Dreams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LaurenE147
Does anybody else have weirdo dreams? Cause I had one of the weirdest ones ever last night.

I went to my grandmother's house (who is dead) with my family and my uncles and aunts. I was walking through it and suddenly there was another door. I went through it and there were more rooms. There were fully furnished bedrooms and bathrooms and another kitchen. I went back to the living room and asked my family if those rooms had always been there. They said that they had but the reason that they had had to share rooms was that there were no beds in any of those rooms. So I started walking throgh them again and suddenly I was with young Obi-Wan and there was this young kid in one of the bathrooms and he pulled back the shower curtain and there was my grandfather who I never knew and the kids said that he had murdered him. We started chasing him through the house. Suddenly we were outside walking and the little boy had suddenly turned into Jake Lloyd Anakin and we were suddenly in a different time, but we knew it. And then we kept trying to get back. At one point Samantha from Bewitched was there. We finally got back. But we were all riding a big machine and then a triceratops butted us and Obi-Wan and Anakin fought it off. Then it was over.

I'd like a shrink to analyze that.

yerssot
easy, you're a star wars freak that can't see the difference between the past and the present

Captain REX
Let's hear one of your dreams then!

My dad had a dream about my grandfather. He was sitting at his desk and working on papers, and every few seconds my grandfather would call and ask him everyday stuff they went through at work together (my grandfather was the man incharge, and now it's my dad's job). He'd ask over the phone stuff like "Are the computers on?" or "Did we get those sign up papers from Kaiser Elementary?" or "Where's my coffee?" and so on. Then, in the dream, my dad asked my grandfather "What's it like in Heaven?" and my grandfather replied "Well...I just can't tell you that." Then he hung up and my dad awoke.

I don't have many dreams. I did have one dream where this girl from my school was being forced to smoke by this little stupid kid I hate and I jumped in and broke the kid's bones.

Another I had was I was trapped in a dungeon with a hippy, Link from the Zelda video games, and a few other people, and we were getting shock torture. Then this evil bad guy walked in and it was Emperor Zurg and Emperor Palpy from Toy Story and Star Wars. I killed them and the people shocking us and I was the hero. Woohoo.

yerssot
btw Lauren, I can get you a detailed report on that if you want...

rex, your father has troubles with the recent events.

and you ... well, you like sci-fi and you like to be the hero/the best in everything

Captain REX
Wow, how'd you know? laughing out loud

I had a dream about my grandfather last night. I was flying a jet plane at high speeds over Los Angeles. Then an old old plane from WWII (propeler and all) pulled up beside my jet plane. My grandfather (who had been in the Civil Air Patrol to scout for enemy craft) was in the cockpit and waved to me, then went flying off into the sunset.

yerssot
yeah well, if you can't be specific about your dreams, I can't tell you more

Corran
I have VERY strange dreams, they distress me even to think about writing them out.......no mummy not the broom cupboard it's dark and there are spiders, aaaaghhhh........

LaurenE147
I have the dream where there are rooms where they weren't before. I always discover them.

Also, everyody has dreams about talking to their family members who have died. I think its part of the process. I had a lot of dreams about my cousin and my grandmother. I miss them.

Tex
I have a recurrent dream of standing outside a Sears store!confused

LaurenE147
Um, are you envious of its size?

greedo
Sears store eh, well I hope you are holding that good old Sears charge card in your hand and are planning a spending spree...we need your kinda buisness wink. By the way thank you for dreaming Sears!

LanceWindu
I have dreams every time I am sick and they are all about distorted stuff.

Like something small all of a sudden gets big and takes over what I can see, then it shrinks and stuff.

LaurenE147
Oh, I have that one too.

greedo
When ever I have a dream like that I am usually under some kind of stress. The amount of rooms probably measures the amount of stress or frustration with something or someone.

Either that or stop eating Taco chips before going to bed.

As for the SW link well with a thousand posts to your credit SW characters in your dreams are a gimme.http://www.bobafettmp.com/phpBB/images/smiles/new/greedo.gif

LaurenE147
I'm always happy about when I find the rooms. It was just weird that the rooms had never been there before.

