Rank top 5 Vigilantes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Rank your top 5 human Vigilantes.......

spetznaz
1) Batman: Bruce Wayne is numero uno in my book when it comes to humans. He is basically the human animal perfected (yes, Captain America and Black Panther have uber-human perfection, but Cap is due to the super-soldier serum, while T'Challa is due to the Wakandan heart herb. Bruce, on the other hand, is 100% primo human with no enhancements of any kind). Plus he has applied himself to everything. And the fact that he is the premier (together with Superman) icon in DC gives him several brownie points, as well as being one of the best selling.

2) Matt Murdock (DareDevil): Matt would be number one in my book, were it not for his radar sense. If Marvel had left his enhanced senses as that ....enhanced ....then it would he would easily have been number one. After all a blind man who can kick butt with the best of them. The radar sense basically brought an aspect of a 'power' to him, since it was beyond enhanced senses (eg olfactory, auditory, tactile) that DD got by being blind. The radar sense was caused by a radioactive component in the chemicals that blinded him. Anyways, Murdock is still a very strong number 2 (he would have been number one, easily, had his abilities simply been better than normal hearing, taste, smell, touch etc etc, plus kick-@$$ fighting ability .....but sans the whole 'radar sense' thing. For example if DD was more like Stick).

3) T'Challa (Black Panther): This dude has access to stuff even Batman would fawn over! Were it not for the Wakandan heart herb component (which is really not needed for his character since he is bad @$$ with or without it), T'Challa would definitely be at number 2 (or even number 1).

4) Captain America: The All-American. He would be higher were it not for the super-soldier serum. At times he bores me with his boyscout ways (that even make Superman seem like a skinhead from liechtenstein), but well written Captain America is pretty cool.

5) Tim Drake (Robin): There is something about THIS boy-wonder that is quite interesting. He has a lot of potential, arguably more than even Dick Grayson (NightWing). This is the guy who after all deduced who Batman was (yeah yeah, a bunch of other people have, but been ranked with Rhas Al Ghul is never a losing position). And Bat's did say in Hush that someday Drake would be the world's greatest detective.

6) Batgirl (Cassandra Cain): Cassie is an enigma. Trained to be the best assassin ever, by age 8, she is a one-girl army. Arguably the best 'normal' fighter in DC, she is able to do moves that are simply out of this world. For example dodging a cascade of bullets .....from point-blank range, and been so skilled that CIA agents thought she was superhuman (they measured her at 2.6 times human strength and 4.2 times human speed, while it was simply skill). Oh, and she can read your body movements like a book. In terms of physical ability she is a fine candidate to take over the Bat's mantle, HOWEVER her lack of honed detective abilities (plus her lack of the extensiveness of Bruce's knowledge) relegates her to this position.

7) Elektra Natchios: The thing I love about her is that she was left as pure human (unlike DD who, although human, had the radar sense thing to him). Now, there are some writers who have given her mild psi powers, but I think making her even midly psionic just dilutes the richness of her character. There is nothing wrong in having a FULLY HUMAN and NORMAL (lol, well, as normal as a comicbook character can be) woman with no 'enhancements' that can wipe the floor with your regular Venezuelan army platoon while armed with nothing but a chicken wing and chilli sauce! And anyways, if you need a psionic ninja you can always dial 1-800-PSYLOCKE.

Yep ....that's more than 5.

AcousticDoc
My candidates are all developed fighters - No super soldier serum or anything

1) Batman
2) Daredevil
3) Cassie Cain
4) Nightwing
5) Blackwidow
6) Punisher
7) Tim Drake

Swanky-Tuna
Is cap a vigilante? I thought he worked for the government.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, i wouldn't really call Cap a vigilante. Black Panther is borderline.

Anyway, for me it's...

1. Daredevil
2. Batman
3. Nightwing
4. Moon Knight
5. Rorshach

olympian
Batman, Daredevil, Moon knight and Red Hood devil

Darth Macabre
1)Daredevil
2)Batman
3)Nightwing
4)Green Arrow
5)The Question- yes thats right I put good ole "Vic Sage", got a problem with that? lol

Metalmanx
1. Spiderman (I'm surprised no one put him yet).
2. Daredevil.
3. Punisher.
4. Batman.
5. Elektra.

Superherovandal
1. Batman no doubt the first the greatest.
2. DD/NW. Both are like virtually equal
3. Tim Drake. HEs a great fighter and a great detective
4. Batgirl. Shes a fighter better than Bats but isn't as good of a detective as Tim.
5. Punisher. Hes a great fighter and all but the killing isn't really as cool as defeating enemies like Joker and Prometheus and Kingpin and Bullseye (for DD) without killing.

golem370
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Punisher
Daredevil
Gambit

Metalmanx
Originally posted by golem370
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Punisher
Daredevil
Gambit

I wouldn't really say that Wolvie or Gambit would be considered vigilantes, per say. I mean, they're part of a well-established, world-reknown team afterall. Sometimes with government funding as well.

