Tournament: The "Other" Match

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007

Laminator_X
"cant block others' pre-cogs?"

Not that I'm in a position to argue, but since when? This limit was not in place in either the "Bonus Round" or in Dizzle's first round match. Why would this not be OK when it's acceptable for Venom's symbiote to sidestep Spiderman's SS?

The previous limitation of Leto's Prescience was:

Sorry if this sounds whiny, but this is kind of out of left field. What's the deal here?

I'm also a little confused about this "pick our ground" business. Are we supposed to decide amonst ourselves? Are we having three separate fights?

Dizzle
As clarification, Leto's prescience only blocks people's precog on HIM, much the same as Venom to Spiderman. It doesn't negate precog entirely, it just doesn't work on him.

Vote GODLIKE, for a better tomorrow! Mainly because if you do, Rainbow Bright won't eat your children!
(he's also the best fighter, as well as the strongest, fastest, and best energy-projecting (single blast strength) guy here. BRING IT ON!!!)

(hey, worked for Jinzin... hehehe, jk jin)

Scoobless
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I'm also a little confused about this "pick our ground" business. Are we supposed to decide amonst ourselves? Are we having three separate fights?

yeah... are we all arguing from seperate battlefields? or are we to decide on one?

i mean... if one of us picks the cage... and another the desert.... how can that work? the guy in the cage saays "you can't run away" where the guy in the desert says "i run around kicking up sand"... then cage guy responds with "there's no sand in my cage"

confused

Scoobless
hold on a sec... i thought Lam had to go back to his original guy for this fight

hmmm... if he gets to stay swapped, can i maybe use some of the discarded characters or weapons?

Dizzle
GODLIKE won the bonus round, so you fight GODLIKE. Plain and simple. Cuz if you really think about it, should someone who lost in the first round really have much of a chance against someone who made it to the semi finals without improvements?

Yeah, I'm not liking the multistage ideas... I vote we all agree on the Playboy Mansion, so that someone WITHOUT a gay guy and a female can enjoy the prize from winning there. (coughKHELLcough)

Course, should GODLIKE win, one guy's 10 and anothers a couple thousand. So it's like pedophilia and cradle robbing at the same time...

Then again, if you think even more, Scoob's got a robot and an alien. And Khell's been there before, and completely squandered the opportunity.

HKH's back yard it is!

DigiMark007
Oh. It seems we have some misunderstanding. Honestly, I figured you'd all just go with it since it's not the finals but here we go...

Leto's pre-cog thing. Dizzle never used the "block other pre-cog" argument, so it never came up until you got him. Operating within different universes, with different sets of rules (the Dune universe and Marvel/DC/etc.) I think it would be unfair to just blanket anyone else with "I can block your pre-cog" without having any sort of precedent for it to prove it true or false. That was my justification for it. The stipulations for it that you quoted should allow you to argue just fine though.

....now....the battlefield thing.

No, you don't all agree on a battlefield. You can choose any you wish (possibly even more than one). Votes are still primarily expected to be about amalgam strength and debating, but they can also factor in how much each combatant uses a particular environment to his advantage.

Example: Say Khell picks Canada and Scoob picks the Playboy Mansion...maybe they each have an advantage in their respective location. But Scoob can also argue against Khell in Canada to defeat his "environment-advantage" arguments, while continuing to support his own arguments in any battlefield. Khell can do the same...and Laminator too. ...The votes, then, should take into account respective strength of everyone's arguments in all of the environments and conditions.

Think of it as getting ported to each battlefield and having to make a case for them all...except it'll only be the 3 or 4 locations that you guys pick instead of all of them. Most of the environments don't make much difference, but if they do you can take advantage of it...

Hope that helps. I realize it's still confusing but part of me wanted it that way. evil face

P.S. I hadn't even thought about Lam going back to his original guy. Not sure we decided what would happen there. If you guys can come to a consensus of switching back I'd be happy to change it, but I thought GODLIKE was here to stay....since technically it was kinda cheating, but we justified the switch because he doesn't have a shot at going for the title of the tourney.

Khellendros
Okay then. You f*ckers come get me in HKH's backyard after I pick up a pair of adamantium katanas with monomolecular, regenerating cutting edges (I'm assuming we only have access to melee weapons and not something insane like an adamantium A-bomb). evil face

Dizzle
I thought the trading in the bonus round was specifically made so that the winner there would have a chance here (since it really isn't the finals, as you said). Someone asked about Lam going back earlier, and I thought we already agreed that he isn't.

And if he does, is it really fair? I mean, Ben Dreadcrawler didn't win the bonus round, GODLIKE did. Could Dreadcrawler take out Mauler? Would KVD have remained silent if there had been no trade? Would the world have NEVER known the glory of Rainbow Bright? Exactly. GODLIKE just rules all of you.

K Von Doom
Khell... pick the anti-grav chamber... your teleportation gives you a massive advantage roll eyes (sarcastic)

Khellendros
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Khell... pick the anti-grav chamber... your teleportation gives you a massive advantage roll eyes (sarcastic)
laughing out loud

Tempting, but I think I'll take my two weapons experts and stick around in the friggin armory of adamantium weapons.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
P.S. I hadn't even thought about Lam going back to his original guy. Not sure we decided what would happen there. If you guys can come to a consensus of switching back I'd be happy to change it, but I thought GODLIKE was here to stay....since technically it was kinda cheating, but we justified the switch because he doesn't have a shot at going for the title of the tourney.

meh... looks like he actually gave up teleporting and agility for a little extra fighting skill.... i might have tried to vary my powers more if i got to switch... rather than decrease them

stick out tongue

Dizzle
Originally posted by Khellendros
Okay then. You f*ckers come get me in HKH's backyard after I pick up a pair of adamantium katanas with monomolecular, regenerating cutting edges (I'm assuming we only have access to melee weapons and not something insane like an adamantium A-bomb). evil face

Would an adamantium A-bomb do anything? The explosion happens, the adamantium is strong enough to contain it. Radiation probly wouldn't even leak out. It would just be a big thing to throw at people.

2 Katanas? Blah. GODLIKE picks up another sword similar to Vanth's (to offset your 2 blades) and charges right in. 2 indestructible swords meet 2 indestructible swords. Class 30 strength meets class 100. A normal lifespan of experience meets several millenia of experience. And so on, and so forth. evil face GODLIKE still rules you.

Next? smile

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Dizzle
Would KVD have remained silent if there had been no trade?

The trade was cool with me. My silence had nothing to do with the trade.

Khellendros
Would an adamantium A-bomb do anything? The explosion happens, the adamantium is strong enough to contain it. Radiation probly wouldn't even leak out. It would just be a big thing to throw at people.

2 Katanas? Blah. GODLIKE picks up another sword similar to Vanth's (to offset your 2 blades) and charges right in. 2 indestructible swords meet 2 indestructible swords. Class 30 strength meets class 100. A normal lifespan of experience meets several millenia of experience. And so on, and so forth. evil face GODLIKE still rules you.

Next? smile
Oh, hey, that sounds good. I'll just wipe his flesh off his skeleton with a blast of chi when he comes in for the attack, then.

DigiMark007
Yeah, only melee stuff in HKH's yard. But pretty much any melee weapon you could think of.

And I'm allowing myself to vote in this match. Hehe...even with Godlike's upgrade, I'm not completely sold on him. And while Benedict is almost certainly the best fighter in the match, facing other universes weapons experts (like Grievous or MN'er for example) combined with other powers, and his advantage might not be insurmountable...a lot will depend on the debates.

P.S. I thought Laminator was in charge of GODLIKE Dizzle....lol

Scoobless
Scarlet Fever (sticking with the name change cool ) would flat out OWN in the anti-grav chamber..... magnetic feet, spider sticky powers and Grievous's experience in space means i can run, jump and fight just like normal ... while these other guys spin upside down and throw up all over the place

Adamantium cage match means theres nowhere to run away when i start the insane lightsaber spinning attack

but as my opponents have started in the HKH's yard i'll join in there

As Lam is running at Khell, Khell's whacked on his Chi field giving Lam nowhere to go but backwards.... which is where i cut him off

focusing on khell Lam i approach quickly with four blades spinning at lightning speeds ... if he stands still he's caught between Fever and Nighter, if he advances Nighter's Chi field fries him, if he retreats my sabers will cut him to pieces

evil face

Laminator_X
Ok I'm back.

First: I encourage Dizzle to debate on my behalf. GODLIKE wouldn't have been possable without him, and frankly I'm really busy these couple weeks and would just as well not have other folks claims unanswered for 8-10 our stretches here an there. GO TEAM LITERATURE!

Second: I'm down with HKH's back yard, I like losts of space and weapons. I'd at home in the 0-gee space thanks to Dreadstar though. Really, there're no bad environments for me.

Third: Barring Digi catagorically barring it, I'm arguing for bypassing Scarlet's SS due to my prescience. If you need a precedent outside of Dune (where three different types of precogs and cairavoyants all failed to forsee or scry him) I say look to the Bonus Round. I stated it quite clearly in my openning post in and noone had any objections or even questionned/challenged it. Espionage and Shadow Warrior 2099 both got bushwacked and noone seemed to think it was unfair or complain.

Fourth: Nice sandwich scenario guys, damn shame it wont work. I'll wheel and go for Scarlet first and he'll find out how humiliating it is to try to block an energy absorbing weapon with a lightsaber. I'll sail right through his parry, slpit him in half from brain to bum, and whirl to block whatever Grailnighter was throwing at me.

Finally: In case anyone's forgotten here's GODLIKE's bio:

grey fox
Godlike is taking names and kickign ass.

