overpowered as heck.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Scoobless
Jedi masters can control thousands of minds at a time.... there's a lot more to the force than has been shown in the movies

No, Jedi Masters don't do that, it is against the Jedi code. Only the Ancient Sith Lords could "control" minds, but not thousands at a time. They do not have Professor X type abilities (meaning in mass quantities). Obi Wan's mind influence would do him no good in the fight. However, he would still crush Spider-Man like the bug he is.

Creshosk
This is true, the jedi mind trick works on the weak willed, Spiderman is not weak willed.

Spiderman still goes down.

DigiMark007
Read the new rules...(see my sig for link)...anything with SW characters should be in the SW vs. forum. I know they have comics, but they also have their own forum (with decent-but-less traffic than this one, hence moving it there with one SW guy instead of here because of one comic guy).

Moving.

Se7in
Actually Joruus C'baoth, who was a PT Jedi, could control thousands of minds at a time. This is irrelevant. Spiderman wins this.

Se7in
Oh yeah, forgot to ask, does Obi have a lightsaber?

Darth Faunus
Doesn't matter; he'd just use the Force to rip off his web-slingers, shove them down his throat, and chuck him off the Empire State Building. Or a Coruscanti skyscraper, depending on the location.

Gryn Jabar
Ugh. First it's comic fanboys, now it's SW fanboys. Notice the difference. We can spell.

DrDoom101
lmao

Se7in
Spiderman's webs are as strong as, if not stronger than, steel. He can lift up tanks, hell he lifted up a skyscraper once. I doubt Obi can just Force-hold him in the air, he has never exhibited such an ability and has failed to do so in appropriate occasions. Spiderman is fast enough to dodge bullets. Spiderman just stays a considerate distance away, out of the reach of Obi's Force if it is such a threat, and shoots numerous webs. Obi is caught up, Spiderman takes a good crack and Obi's melon falls apart.

DrDoom101
Obi-wan can do that spinning-his-lightsaber-around-like-he-did-in-ROTS-when-he-was-dueling-anakin move

Se7in
For how long?

DrDoom101
seconds before spider-man leaps at him. if he tries to swing things at Obi, he can Force push it back. There's no possible way Peter could take down a man with the Force, a lightsaber, and Jedi training.

Se7in
Spiderman wouldn't have to leap at him. Use a web to snatch his saber and then pound him.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Se7in
Spiderman's webs are as strong as, if not stronger than, steel. He can lift up tanks, hell he lifted up a skyscraper once. I doubt Obi can just Force-hold him in the air, he has never exhibited such an ability and has failed to do so in appropriate occasions. Spiderman is fast enough to dodge bullets. Spiderman just stays a considerate distance away, out of the reach of Obi's Force if it is such a threat, and shoots numerous webs. Obi is caught up, Spiderman takes a good crack and Obi's melon falls apart.

Stay "outside" of range of a force user ? That means staying completely out of sight.
And I don't think that Spiderman's webs would survive contact with a lightsaber and they can be affected by force manipulation (push them back etc.)

Obi-Wan wastes Spiderman.

Gryn Jabar
Yep. What you don't seem to understand se7in, is that Obi-Wan is simply BETTER then Peter. Obi-Wan is of the master race. Peter is not.
ALL HAIL OBI-WAN, member of the super race!

Gryn Jabar
HEIL!
HEIL!
HEIL!

Se7in
lol, you're gonna have to try a bit harder Gryn.

How long can Obi continue to deflect webs before fatigue sets in and his muscles give up? Range of the Force is not within sight. If this was so, someone could simply Force push armies away and keep walking forward.

What makes you think Obi is all that great with the Force? He Force-locked his apprentice and tied with him. That's about it. Unless I forget his great defense against Dooku Force-pimping him across the observation deck of the Invisible Hand.

Obi-Wan has two advantages, the Force, which has limitations, and a lightsaber, which could be easily disposed of. Prove to me that Obi could attack Spiderman from a distance besides saying "He can."

Borbarad
Originally posted by Se7in
How long can Obi continue to deflect webs before fatigue sets in and his muscles give up?

How long can Spiderman continue to shoot webs before his web cartriges are empty ?

No. Range of the force is basically several lightyears. In ESB you can see Vader force choking a guy who's some kilometres away.

Ever watched the Clone War cartoons ? wink

Well...let's see:
- Kicking a Sith Lord in TPM
- force speed, force jumps in TPM
- force pushing Grievous (that was nice)
- throwing that nice metal block at Grievous bodyguards
- sensing the destruction of Alderaan while being lightyears away
- extensive use of manipulation and the "mind trick" (on the Death Star in ANH when he makes the Stormtroopers look in one direction while disappering in the other direction)
- force lock his apprentice who's said to be the most powerful force user ever

Yes. Obi-Wan has advantages and Spiderman doesn't have some. So who will win ? The guy with the advantages maybe ? wink

Ushgarak
Non-SW thread. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.