Wakanda Versus Atlantis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
Wakanda has the superior tech. With Black Panther as their mastermind general.

Atlantis has warriors who are superior compared to humans (an average Atlantean is somewhere between Class 5-10). Atlanteans also have good tech, and superb skills. They have Namor as their leader.

I think Wakanda has more warriors, but I am not sure. However, an Atlantean warrior equals multiple humans.

Who win? I think Atlantis has it here.

Nathaniel Grey
In the short term both nations would suffer. This wouldn't be a light weighted war considering the vast amounts of technology that would be employed. But I'm looking at Wakanda coming out on top, in the long term. I'm willing to bet that T'Challa would sacrifice the well being of his countrymen to win. He's done it before and he'd more than likely do so again.

DarkCrawler
Atlantis has the money to fund the war though. As does Wakanda. Namor is willing to sacrifice the well being of his people too...not to mention that Atlanteas would be terrifying on the battlefield. (Think about thousands of highly trained Class 10's who are nearly bulletproof and who have trained their entire life, attacking a country.) Not to mention they have an Class 100 as their leader.

I think Wakanda exceeds Atlantis in tech, but not by much. Atlanteans have the upper hand in their warriors.

manjaro
think about what civilization had thousands of years head start.......then think of the fact that A-teans have unspeakable magicks and tech at thier disposal. Wakanda may be an advanced nation but not in terms of Propiertary tech, but rather the fact that its one of the richest nation's in the world, due to the revenue that vibranium generates. meaning schools, hospitals, industry, health care and all that....thats what it means to be an advanced nation.

Atlantis has weapons and warriors we can only dream about. plus the fact that Namor would wanna be all arrogant and bull headed and lead the charge himself...meaning a class 100 guy smashing the shit out of everything in his way, and softening shit up for the class 5's and 10's that are right behind him.

jrodslam
Question. Tamara, Tiger Shark, Andromeda, Seth are the defenders of Atlantis. Im assuming they are included inthe battle, yes? Both have high ranked technology. But id have to say that Atlantis has the better warriors. Even the women.

Atlantis wins.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by manjaro
think about what civilization had thousands of years head start.......then think of the fact that A-teans have unspeakable magicks and tech at thier disposal. Wakanda may be an advanced nation but not in terms of Propiertary tech, but rather the fact that its one of the richest nation's in the world, due to the revenue that vibranium generates. meaning schools, hospitals, industry, health care and all that....thats what it means to be an advanced nation.

Atlantis has weapons and warriors we can only dream about. plus the fact that Namor would wanna be all arrogant and bull headed and lead the charge himself...meaning a class 100 guy smashing the shit out of everything in his way, and softening shit up for the class 5's and 10's that are right behind him.

yes

illadelph12
In an all out war I'd take Wakanda.

Namor might lead the charge for Atlantis with his class 100 strength, but that would put him in harms way. From a tactical standpoint, T'Challa is a far better tactician, and I believe with the full resources of his nation at bear, he'd formulate a plan to defeat Atlantis from behind the battle lines while Namor is busy in the trenches shedding blood.

Not to mention being a class 5 in strength against a nation world renowned for industrializing the vibranium alloy market is not an advantage. The impacts of their punches, or any impact for that matter, on vibranium materials would negate the effects.

jrodslam
^ What about Tigershark who is 70cl, Tamara who is from a warrior race, Andromeda who is also about 50-60 cl?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by illadelph12
In an all out war I'd take Wakanda.

Namor might lead the charge for Atlantis with his class 100 strength, but that would put him in harms way. From a tactical standpoint, T'Challa is a far better tactician, and I believe with the full resources of his nation at bear, he'd formulate a plan to defeat Atlantis from behind the battle lines while Namor is busy in the trenches shedding blood.

Not to mention being a class 5 in strength against a nation world renowned for industrializing the vibranium alloy market is not an advantage. The impacts of their punches, or any impact for that matter, on vibranium materials would negate the effects.

They would be still able to crack their skulls and break their necks. Namor isn't the only army leader, too. Atlantis has experienced over 30 000 years of warfare, The best tacticians of Atlantis wouldn't be superised by an simple attack from behind.

sam_drugbringer
Only Namor can survive overwater right?

Then I doubt ethier will win. It would take to much to attack ethier city.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
Only Namor can survive overwater right?

Then I doubt ethier will win. It would take to much to attack ethier city.

Atlanteans have ways of surviving out of water. Breathing helmets...pills that enable them to breather air...

Of course, Atlanteans could attack directly from water, which would force Wakanda army to come at water, where they would be at great disadvantage.

sam_drugbringer
They have ways, but today soliders have ways of staying alive when they get attacked with mustard gas. It dosen't mean it's not a Giant problem.

Considering Wakanda has the supiriot tech, and matirals, unless Namor can crush them easy, BP can formulate a stratagim that will let his servive an indefinete seige.

Tie.

long pig
One nation is 5% of Africa, the other is 75% of the world.

Yeah, BP is ****ed.

jrodslam
What kind of machines do the Wakandians possess? Are all materials, weapons, armor and machines made of vibranium?

long pig
Good question.