Laminator_X
Since it's been so long since my original bout with jinzin, I'll repost a few scans here for those unfamilliar with my characters. Here's Vanth Dreadstar parrying multiple energy blasts simultaniously while returning fire with his radium laser. Something to thing to keep in mind here is that Vanth is actually the slowest and least skilled of my amalgam's components.

Laminator_X
To anyone thinking that Grailnighter will be sitting pretty behind his forcefield, here's what Vanth usually does to forcefields. The dude he's wailing on is the Pope/Emperor of half a galaxy and an extremely powerful sorcerer.

Laminator_X
One more before I head to work, here's the one time Vanth couldn't just batter through a shield in one blow. This guy's personal shield is being backed by the reactor of his nearby starship. Vanth eventually gets through by knocking him to the ground and wailing on him repeatedly.

I include this image particularly to show that despite having given up Nightcrawler, I'm still no slouch in the dodging and agility department. Prior to this scene, Vanth had been coldcocked by a cyborg he thought had his back, hung by his arms and been beaten and tourtured for hours, electrocuted, and shot in the shoulder. Yet, he's still capable of fighting like this. In GODLIKE's case, this enhancement is applied to a demigod-sandtrout symbiote, rather than a normal human. And in this particular case, there's no diminishing returns. A few times in the series, the Sword is able to powerup Vanth to levels beyond even GODLIKE's, so I'm not hitting any sort of power cap in with its capabilities.

Laminator_X
Also of note in that last pic is the width of that beam. It's a cone growing larger the farther it travels. Not an easy thing to dodge, nor something that could be parried with something as narrow as a lightsaber.

Even as it's spread out, it still has the power to vaporize whatever futuristic scifi materials stand in for reinforced concrete in the spaceport where they're fighting.

Here's another big bang from Vanths sword (I know I said one more pic, here's a freebie). In this scene he's blasting through the outer and inner hulls of a military spacecraft and still having enough oomph left over to scuttle its engine room. BANG!

Scoobless
Third: Barring Digi catagorically barring it, I'm arguing for bypassing Scarlet's SS

tough noogins.... SS works and you can't stop it

stick out tongue

Scoobless
i run into HKH's house, kick in his TV, knock over his fishtank and set fire to his cat... then i make a lot of noise and run away

when the enraged HKH comes outside to see who has been f**king up his house he sees only DOGLIKE and Nighter.... and he proceeds to pummel both of them

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Scoobless
tough noogins.... SS works and you can't stop it

stick out tongue

Actually, if you read farther down, what he said was:

In other words, It's up to the voters to decide. I say you'll be blocked. No-one seemed to think it unreasonable when it worked on Espionage and SW 2099. I'm betting they won't think it unreasonable to work now.

Furthurmore, weather it works or not is irrelevant given the scenario at hand. Warned by SS or no, when you try to block my enchanted uber-metal blade with your lightsaber my sword will absorb the energy from your saber and pass right through like it wasn't there; and I'm more than strong enough to bisect Scarlet in a single blow. Surprise, your dead!

By the way, "GODLIKE" backwards is "e-Kil-Dog" ...Scooby.

Scoobless
so the blade might disappear while in contact with your sword... as soon as it's through it pops back up and cut you head off... double KO... Khell wins.... damn you

the other three blades strike from different angles and you die either way

Creshosk
evil face
i run into HKH's house, kick in his TV, knock over his fishtank and set fire to his cat... then i make a lot of noise and run away You break your foot on the TV tire yourself out trying to push his fishtank over and get mauled half to death by his HKH Kitty. You think that HKH would have regular stuff? No man, it's gotta be durable enough for regular living with HKH. So as far above normal man that HKH is, that's hoe far above the rgular stuff, his stuff is.

I should know I had to build that stuff for him, including the cat. no expression

Creshosk
so the blade might disappear while in contact with your sword... as soon as it's through it pops back up and cut you head off... double KO... Khell wins.... damn you

the other three blades strike from different angles and you die either way This is true. . the blade is only solid to other energy feilds. it is after all a lightsaber. Being the photonic weapon it is and all. . .

laughing

Laminator_X

the other three blades strike from different angles and you die either way

Assuming there's any power left at all, the blade might reapear.

Assuming that GODLIKE couldn't avoid all four blades and hack you anyway is a big mistake. He is that good. I'll repost the Benedict feats late tonight.

Khellendros
Well while you two are busy swinging at each other with swords that won't parry, I'll just be lobbing javelins in your directions, along with adamantium throwing daggers, all of which will be teleporting huge chunks of land out from under you and disrupting any part of your bodies/armor they hit on a molecular level.

Laminator_X
Nice plan, except that I'll only need the blink of an eye to have carved Scarlet and then be headed back your way. evil face

Laminator_X
Am I really this good? can I really utterly dominate these two badasses?
HELL YES I CAN!

For those of you who weren't around for my first round bout with jinzin, here's the skinny on Benedict, Prince of Amber, from the "Amber" novels by roger zelazny; and why he's so much more of a combat fiend than anyone else on the field:

Here's en excerpt with Corwyn, the hero of the novels, giving a "Respect Benedict" lecture to his sidekick.

This is coming from a guy who himself fought halfway up a winding mountain against an entire army coming the other way. Corwyn kills nasty monsters without breaking a sweat. Corwyn defeats Amber's Rival, The Courts of Chaos's Warmaster in about two paragraph when the meet near the end of the saga. During centuries he spent living on earth, Corwyn served under Napoleon, Lee, and MacArthur, and compares Benedict favorably to all of them. Corwyn's spent thousands of years contending and warring for the above mentioned throne. He would just give up straight away if Benedict wanted it.

At one point Corwyn is framed for the murder of Benedict's retainers. Benedict manages to chase Corwyn down despite a days head start and Corwyn twisting worlds to hit him with a forest fire. When benedict finally corners him, after riding for days, he still completely dominates Corwyn, despide being missing his good arm at the time. He and his brother fence with broadswords (they're strong, fast, and tough anough to fence with broadswords) and he casually cuts down full trees as if they were bamboo when Corwyn tries to hide behind them. (Corwyn takes advantage of Benedict's rage to trick him and escape, but you know, he's the protagonist)

Ah yes the arm. Benedict lost the arm in a moment of hesitation when he learned that the leader of a band of Beastriding Hellmaids out of Chaos was his former lover. Freshly amputated, he still manages to kill her, and her army. Days later, he leads the Armies Of Amber in defence against an assault of Wyvvern riding beast-men. He fights mounted with the reins tied around the still-fresh stump of his arm and his sword in his off-hand. Noone could touch him. Noone.

When it comes to combat, wether personal or mass, he is truly godlike, beyond the level we're usually even considering around here. He makes Deathstroke look like an amateur.

The only times he's been defeated have been due to conflict around close personal ties. Not a problem in this setting

Laminator_X
Here's a special treat. This is a page from the aforementioned Guns of Avalon, wherin Benedict's brother Corwyn describes his feelings as he watches Benedict ride down on him. Remember, this is the hero of the tales who fought halfway up the mountain and all that. Corwyn's probably the third of fourth best fighter among this interdimensional pantheon of ageless demigods. The weak rogue-type brother in this family, named Random, can throw a sofa one handed and fight five badassed peak-human types at once. Benedict is the best there is.

Creshosk
How did Jinzin beat you?

jinzin
Originally posted by Creshosk
How did Jinzin beat you?

laughing out loud

with skills...

and a lil luck...

jinzin
actually laminator has an upgraded amalgam from when we fought.. his amalgam now is a beast compared to what he was when he tangled with me in the first round, he's made some considerable upgrades since then...

Laminator_X
How did Jinzin beat you?

I was never quite clear on that point myself. big grin The reason most often given by opposing voters was that he was "stronger and faster" when he was only slightly so. I think it was mostly a matter of noone knowing who my characters were, while TBK is a walking trifecta of mega-hyped characters. Too many voters under-weighted (in my own totally unbiased opinion wink ) my assets in favor of jinzin's more familliar characters. Dizzle's similar death-by-obscurity and subsequent frustration led to the formation of GODLIKE (and of course, the Uber-Charismatic Rainbow Brite). Thanks to Dizz and I trading draft picks, an option everyone in the bonus round had but only we exercised, my amalgam is both "stronger and faster" than anyone else in the tourney, and an even more effective fighter than Ben Dreadcrawler was. Yaaaaahh!

Give'em hell Jin, if I loose to anybody, I want it to be to the champ!

Khellendros
Nice plan, except that I'll only need the blink of an eye to have carved Scarlet and then be headed back your way. evil face
Well, considering my reaction time and the fact that I won't be even remotely within arms reach I'll have plenty of time to plot the easiest way to take you down. Probably a wide arc blast of chi to strip your bones clean.

Laminator_X
Ha! I can absorb your blasts and/or counter them with my own until the cows come home. Thank's to my prescience and even greater speed I'll be able to tag you coming out of a 'port just like I did to Deacon in the last bout.

Khellendros
Ha! I can absorb your blasts and/or counter them with my own until the cows come home. Thank's to my prescience and even greater speed I'll be able to tag you coming out of a 'port just like I did to Deacon in the last bout.
GReater speed my ass. You have a scan of your guy blocking a couple shots with his sword, I have scans of my guy moving his whole body out of the way of shots at point blank.

Also, I've been looking around, and none of the sites I'm seeing (incuding yours) say anything about that sword actually absorbing energy. You're gonna have to somehow prove that little tidbit before we can continue in that vein.

grey fox
Godlike seems to be one of those characters which make even omega level heroes shit their undies.