Nathaniel Grey
Batman
Iron Fist
Punisher
Shen Kuei
Panther

TheKahn
1. Punisher
2. Punisher
3. Punisher
4. Punisher
5. Punisher

If you don't kill criminals, you're just not a vigilante in my book. Plus he fights crime out of a van. Do you know how Bad-Ass you have to be to drive a van and still scare people???

nimbus006
1. Batman
2. Black Panther
3. Luke Cage
4. Daredevil
5. Punisher

If Wolvie is considered a Vigilante then he is probably my # 1 or 2, and Hawkeye is up there if you consider him one too.

Creshosk
Anybody who takes the law into their own hands is a vigilante. Captain America being part of a government funded orginization (Wolverine and Spiderman are also Avengers remember.) are upholding ther law of the government, hence they are not vigilantes.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Creshosk
Anybody who takes the law into their own hands is a vigilante. Captain America being part of a government funded orginization (Wolverine and Spiderman are also Avengers remember.) are upholding ther law of the government, hence they are not vigilantes.

Yea but Wolverine has taken the law into his own hands many a time, and he wasnt always an Avenger and has taken leave from the X-Men. And Spiderman has always been on his own until now.

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Punisher
Daredevil
Gambit

I think the thread stated human vigilantes. While Wolverine and Gambit are 'human,' they are mutant as well (and technically according to Marvel they are not homo Sapiens Sapiens but Homo Superior). Technically it would be like comparing a modern day human with Homo Erectus, or maybe Neanderthal man. Similar, but not the same thing (a better analogy would be to include donkeys in threads pertaining to horses).
Wolverine and Gambit do not qualify, since one is a little man with adamantium pig-stickers in his arms and a healing factor, while the other is some Cajun with weirded-out eyes and the ability to put kinetic charge into anything he throws (or touches).
Human? Well, not like Batman most certainly.

Even Spiderman is highly questionable. This is a guy who is basically a spider made man (in terms of strength, speed, agility etc etc etc). Plus a spider-sense. Is he human? Well ....he is definitely not a mutant (actually he is, since the bite mutated his genome enabling him to acquire his powers, even though he may not necessarily have been born homo superior) ......but Peter Parker is definitely not human in the same way Frank Castle (Punisher) and Dick Grayson (NightWing) are.

The guy is freaking walking upside down from ceilings and tossing volswaggens for goodness, while Gambit makes cards into explosives, and Wolverine has a metal skeleton and ginsu knives popping out of his hands!
Human? Well, definitely not as human as Frank Castle or Bruce Wayne.

And putting them definitely adds the possibility of bringing people like the Flash into this. After all W. West is human .....all he has 'extra' is 'just' the ability to tap into the speed force and move faster than thought!
And Billy Batson is human ......all he has is just the 'little' ability to say the word SHAZAM and become the world's strongest mortal!
Or take Johnny Thunder for example (of the JSA). He is just your normal human. However when he says Cei-U he takes control of a 5th-dimensional genie (think mr mxyzptlk , but with much much more power) and he can do anything he wants, including making the said mr mxyzptlk cry uncle through sheer magical force.

Yes, they are 'human.' But again not in the same vein as a Tim Drake or a Frank Castle.

In the same way Wolvie, Spidey, and Gambit are more than human.

el barto_1
i'l only mention real vigilantes

1. solo
2. deadpool
3. punisher
4. moon knight

thats all the cool ones

K Von Doom
That Scourge character who killed a bunch of villains would be number 1.

jgiant
Originally posted by TheKahn
1. Punisher
2. Punisher
3. Punisher
4. Punisher
5. Punisher

If you don't kill criminals, you're just not a vigilante in my book. Plus he fights crime out of a van. Do you know how Bad-Ass you have to be to drive a van and still scare people???
thumb up
He has killed over two thousand criminals, all these other dumbass vigilanties cause more damage than good...they repeatedly let these criminals go to kill again and again and again...these dumbass vigilanites are just as responsible for the killings as the bad guys...

armandovalles
Punisher's a lil *****. In CM (2002) punisher was killing people with his friend and Genis swooped down, killed his friend, and got in Frank's face and Frank damn near pissed his pants.

Creshosk
Originally posted by armandovalles
Punisher's a lil *****. In CM (2002) punisher was killing people with his friend and Genis swooped down, killed his friend, and got in Frank's face and Frank damn near pissed his pants. Wouldn't you? lol. . . Seriously. Genis comes down and get's in your face what would you do?

cheldon
i measure in brutality:

punisher
wolverine
elektra
batman
daredevil

ImmortalOne
Batman and Punisher

jgiant
Punisher's a lil *****. In CM (2002) punisher was killing people with his friend and Genis swooped down, killed his friend, and got in Frank's face and Frank damn near pissed his pants.
Not true to the character of punisher, he wouldn't give a fuk, why would he be afriad of dying...he has nothing to lose, he just cant get rid of the scum anymore...and i doubt frank almost pissed his pants...i hate when pun is in crossovers, they never stay true to the character...punisher has nothing to fear from genis...

armandovalles
they actually showed him shaking he was so scared and the narrator said something along the lines of him being terrified. It doesnt matter wut u think jgiant, it happenned.

armandovalles
Wouldn't you? lol. . . Seriously. Genis comes down and get's in your face what would you do?