What exactly makes Wakanda so special, anyway? Enough to take on the Atlanteans?

I hear "BP has a strategy for when Galactus attacks!" a lot, but little do people realize, his strategy is to get his people in a rocket and leave earth. erm

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig
I hear "BP has a strategy for when Galactus attacks!" a lot, but little do people realize, his strategy is to get his people in a rocket and leave earth. erm

Lol. Was that a joke LP? confused

long pig
No, that's his great "plan".

Lucid Lui
Sounds like a good plan to me. Bugger facing Galactus...

long pig
Well, that's the thing. Some BP fans want to believe BP actually has a plan to defeat Galactus.

No.

Wickerman
This is how i'd picture the initial Atlantean attack.....

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/8202/namorattack2xr.th.jpg

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Wickerman
This is how i'd picture the initial Atlantean attack.....

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/8202/namorattack2xr.th.jpg

~wickerman~

True. Namor has been known to create tidal waves more times then once.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/8007/namorfeat265gs.gif

But does Wakanda reaside on coastline?

illadelph12
Wakanda is land locked with a lake:

http://www.aub.dk/~henckel/WAKANDA.gif

In order to invade, the Atlanteans have to either come up a river into Central Africa, or come by land/air.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by illadelph12
Wakanda is land locked with a lake:

http://www.aub.dk/~henckel/WAKANDA.gif

In order to invade, the Atlanteans have to either come up a river into Central Africa, or come by land/air.

In the new Black Panther comics, the American zombie army was able to go to Wakanda from a beach...I try to find an scan.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
True. Namor has been known to create tidal waves more times then once.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/8007/namorfeat265gs.gif

But does Wakanda reaside on coastline?

Mine looks better stick out tongue

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Mine looks better stick out tongue

~wickerman~

http://x2.putfile.com/11/31509561448.gif

wink

Wickerman
http://x2.putfile.com/11/31509561448.gif

wink

It's not working eek!

May be my fault though erm

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
It's not working eek!

May be my fault though erm

~wickerman~

Hmm...it's working on my computer. confused

Piedmon
I'd place my money on Black Panther. He's outfoxed the best Marvel Earth had to offer. Assuming Atlantis launches an invasion of Wakanda (this is the scenario touted so far) they have a tremendous weakness to exploit: their bodies are not naturally adapted to survive on land.

I imagine it would be easy for T'Challa to develop a sort of "spear gun" that launches a projectile which siphons the hydrogen from within the Atlantean's protective suits with properly unbalanced particles within its shaft. Think of it as a sort of "salt-gun."

This weapon would even hurt Namor, since he grows weaker as his body dries. Soon he'd find himself standing alone over an asphyxiating Atlantean army.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Piedmon
I'd place my money on Black Panther. He's outfoxed the best Marvel Earth had to offer. Assuming Atlantis launches an invasion of Wakanda (this is the scenario touted so far) they have a tremendous weakness to exploit: their bodies are not naturally adapted to survive on land.

I imagine it would be easy for T'Challa to develop a sort of "spear gun" that launches a projectile which siphons the hydrogen from within the Atlantean's protective suits with properly unbalanced particles within its shaft. Think of it as a sort of "salt-gun."

This weapon would even hurt Namor, since he grows weaker as his body dries. Soon he'd find himself standing alone over an asphyxiating Atlantean army.

Salt guns have actually used on Namor before. I think they would be prepared for something like that and wear armors for it.

And since their bodies are adapted to surviving miles under the sea, under horrible pressure, normal weapons such as bullets would probably bounce off them, or at least not do much damage.

Wickerman
What about attacking from below and using the underground water streams errupt? Not to mention the kind of damage the atlantean army could do assuming Wakanda is anywhere near a tectonic line.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
I can see the picture now smile

Again, my opinion is that the combined power of tidal waves hitting Wakanda (possibly.....don't know if they could or where they'd come from though, but i'm willing to bet Namor would make it happen stick out tongue ), moving tectonic plates in order to create devastating earthquakes, having a better fit physical armada and almost equally potent technology, Atlantis would win.

~wickerman~

Piedmon
Nah... if the bastards are so smart, where are their jets....

Also, barometric pressure is intense, but the pressure from an armor-piercing heavy round is, I'd wager, quite harder...

5-10 ton lifting strength vs a napalm or fusion bob airstrike? Unlikely. Let's also not forget Wakanda's biggest advantage, the topogrophy. While Atlantean infantry would be slogging it through dense, trackless jungle, they'd be sitting ducks for all manner of Wakandan ambushes and high-tech snares....

Wickerman

Also, barometric pressure is intense, but the pressure from an armor-piercing heavy round is, I'd wager, quite harder...

5-10 ton lifting strength vs a napalm or fusion bob airstrike? Unlikely. Let's also not forget Wakanda's biggest advantage, the topogrophy. While Atlantean infantry would be slogging it through dense, trackless jungle, they'd be sitting ducks for all manner of Wakandan ambushes and high-tech snares....