Laminator_X
GReater speed my ass. You have a scan of your guy blocking a couple shots with his sword, I have scans of my guy moving his whole body out of the way of shots at point blank.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd have seen Vanth evade point-plank shots four times in the second scan I posted on page two. What should really be telling is that Dreadstar is my slowest guy, while Midnighter is your fastest. evil face

Khell, you wound me. This isn't Zachrivard you're facing. I have the entire Starlin run of Dreadstar comics from Epic and First, the stand-alone graphic novels from Epic and Eclipse, about half the Peter David First issues, and Peter David miniseries from Bravura from the 90's. I won't have time for more scanning until tomorrow evening but rest assured, you'll get all the proof you need.

Scoobless
Khell, you wound me.

he wounds you... i'll just decapitate you

evil face

stormfront13
i vote for khell

Laminator_X

evil face

Never happen.

Seriously, tomorrow night I'm dropping the Dreadstar Scan Bomb.

Just wait and see.

Creshosk
Never happen.

Seriously, tomorrow night I'm dropping the Dreadstar Scan Bomb.

Just wait and see. Upload them to a picture hosting site like imageshack.us and post them in one post as links.

Dizzle

evil face

Good luck. Especially after he parries and absorbs your lightsaber. His sword gets more powerful the more energy it absorbs.

Leto crawls 50 meters with 'a few swimming motions". He runs so fast that his feet, covered in bulletproof skin, begin to burn. He jumps stright up for 15 meters. Even better scenarion: GODLIKE goes Hulk style and jumps on Cyborg. Precog nullified, SC is cut in half by a chop from the lower atmosphere. (hey, Hulk jumps that high when calm... which is right around class 100)

Moving on to Grailnighter...

Have you proven that your chi field disintegrates anything really spectacular? Once again, the sword absorbs energy. Your field shouldn't be much different, every time he hits it, you get a little bit slower and weaker. You go for wide angle blasts, he counters with blasts of the same size. You port behind him, he has precog. Up close, he's many times stronger, faster, and more skilled. Lady Jessica, Leto's grandma, reversed a hold and pinned a guy before he could react. The people there thought she did it by magic, because they COULD NOT SEE how she was pinned one instant, and on top of the guy in the next. This is Bene Gesserit martial arts, and Jessica is nowhere near as good as Leto.

Hulk runs at above 300 mph. GODLIKE is nearly as strong, but not even close to as heavy, as a calm Hulk. Blur and a half, even to someone like MNer.

grey fox
Good luck. Especially after he parries and absorbs your lightsaber. His sword gets more powerful the more energy it absorbs.

Leto crawls 50 meters with 'a few swimming motions". He runs so fast that his feet, covered in bulletproof skin, begin to burn. He jumps stright up for 15 meters. Even better scenarion: GODLIKE goes Hulk style and jumps on Cyborg. Precog nullified, SC is cut in half by a chop from the lower atmosphere. (hey, Hulk jumps that high when calm... which is right around class 100)

Have you proven that your chi field disintegrates anything really spectacular? Once again, the sword absorbs energy. Your field shouldn't be much different, every time he hits it, you get a little bit slower and weaker. You go for wide angle blasts, he counters with blasts of the same size. You port behind him, he has precog. Up close, he's many times stronger, faster, and more skilled. Lady Jessica, Leto's grandma, reversed a hold and pinned a guy before he could react. The people there thought she did it by magic, because they COULD NOT SEE how she was pinned one instant, and on top of the guy in the next. This is Bene Gesserit martial arts, and Jessica is nowhere near as good as Leto.

Hulk runs at above 300 mph. GODLIKE is nearly as strong, but not even close to as heavy, as a calm Hulk. Blur and a half, even to someone like MNer.

And then godlike turns all of your characters to a thick red paste.

Creshosk
Hulk runs at above 300 mph. GODLIKE is nearly as strong, but not even close to as heavy, as a calm Hulk.

Nearly as strong as Hulk?!

How is "just under a ton" equal to 100 times 1 ton?

What the f**k?

Laminator_X
The sword boosts Vanth's "athletic human" strength to that level. Benedict already has superhuman strength. In Leto II's sandtrout symbiote he's even stronger, though not by as much as 10-year-old Leto was boosted. Diminishing returns and all.

Taking: (log(Ben's Strength)/log(10yr-old-Leto's Strength))*Sandtrout Leto's strength*10(for Vanth's sword) gets you 90+ tonns. Abomination level, minimum.

Creshosk
The sword boosts Vanth's "athletic human" strength to that level. Benedict already has superhuman strength. In Leto II's sandtrout symbiote he's even stronger, though not by as much as 10-year-old Leto was boosted. Diminishing returns and all.

Taking: (log(Ben's Strength)/log(10yr-old-Leto's Strength))*Sandtrout Leto's strength*10(for Vanth's sword) gets you 90+ tonns. Abomination level, minimum. Yeah if you do the math that way. What the f**k?

What is the numeric value for each of the individual components?

And no more logarithmic BS, adding the strength together then the boost of the sword.

Laminator_X
I'm not sure what your suggesting. The assumption I made was that for any two individuals bonded to the sandtrout, the stronger one would have to be ten times stronger initially to be twice as strong after the bonding. That's how most systems in nature work, and that's what the logarithmic term describes.

Leto II was boosted from "peak 10-year-old" to 5tons, maybe a bit more. For this math, I assumed 5 tons. That's something like a 100x or 200x multiplier, depending on how strong he was before. Of course, the sandtrout aren't 100% efficient, so Benedict won't be boosted anywhere near that much. Benedict's initial strength is unclear, I took a conservative estimate of a little over 2 tons. Assuming that relationship is like most things in nature, for every ten times stronger Benedict is than lil' Leto without the symbiote, he should be twice as strong as Leto with the trout; or around 9 tons.

Vanth's sword is supernatural, and looses no efficiency with greater input, at least in this range. 9*10=90tons.

Creshosk
I'm not sure what your suggesting. The assumption I made was that for any two individuals bonded to the sandtrout, the stronger one would have to be ten times stronger initially to be twice as strong after the bonding. That's how most systems in nature work, and that's what the logarithmic term describes. So you're already placing an assumption that befopre the bonding to the sandtrout one of them is ten times stronger than the other?

So if he's not then that means the bonding would not occur, which means there wouln't be amaglamation in the first place.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Leto II was boosted from "peak 10-year-old" to 5tons, maybe a bit more. For this math, I assumed 5 tons. That's something like a 100x or 200x multiplier, depending on how strong he was before. Of course, the sandtrout aren't 100% efficient, so Benedict won't be boosted anywhere near that much. Benedict's initial strength is unclear, I took a conservative estimate of a little over 2 tons. Even though there isn't a mention of his strength in the bios provided you automatically give him a boost up to 2 tons?

Assuming that relationship is like most things in nature, And what if its not?

And where in nature does such a thing occur?

for every ten times stronger Benedict is than lil' Leto Again assuming the strength without much to have shown for it as of yet.

without the symbiote, he should be twice as strong as Leto with the trout; or around 9 tons.Still working under your unproven assumptions in the first place. And then asserting them as fact.

Vanth's sword is supernatural, and looses no efficiency with greater input, at least in this range. 9*10=90tons.

The math that gave the under 1 ton weight doesn't agree with how you acheived that number either.

Using Marvel's "peak human" strength figure it'd be about 800 lbs lifting strength, or a bit more than twice their weight.

800 lbs * 10 is 8000 lbs or 4 tons. . .
800 lbs * 2.5 on the other hand would give you about 2000 lbs or 1 ton.

So even if your factoring is correct and the initial number is 9 tons the boost would put him at about 22.5 tons. . . not even a quarter of Hulks stregnth. What the f**k?

Someone was doing some number padding to boost their strength stat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dizzle
I'm not sure what your suggesting. The assumption I made was that for any two individuals bonded to the sandtrout, the stronger one would have to be ten times stronger initially to be twice as strong after the bonding. That's how most systems in nature work, and that's what the logarithmic term describes.

Leto II was boosted from "peak 10-year-old" to 5tons, maybe a bit more. For this math, I assumed 5 tons. That's something like a 100x or 200x multiplier, depending on how strong he was before. Of course, the sandtrout aren't 100% efficient, so Benedict won't be boosted anywhere near that much. Benedict's initial strength is unclear, I took a conservative estimate of a little over 2 tons. Assuming that relationship is like most things in nature, for every ten times stronger Benedict is than lil' Leto without the symbiote, he should be twice as strong as Leto with the trout; or around 9 tons.

Summarized: It's high time GODLIKE was jumping on some b!tches...

Taking Leto at 5 tons is VERY conservative. Considering a vertical leap of 15 meters, from sand, would be a stretch for Spiderman. The fact that Leto runs about as fast as 15 or so tons of lifting strength should allow for, but has no other feats to back up his arm strength, makes me tone his actual bench down a little from Spiderman's 15 mark... I maintained 10 against Sentry, and will now. From THAT estimate, GODLIKE should be pressing double what Lam has him at: 180 tons. Even 90 tons would allow for massive jumping power, 180 makes Hulk style leaps pretty easy.

So Fever's done. If something with as little force as a blow dart can puncture his armor, a razor sharp, magic sword backed up by class 100 strength, falling from stories high should do it pretty easily. Enough to cut him in half, or pretty close to it.

Grailnighter can always "fall back" on his shield... Except that it's limited to titanium level strength, and Vanth's sword absorbs energy anyway. So either GODLIKE plays hit and run on the shield to build up a massive charge, while draining Grailnighter, I might add, or he starts chucking swords. If a tornado can put grass through a lightpole, GODLIKE can put razor sharp adamantium through a layer or three of titanium. Either way, Nighter's gon' die.

