Shmis' grave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spekdah
so ya reckon Owen told Luke that his grandmother was buried near the front door?

henniestevens
I think he did, he just didn't tell she got abused and raped by the sandpeople.

Tangible God
I reckon Shmi Skywalker didn't exist in the 70's.

Darth Subjekt
those same head stone for ep 2 werent in ep4...to the best of knowledge. I tried looking many times and have failed to notice yet.

Dan Skywalker
According to some books ive read, Owen removed the headstones to avoid Luke asking awkward questions about his heritage.

henniestevens
ok question answered

SS_181st_Snow
Hmm, what would he say?

Owen: Alright Luke, before those StormTroopers come and kill us, here's the truth. Your grandmother is buried under that headstone. She died of being violated and savagely beaten by Sand People. Your father came, learning about this, went to the tuskin camp and punked their asses. We then buried her here, where he cried and cried like the litty pussy that he was. And now look at him, Darth Vader, who'd've known..

Luke: What? Darth Vader's my FATHER!?

Owen:...Great, I've just ruined the greatest suspense thriller to ever be put on the big screen.

Darth Subjekt
so basically, the book was just cleaning up plot errors that skipped GL's mind...?

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
so basically, the book was just cleaning up plot errors that skipped GL's mind...?
That's not unusual.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by spekdah
so ya reckon Owen told Luke that his grandmother was buried near the front door?
i think not, because then luke would have been more interested in his parents and asked more questions.

kanis
starwars Read star wars tattooine ghost it has every thing about the events leading up shimi's death read by her daughter leia.

chinabing
Oh course Shmi existed in the 70s in Lucas' drafts, it's part of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side.

We don't know the answer, but I reckon he told him the graves were of his grandmother, and the other grave too, whomever that was, maybe another Lars. I also reckon he told Luke that she was killed by the sand people. About his father's deeds there, probably not.

SS_181st_Snow
I think the other gave would be Cliegg Lars, because he wasn't in ep 4.

overlord
Originally posted by chinabing
Oh course Shmi existed in the 70s in Lucas' drafts, it's part of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. You must be sarcastic. Lucas had only limited idea's for what happened before ANH. We can't assume Lucas already made up the death of Vaders mother if he hadn't even made up already that Vader was in fact Anakin.

chinabing
Of course Lucas knew all along that Vader was Luke's father! Lucas has said the name "Darth Vader" was made up because he wanted something that sounded like "dark father." Read any "making of" book or article.

Lucas had his draft/outline/whatever done, then cut it out everything else to just have ANH. While he probably didn't go into such details as to put names on the 3rd Stormtrooper on the Left, he did map out all the major plot twists, and I'm making an educated guess that Shmii's death was a part of it. That was a major point of Anakin's fall.

overlord
Nope, that was over analysing, Vader comes from invader probably.
And believe me, it wasn't Lucas who made up that Vader should be Lukes father. I hope I don't have to go through the trouble of proving it for you.

You are acting like SuperShadow to state that Lucas already had the whole SW plot line by the time he directed A New Hope. He actually had a very limited idea of what happened before ANH.

steverules
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Hmm, what would he say?

Owen: Alright Luke, before those StormTroopers come and kill us, here's the truth. Your grandmother is buried under that headstone. She died of being violated and savagely beaten by Sand People. Your father came, learning about this, went to the tuskin camp and punked their asses. We then buried her here, where he cried and cried like the litty pussy that he was. And now look at him, Darth Vader, who'd've known..

Luke: What? Darth Vader's my FATHER!?

Owen:...Great, I've just ruined the greatest suspense thriller to ever be put on the big screen.

LOL Homer did the same thing. Well kinda anyway.

HOMER:Wow I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke skywalkers father!
FAN:Oh thanks for ruining the movie fatso.

queeq
laughing out loud

steverules
Ah yes, remembering the good times. I just feel sorry for the person who was about to watch the empire strikes back and then watched that episode of the simpsons before deciding to watch star wars.

mace=badass
Would Owen in ANH after C-3PO said he was C-3PO, been like finally your back! Those @$$holes stole you from me but now your back!( Did you ever notice Anakin and Padme left with C-3PO, without even telling Clieg(sp?),Owen,or Beru?)

steverules
Yeah they stole him, maybe Owen has remembering problems.

overlord
Originally posted by mace=badass
Would Owen in ANH after C-3PO said he was C-3PO, been like finally your back! Those @$$holes stole you from me but now your back!( Did you ever notice Anakin and Padme left with C-3PO, without even telling Clieg(sp?),Owen,or Beru?) laughing Lucas should have really been more careful before quickly making a movie.

mace=badass
Hahaha laughing Yeah.
Hahahahaha.

mace=badass
Owen: W

mace=badass
I'm sorry for that my computer is horrible.

mace=badass
Owen: We but the damn slaves for a 2 for 1 deal, then one dies then the other one gets stolen.

overlord
Yeah, that must have been a money wasting.
C3PO gets stolen and Shmi gets killed by sand people.

I think I will send this to SuperShadow! laughing

mace=badass
Hahahahaha.

mace=badass
Inform me if that goes on the site I would love to see that.

steverules
Oh I'm sure they had a few spare C3PO's lying around there some where.

DARTH:C3PO there is something u should know, I am you're father.
C3PO:jawdrop

kanis
vampire But then again threepio's mind was wiped at the end of revenge of the sith so he wouldn't who his creator is or that he belonged to the lars and shouldn't have owen recognized threepio or maybe all that hard work he has had to do made him forget.

Sesse
Where is CP0 there is the force.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules
Oh I'm sure they had a few spare C3PO's lying around there some where.

DARTH:C3PO there is something u should know, I am you're father.
C3PO:jawdrop

LOL!!! laughing out loud laughing big grin cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.