'Safe cigarette' claimed to cut cancer by 90%

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nick1811
take a look at this: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1859508,00.html

what do you think?

debbiejo
Hummmmmmmmm interesting....I wonder if it's available now.

Shakyamunison
The only way that something like that would work is if you can't light it. laughing

nick1811
lol, yeah, its probably one of those fake one's you get at joke shops!

PVS
its a scam.
ill bet the farm.
thicker filter=more puffing=less smoke=less fulfillment=buying MORE cigarettes=getting the same amount of tar/nicotine/carbon monoxide, and not only that but exposing your lungs to smoke for twice as much if not more time than if you just stuck with regular cigarretes. so really you're just making it worse by smoking light and even worse by smoking ultra lights. i can only imagine what a joke this will be

and how can they claim it cuts cancer? thats the dead givaway.

soleran30
HAHA what a bunch of marketing bu11sh**! It always amuses me to watch something like this......now I know I get schnuckered on marketing and fall prety but puhlease this is just crap on a stick.......and in my opinion they should smoke it haha

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
its a scam.
ill bet the farm.

Come on man, the tobacco industry would never lie to us. They're as American as lesbian moms, genetically altered apple pie and an old fashioned super processed McDonalds cheeseburgers. All of which can be grown on farms...

WindDancer
The safest cigarretes are the ones you don't light up and smoke.

Julie
cigarettes increase your risk of cancer. even if that increase were able to be dropped to 10% increase...are you willing to play an expensive form of Russian roulette???

FeceMan
If smoking this cuts cancer by 90%, why aren't we handing them out to the terminally ill?

wink

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
If smoking this cuts cancer by 90%, why aren't we handing them out to the terminally ill?

wink If it does cut the cancer rate....then there will be much opposition to it by many manufactures and lobbyists.

Syren
*lights up in excitement* eek!

xmarksthespot
It's probably a scam. However the article (and the thread due to the article) has a misleading headline. I don't think they're claiming it cuts cancer risk in healthy individuals, only that it has a reduced rick in comparison to "conventional" cigarettes. The "safe" cigarettes will still increase the risk of developing cancer.

Syren
Just not as much as the cigarettes we have now...?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Syren
Just not as much as the cigarettes we have now...?

Probably. I dunno, i'll be willing to try them out erm

~wickerman~

Susan-Storm
Face it People,There is No safe Cigarette..Duh do you ever watch the commercials

Jedi Priestess
smoke

sully_2u
the safer cig would be to cut out the other 4000 chemicals thats are not needed in them like rat poisening

Kosta
Safe cigarette?

Thats about as probable as safe warfare. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Proft boosts. Scammy profit boosts.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Wickerman
Probably. I dunno, i'll be willing to try them out erm

~wickerman~
Equilibrium...yay, good movie.

Random.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.