Creshosk
Summarized: It's high time GODLIKE was jumping on some b!tches...

Taking Leto at 5 tons is VERY conservative. Considering a vertical leap of 15 meters, from sand, would be a stretch for Spiderman. The fact that Leto runs about as fast as 15 or so tons of lifting strength should allow for, but has no other feats to back up his arm strength, makes me tone his actual bench down a little from Spiderman's 15 mark... I maintained 10 against Sentry, and will now. From THAT estimate, GODLIKE should be pressing double what Lam has him at: 180 tons. Even 90 tons would allow for massive jumping power, 180 makes Hulk style leaps pretty easy. Oh brother. . Strength does not automatically equal speed. And vice versa.

Speedsters are not automatically super strong, and bricks are not automatically super fast.

Dizzle
Jumped... 15... meters. That's around 50 feet. From sand. Spiderman is supposed to jump about 35. The fact that Leto runs faster than his other strength feats should allow for led me to believe that he should be around 10, as opposed to the direct comparison between the two jumps. (which would put him around 20) He DID also smash through a big stone water container, and snapped a guy's neck with one hand. Oh, and he decapitated another Fremen with a punch. So he does have a good amount of strength, but no feats with an actual number to pin on. I estimate 10 tons, because of his leaping power. And mind you, this is STILL just Leto, not Benedict with Leto's sandtrout, and he definitely didn't have Dreadstar's sword.

And anyone with an exorbitant amount of strength will be able to run very fast, superspeed enhancing powers or not. Once again, Hulk runs at over 300mph when calm. GODLIKE should at least be equal to or above that, since he is much lighter than a calm Hulk.

Creshosk
So Toad would be what class?

And quicksilver?

Dizzle
See, but their powers are specialized to be only for speed, and not strength. Leto runs fast on enhanced strength alone.

Khellendros

Have you proven that your chi field disintegrates anything really spectacular?
Just flesh and hair. Vampire flesh, alien flesh, Werewolf flesh. It burns organic matter, so wood and leather get damaged too.

Once again, the sword absorbs energy. Your field shouldn't be much different, every time he hits it, you get a little bit slower and weaker.
You're underestimating two things: the level of energy I contian and the need for that chi to sustain me. The symbiote and Midnighter's enhanced body is where my strangth and speed come from, not the chi.

You go for wide angle blasts, he counters with blasts of the same size.
That blast in the scan wasn't actually that big. It flared out a bit upon initially leaving the sword, but it narrowed back down again. I, on the other hand, can unleash a 360 degree wave of chi, any bit of which that touches will burn and keep burning.

You port behind him, he has precog.
For this tourney, precog is not foolproof. At most, it lets you doge 7 out of 10. My enhancements, on the other hand, are under no such restrictions. each time I teleport, I can rematerialize with a portal Charged to redirect anything thrown at me.

Up close, he's many times stronger, faster, and more skilled.
Stronge is mildly debateable. Faster is ridiculous. I have the combined speed and reaction times of three bona fide energy dodgers. He has an edge in experience, but not skill. And, anyways, anything he can do, I will have already plotted out several ways to counterattack and executed the most efficient at speeds the human eye can't follow.

Lady Jessica, Leto's grandma, reversed a hold and pinned a guy before he could react. The people there thought she did it by magic, because they COULD NOT SEE how she was pinned one instant, and on top of the guy in the next.
Wooow. That's like asking me to be impressed that Wolverine took down a group of Hand ninjas. Jobbers are jobbers. Comics or books it makes very little difference.

Please. Quicksilver would run CIRCLES around the Hulk, and he's nowhere near as strong. Physical power DOES NOT equal speed. You both need to accept that. Also: show me where it says that Hulk runs 300+ mph. Not so much that I don't believe you, but there was a debate on another board about how fast he could run and no one could think of a time when it was stated in comics.

Dizzle
You're underestimating two things: the level of energy I contian and the need for that chi to sustain me. The symbiote and Midnighter's enhanced body is where my strangth and speed come from, not the chi.

Ok, you won't get slower or weaker. Doesn't change the fact that the sword's charge will be HUGE by the time he goes by a couple times. The main point wasn't really to weaken you, it was to build up a blast big enough to punch through your shields and incinerate you. The radium laser works simlarly to the chi's burning effects, btw. And since the shield only works on organic stuff, does the burning affect as well?

Wasn't that big? It punched through multiple layers of starship armor. And it DID flare out, showing that Dreadstra's blasts are not solely straight line deals.

Ok, GODLIKE dodges 7/10 projectiles. That says nothing about the fact that he can predict where you will teleport, so as to slice various limbs off when you appear.

Mildly debatable? GODLIKE is a minimum of class 90. Saying you are class 30 would be a stretch, since MNer isn't exactly stated as 3 tons. GODLIKE could be anywhere from 180 tons up.

Running speed? Dealt with below. Reactions and agility? Vanth also dodges multiple energy blasts from pretty much point blank. After being tortured. In the other thread, Lam had pictures of Benedict (or was it Corwyn?) fighting a guy who psionically controlled a bunch of tentacles. Much akin to Venom's symbiote strands. In the picture, I'm pretty sure he was midway through a backflip, twisting around 5 or 6 of them. (I'll check in a minute) Leto has had Bene Gesserit training, the speed and agility of which is demonstrated by Jessica, who Leto is MUCH better than, both physically and skill-wise. GODLIKE also comes with pre-cog. If one can only dodge 7/10 with precog, how do you think one would fare without it? Say someone like... you. smile

Remember those Fremen guys me and Lam talked about? the ones that beat the crap out of ellite shock troopers, the most feared warriors in the galaxy? Yeah, Jessica did that to one of them. It's more akin to Aunt may beating a Shaolin Monk. Because Jessica had no enhanced speed or strength, yet moved faster than the eye could detect. (gap between Spiderman:Aunt May::Leto:Jessica, a Fremen could beat the crap out of a Shaolin Monk) That's both amazing skill and huge amounts of training, both of which Leto has in spades above her.

Quicksilver's speed doesn't come from muscles though. Its from magic mutant powers. Leto, however, runs by sandtrout enhanced muscles only. So y7es, in this case, his speed DOES INDEED=power. Speedster types are different, because they draw power that specifically gives them speed.

Quicksilver's powers give him speed. Hulk's give him strength. GODLIKE's give him both. Leto's new skin allowed him to run at right around the tourney max. Benedict with the sandtrout skin would be faster, and is then amped by 10 times by the sword. Mathematically, that's above 1,000 mph, for just Leto with the sword. (around 100 mph, x10 for the sword)

And THAT... Is an essay. Or 5. Please read it, it's got some good stuff in there.

Laminator_X
OK, the strength thing. We actually went over all of this in detail in the General Discussion thread, and no one disagreed with my conclusions.

I took 1 ton for Vanth because that's what Digi said. I don't think unaugmented Vanth could lift 800lbs. He's athletic and muscular, but he's not a huge guy. I'd imagine he could lift 350-450lbs if not for the sword. This would put him between 1.5 and 2.25 tons. I didn't see fit to argue this point as I've been using Benedict's body so it was never significant, and still isnt. Again and again, the comics say that he's ten times stronger.

I assumed a little over 2 tons for Benedict based on two of his weaker brothers picking up a Mercedes that had run off the road and putting it back on the road much like mere mortals would move a picnic table. Also, the weakest of the princes of Amber once picked up a sofa with one hand and threw it clear across the room in the middle of a fight.

Fot Lil' Leto, I took a guess for a eugenicly bred "peak ten year old" of being able to lift 1.5 times his body weight, and guessed his weight as a bit lower than the US national average since Fremen are lean and we have an obesity epidemic.

For augmented Leto, I took 5 tons since that's what Digi said. As Dizzle reported, that's probably a conservative estimate.

As far as relative logarithmic increases, this isn't the place for a natural sciences lecture. Google the Richter Scale, decibels SPL vs phones, exposure values vs foot-candles, or anything involving materiels strength. Suffice it to say, lacking any other metric I guessed (and I think it's a good guess) that this relationship would crop up here.

Saying that I don't have an edge in skill is absurd.

Finally, in Leto II's case strength does=speed. I'll post relative sitations from the text to prove this point tomorrow night. Right now I'm going to go stop ignoring my wife. smile

Creshosk
Why the hell would it be a loga rithmic increase? Is there some special method that they were amaglamated?

Oh and if you insist on maintaining the ten times thing then the base strength would have to be less than 450

2 000 / 450 = 4.44444444

Actually it'd have to be 200 max lift before the sword. Which is absurd because I'm athletic and can lift more than that.

So the sword might have been limited for the tournament.

Creshosk
Quicksilver's speed doesn't come from muscles though. Its from magic mutant powers. It's not magic, his body has mutated to be better adapted to running. So yeah, actually it IS his muscles.

So what would that make him? he can run faster than the Hulk. . so I'd guess Quicksilver is at least 100 tons?

Right. . . How about spiderman? He lifts 15 tons, how fast should he be able to run according to your calculations?

Dizzle
It's not magic, his body has mutated to be better adapted to running. So yeah, actually it IS his muscles.

So what would that make him? he can run faster than the Hulk. . so I'd guess Quicksilver is at least 100 tons?

Right. . . How about spiderman? He lifts 15 tons, how fast should he be able to run according to your calculations?

Body adapted to RUNNING. Not anything else. Quicksilver is a special case. Normally, if something can move that fast, it is going to be hella strong.