Isn't there any sort of body of water around or underneath Wakanda?

~wickerman~

jrodslam
And please dont let him summon Giganto. Noone wouoldbe able to stop him.

What kind of weapons to the Wakanda'ns have? Tanks, Planes Choppers?

Piedmon
Think like the US military 50-100 years in the future.

Wakanda has always been several steps ahead of the outside world technologically. They were building mechs back when the white man thought repeater rifles were hot shit.

Localized nuclear blasts, robot-piloted attack craft, satellite-based weaponry.... basically, all the stuff our military is looking at implimenting in the near future now, would be well within Wakanda's mein.

Wickerman
Isn't there any sort of body of water around or underneath Wakanda?

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler

As a sea country, then don't have need for them. They have air weaponry, though.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31514233144.gif&s=x2

Add their armory to their superhuman bodies and you get them to be pretty dam resistant.

And Atlanteans are firing back to them, too. But not with bullets, but laser weapons and such.

5-10 ton lifting strength vs a napalm or fusion bob airstrike? Unlikely.

Atlanteans are fighting back too, it's not like they are standing in one place and letting them bomb at them.

Let's also not forget Wakanda's biggest advantage, the topogrophy. While Atlantean infantry would be slogging it through dense, trackless jungle, they'd be sitting ducks for all manner of Wakandan ambushes and high-tech snares....

They can use their air vehicles to cut down the forest.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jrodslam
And please dont let him summon Giganto. Noone wouoldbe able to stop him.

Ah yes, Giganto...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/gigantos.htm

They needed an ****ing nuclear bomb to stop him.

And there are more then one Gigantos...

jrodslam
Can someone please show some Wakandan tech?

DarkCrawler
Think like the US military 50-100 years in the future.

Wakanda has always been several steps ahead of the outside world technologically. They were building mechs back when the white man thought repeater rifles were hot shit.

Localized nuclear blasts, robot-piloted attack craft, satellite-based weaponry.... basically, all the stuff our military is looking at implimenting in the near future now, would be well within Wakanda's mein.

Atlantis is far above US in technology too.

Wickerman
Ah yes, Giganto...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/gigantos.htm

They needed an ****ing nuclear bomb to stop him.

And there are more then one Gigantos...

Not to mention the kind of mayhem Giganto #2 would cause shock

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Not to mention the kind of mayhem Giganto #2 would cause shock

~wickerman~

Yep.

Every creature of the Sea is in Namor's command.

Wickerman
Yep.

Every creature of the Sea is in Namor's command.

Again, i need to know if Wakanda is anywhere near fault lines. Cause if it is, then there's another huge plus to the atlanteans.

A number of earthquakes that could very well simply sink Wakanda coupled with tidal waves and such.......of course, if it's near fault lines.

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Lol, just read the comic with Giganto #2 in it.

Thor hit it with his hammer and it barely noticed it.

Wickerman
Lol, just read the comic with Giganto #2 in it.

Thor hit it with his hammer and it barely noticed it.

I wonder if Giganto has giant poop eek!

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
He could fling it at his enemies and destroy entire battalions! eek!

Wickerman
He could fling it at his enemies and destroy entire battalions! eek!

Poop covered wakanda warriors droolio

laughing out loud Where is Wakanda exactly located ?

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Found it:

http://www.comicboards.com/marvelguide/WAfrica.gif

Metalmanx
Hm...I think Wakanda would have the VERY SLIGHT advantage here. They're being led by Black Panter, who is basically Batman 2.0.

Since it's clear that he'll have mad prep for this war, then I give it to BP. He'll definitely device some crazy strategy for taken out the Atlanteans. Including Namor, though, of course, he'll be the toughest to defeat.

DarkCrawler
Well, really...what would that strategy be?

It's not like Atlanteans are dumbasses in strategy either. Normal lifespan of an Atlantean is 150 years...which would make most of them more experienced then Black Panther. Namor's no idiot either.

jrodslam
Are the defeners of Atlantis in this fight? Andromeda, Tamara,Tigershark, and his 2 cousins?

Juntai
If it was Aquaman's atlantis, this would be landslide.
lol.

Lucid Lui
In who's favour...?

Juntai
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
In who's favour...?
Aquaman's atlantis.
It holds like half of the most powerful mages in DC.
Including Tempest, or even Arion, who makes even Demon Lords quake with fear in his passing. In Crisis on Infinite Earths, they said he may very well be the most powerful in the universe.
All kinds of warriors too...
It'd be severe landslide.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jrodslam
Are the defeners of Atlantis in this fight? Andromeda, Tamara,Tigershark, and his 2 cousins?

Since they are citizens of Atlantis, I believe so.

Namorita is in Atlantis too.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Juntai
Aquaman's atlantis.
It holds like half of the most powerful mages in DC.
Including Tempest, or even Arion, who makes even Demon Lords quake with fear in his passing. In Crisis on Infinite Earths, they said he may very well be the most powerful in the universe.
All kinds of warriors too...
It'd be severe landslide.

They also have Aquaman. smile

Juntai
They also have Aquaman. smile Yep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.