Living Forever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MysteryRidah
* Thanks for moving it *

Anyway, from the bible viewpoint in the near future, GOD has plans to build a new heaven and a new earth, all this is in connection with each other, meaning in the bible its called: The holy city that is suppose to be created on earth, the new earth.

( 2 peter chapter 3 verse 13, revelation chapter 21 verse 1, Isaiah 65:17 )

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Anyway, for those who believe, do yall look forward to living forever in paradise?

Happy Dance smile

Scoobless
How do you know he hasn't already built a new Earth in a different solar system?..... maybe we are already forgotten

Maybe God just has ADD and goes around creating new earths every other week and he just forgets about the old ones

when you have eternity to play with you'd get bored fairly often

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison

Scoobless
it's all to do with control via fear.... do what i say and you'll live forever in paradise.... go against what i say and you'll burn forever

Or, as it was summed up in Dogma: "Do it and i'll f**kin' spank you!"

*great film*

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Scoobless
it's all to do with control via fear.... do what i say and you'll live forever in paradise.... go against what i say and you'll burn forever

Or, as it was summed up in Dogma: "Do it and i'll f**kin' spank you!"

*great film*

I knew that. I just like tweaking with the minds of Christians. stick out tongue

darkjedi132
i dont kno..forever is a very very very long time..i just hope heaven isnt just starring at a light or someting like that (thats wat i used to think it was)

Scoobless
Originally posted by darkjedi132
i dont kno..forever is a very very very long time..i just hope heaven isnt just starring at a light or someting like that (thats wat i used to think it was)

LMAO..... laughing

MysteryRidah
Well think about the issue now. For example, alot of us dont wanna die, but the truth is, before armageddon, some of us or billions of us will die. So if deep deep down none of us wants to die, how joyful would it be once GOD makes a new heaven and a new earth for mankind to lived forever, how joyful would that be, i mean we lived forever, thats great.

I am one, who is looking forward to the end of this world and awaiting the next.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by MysteryRidah
Well think about the issue now. For example, alot of us dont wanna die, but the truth is, before armageddon, some of us or billions of us will die. So if deep deep down none of us wants to die, how joyful would it be once GOD makes a new heaven and a new earth for mankind to lived forever, how joyful would that be, i mean we lived forever, thats great.

I am one, who is looking forward to the end of this world and awaiting the next.

Why would you waist your life. Not some of us are going to die, all of us are going to die. That is the way it has been for billions of years and that is the way it will continue. However, if your belief make you happy, why should I stop you. I would rather be happy then right. big grin

debbiejo
There are many beliefs that consider death to be the master piece of life...and the grand illusion of living on the planet ....They welcome it with open arms...not fearing it, but making the most of life here and now.

Zarathustra
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Isn't the concept of "living forever in paradise" while others burn in hell a self-centered indulgence?

Nope. The people allegedly living forever in paradise did not choose to condemn others to hell so they could have their reward: God does that so they aren't choosing to indulge. They obeyed God happily throughout their lives: there's no selfishness there. And Christian dogmas tend to declare that following God's will just because you hope for a reward/are afraid of hell simply isn't good enough. You're supposed to do it because you want to serve your god. So you can also cut out that "I'd rather be happy now" garbage too: if those Christians weren't happy being obedient their obedience was worthless from the get-go.

debbiejo
I think it was Miss Kansas who was running for "Miss USA/America . She was asked this question about living forever and her answer went like this: I don't think we could live forever because we can't live forever otherwise we could live forever but since we cannot live forever we can't live forever.....

Amazing isn't it? blink

Scoobless
Originally posted by debbiejo
I think it was Miss Kansas who was running for "Miss USA/America . She was asked this question about living forever and her answer went like this: I don't think we could live forever because we can't live forever otherwise we could live forever but since we cannot live forever we can't live forever.....

hold on a sec.... *carry the two...."

SHE'S F**KIN' RIGHT!!!