Spiderman runs right around 125 mph... For tourney purposes, at least. He also has had a cumulative increase on his muscles. He is NOT specifically adapted to running (ala Quicksilver) but still runs really really fast because of the strength in his legs.

GODLIKE's enhancements are more akin to Spiderman's than Quicksilver's, in that they didn't specifically target any area. It was a pretty much propoprtional increase across his entire body.

And furthermore, why is this really an issue? Does jumping power equate to running speed? No. It definitely requires strength. The reason I put Leto's strength lower than 20 tons (based on the leap) was because of how fast he can run. I was implying that his legs were stronger than his arms before the skin was applied, and so would be that much stronger post-transformation. If I go solely by leaping power and disregard speed, 10 year old Leto would definitely be a little stronger than Spidey, as Spidey does NOT have a vertical leap of 50 feet, especially when starting on sand.

Creshosk
Body adapted to RUNNING. Not anything else. Quicksilver is a special case. Normally, if something can move that fast, it is going to be hella strong. Yeah because those humming birds and bees are deadly strong. . .

Funny how in the real world the fastest creatures are not the strongest. . . Cheetahs versus Lions for example. . .

Which cat is stronger? Which cat is faster?

Dogs if you prefer we got wolves and greyhounds. . .

Spiderman runs right around 125 mph... For tourney purposes, at least. He also has had a cumulative increase on his muscles. He is NOT specifically adapted to running (ala Quicksilver) but still runs really really fast because of the strength in his legs. I've never seen him run that fast. . .

GODLIKE's enhancements are more akin to Spiderman's than Quicksilver's, in that they didn't specifically target any area. It was a pretty much propoprtional increase across his entire body.

And furthermore, why is this really an issue? Does jumping power equate to running speed? No. It definitely requires strength. The reason I put Leto's strength lower than 20 tons (based on the leap) was because of how fast he can run. I was implying that his legs were stronger than his arms before the skin was applied, and so would be that much stronger post-transformation. If I go solely by leaping power and disregard speed, 10 year old Leto would definitely be a little stronger than Spidey, as Spidey does NOT have a vertical leap of 50 feet, especially when starting on sand. So Toad is what? 10 tons? 15 tons?

Laminator_X
Cresh, relize that I picked a log curve as my model because it would generate a moderately low strength at the output and not lead to numbers that were just silly. My main inspiration was power amplifiers of various sorts. All else being equal, you need 1000W of light to be twice as bright as 100W. Assuming otherwise similar characteristics, you need a 600W guitar amp to be twice as loud as a 60W amplifier. I thought to describe the symbiosis like a strength amplifier. I thought that this was as good a model as any to come up with a number for Benedict with the sandtrout.

The flaw in your reasoning, Cresh, is that you're saying that since digi ballparked Vanth as "tonnish" that the sword must multiply his strength less than to times. He's only described as tonnish because Digi lowballed him a bit in the absence of a clear figure. I didn't make a big deal because I wasn't using Vanths body, so it wasn't germane; the 10x boost was the important part. Don't take the fact that Digi didn't bother to reality check his straw number as an inconsistancy in the 10x figure. Starlin never quotes ton figures for Vanth in the stories, but at various points in his career, the author (either directly or through other characters) described him as having 10, 40, or 100 times his normal strength. This version is his early stage, "only" 10x.

Again, about the speed/strength thing. Toad and Quicksilver's strength levels are irrelevant. They are different characters with different powers that work in very different ways. As depicted in Children of Dune, Leto's speed is very clearly a function of his great strength. Or to look at it another way, the sandtrout amplifies his movements in both speed and power, together. Not to be flip, but have you read it? I'll post some relevant passages tomorrow night for anyone who doubts what I'm saying here to judge for themselves.

Dizzle
Yeah because those humming birds and bees are deadly strong. . .

Funny how in the real world the fastest creatures are not the strongest. . . Cheetahs versus Lions for example. . .

Which cat is stronger? Which cat is faster?

Dogs if you prefer we got wolves and greyhounds. . .

I've never seen him run that fast. . .

So Toad is what? 10 tons? 15 tons?

All of your examples of strength are flawed, because if hummingbirds and bees were human sized, their strength would dwarf the crap out of ours. Lions are biggger than cheetahs, cheetahs are literally built to be fast. Toad is specifically built to jump around. All of your examples are specialized in one area, where Leto is simply a human before his transformation. He was not specifically a runner, or a jumper, and since his skin increased the strength of his entire body proportionally, showing that his improved legs are hundreds of times better than his human legs is VERY good grounds to justify that ALL of his improved muscles are that many times better than their human versions.

Laminator_X
One last post before I turn in, concerning the comparison between Grailnighter's tactical computer and GODLIKE's abilities.

Midnighter has some very good sensors that supply data to his on-board computer with a highly accurate data model with which to wargame in the blink of an eye whatever fight he happens to be in. It suggests to him the most likely scenarios, and he furthur judges them himself based on his extensive military, black-ops, and martial arts training and experience (and in this case Grail and Blink's experiences as well). This is how he can often stay one or more steps ahead of his foes. He is very cool.

GODLIKE has two things that are far beyond Grailnighter's similar abilities. First, Leto II's prescience is far more than simple Spider-Sense of even precognition. He doesn't try to guess or calculate possable futures based on some measurements, he can see/feel them from the universe itself. There are no flaws in his model whatsoever. He simply knows the current location and state of his foes and the realative likelyhood of different options and outcomes. It's like MN's simulations heightenned to a state of perfection.

Any judgements or inferences he might make about how things will actually turn out (as opposed to mere likelyhood of occurrences) are not informed by one two or three lifetimes of (admittedly considerable, props to Khell's guys where they're due) badassedness. Rather, GODLIKE can draw both from Benedict's several millenia of constant training and to-the-death combat and war, as well as Leto II's total ancestral memories that stretch from the far future back to the dawn of human civilization. His recent ancestors include dozens of generations of uber-badassed Fremen deasert warriors, Bene-Gesserit martial arts mystics; and nobles maneuvering, duelling, and warring for dominace of the galaxy. More to the point, he's the sum of all the survivors, the fittest throughout history.

To sum up, GODLIKE is better at what Mid/Grailnighter is good at than they are.

Thank you and goodnight. Tomorrow night, you get primary source material. smile

Creshosk
I'm telling you, ditch the logarithmic BS.

(log(Ben's Strength)/log(10yr-old-Leto's Strength))*Sandtrout Leto's strength*10

Guessing a peak ten year old can lift about 110 lbs.

110lbs in tons is .055

log(2)/log(0.055))*5*10= -11.9490743

You can lift -12 tons? What the f**k?

I'm telling you, ditch the logarithmic BS.

grey fox
Godliek seems to be a little too powerfull.....

Creshosk
Originally posted by grey fox
Godliek seems to be a little too powerfull..... So strong his strength goes into the negatives?

grey fox
Well no , it just seems like he's ending up on skyfather level .

Creshosk
Well no , it just seems like he's ending up on skyfather level . a GODLIKE skyfather. . that can lift -12 tons?

grey fox
No , just the way they keep on describing him

Godlike can block anything kill anything blah blah hundreds of years of combat blah blah nullify all precog blah blah.

Laminator_X
(Sigh) Cresh, I'd rather not take the time to give math lessons here. Your getting negative numbers because your taking the log of .055 tons. Put all the units in pounds so you're only log'ing numbers greater than 1, and you get:
l
og(4500)=3.65, log(100)=2 3.65/2=1.8

Thus even though Benedict is many times stronger than Lil Leto, he should be only be around 1.8 times stronger in the sandtrout than Leto II was.

Are there assumptions there? Sure, but I think they're reasonable ones. It's not like I can have GODLIKE weigh in at the gym or something. We've got to start somewhere and this seemed to me to be a reasonable extrapolation based on how power amplificarions generally work.

Again, it's the best guess I could come up with on limited data.
If you don't agree, make your own guess and vote based on that, but I'm getting sick of the insinuation that I'm trying to con people with fuzzy math. I put all this up for review in the Tourney General Discussion thread well before the Bonus Round started so people could disagree, criticise, suggest alternatives, etc. Nobody else had a problem with it and he entered the tourney as I described.

Laminator_X
Well no , it just seems like he's ending up on skyfather level .

Dizzle and I both saw that there all the limits on draft picks were based on power; speed, strength, durability, banned powers, etc. Apart from the "Spidey dodges 7/10" guideline, there were no limits on skill, knowledge, or expertise. We chose characters who were within the limits on raw might, but off the scale when it comes to battle skills.

We also both were among those who misunderstood about the power limits being for draft picks only rather than for amalgams as a whole. We ended up with characters who were very well tuned to hit those limits after power meshing. Once we knew that amalgams can power mesh beyond the individual limits, Dizzle suggested the trade.

If we seem a bit hyperbolic in our rhetoric now, it's because our guys skills didn't get the respect they deserved in the first round. GODLIKE is the wrath of under-appreciated characters incarnate.

grey fox
Ahh so you thought the rules would allow you to go above the limits when the amalgam is created , but not when the characters to create the amalgam are picked...understandable .

Creshosk
milligrams
(log(1814369480)/ log(49895160.7))*4535923700 * 10 = 5.45551503 * (10^10) milligrams or 60 tons
grams
(log(1814369) / log(49895)) * 4535923 * 10 = 60427 315.6 or 67 tons
ounces
(log(64000) / log(1760)) * 160000 * 10 = 2369390.83 or 74 tons
pounds
(log(4000) / log(110)) * 10000 * 10 = 176451.107 or 88 tons
tons
(log(2)/log(0.055))*5*10= -11.9490743 or -12 tons

Yeah no fuzzy math here. . .

