Star Wars: Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Anyone read this series put out by Darkhorse? I, for one, think its amazing. The art is very good and so is the story. Any fellow fans? If not, then feel free to ask me anything about it if you wanna know more.

King_Mungi
I was thinking of picking it up myself, but wanted to hear comments about it first like if it was any good.

SnakeEyes
In my opinion, it's really good. 78 issues are out right now. I have issues 50-78, and they're all pretty awesome. The Clone Wars started in the series with issue 50 and currently in the series, it chronicles the events soon after Episode Three.

King_Mungi
Are any trades out yet?

SnakeEyes
I believe there are 6 of them out right now. They are simply entitled Star Wars: Clone Wars.

snoopdogg
I like the story in issue #79. It tells how some Jedi Survived and how the the remaining Jedi are evading the Empire.

SnakeEyes
Is issue 79 out yet? If so, I'm gonna buy it for sure.

Anyone have any questions?

snoopdogg
So far atleast 6 Jedi survived Order-66 not counting Yoda or Kenobi.

Although I'm sure there is alot more but that has been all that has been revealed so far.

SnakeEyes
I bought issue #79. I'm liking where this is going so far. Its gotta whole different feel to it than anything else in the Star Wars universe that I've read... and I've read a lot.

SnakeEyes
Issues 80, 81 and 82 are out and I've read them all, and I must say, they're really good. They focus on Quinlan Vos during the events of Episode Three. It is very awesome, and I reccomend it to anyone, even if your not HUGE fans of Star Wars.

Anyone read this series or maybe just some issues?

snoopdogg
I read the one where the Jedi went back to Coroscant after order-66. And after they found out what when on the old Jedi gave the padawan some money and had her hand over her lightsaber and told her to start a new life somewhere on a different planet.

What is #81 & 82 about?

SnakeEyes
It focuses on Quinlan Vos after his mission on Boz Pity. It takes place during Revenge of the Sith on Kashyyyk (Wookie homeworld). It centers on his feelings and how he wants to return home and leave the war. He also questions leaving the Jedi Order all-together after the war ends. Later on, Order 66 is started and things get messy. I won't ruin it for you.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
It focuses on Quinlan Vos after his mission on Boz Pity. It takes place during Revenge of the Sith on Kashyyyk (Wookie homeworld). It centers on his feelings and how he wants to return home and leave the war. He also questions leaving the Jedi Order all-together after the war ends. Later on, Order 66 is started and things get messy. I won't ruin it for you. I just read issue #83 and I liked it. I think I might start reading this on a regular basis. Master Vos is alive and kickin. I was surprised by the end I thought he was dead but it turns out he survived and went to hiding with his wife and son.

Ganner Rhysode
I'm going to be picking this up very shortly...

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I just read issue #83 and I liked it. I think I might start reading this on a regular basis. Master Vos is alive and kickin. I was surprised by the end I thought he was dead but it turns out he survived and went to hiding with his wife and son.

That probably would've been a good thing yo put spoiler tags around... wink

Anyway, I read it too and thought it was great.

This series is so underrated.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
That probably would've been a good thing yo put spoiler tags around... wink

Anyway, I read it too and thought it was great.

This series is so underrated. What is the next story arc?

SnakeEyes
I think that was the very last issue of Repiblic...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.