Shakyamunison
You are all sick people! and I love youinlove

jump
jump

debbiejo
Sickness is what make the world special....Or is that brain chemistry...Nah, it's a Geminis personality....I've already started living forever.

whistling

Scoobless
Sickness is what make the world special....Or is that brain chemistry...Nah, it's a Geminis personality

shifty

crispycream
i'd rather live forever in heaven than on this earth that's for sure. i mean this earth is just getting worse and worse people killing each other, hunger, pain suffering. you see so many bad things on the news these days, i mean who would wanna live forever on a planet that's probably gonna kill itself soon anyways what if global warming and terrorist attacks and stuff

Legend Of Chibi
* Thanks for moving it *

Anyway, from the bible viewpoint in the near future, GOD has plans to build a new heaven and a new earth, all this is in connection with each other, meaning in the bible its called: The holy city that is suppose to be created on earth, the new earth.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Anyway, for those who believe, do yall look forward to living forever in paradise?

Happy Dance smile

Paradise drool
Can't wait till that day, and in the end i'll be swimming in a pool of Cola drool
Happy Dance

debbiejo
So, I guess you're waiting for the Antichrist to make his appearance then...What about verse 1 John 2:18.......Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that Antichrist is coming, so now many Antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour. .....It's historical.

Doesn't the building of the temple have to come first?.....how is that gonna be done if the Dome of the Rock is there.....Sacrifices have to cease don't they, which mean that have to be restarted in a temple right?

Legend Of Chibi
So, I guess you're waiting for the Antichrist to make his appearance then...What about verse 1 John 2:18.......Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that Antichrist is coming, so now many Antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour. .....It's historical.
You have seriously misunderstood this, when it says many Antichrists will come it means many bad people who are like him in the way they are bad, but not the actual one. And the last hour, it means it'll happen soon, not in the actual hour.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi

Did you have a point and just hit the summit button to early?

debbiejo
blink He meant to say he agrees with us..............Hmmmm

Legend Of Chibi
Here it is even more simplified:

Many evil people have come(so now many Antichrists have come) so it's obvious the real one will appear soon(therefore we know that it is the last hour)

debbiejo
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Here it is even more simplified:

Many evil people have come(so now many Antichrists have come) so it's obvious the real one will appear soon(therefore we know that it is the last hour) Historical...meaning those that do not do goodness....ie Christos...believing and doing good...predates.

Shakyamunison
blink He meant to say he agrees with us..............Hmmmm

Well, there are at least two people on the computer when you read any of Legend Of Chibi's posts. So he tries to be tricky and change people and ideas on us.

debbiejo
Scholar?

Shakyamunison
Scholar?

And your point is?...

debbiejo
It's opposite day...Chibi a scholar.

Shakyamunison
It's opposite day...Chibi a scholar.

A scholar of un-tweak-quities. laughing

debbiejo
He still didn't answer the "Dome of the Rock" question.....How are sacrifices going to be started, then ended if there is NO TEMPLE!!...The Dome of the Rock is there. smart

Imagawa666
No such thing as armageddon or the anti christ. Living for a long tie possible. Not forever though.

HairyPooper
Heaven is a place most awesome and most beautiful beyond our wildest and fondest dreams and imaginations.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by HairyPooper
Heaven is a place most awesome and most beautiful beyond our wildest and fondest dreams and imaginations.

That is true, but you do not go there after death. Heaven is here on Earth, but so is hell, the choice is yours.

mr. sheep
is it even possible to enjoy eternal bliss? i mean thats forever and ever, and ever and ever etc., wouldn't you become desensitized to the whole experience...you wouldn't be able to maintain a static, perpetual state of bliss, or suffering for that matter. that's not the nature of feeling, i mean essentially it's transient in nature, it's constantly moving in one direction or another, and it is impossible to understand joy without the existence of suffering in ones life, they are complimentary to one another.
of course anything can go in the realm of the "supernatural," but it seems conception of the supernatural originates from an ignorance of the natural/Nature(of oneself, as well as the universe, which are ultimately inseperable). there is no reason to believe that what is conceived as the "supernatural" is anything more than the itellectual fallacies that exist in the fantastical realm of abstraction and imagination. to prove that concrete realities exist behind such ideas, you would need concrete proof.

debbiejo
I believe we ALL go to a great place when we die. We go back to where we came from... angel

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mr. sheep
is it even possible to enjoy eternal bliss? i mean thats forever and ever, and ever and ever etc., wouldn't you become desensitized to the whole experience...you wouldn't be able to maintain a static, perpetual state of bliss, ...

I don't know, but a rock sure looks happy to me. laughing

AOR
* Thanks for moving it *

Happy Dance smile

yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.