Scoobless
um.... i shoot doglike in the face with my blaster = he dies

i walk up to nighter and poke him in the eyes with my sabers = he dies

i win

woo hoo

grey fox
woohoo indeed .....

Dizzle
um.... i shoot doglike in the face with my blaster = he dies

i walk up to nighter and poke him in the eyes with my sabers = he dies

i win

woo hoo

GODLIKE already jumped high into the air and cut you in half on the way down. And are you stealing Sentry's tactics now Scoob? I know name games are fun, but honestly.

And as to math...

If Benedict benches 2 tons, and pre-skin Leto benches 110, he's about 36 times stronger. If Leto benches 5 tons (10,000 lbs) with the skin, he's enhanced 91 times over. If the skin is only a quarter as effective on Benedict as it is on Leto, he's still boosted to 45 ton strength. Add in the sword, and he's at 450 tons. I'd say Lam's conclusions are VERY conservative, seeing that Venom is still 5 tons stronger than Spiderman with the symbiote uniform, due to Eddie's very slight strength and size advantage over Peter.

Even with a bit less strength, just Leto with the sword would be somewhere between 50 and 100 tons. Which still blows both Scoob and Khell out of the water. And GODLIKE still reigns over skill and speed pretty easily.

Scoobless
but i shot your face off with my blaster..... you're dead..... how do you not get that?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dizzle
Block, absorb with sword, shoot it back at you in the form of a radium laser. Oh, I'm sorry, your head's off.

Scoobless
nope... see i shot you..... in the face..... not in the sword... the face... you're dead!

stick out tongue

Dizzle
I turned back time, and shot you in the face before you could shoot me in the face.

Creshosk
GODLIKE already jumped high into the air and cut you in half on the way down. And are you stealing Sentry's tactics now Scoob? I know name games are fun, but honestly.

And as to math...

If Benedict benches 2 tons, and pre-skin Leto benches 110, he's about 36 times stronger. If Leto benches 5 tons (10,000 lbs) with the skin, he's enhanced 91 times over. If the skin is only a quarter as effective on Benedict as it is on Leto, he's still boosted to 45 ton strength. Add in the sword, and he's at 450 tons. I'd say Lam's conclusions are VERY conservative, seeing that Venom is still 5 tons stronger than Spiderman with the symbiote uniform, due to Eddie's very slight strength and size advantage over Peter.

Even with a bit less strength, just Leto with the sword would be somewhere between 50 and 100 tons. Which still blows both Scoob and Khell out of the water. And GODLIKE still reigns over skill and speed pretty easily. See that's what I'm talkigng about, no logarithmic bs.

Scoobless
your shots can't get through my armour... now you're faceless and i've poked out Khell's eyes with my lightsabers

big grin

Dizzle
See that's what I'm talkigng about, no logarithmic bs.

Ok, 450 tons it is. Unless someone wants to prove that the sandtrout skin would be less than a quarter as effective on Benedict as it was on Leto. (if it worked at full, Leto-ish efficiency... we're into the thousands of tons)

And on to Scoob... GODLIKE is so strong that he stares really really hard at the plasma blast, sending it back 365 times faster and 365 times more powerful, making it blow off your head. Twice. 365 is for the number of days in a year that GODLIKE kicks your ass. And no, GODLIKE destroyed leap years a long time ago.

Laminator_X
milligrams
(log(1814369480)/ log(49895160.7))*4535923700 * 10 = 5.45551503 * (10^10) milligrams or 60 tons
grams
(log(1814369) / log(49895)) * 4535923 * 10 = 60427 315.6 or 67 tons
ounces
(log(64000) / log(1760)) * 160000 * 10 = 2369390.83 or 74 tons
pounds
(log(4000) / log(110)) * 10000 * 10 = 176451.107 or 88 tons
tons
(log(2)/log(0.055))*5*10= -11.9490743 or -12 tons

Yeah no fuzzy math here. . .

Well now you have a point there. This is something I hadn't considered. I just tried it with pounds and came up with numbers that seemed to be in a reasonable range. Perhaps I'll eat a little crow and crack a book, clearly I'm rustier than I thought. I'm still certain that a logarithmic relationship would be involved, but clearly I set up my equasion improperly.

Just the same, I'll be happy to accept 450tons as a working estimate for GODLIKE's strengh. big grin

Laminator_X
your shots can't get through my armour... now you're faceless and i've poked out Khell's eyes with my lightsabers

big grin

Clearly you've been studying smack-fu under JP. eek!

Your Khull armor would partially protect you from my energy blasts. However, two of your arms and those lightabers you're holding would be destroyed by a wide beam attack.

Laminator_X

And on to Scoob... GODLIKE is so strong that he stares really really hard at the plasma blast, sending it back 365 times faster and 365 times more powerful, making it blow off your head. Twice. 365 is for the number of days in a year that GODLIKE kicks your ass. And no, GODLIKE destroyed leap years a long time ago.

That's funny, but be careful. So much about GODLIKE is over-the-top but totally justified that we don't want anyone mistaking the actual claims from hyperbolic humor.

Family_guy725
aigh i havent read all of this but it seems to me Godlike is Godmodding i mean he has made his guy almost invincible from what i can tell

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Family_guy725
aigh i havent read all of this but it seems to me Godlike is Godmodding i mean he has made his guy almost invincible from what i can tell

Well, that's why they call him "GODLIKE."

Time for dinner now, then the scans will begin.

Creshosk
Well now you have a point there. This is something I hadn't considered. I just tried it with pounds and came up with numbers that seemed to be in a reasonable range. Perhaps I'll eat a little crow and crack a book, clearly I'm rustier than I thought. I'm still certain that a logarithmic relationship would be involved, but clearly I set up my equasion improperly.

Just the same, I'll be happy to accept 450tons as a working estimate for GODLIKE's strengh. big grin See, I don't care what your strength is, just so long as the conclusion makes sense with how you arrived at it.

Creshosk
Well, that's why they call him "GODLIKE."

Time for dinner now, then the scans will begin. Personally I thought there was a refference to Unreal tournament in there. . .If I could figureout how I'd link up with a particular sound wave. . .

DigiMark007
Since when is Godlike at Skyfather? Even if it is class 90 (which I doubt somewhat...in my mind I have him around 50) and power meshing is fine, he's still a long way off from anything resembling cosmic. 50 tons, relatively fast, spider-esque pre-cog, and some badass fighting skills. It's a good amalgam no doubt, but hardly as good as Lam would have us believe (sorry Lam....hehe).

I honestly think Khell might have a leg up here. MN'er can analyze the other guys and is a badass in his own right. And he can teleport around to gain some sort of advantage...or at least fight on grounds of his choosing and with a plan (and possibly the element of surprise).

Grievous is awesome, but Vanth's energy-absorbing sword and Khell's all-around fighting, and I think Scarlet Fever will have a rough go of it in this round.

Not voting yet...these are just some thoughts...

RAGE17
evil face .time for a little rage style scam.....

Dizzle
Since when is Godlike at Skyfather? Even if it is class 90 (which I doubt somewhat...in my mind I have him around 50) and power meshing is fine, he's still a long way off from anything resembling cosmic. 50 tons, relatively fast, spider-esque pre-cog, and some badass fighting skills. It's a good amalgam no doubt, but hardly as good as Lam would have us believe (sorry Lam....hehe).

I honestly think Khell might have a leg up here. MN'er can analyze the other guys and is a badass in his own right. And he can teleport around to gain some sort of advantage...or at least fight on grounds of his choosing and with a plan (and possibly the element of surprise).

Grievous is awesome, but Vanth's energy-absorbing sword and Khell's all-around fighting, and I think Scarlet Fever will have a rough go of it in this round.

Not voting yet...these are just some thoughts...

Leto has everything Midnighter has. Only he's better in all cases, to varying degrees. Sees probable outcomes? Yup. Knows weaknesses and powers? Yup. Battle tactics and combat training? Yep. Add in actual pre-cog, the handy dandy precog cancelling, clairvoyance, Fremen training, Bene Gesserit training, and the fact that in Dune, all of the average citizens would be at genius levels by today's standards, yet Leto is still one of the best and brightest. (Herbert incorporated evolution) Leto:MNer::Thanos: Doom. He's just a notch above him in all areas. (I realize the gap isn't really as big as the Thanos/ Doom one... But Thanos is basically everything Doom is, but on a cosmic scale)

Stuff like surprise is impossible with GODLIKE, due to his prescience/precog/clairvoyance. He knows where you are, and what you are probably going to do at all times.

Oh yeah, and I take some of that back. Leto's better in everything except for his costume. Cuz he walks around naked when he has the skin on. evil face

Really, teleportation and a forcefield are all Grailnighter has going for him here... Except that his forcefield can be bypassed by the energy absorbing properties of Dreadstar's sword. Teleporting will only delay the inevitable, he IS taking a point blank radium laser. Though one from range would work as well, seeing how it DID punch through several layers of titanium. Damn, the more I think about it, the more ways GODLIKE has to win.

DigiMark007
Khell's displacement-effect javelins (which effect pretty much everything, by the way) are still a trump card here. MN'er and Grail are both skilled enough to get them to hit Benedict...especially with the teleportation to aid in it. Leto's pre-cog can help, but he can't simply use the "I can see all" tactic and use it as an argument to avoid his own death.

And if Leto can see what GN'er brings to the table, the reverse is true. The MN'er portion of his amalgam will be prepared for Godlike, and even if he's outskilled a bit...there's other ways of accomodating for it.

The strength won't become a factor. And Godlike seems to be relying a little too much on Leto's pre-cog to bail him out against the varied powers of his opponents.