I'd run to the left and hope i make it. lol

http://www.schnitt.de/_images/filme/scary_movie.jpg

Creshosk
I'd run to the left and hope i make it. lol

http://www.schnitt.de/_images/filme/scary_movie.jpg Her left or ours?

armandovalles
i'd run towards safety. (our left)

Swanky-Tuna
I didn't think the new Avengers were part of the government. I thought they were basically a freelance group with a member or members who could use their status to get government information.

Maestro
Ghost Rider should be #1.

jgiant
they actually showed him shaking he was so scared and the narrator said something along the lines of him being terrified. It doesnt matter wut u think jgiant, it happenned.
That is just PIS...

house
ghost rider
punisher
spiderman
x-cutioner
Scourge of the Underworld

Superherovandal
dude u have to accept that Punisher is afraid of things jgiant. What peak human wouldn't be afraid of Genis-Vell when he's angry? In fact what non cosmic superhero wouldn't be afraid of Genis?

jgiant
Originally posted by Superherovandal
dude u have to accept that Punisher is afraid of things jgiant. What peak human wouldn't be afraid of Genis-Vell when he's angry? In fact what non cosmic superhero wouldn't be afraid of Genis?
He is afraid of things...i just think he would be starteled not scared sh!tless...

Superherovandal
of course he would. anyone who isn't a cosmic would be afraid ****less of Genis. He's that powerful. Just imagine him angry.

jgiant
I don't know about that...Originally posted by Superherovandal
of course he would. anyone who isn't a cosmic would be afraid ****less of Genis. He's that powerful. Just imagine him angry. i will agree to disagree...

JOE NUNEZ
vigilanties only 1 daredevil 2 batman 3 nighthawk(supreme power) 4 paladin 5 deadpool

Tron
Moving

ScarletSpider
Has anyone been reading the new Vigilante series from DC by Bruce Jones? Pretty good stuff, even after only a few issues, I would put the new Vigilante up there.

In addition to him though, Punisher, Moon Knight, Josiah X and White Tiger. Kasper Cole Tiger, although Hector Alaya is cool too. I want to see more of the Del Toro White Tiger.

Knightfall93
1. Batman
2. Nightwing
3. Huntress
4. Batgirl III
5. Deadpool

willRules
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Is cap a vigilante? I thought he worked for the government.

By that logic BP isn't a vigilante cos he is the government...............

Scarecrow756
1. Batman
2. Nightwing (Dick Grayson).
3. Daredevil
4. Spider-Man
5. Punisher

roughrider
For me, no one above peak human in strength, agility and durability can qualify. And Captain America I wouldn't consider a vigilante; he's a leader for other superheroes. Black Panther is a monarch in his country, so he's out.

Here's mine, in alphabetical order:

Batman
Daredevil
Moon Knight
Nightwing
Punisher

Namor
Isn't Spider-Man sanctioned by the Avengers which works in unison with the United Nations? I don't think he's considered a true vigilante anymore.

Gregory
And Batman is/was one of the leaders of the JLA; well?

(Batman, Batgirl, Oliver Queen Green Arrow, and Daredevil, by the way, with Punisher coming in a very distant fifth).

roughrider
Captain America spends no time going out on a nightly patrol to catch thieves and rapists. His concerns are bigger; threats to the country, the world, some of which are cosmic. Avenger business is full time for him. Batman is a leader in the JLA, but that's only in his spare time; his primary business is crime in Gotham City.

NoFate007
1. Batman
2. Nightwing
3. Daredevil
4. Robin (Tim Drake)
5. The Question

chucktaylor
1) Batman
2) Daredevil
3) Robin (Drake)
4) Nightwing (Grayson)
5) Punisher

Etrigan
It would have to be:

1. Batman. Kind of an obvious choice. He's just generally awesome, in mainly every aspect. Call me fanboy all you want, but I reckon he's the coolest vigilante out there. Great martial artists, great gadgets, great intelligence. Coolness in a can.

2. Daredevil. As most people's second on the listers go, mine is DD. An original power that is really cool and can be put into use in some many great ways. Plus, a scary rogues gallery, and some great reads in comic wise. A good fighter too, which I seem to like in my favourite characters.

3. Deadpool. Funny, funny, funny, funny, and funny. And damn cool. Did I mention funny?

4. Punisher. A bad ass as far as they go. The toughest, most hard as nails character in comics, IMO. It's amazing how skilled that gun-toting street leveler is. Seriously cool. Good fighter, and packing a whole liad of powerful weaponry. And he managed to win the Mr T award by scaring people by driving a van.

5. Hmmm... I don't know. Probably either Black Panther or Moon Knight... it's a tie. They both borderline just about on street level vigilantes anyway.

ScarletSpider
The Avengers lost their U.N. sanctioning in Avengers Disassembled. So, they still have ties with S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.S. government, since they operate on American soil, but nothing so broad as it once was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.