German accent: So what do you think about that Dr. Freud?

yerssot
appart that most of his theories are blasted into smithereens...wich dreams are you talking about?

LaurenE147
Actually a lot of it still stands. He started hypnosis and such.

yerssot
he didn't started it, others did, it's a very old thing

greedo
I am no expert I am still trying to figure out why all my dreams have some form of water in them...lakes, rivers, oceans, pools, rain...I have been told that at three I fell into a river and that my dad waded in and saved me before the current got a hold of me. Sometimes I can breath underwater and others I can float in the air...man I gotta stop eating Taco chips before going to bed!

Ushgarak
Hang on, when did yerss become an expert in dream analysis?

Tex
He probably has the same book I do: '10000 Dreams Interpreted'
Only his smells like waffles!

Gundark
The most recent SW-related dream I had was a slow-motion scene shot from floor level of Mace being fatally wounded by Anakin (not Vader) and Mace falling on his side and his hand falling open with his own sabre rolling out of it, resting just inches from his fingertips. He squeezed his eyes shut, as in pain, then opened them again and died. All in slow motion. Its very vivid in my mind.

yerssot
a year or two, three ago; I just kept quiet in the last thread

Gundark
That must be an old printer you're in yerss, they don't have inkribbons any more you know.

finti
they do in Belgium

Gundark
Pee-Wee Herman printers.

finti
pee wee country

LaurenE147
I have dreams that I'm reading. It's the rest of a book that I'm currently reading and I see the pages and I'm making up the storyline as I go along.

yerssot
well, if you want a real discription, you have to give lots of details, everything you can remember

LaurenE147
I used to read the babysitter's club booksa and I was finishing number nine in my dream. Kristy is looking for the secret passageway in Dawn's house and she fell into it and screamed. That's all I can remember.

Julie
I'm usually so tired I can't remember my dreams.....

finti
you will remember those that makes an impression on you

yerssot
not always so finti,

there are certain people that can dream, and they know they're dreaming and that way can remember it correctly when they wake up.
But the problem is that according to psychology you can't actively dream, because otherwhise it's not a dream!

finti
meaning????????

yerssot
that you can also remember the ones that didn't leave an impression

finti
nobody argued that

yerssot
but I did big grin

Gundark
If you write it down as soon as you wake up, you can remember it sometimes.

LaurenE147
I remember a lot of my dreams. I used to have dreamless sleeps, but now I dream every night.

finti
you dream more or less every night, but you dont remember them all. actually you have a couple of dreams every night

Gundark
My dogs are funny when they dream. Their feet move like they're running and they make little "woof" sounds through their nose.

finti
Just like Tex

LaurenE147
Once my dog was having a nightmare and she was making these noises like she was in pain, so I decided to wake her up. She almost bit my hand off.

Gundark
Mine just wake up like, "duh ?" Typical labs. laughing out loud

LaurenE147
Are they outside dogs?

Gundark
NO ! My dogs are all inside, where beloved pets belong, not chained or roped to some hideous box outside !!! There should be no such thing as "outside dogs" !!! I can't stand seeing some poor animal attached to some pathetic shelter, surrounded by dirt or mud, waiting for food or water or something to come and love it !!! I call the SPCA and report people constantly !!!!!

mad mad mad

Corran
I agree with the not chaining the dogs up and leaving them without food, that is bad. I do think that dogs are outside animals, they prefer it outside, I've had a Labrador and a Retriever, both hated to be indoors and would destroy things inside because they wanted to be outdoors, only in really bad weather did they want to be indoors.
The dogs were loved a lot and were allowed inside or out whatever they wanted, but both preferred outside in the garden.

LaurenE147
We have a fence so we don't chain our dog up when she's outside. She looooooves it outside. She gets to chase squirrels and barkd at people passing by all she wants. But she sleeps and eats and plays inside.

Gundark
Well thats okay then. We take our labs swimming over at the lake and we play out in the yard with them, but they are INSIDE dogs.