...maybe now we can get Dizzle to stop groveling at Godlike's feet ...though I doubt it...hehe smile

Laminator_X

Around 50? Leto by himself with the sword would be 50! stick out tongue If Benedict amped by the trout it even 50% stronger that your 5 ton estimate for Leto that's put GODLIKE at 75 tons, and that's a serious low-ball.

Of course he's not Skyfather level, except perhaps in terms of his skills and experiences. In terms of raw might he's probably somewhere just below Iron-Man. Not as durable as IM, but probably stonger and with far better reflexes.

Alright, here come the scans.

Dizzle
His javelins hurt, but it's proven that the radium laser is also powerful enough to get through his shields, meaning that a single blast can hurt/kill him as well. I thought the javelins were also defined as less than lethal. They hurt everything pretty much the same, but don't hurt as much as a direct blast from Cyclops or something of that nature. If GODLIKE gets close enough, the sword deals very well with energy shields, as shown in previous scans.

Precog is an advantage that he does not have, so I'm gonna milk it. If GODLIKE only dodges 7/10 with precog, is it not safe to assume that Grailnighter would only be able to dodge 4 or 5 without it? Precog is a huge advantage, and I try to portray it as such.

Another advantage is clairvoyance. GODLIKE will always know where Grailnighter is, he basically has a radar that is powered by the universe itself. This greatly diminishes the value of him teleporting, since, coupled with precog, clairvoyance will allow GODLIKE to blast at him just before he appears. I'm not saying it's foolproof, but it definitely is a big advantage. (hey, if it works for Wolverine against Nightcralwer...)

If Midnighter was only outskilled, he could compensate. However, GODLIKE has him outclassed in all categories, except for teleportation, which is all but nullified by clairvoyance and precog.

Note that many of my uses of precog and the like are for offense, as well as defense. I accept that GODLIKE can be hit, but I also point out that someone lacking precog would be hit more than someone with precog.

And give up on GODLIKE? Never. At least not when he has these kids beat. I may consider accepting that he will lose against HKH... But that guy plays in another league.

Oh, the new strength estimate is 450 tons... That's with the sandtrout giving Benedict a quarter of the boost that they did Leto, which is STILL only assuming that Leto can bench a max of 5 tons. 50 tons would be saying that the Sandtrout would boost Benedict to the exact same level that they boosted Leto... Which is between 5 and 10 tons. 50 is the lowest he could possibly be. It definitely doesn't make sense to me that the skin would put a 10 year old who probly benches less than 200 pounds and a god of battle who benches 20 times that into the same strength class.

God, the one I don't quote is the one that gets a post between it and the one I was responding to... (this is all a reaction to Digi's post on the bottom of the last page)

Laminator_X
Picture show! My scanner's still fritzed so I used a digicam for these. I adjusted the contrast and in a couple places fixed the panel layout where the action crossed a pagebreak, but otherwise this is as Mr. Starlin wrote and drew it.

Firstly, since Khellendros challenged the energy absorbion, here are three choice examples rather than just blocking blaster/laser fire like in the other one.

The first one has the text boxes just describing the effect:
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/5027/nrgtxtbxs3az.th.jpg

This next one shows Vanth in action, again describing the ability. Note that his whole body was sheathed in power, such that the floor around him was chattered. Unlike blocking with a lightsaber this can stop area attacks as long as he can interpose the blade somewhat.
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2818/redguy4eb.th.jpg

Finally, here's Vanth sucking up a serious big bang from the Sorecerer/Pope/Emperor he's trying to overthrow. Note that he's left standing unharmed in a blasted crater.
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/964/crater0od.th.jpg

Anybody doubt the energy absorbtion now?

Laminator_X
Next! Vanth just looovves to chop up elite military cyborgs! big grin

Here he is repelling a marine a boarding party. One bisected horizonally, one vertically.
http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/773/chopchop1es.th.jpg

Here he is shredding apart the King of half the galaxy's personal gaurd. Chop chop.
http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/7981/royal4xa.th.jpg

This one explodes!
http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/6458/explode4rc.th.jpg

Vanth is one cyborg killin machine, and once again, he's the least skilled component of GODLIKE.

Laminator_X
Khell seems to think he'll be able to tag GODLIKE by throwing lots of different attacks at him at once, and from different angles. Here's how Vanth handles such an attack.

The Lord Papal, here shown trying to simultateously blast Vanth and tag him from behind with a ring of fireballs, is the head of a galactic order of sorcerers where you advance by killing your boss. He cant tag Vanth.
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/575/balls5mo.th.jpg

More from the same battle. I'll let this one speak for itself:
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/7606/jump6as.jpg

All this without any sort of precog, or super-reflexes, or whatever.
Of course GODLIKE has those things. evil face

Laminator_X
...Leto's pre-cog can help, but he can't simply use the "I can see all" tactic and use it as an argument to avoid his own death.

And if Leto can see what GN'er brings to the table, the reverse is true. The MN'er portion of his amalgam will be prepared for Godlike, and even if he's outskilled a bit...there's other ways of accomodating for it.

The strength won't become a factor. And Godlike seems to be relying a little too much on Leto's pre-cog to bail him out against the varied powers of his opponents.

Well of course, it's not enough to know what could be coming. You have to be enough of a badass to do something about it too. Look at what Vanth was doing above there, that was without Leto II's advantages or Benedict's skills.

Also, GODLIKE's "combat genius" is better to 'Nighter's. Not only are my perceptions superior to his scanners (remember in the first Athority arc when Midnighter was surprised to find that that cop in the terrorist city-state had superpowers?), but my ability to evaluate them is based on better asessment of probabilities (his computer models are good, but not perfect; I see the actual timelines) and I have far more experience with which to judge the best response.

Again, it's not the pre-cog alone. It's having the precog, knowing what to do about it, and having the skills+balls to make it happen. On all those counts GODLIKE is better than Grailnighter.

Laminator_X
These pics demonstrate Vanth's abilities well, but they don't convey his hardcore badass nature. This sequence does.

Remember the Red Guy? The one who's blast I showed him absorbing and whose shots he dodged 4 timed back on page 2? Here's how that fight ends.

"My forcefield..." "Overloaded and gone!"
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/601/ffld8xw.th.jpg

Here's an awesome two page spread. Since Khell's so proud of Midnighter dodging blasts at point-blank range, note that Vanth does that twice here against a guy shooting eye-beams (he just has to look at him to aim!). Also he casually snapps a heavy metal chain with his wounded arm alone. "A sword is too clean a death for you"
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5580/chain14ou.th.jpg

No words on the last page. Just raw violence!
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8217/chain24tg.th.jpg

Laminator_X
It's late, I'm tired. Tomorrow you get the novel transcripts. G'night all.

Dizzle
No words on the last page. Just raw violence!
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8217/chain24tg.th.jpg

Damn, Dreadstar's an ass.

Laminator_X
Red Guy had it coming.

He was secretly the last survivor of the race that Dreadstar had helped destroy the Milky Way in order to stop. To get back at Vanth he falsified intelligence to arrange the saturation bombing of Vanths adopted home between his first and second arcs, killing Vanth's wife. He betrayed his own side in a war between two galactic superpowers in order to thwart Vanth's attempts diffuse the conflict, condemning billions to die in the Lord Papal's inquisition, just to get at Vanth. He had taken one of Dreadstar's allies and turned him into a cyborg puppet to betray and capture him. He had beaten him, tortured him, and left him for dead.

That's why the sword was "too clean a death."

Family_guy725
so can Godlike's sword only absorb things it touches or does it like suck any energy around into it?

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Family_guy725
so can Godlike's sword only absorb things it touches or does it like suck any energy around into it?

Yes and no. The sword absorbs ambient energy (sunlight, heat, etc) at a low level all the time, thus it's always maintaining a base-level charge. We've only ever seen high intensity energy effects absorbed through close proximity or direct contact.

Scoobless
here's how it breaks down.... Lightsabers are cool.... i have General Grievous... he has 4 lightsabers... therefore i'm at least 4 times cooler than either of these other turkeys..... therefore i win

woo hoo

*vote for Scoob, the Hypnopicard commands you*

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/329/hypnopicard9en.gif

*paid for by the voteforscoobsociety*

Laminator_X
Hmm, the Chewbacca Defense. Clever ploy Scoob.

Family_guy725
here's how it breaks down.... Lightsabers are cool.... i have General Grievous... he has 4 lightsabers... therefore i'm at least 4 times cooler than either of these other turkeys..... therefore i win

woo hoo

Yes masterrrrrrrrrrr

Laminator_X
VOTE GODLIKE!

For all the times your favorite characters got no respect,

TAKE A STAND NOW!

Family_guy725
VOTE GODLIKE!

For all the times your favorite characters got no respect,

TAKE A STAND NOW!
but your not giving one of my fav characters any respect

Dizzle
I respect Grievous plenty. We acknowledge his skills, as well as his limitations. He is skilled, but nowhere near the level of Benedict or Leto. He is usually physically superior to his opponents (jedi) but not here. GODLIKE outclasses him by a huge amount. Finally, Dreadstar's sword is the perfect anti-lightsaber, becasue of its energy absorbing properties.

Respect does not equal worship. GODLIKE's just a beast.

Laminator_X
My distinguished opponents are quite impressive, they're just outclassed in this match.

Scoobless

woo hoo

(the best ads are always repeated)

stick out tongue

Dizzle
Do we really have to bring in the time you posted a picture of a burning American flag?

(the best negative ads involve instances taken out of context evil face )

VOTE GODLIKE!!! Sure, Scoob's got lightsabers. Unfortunatley, since he met GODLIKE, he's been a head short. Literally. You wouldn't vote for someone without a head, would you?

Scoobless
VOTE GODLIKE!!! Sure, Scoob's got lightsabers and he far outclasses Godlike. Unfortunately there's not much godlike can do to win this.... Literally...... so we need some pity votes....pleeeeeaasse!

embarrasment

damn boys.... i know it looks bleak for you and you don't stand much of a chance..... but you might still scrape forth place... if Khell's character doesn't eat you that is

cool

Dizzle
embarrasment

damn boys.... i know it looks bleak for me and neither me nor khell stands much of a chance against GODLIKE's raw power..... but I feel good that I might still scrape fifth place... if Khell's character doesn't eat me that is. Damn I was lucky to beat JP...

cool

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Scoobless is consciously suffering from Loser Denial. GODLIKE is a true winner. And everyone likes winners a lot more than fat losers (coughSCARLETFEVERcough) VOTE GODLIKE!

Oh, and that's it, I'm FINDING that flag burning pic.

Laminator_X
Scoob, I knew Captain Picard. Captain Picard was a good friend of mine...

Seriously though, has anyone besides Stormfront actually voted? (I wasn't sure weather Twister was serious or not.)

Creshosk
This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Scoobless is consciously suffering from Loser Denial. GODLIKE is a true winner. And everyone likes winners a lot more than fat losers (coughSCARLETFEVERcough) VOTE GODLIKE!

Oh, and that's it, I'm FINDING that flag burning pic. Scarlet Ffever's not fat.

Dizzle
Scarlet Ffever's not fat.

GODLIKE commanded him to be fat, so he is fat. THat's just how powerful GODLIKE is.

(ok, fine, he threw a bunch of lard on Fever's headless corpse... whatever.)

Scoobless
GODLIKE concedes.... we admit now that he's terribly outmatched..... there's only one thing left to say:

I'm FINDING that flag burning pic and using it as the symbol for my new NAZI party..... down with America, down with Democracy.... and VIVA LE FRANCE!!!!

that's cold man....... really, really cold!

sad

Laminator_X
What the heck, since reppitition seems so effective...

Next! Vanth just looovves to chop up elite military cyborgs! big grin

Here he is repelling a marine a boarding party. One bisected horizonally, one vertically.
http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/773/chopchop1es.th.jpg

Here he is shredding apart the King of half the galaxy's personal gaurd. Chop chop.
http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/7981/royal4xa.th.jpg

This one explodes!
http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/6458/explode4rc.th.jpg

Vanth is one cyborg killin machine, and once again, he's the least skilled component of GODLIKE.

Dizzle
(sues Scoob for libel, KMC style)

Get to KMC Jail, evildoer.

At this portion of the campaign, I'd like to point out that Scoob actually DID cheat in the semi finals... and still lost... Loser Denial, blah blah blah. VOTE GODLIKE!

Scoobless
(sues Scoob for libel, KMC style)

Get to KMC Jail, evildoer.

At this portion of the campaign, I'd like to point out that Scoob actually DID cheat in the semi finals... and still lost... Loser Denial, blah blah blah. VOTE GODLIKE!

firstly... i never cheated..... stick out tongue

secondly, no matter how many times i went up against teams in this 1 on 1 tourney i never brought in any ringers..... how's it goin' Diz? roll eyes (sarcastic)

thirdly:

woo hoo

*supported by the Avengers, the Authority and the Justice League of America*

big grin

Dizzle

secondly, no matter how many times i went up against teams in this 1 on 1 tourney i never brought in any ringers..... how's it goin' Diz? roll eyes (sarcastic)

thirdly:

woo hoo

*supported by the Avengers, the Authority and the Justice League of America*

big grin

Ok, soliciting votes isn't technically cheating. But it's low as all hell. And Jinzin DID beat you at your own game.

1/3 of GODLIKE was contributed by me, the idea for the trade was initially mine. Lam's bringing 2 of the guys, and a whole bunch o' scans and math. The character is pretty much co-owned.

Nataku posted the Hypno-Picard pic first. His character's name? Hypno-Picard...

Vote GODLIKE, the guy who doesn't actually feel like debating against a massively superior amalgam is posting pictures of people who aren't quite as cool as William Shatner!

Scoobless
Ok, soliciting votes isn't technically cheating. But it's low as all hell.

i didn't ask a single person to vote for me

Dizzle
Really? I was under the impression that you started PMing people, you got a big influx of votes, then Jinzin started OTF campaigning and ended up winning by like 50. Cuz there's a billion zillion off topic buggers.

Laminator_X

I'll say this and then let's let this particular matter drop. I din't want my match hijacked with controversy the way the final thread was.

Scoobs's PM to me at least was along the lines of "I answered your questions in the thread and you seem to be leaning my way. Don't forget to vote tomorrow." I didn't have a problem with it.

As I work full-time, teach one class short of a full load of college classes in the evenings, am recording a second album with my band, and have a wife I like to see now and then; I don't feel guilty about Dizzle graciously picking up the slack. Forming GODLIKE was his idea after all. GO TEAM LITERATURE! (Frankly I've been sleep depriving myself to hang as it is. I actually sort of look like Hypnopicard right now.)

Thidrly:
Hey Dizzle, if he brings out Picard one more time, unleash the awesome horror that is Rainbow Bright! evil face

Dizzle
My computer is actually down right now, (using a different one) so I don't HAVE my Rainbow Brite pics. I definitely would though.

Laminator_X
Well, the network IS the computer after all...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5256375 VOTE GODLIKE!

DigiMark007
Heck...I vote Lam.

He's done enough scan-posting that he deserves it.

My honorable mention goes to Khell...Hypno-Picard is compelling, but I really thought Khell had the best amalgam in the tourney, even among the finals participants (Godlike not included, since he wasn't Lam's original amalgam).

Scoobless
Heck...I vote Lam.

He's done enough scan-posting that he deserves it.

My honorable mention goes to Khell...Hypno-Picard is compelling, but I really thought Khell had the best amalgam in the tourney, even among the finals participants (Godlike not included, since he wasn't Lam's original amalgam).

how long do we have left?

and it's not like Grievous or a Kull is easy to get scans of

short vid featuring Grievous http://media.putfile.com/Set-Me-Free

Kull walking through force field: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7361/kullforcefieldpenetration1pn.jpg

everyone knows what Spidey + Clone can do

Kull strolling through C4 explosion: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9876/ku711060ex.jpg

Kull firing: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5567/kullconcession7yu.jpg

Scoobless
Grievous slaughtering a Jedi Master:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/161/blz033qs.th.jpghttp://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5743/blz045ox.th.jpghttp://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1702/blz051hb.th.jpghttp://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7964/blz068cq.th.jpg

Grievous blocking laser fire with ease... and generally (no pun intended) being a badass

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6634/blz15167fd.th.jpg

Scoobless
meh... scans of what Spider Sense does:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3931/spidersense19hs.th.jpg http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3217/spidersense28uc.th.jpg http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8096/spidersense37sf.th.jpg

this is what you're letting happen if you vote against me:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9109/bushvader0kt.jpg

jinzin
do you have any vids with the kull?

Scoobless
Originally posted by jinzin
do you have any vids with the kull?

no... i don't know how to make or post stuff like that

Dizzle

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3931/spidersense19hs.th.jpg http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3217/spidersense28uc.th.jpg http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8096/spidersense37sf.th.jpg

this is what you're letting happen if you vote against me:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9109/bushvader0kt.jpg

Leto's prescience is so powerful that SS's precog doesn't work on him, similar to how Venom blocks it. Leto's power comes from the universe itself... big grin

George W. Vader may be scary... But here's what happens to your family for not voting GODLIKE! And yes, that is Rainbow Brite's trusty steed smashing in the skull of your yellow-colored family member.

Laminator_X

Or rather, doesn't do, in this particular case. evil face

Chop Chop.

Scoobless
how long do we have left?

and it's not like Grievous or a Kull is easy to get scans of

short vid featuring Grievous http://media.putfile.com/Set-Me-Free

Kull walking through force field: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7361/kullforcefieldpenetration1pn.jpg

everyone knows what Spidey + Clone can do

Kull strolling through C4 explosion: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9876/ku711060ex.jpg

Kull firing: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5567/kullconcession7yu.jpg

Scoobless
Grievous slaughtering a Jedi Master:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/161/blz033qs.th.jpghttp://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5743/blz045ox.th.jpghttp://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1702/blz051hb.th.jpghttp://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7964/blz068cq.th.jpg

Grievous blocking laser fire with ease... and generally (no pun intended) being a badass

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6634/blz15167fd.th.jpg

Scoobless
^ just because they were at the bottom of the page

Laminator_X
Sadly Grievous is a walking monument to Plot Induced Stupidity.
Unlike a Sith Lord, there's nothing he could do to counter a Jedi's telekinisis. That "Master" who got diced could've hurled the General off that catwalk, or simply taken/turned off his sabres.

He's simply not a good enough swordsman to tag GODLIKE. Even if
they were close, I know hat I can sail right through your defense you wont know that until you're sliced in half. Evading the blades I'm not draining won't be a problem for GODLIKE...
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/7606/jump6as.jpg

Vanth's doing this without GODLIKE's uber-physique, precog, or millennia of constant combat and training.

grey fox
......bad-ass (oh and fot clarification that set me free vid is mine , created with my own two hands....or tentacles i'm not really sure .

jinzin
when's the voitng end for this thing? I wanna cast my vote before it ends, but I don't want to vote till all parties have had their closing arguments.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>