LaurenE147
Today I was watching mydog runaround outside. One of her favorite things to do is to roll in smelly things. I was watching her and she just seemed amazingly content.

I was thinking about something today. Do Chinese people have all three thousand plus characters on their keyboards and if not then what writing system do they use?

Ushgarak
I believe Chinese keyboards ARE complex but they aren't that huge. You need special training to use them.

Alot of them just use English on-line, though.

finti
peking palace

yerssot
from the signs they have, they only have around 100 on the keyboard, they type in another way ... or so I heared from a friend

Gundark
Don't you just love asking Ush questions ?

http://www.forum-smilies.com/fun_15.gif

Ush, why do the leaves on the trees appear to blow upside down just before a rainstorm ?

finti
because

yerssot
ok...let's see...

Ush, what does July 11 mean to someone who lifes in Flanders?
What's the topspeed ever ran by a Jedi using ForceSpeed
and
How many tv channels are there in the world? (national AND others)

Ushgarak
I am afraid I cannot help with most of those (sorry, Gubdy!)

Yerss, judging by what you asked me yesterday, and that it is the anniversary of the Battle of the Golden Spurs, I guess the 11th is the 'National'Flanders day, or Flanders Community day, or something similar.

Gundark
Hmmmm....how about this one.

Where is Kuylen ?

Captain REX
I don't think he'll tell you. laughing out loud

Back on subject!

yerssot
hmm, I'll give you a 0.5- on 3 for those answers big grin

Ushgarak
Kuylen is very close to you, Gundy. And as two of your questions were bollocks, yerss, I think that is pretty good going.

yerssot
ha, you have to know those answers Ush!

ok... who's the flemish minister of youth?

mechmoggy
Okay Ush, why is it that I can always vividly remember my dreams within the first fifteen minutes of waking up and then can't remember a thing after that?

Ushgarak
I think that is something to do with dreams being very incompatible with long-term memory, Mech, which is something to do with what long-term memory actually is.

Stop asking such silly questions, yerss.

yerssot
*shocked*
silly questions? I was serious...for once...

Ushgarak
It IS silly. Obviously I have no idea about obscure European Ministers.

yerssot
two things...

(s)he is NOT obscure...just corrupt
and (s)he is not an european minister big grin

ok... new question...what's the oldest Aboriginal painting ever discovered? (date when made, what it was, who discovered it and when it was discovered)

Raz

Ushgarak
Hmm, let me see... is European... is a Minister... is obscure... pretty sure I had that one down right actually, Yerss.

Don't know about the aborigines but the oldest cave paintings ever are from Lascaux, France.

(Thanks for that reply, Raz.)

yerssot
wich is closed now...

ok... errr... let me think... good question huh?... hmmm...

what's your opinion of computers in the music bussiness? do you think it's not needed anymore to be able to sing? because they can alter it afterwards...

Ushgarak
That's more a point of discussion than a straight question isn't it? I really think a new htread would be appropriate for that.

yerssot
well, it's not that this thread is ontopic...

well, I couldn't find a question where you had to think about...well...had one, but already gave you the answer a few days ago...

yerssot
in a vain attempt to drag it back ontopic...

is anyone of the opinion that dreams can predict the future? that analyzing dreams are usefull?

finti
you dont know until it actually happens, dreams can come true, depends on the dream

yerssot
well, I was more talking about actions you do in a dream mean something in the future

finti
questionable

yerssot
is this more the question if people believe that everything in their life is already fixed?

finti
i dont know, you are the one asking

Gundark
I smell religion coming into this.....

yerssot
well, finti, and I hoped you gave an answer

finti
religion eek!

Julie
Um ok.....let's talk religion....

yerssot
um ok... let's NOT do that

Dim
You can talk about it...but don't be suprised when you don't like what some of us have to say.

keokiswahine
what are we talking about, and where is it, whatever it is, going? confused

yerssot
talking about dreams and it's going offtopic

keokiswahine
hmmmmm, had wierd dreams last night roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
Feelin sarcastic are we Keo? laughing out loud

Raz
When you dream, do you dream in the first person (i.e. looking through your eyes) or as a 3rd person (i.e. looking through the eyes of another, where you can see yourself).

Just curious big grin

Ushgarak
First

yerssot
actually in both...
first person in one, third in another, switching from time to time

Dexx
first, i think...the big deal is to realise you're dreaming and try to move your hand or something (in the dream), then you can control the dream and fly, fly away or whatever...switch to 3rd person

mah
interesting question, hadnt noticed this thread earlier..I think I dream in both. I remember clearly several dreams where I've dreamt in 3rd person, watching it kind of like a movie, but where I at the same time is in it.

Gundark
I dream a lot in the third person. Except when I'm running away from something scary or falling. Then its always me.

Tex
Both
Nightmares are usually 1st person

BackFire349
usually first, even though i havent had a dream in years that i can remember fully. i remember a dream i had when i was younger where a giant mario and luigi were brought to life in my old elementary school and they were chasing me through the school at night. rolling on floor laughing

LaurenE147
I dream in both. Sometimes I'm watching myself.

ToMacco
My dreams are narrated.

keokiswahine
in technicolor, dolby sound, and smellavision big grin

finti
laughing out loud
I dream in both, and you all dream of me big grin

queeq
Except me. Usually first, but also in third sometimes. Just to watch how well I move. big grin

Gundark
Thats you all over. laughing out loud

Corran
I dream of Jeannie.

Gundark
She was a hot little number for her day.

Corran
A bit like yourself then?

Gundark
And just what are you implying ?

Corran
I didn't Imply anything, I said you were a hot little number,

Gundark
Well I just sent you a pic of me, so you'll know you're correct in that assumption. smokin'

Corran
Yes, I see, not sure your ears would be that difficult to pull off now having seen your photograph.

Gundark
But you wouldn't really know if you could unless you really tried. So you're not really sure if you're strong enough to do it. Hence the mystery surrounding the Gundark ! smokin'

finti
mystery surounding Gundark laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud ....ehhhh ok

finti
mystery surrounding Gundark laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud ....ehhhh ok

yerssot
making it immediatly twice that mysterious finti?

finti
well it sort of froze on me so I didnt get any indication I submited the first one.

yerssot
most of the time it does get through

Raz
I dream in the first person usually....I think.

yerssot
why the sudden interest?

Dexx
i guess it can only be one of the few questions u think at immediatley after u get up...

yerssot
that and is that water next to my bed

Raz
Sometimes I think too much laughing out loud

Dexx
laughing out loud

Tex
sad

Dexx
what???

LaurenE147
That's better than not thinking enough.

Tex
Possibly maybe.

yerssot
hey! I don't think and I made it in life!

finti
just shows you how fast we are moving forward roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raz
Revelations nearly big grin

yerssot
you can fastforward?

Gundark
I saw all that laughing on the previous page, finti....something funny ?

Samonosuke
I don't really dream...

mah
ah, dreamless person! quite the scientific sensationsmile

finti
ehh something funny Gundark? big grin evil face

LaurenE147
Yers, you're seventeen. How have you made it through life?

keokiswahine
first person, third person. sometimes, I think, in second person, too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Artificial PHP Software, do not know subject "life"

keokiswahine
what is life? eating, breathing, dreaming........... :shy:

yerssot
or be eaten...

keokiswahine
*watches yersssss' piranha jaws start to vibrate* eek! evil face laughing

yerssot
I think I can eat a whole Keo for lunch wink

LaurenE147
I can eat a whole finit mullet.

mah
then prepare for the axe...wait he doesn't have a mullet anymore

finti
But I still have an axe evil face

Thane Zereil
I remeber now why I missed coming here

queeq
You wuv us.

mah
or fintis axe

Gundark
finti should grow his mullet back.

LaurenE147
Then we could point and laugh at his pictures.

queeq
But we do that anyway.

Gundark
Seems mullets are not politically correct nowadays.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>